Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*UPDATED* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition)

Comments

• chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Dsmudge938 wrote: »
    Hello :) <br />
    first, can anyone tell me how to find my graphics card? because I just went searching for my system requirements and can't seem to locate it. lol <br />
    thanks.

If you have Windows Vista/Win 7

1. Click On Start
    2. Type dxdiag into Search Box
    3. Wait till Program opens
    4. Click Save All Information.

If you have Microsoft Windows 8:

1. Make sure you are on the tiled screen
    2. Type DxDiag and hit enter
    3. Program should open
    4. Click Save All Information.
    Find where you saved the info and open with note pad, Copy and paste the whole thing here.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• UDLMUDLM Posts: 49 Member
    @Dsmudge938:
    Go to your start menu and type dxdiag
    In the window that pops up, press the Display tab. Right at the top it will tell you your video card info under or next to Name.

@aboutjeraldlee:
    It defaulted to Medium settings; I've just now changed it to Ultra... so far so good. I can also run WoW on Ultra with no problems.
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    I have another question, why does a supported graphics that's overpowered would be not recommended? Does it do something bad to the game? because I would love to play the game in Ultra settings lol
  • Dsmudge938Dsmudge938 Posts: 10 New Member
    okay :D
    found it!
    its; Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    isn't that the type that has been having trouble? :s
  • aboutjeraldleeaboutjeraldlee Posts: 34 Member
    I am planning to buy this videocard on Friday: Palit GeForce GTX650 Videocard 1gb-128bit Pcie Ddr5

Will this run The Sims 4 in Ultra Settings and will this be compatible to my mobo Emaxx_EMX-MCP61D3-iCafe/1066?

Here is my specs
    1x4gb RAM
    1x2gb RAM
    I have another question, why does a supported graphics that's overpowered would be not recommended? Does it do something bad to the game? because I would love to play the game in Ultra settings lol
    No it's completely fine to have an overpowered graphics card.. I myself have the NVidia GTX 670.. runs ultra no lag.
    It's not recommended to go out and buy an overpowered graphics card if you are just playing the sims 4.
    Because you would be wasting your money.. you can get something cheaper that will do the same job.
    However if you do play other graphic intense games such as call of duty or grand theft auto, then it's a good idea to buy one of the overpowered cards listed.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

I am planning to buy this videocard on Friday: Palit GeForce GTX650 Videocard 1gb-128bit Pcie Ddr5<br />
    <br />
    Will this run The Sims 4 in Ultra Settings and will this be compatible to my mobo Emaxx_EMX-MCP61D3-iCafe/1066? <br />
    <br />
    Here is my specs<br />
    1x4gb RAM<br />
    1x2gb RAM

The card should be able to push ultra settings.
    Do you know the size of your power supply?
    you need a minimum of 400 watts for that graphics card.
    Your motherboard has a pci e 2.0 slot and the card can operate on the pci e 3.0 slot.. you can still use that slot but the card might not work to it's full potential.
    Also your motherboard is a micro one I think.. so need to make sure things are not cramped in there and also need to make sure your case is big enough to hold the card.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• JemineyeJemineye Posts: 15 New Member
    I'm starting to wonder if my graphics and crash issues are because of this: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
    I couldn't find it anywhere on the list.
  • temptinggalltemptinggall Posts: 21 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Hey, I have a couple of questions for those who know what's going on, because I definitely don't :). I have NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 which is in the orange section (card will play the sims 4, but not at higher graphical settings) how it differ from red section (cards that will only play at lover graphical settings) in terms of setting graphical options. Does it mean that I can play at medium graphical options?

Secondly I was trying to play at the highest graphical options and my game crashed to the desktop every time I enter it ( kicking out of a game). Does it mean that I was pushing my computer to hard and it closed the game to prevent it from overheating? Or this is not linked to that?

Thirdly If I want to play at the highest graphical option what should I do? I've heard from someone that I should update drivers for my card, since I have no knowledge in computers I wanted to get a second opinion. Would it help me to run the game at the highest options? Or I should buy completely different card ? If I should update drivers is it free or I will need to pay for it ?

If it be needed I have processor- AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, and Windows XP Service Pack 3

I wanna thank you all for providing us such an important information, you are really wonderful! And in advance for possible help for me :)
  • CthomsponCthomspon Posts: 2 New Member
    my computer has an integrated geforce6150 nforce430 video card. i want to play ts4. I played sims 3 with most expansions on higher setting issue free with exception to pets. my computer exceeds recommended requirements with exception to video card which is out of date i cannot upgrade with the current pc i have and dont want replace computer as it runs great meets my needs except for this game. it plays most games really well so i am wondering if i meet all other requirements will my graphics card be an issue if it wasnt for sims3? i dont want to download the game if it will not work. i am perfectly happy running on medium settings low even if they arent horrible...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Just bought a GTX 660. Will it run the graphics and other stuff on ultra?
  • fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    AMD Radeon R5 230 graphics
    Feature 1GB dedicated video memory for lush visuals. An HDMI output enables flexible connectivity.
    From my new pc specs what color is this card
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

hey CLP did you also get a new PSU? and confirm your motherboard and case can take the 660?

Jemineye wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder if my graphics and crash issues are because of this: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 <br />
    I couldn't find it anywhere on the list.

hi @Jemineye based on age as well as specs your system is underpowered for the game, try lowering all settings to low, lower resolution and try windowed mode as well as laptop setting. if you system cant run on these settings then sorry the best other option is to replace, good luck
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

hey CLP did you also get a new PSU? and confirm your motherboard and case can take the 660?

I totally bought a new pc the HP Envy. The person at Bestbuy that is installing my card alerted me that I'd need a new PSU to run the card so I bought one and their installing it. I guess the card is compatible with the motherboard or they would have told me.

They just said I needed a power supply over 450.
    ceejay402 wrote: »

I totally bought a new pc the HP Envy. The person at Bestbuy that is installing my card alerted me that I'd need a new PSU to run the card so I bought one and their installing it. I guess the card is compatible with the motherboard or they would have told me.

They just said I needed a power supply over 450.

Great, glad you got a new system.
  • LegaspiWeaverLegaspiWeaver Posts: 136 Member
    I'm just curious does Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 work with Sims 4? Because it's not listed at all
    according to this :
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_4:System_Requirements
    No.
    I wouldn't suggest playing the game.. the GMA 950 is not suited toward any gaming.. it's basically just an integrated card used for just normal everyday activities on your pc.. not gaming.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Well that's weird then because Sims 3 plays just fine for me.
    Got to remember ts3 is a 5 year old game.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Sorry Chester is right this chip is underpowered for gaming, and for 4, and whatever it is able to do with 3 sadly means it's already overworked.

See this explanation http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Onboard_Graphics

edited September 2014
    Thank you I just read this...I'm going to try and see if I can get myself a computer just for gaming. Thanks for your help..
    Post edited by LegaspiWeaver on
  • temptinggalltemptinggall Posts: 21 New Member
    I don't want to be annoying for you guys, but did anyone see my post, few comments before? :) I realized that the thread keeps showing only the newest comments so it maybe somehow skipped mine?
  • CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hey, I have a couple of questions for those who know what's going on, because I definitely don't :). I have NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 which is in the orange section (card will play the sims 4, but not at higher graphical settings) how it differ from red section (cards that will only play at lover graphical settings) in terms of setting graphical options. Does it mean that I can play at medium graphical options?<br />
    <br />
    Secondly I was trying to play at the highest graphical options and my game crashed to the desktop every time I enter it ( kicking out of a game). Does it mean that I was pushing my computer to hard and it closed the game to prevent it from overheating? Or this is not linked to that? <br />
    <br />
    Thirdly If I want to play at the highest graphical option what should I do? I've heard from someone that I should update drivers for my card, since I have no knowledge in computers I wanted to get a second opinion. Would it help me to run the game at the highest options? Or I should buy completely different card ? If I should update drivers is it free or I will need to pay for it ?<br />
    <br />
    If it be needed I have processor- AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, and Windows XP Service Pack 3<br />
    <br />
    I wanna thank you all for providing us such an important information, you are really wonderful! And in advance for possible help for me :)

Hello,

The orange section is basically a very general colour rank that covers anything from low-medium settings to medium-high settings. I would imagine the GT 430 would handle medium settings just about fine.

I will cover the second and third points together. I am a little worried about your processor, as it is below minimum requirements, which is perhaps why the game isn't launching as your computer is preventing itself from opening an application that it probably won't be able to run without overheating - opening Sims shouldn't be pushing it too far, but I have noticed Windows sometimes being clever about not running programs it probably can't run.

So if you want to play at the highest graphics settings, I think the best option would be to upgrade to a completely new computer. I could give the reasoning, but basically the stuff that needs upgrading would end up costing quite a bit, so due to the age of your system, it may be a better idea to start afresh.

In fact, your computer does not meet the minimum requirements anyway, so you would need to upgrade to something new anyway.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • aboutjeraldleeaboutjeraldlee Posts: 34 Member
    UPDATE: I got my GTX 650 and upgraded my ram to 4gb. When I started the game it always crash within a minute. Why is that so? Can someone please help me?