Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*UPDATED* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition)

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    UPDATE: I got my GTX 650 and upgraded my ram to 4gb. When I started the game it always crash within a minute. Why is that so? Can someone please help me?

First thing review all connections and your steps, run dxdiag
  • Options
    aboutjeraldleeaboutjeraldlee Posts: 34 Member
    I think the saved game was corrupted (I don't know why). What I did is start a new game and the game is not crashing now.
  • Options
    temptinggalltemptinggall Posts: 21 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @CodySimstein wrote: »

> Hello,
    >
    > The orange section is basically a very general colour rank that covers anything from low-medium settings to medium-high settings. I would imagine the GT 430 would handle medium settings just about fine.
    >
    > I will cover the second and third points together. I am a little worried about your processor, as it is below minimum requirements, which is perhaps why the game isn't launching as your computer is preventing itself from opening an application that it probably won't be able to run without overheating - opening Sims shouldn't be pushing it too far, but I have noticed Windows sometimes being clever about not running programs it probably can't run.
    >
    > So if you want to play at the highest graphics settings, I think the best option would be to upgrade to a completely new computer. I could give the reasoning, but basically the stuff that needs upgrading would end up costing quite a bit, so due to the age of your system, it may be a better idea to start afresh.
    >
    > In fact, your computer does not meet the minimum requirements anyway, so you would need to upgrade to something new anyway.
    >
    > I hope this helps and keep simming,
    >
    > Cody

Hey,
    First of all I wanna thank you very much for the answer it was very illuminating I guess :D but in fact the news are pretty bad for me, no way I could let myself buy new computer anytime soon. Playing on lower setting was pretty good, my computer handled it for a couple of hours just fine but maybe wasn't happy about that. Just turned of the game when options was high, keep open when medium.(NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 ,processor- AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, and Windows XP Service Pack 3) Does this mean than my computer could fry itself after some time because of playing sims 4 ( which are to strong for it)? Just wanna understand how serious this is :)

I also have a laptop but never played sims on it, I was afraid of overheating. Here are some info:
    -Radeon (TM) HD 6770M and I saw this HD 67~0M in orange section and I'm not quite sure that it's the same.
    -processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670 QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz
    -RAM 8.00 GB
    -system 64-bit
    -windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

maybe it would be better if I switched to laptop with this game?
    and I guess that would be all I need to know, and you can peacefully take care of other stuff/people :D One again thank you thank you! :)
  • Options
    ayberk_yarbasayberk_yarbas Posts: 10 New Member
    Oh that's why I dislike my graphic card. Radeon HD 7670m doesn't support high graphics.
  • Options
    nevern119nevern119 Posts: 24 Member
    My graphic card is listed as supported by the game, it's an nVidia 750 GTX 2 gig ram and the driver is up to date. The game on install gave me a message that it could not recognise my video card? and that settings would be set lower? I didn't expect to have a problem with the card and would like to be able to run it at optimum settings. I have the digital version of the game. I am still waiting for EA support to get back to me on this, though I filed the problem straight away, and am starting to think it may be some time.
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited September 2014
    nevern119 wrote: »
    My graphic card is listed as supported by the game, it's an nVidia 750 GTX 2 gig ram and the driver is up to date. The game on install gave me a message that it could not recognise my video card? and that settings would be set lower? I didn't expect to have a problem with the card and would like to be able to run it at optimum settings. I have the digital version of the game. I am still waiting for EA support to get back to me on this, though I filed the problem straight away, and am starting to think it may be some time.
    That's strange because the card is actually supported and is above the recommended.
    Try this first.. in origin right click the sims 4 icon and select repair game
    Also right click again and check for updates.

Edit also try launching the game via a game booster such as razor game booster.

Post edited by chesterbigbird on
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hey,<br />
    First of all I wanna thank you very much for the answer it was very illuminating I guess :D but in fact the news are pretty bad for me, no way I could let myself buy new computer anytime soon. Playing on lower setting was pretty good, my computer handled it for a couple of hours just fine but maybe wasn't happy about that. Just turned of the game when options was high, keep open when medium.(NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 ,processor- AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, and Windows XP Service Pack 3) Does this mean than my computer could fry itself after some time because of playing sims 4 ( which are to strong for it)? Just wanna understand how serious this is :) <br />
    <br />
    I also have a laptop but never played sims on it, I was afraid of overheating. Here are some info:<br />
    -Radeon (TM) HD 6770M and I saw this HD 67~0M in orange section and I'm not quite sure that it's the same.<br />
    -processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670 QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz<br />
    -RAM 8.00 GB<br />
    -system 64-bit<br />
    -windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1<br />
    <br />
    maybe it would be better if I switched to laptop with this game?<br />
    and I guess that would be all I need to know, and you can peacefully take care of other stuff/people :D One again thank you thank you! :)

Hello,

Your laptop is much better suited for playing The Sims 4. The overheating issues were with TS3, and TS4 seems to be less likely to cause these problems on the same system. The processor in your laptop meets the recommended requirements whereas the processor in your desktop doesn't even meet the minimum requirements, so your laptop should be able to play the game better despite both graphics cards being in Orange.

So in short, play on your laptop :)

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody

Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    temptinggalltemptinggall Posts: 21 New Member
    > @CodySimstein said:
    > So in short, play on your laptop :)
    >
    > I hope this helps and keep simming,
    >
    > Cody

Oh that's some great news! Thank you so much! I'll definitely do that! :) Take care!
  • Options
    Maxbjr12Maxbjr12 Posts: 4 New Member
    Sorry but the Nvidia laptop 765M video card DOES NOT work, so you can take that off your list. I have a new Alienware 17 laptop PC, with i7 processor, 8g ram, and Nvidia 765M video card. And I get the video card not supported/can't run the game.
  • Options
    CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Maxbjr12 wrote: »
    Sorry but the Nvidia laptop 765M video card DOES NOT work, so you can take that off your list. I have a new Alienware 17 laptop PC, with i7 processor, 8g ram, and Nvidia 765M video card. And I get the video card not supported/can't run the game.

I would disagree - the Geforce GTX 765M is better than the GT 750M which is definitely supported in the game. Can you describe your problem further? Are you getting error messages? Maybe you should start your own thread to get this issue sorted, as that card should be supported.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    The error message I'm getting is that This video card is not supported by Sims4. Followed by a long error code number.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The error message I'm getting is that This video card is not supported by Sims4. Followed by a long error code number.

Sounds like the game is trying to run with the integrated card, not the Nvidia card. There's a topic here somewhere about how to fix that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Maxbjr12 wrote: »
    >
    > The error message I'm getting is that This video card is not supported by Sims4. Followed by a long error code number.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sounds like the game is trying to run with the integrated card, not the Nvidia card. There's a topic here somewhere about how to fix that.

This ^ worked! thank you.
  • Options
    nevern119nevern119 Posts: 24 Member
    @chesterbigbird wrote: That's strange because the card is actually supported and is above the recommended.
    Try this first.. in origin right click the sims 4 icon and select repair game
    Also right click again and check for updates.

Edit also try launching the game via a game booster such as razor game booster.

Thanks I have tried the game repair, still no go....and also checked for updates. But I will have a go at launching via a game booster, thank you for the suggestions.
  • Options
    Wpardue77Wpardue77 Posts: 129 Member
    Honestly I think this is a bit misleading.. You can put a gt600 card in a intel core 2 duo vs a intel i7 intel setup and see a huge difference in performance.. So this whole color ranking is not totally accurate.. Intact I bet you I can stomp a PC with a gt870 using a regular saucer hd with my PC that has a gt840 with a SSD drive..

Oh and let's not forget amt of RAM a system has..
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    > @luthienrising said:<br />
    > Maxbjr12 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > The error message I'm getting is that This video card is not supported by Sims4. Followed by a long error code number.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Sounds like the game is trying to run with the integrated card, not the Nvidia card. There's a topic here somewhere about how to fix that.<br />
    <br />
    This ^ worked! thank you.
    Yup the gtx 765M runs perfect.. just have to set it up in NVidia control panel :)

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    IntriligatorIntriligator Posts: 5 New Member
    My GTX 675MX isnt specifically listed...
    Am having issues with game freezes and epic loading times - after 95 hours play - now over 2 minutes to travel from place to place, it has gradually got worse over time.
  • Options
    JohanventerJohanventer Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi all okay let me start from the beginning. I bought the game from a store a double DVD disk version of sims 4, I tried installing it from the CD but after days of contacting people from ea no one could tell me how... so I started downloading it with origin and now everything it gets to 91% it says continue downloading and jumps back to 88% it doesn't go past . I'm seriously so F#** off.
  • Options
    twinklekztwinklekz Posts: 166 Member
    I bought my MSI GE70 yesterday! It has the GTX 860m and it runs like a dream! Love it! It has an i7 and 12gb of ram. :)
  • Options
    Heloise55Heloise55 Posts: 2 New Member
    Could someone please tell me if this would be a good laptop for sims 4? My current laptop wont play the sims and I dont really want to buy a new laptop and have the same problem. Thanks!

Dell Inspiron 15 5000-
    Processor: 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4510U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
    Memory: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx2)
    Hard Drive: 1TB 5400 rpm SATA Hybrid Hard Drive with 8GB Cache
    Video Card: AMD Radeon™ HD R7 M265 2GB DDR3
  • Options
    SungFishySungFishy Posts: 455 Member
    Heloise55 wrote: »
    Could someone please tell me if this would be a good laptop for sims 4? My current laptop wont play the sims and I dont really want to buy a new laptop and have the same problem. Thanks!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Dell Inspiron 15 5000-<br />
    Processor: 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4510U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz) <br />
    Memory: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx2)<br />
    Hard Drive: 1TB 5400 rpm SATA Hybrid Hard Drive with 8GB Cache<br />
    Video Card: AMD Radeon™ HD R7 M265 2GB DDR3

The R7 M265 performance is around a 640m and a 730m..you may be able to play on medium-high? settings.
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
  • Options
    DavidMCSessyDavidMCSessy Posts: 1,148 Member
    Does somebody use the NVidia GTX 470 and is it good? I've been searching for a good graphics card. What graphics card do you guys have and are you happy with the performance?
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    SungFishySungFishy Posts: 455 Member
    Does somebody use the NVidia GTX 470 and is it good? I've been searching for a good graphics card. What graphics card do you guys have and are you happy with the performance?

GTX 470 is a bit old but it can handle ultra settings. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_System_Requirements
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    I already purchased a geforce 7900 graphic card and didn't spend a lot of money just waiting for it to come in the mail but I wanted to do a test with my old graphic card gefore 6200 to see what kind of issues I would have and I only notice one thing when I loaded up to play the game the first two times the tv screen and the computer screen wasn't showing any picture but I could hear what the sims are watching on tv but the screen was black.

I was able to have my sims travel to the bar and the gym without any issues and played the game for hours but because this graphic card is not supported I would rather be safe then have a issue down the line.

I also I upgraded my memory three months ago to 4GB too but my computer only show 3GB and I'm playing on a dell dimension 4600i.

Few screenshot from the game.

09-13-14_8-57nbspAM_zpscfc8d747.png

09-07-14_8-13nbspPM-3_zps99bce87a.png

09-13-14_8-43nbspAM_zpse78c243c.png

This was the third time I played the game for a about 10 mins to see if anything had changed and notice the computer and tv was showing picture this time.

09-14-14_10-05nbspAM_zps867b01a3.png
    09-14-14_10-06nbspAM_zpsb13ead3d.png

I just wanted to share that with anyone that was thinking of playing it on gefore 6200 it's better to upgrade the graphic card.
    new.png
  • Options
    AJLOVER01AJLOVER01 Posts: 120 Member
    Just letting you know I have a AMD Radeon 6670 and I have no issues playing on high and ultra settings.