Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*UPDATED* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition)

Comments

• Options
    CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    TSJasson wrote: »
    Aw, my card is overpowered, it's a GTX 770 :(

That's not a bad thing, especially if you play other games. The only reason I listed overpowered cards is to prevent people upgrading to them and wasting money when they get the same noticeable performance on a cheaper card.

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    SimMermaidSimMermaid Posts: 143 Member
    Hi I'd like to say that my AMD Radeon HD 5700 card was not on your list of supported cards. I believe it should since it plays the game beautifully on maxed out graphics settings. I only saw AMD Radeon HD 74~0 and HD 7510. Thanks!
    15172230595_0a68618665.jpg
  • Options
    heart17090heart17090 Posts: 25 Member
    Just to let you know the AMD Radeon HD 8670D can play the Sims 4 at ultra high. I do not have any issues with it at all.
  • Options
    SimMermaid wrote: »
    Hi I'd like to say that my AMD Radeon HD 5700 card was not on your list of supported cards. I believe it should since it plays the game beautifully on maxed out graphics settings. I only saw AMD Radeon HD 74~0 and HD 7510. Thanks!

Hello,

Your card is on the list, however it is under the ATI Radeon Series section. To cut a long story short, AMD bought ATI but didn't start using the AMD name on the graphics cards until the HD 6xxx series. Therefore, the HD 5xxx series (and earlier) are under the ATI Radeon brand.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    SRVelez19SRVelez19 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Hi! I'm using the Nvidia Geforce GT 650M and it's running fine on low settings.

I have a question though. I notice that despite being colored black on your list, whenever I try to raise the settings all the way to high/very high (or generally on 'ultra'), my game crashes once I start loading my saved file. It launches perfectly fine, without any lag, it just crashes a few seconds into the loading screen when you hit the play button beside your selected household. When I put it back on low settings, the game runs smoothly again.

I have to note, though. All of the three checkboxes (post processing, laptop mode and I forgot the other one) are ticked, so I wonder if one of them clashes with the settings?

I also turned on VSync in-game and in the Nvidia Control Panel, as well as Triple Buffering. Should I have not done that?

I'm not exactly all-techy, but I have a layman's idea of how things go.

It would be great to hear from you :)

Thanks, btw, for this thread! :smile:
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    This is like the best forum topic ever lol especially when it comes to knowing what will be best for playing the game for those who have it or considering getting it.

I'm going to be getting a computer soon and was wondering if I will be able to play the game at Ultra Settings with the Nivida Geforce GT 750M graphics card, 1TB of storage, a 1080p display, and an iCore7 Haswell Processor for a laptop?

Thanks in advance :D hopefully you wonderful simmers can help me since my current computer is on a period and isn't currently with the game since I installed the patch thing.
  • Options
    I ran across this guide to AMD cards
    http://youtu.be/n2wcMMtH7fQ

Very awesomeness
  • Options
    SimsProductionsSimsProductions Posts: 432 Member
    edited September 2014
    @libra_style Yup, you should be able to play the game fully maxed out.

@CodySimstein

The GT 320 shouldn't be in red, I own the card and I can play the Sims 4 on high.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

OMG thanks, that almost brings tears to my eye sockets :D , Do you think I should get the laptop and see what I can do with it?
  • Options
    SimsProductionsSimsProductions Posts: 432 Member

OMG thanks, that almost brings tears to my eye sockets :D , Do you think I should get the laptop and see what I can do with it?

Yes, if you really want a new laptop. I googled your graphics card and came across this picture:
    Knipsel.png

On all settings you'll get a smooth framerate that won't go lower than 30. However, you might get more fps because your processor is pretty good too.
  • Options
    JRon7667JRon7667 Posts: 234 Member
    THank you Im just now seeing this. I have been playing with settings all on high and its been working perfectly, knock wood.
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    JRon7667 wrote: »
    I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260. Display Memory: 4069 MB... Dedicated Memory: 869 MB... Shared Memory: 3199 MB<br />
    <br />
    I am hoping it will work!
    hi @JRon7667 here is the games default setting for your card:
    card 0x05E2 "GeForce GTX 260" $cardLevelHigh $resolutionHigh

high settings/ high resolution

please be mindful of age. if your card is not performing as well as you like do lower settings. i also strongly encourage cosnidering upgrades/replacements in the near future, good luck

• Options

Yes, if you really want a new laptop. I googled your graphics card and came across this picture:
    Knipsel.png

On all settings you'll get a smooth framerate that won't go lower than 30. However, you might get more fps because your processor is pretty good too.

WOWZERS that is awesome :smile: THanks
  • Options
    FishinfanFishinfan Posts: 50 New Member
    edited September 2014
    So my radeon 7950 isn't supported in sims 4?
  • Options
    Fishinfan wrote: »
    So my radeon 7950 isn't supported in sims 4?

Hello,

Your AMD Radeon HD 7950 is supported in The Sims 4, but is overpowered if just playing TS4. The reason why I did this was to discourage people buying overpowered cards and wasting money when they can get the same performance for cheaper.

I hope this makes sense,

Cody

• Options
    SmithMarshSmithMarsh Posts: 1,057 Member
    edited September 2014
    Oops sorry wrong post
  • Options
    AsmodeusesWifeAsmodeusesWife Posts: 240 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hi, I was wondering about buying a new pc and have found this one nearly £100 cheaper in another store and was wondering if this is okay for playing the Sims 4?

Type Desktop PC (Advent)
    Operating system Windows 8
    SPECIFICATION
    Processor Intel® Core™ i3-3240 Processor (3.40 GHz, 3 MB cache)
    RAM 8 GB DDR3 (16 GB maximum installable RAM)
    Graphics card AMD Radeon HD 6670 (2 GB DDR3)
    Storage 2 TB HDD, 7200 rpm

but there is this one which is a an HP Pavillion

Type Desktop
    Operating system Windows 8.1
    SPECIFICATION
    Processor Intel® Core™ i5-4460S Processor (2.9 GHz, 3.4 GHz with TurboBoost, 6 MB cache)
    RAM 8 GB DDR3
    Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT 705
    Storage 2 TB HDD, 7200 rpm
    Motherboard Intel Z87
    Its better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that
    you're stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt.
    asmodeuseswife.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Options
    moorebratzmoorebratz Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi,

I was just wondering if my new laptop fits the requirements to play Sims 4?

Operation System: Windows 8.1
    Processor: AMD A6-440M APU with Radeon HD Graphics (2CPUs)
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7520G
    RAM: 6144MB

• Options
    moorebratz wrote: »
    Hi,<br />
    <br />
    I was just wondering if my new laptop fits the requirements to play Sims 4?<br />
    <br />
    Operation System: Windows 8.1<br />
    Processor: AMD A6-440M APU with Radeon HD Graphics (2CPUs)<br />
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7520G<br />
    RAM: 6144MB<br />
    <br />

Hello,

It meets the requirements for the Sims 4, and should be able to handle medium settings.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody

• Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have the game now it is running good on high on my computer

ACER ASPIRE X1420G
    AMD Athlon II X4 645 Processor 3.10 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    64-bit OP
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Nvidia GeForce GT 610 Graphics Card
    Low Profile computer, can not get a bit better cause many will not fit in the casing at all...

It is running good, But having a issue when my tray file has over 800 files in it it then takes more then 20 min to load up, but when I remove backup my tray it loads up very fast, Why is this taking way too long for my game to load up it freezes unresponsive at loading up game stuck on load screen but when I remove try it is fine, I see too many files are added when make 1 Sim why? Please help have made some nice houses, rooms Sims to share but it is taking for ever to load up with all those files, I need my gallery shared things I made but have to remove them cause of lag.
    Post edited by EndlessSims3 on
  • Options
    janeDoe001janeDoe001 Posts: 1,159 Member
    So the GeForce 310M won't work. :(:cry: That sucks.

jD001
    Pokety Poke Poke :D

• Options
    sarka597sarka597 Posts: 70 Member
    i have AMD Radeon R4 graphics settings on medium low and high...i do have to run it on laptop mode and edge smoothing on low
  • Options
    aboutjeraldleeaboutjeraldlee Posts: 34 Member
    @UDLM:

Seems rather strange that my 4-year old 450 gts would have the same "color rating" as my brand new GT 630 that I bought 2 weekends ago.

--I am planning to buy GT 630 for my desktop. Do you run your game in High/Ultra settings?
  • Options
    aboutjeraldleeaboutjeraldlee Posts: 34 Member
    How is it that i have a NVIDIA GT 630 and would "probably" The Sims 4, but not at higher graphical settings and i can play the sims 3 perfectly fine on highest setting and a HQ mod?

@ellerox11 Have you tried playing the game in this specs? Are you able to run it in high/ultra settings?
  • Options
    Dsmudge938Dsmudge938 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Hello :)
    first, can anyone tell me how to find my graphics card? because I just went searching for my system requirements and can't seem to locate it. lol
    thanks.