Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Running list of confirmed features, 201 and counting!

Comments

• Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    Alizatina wrote: »
    Oh my, there is a Search feature in build/buy mode of the Sims 4!

My cries have been answered! :D
    This is one feature I can sincerely admit is great. It was so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 difficult when you had all the expansion packs and store items finding everything.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    bflury wrote: »

This is one feature I can sincerely admit is great. It was so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 difficult when you had all the expansion packs and store items finding everything.

Yeah, I took me HOURS trying to find everything being legally blind! I am so excited about search!

Plus the build/buy pictures of items are bigger
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    katwastakenkatwastaken Posts: 410 Member
    TREES ON FLOORS!! lol I dont know why but I love that. Totally making balconies with plants on them.
    Origin ID: katwastaken

tumblr_msxcldE8D71s596ako1_250.gif
  • Options
    I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    terrain paints on roofs! Gah! Best feature yet!
  • Options
    I_am_bean wrote: »
    terrain paints on roofs! Gah! Best feature yet!
    Was it terrain paints? I was trying to edit my list on the last page and I missed if it was terrain paints
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited August 2014
    Although its quite limited it turns out that you can create split level buildings in the Sims 4, and you can do so pretty easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOIuVFWh5DY&list=UU65SbK7DTllBxF7Uzinkgdg
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    Although its quite limited it turns out that you can create split level buildings in the Sims 4, and you can do so pretty easily.

Yes, I loved how easy this was. I'm now left wondering if CFE needs to come back? Is there something it does that hasn't been covered by other in-game functions in TS4, even workaround ones like the split level? I guess rounded walls is one (not curved walls, but the ones that look like upright circles--did that even make sense?).
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Oh, wow. I didn't realize some of these features were present until I read your list. Thank you OP and contributors! I'm sincerely grateful for this.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    These are a couple new features that I noticed:

-The exterior wallpaper corner details (brick, siding etc) automatically appear on the corners. No need to go through and add in those details manually!
    -The colors of flowers can be changed.
    -Lighting works with split level homes (lower levels no longer very dark). Also lights sit at the appropriate height on split levels.
    -Can move objects that sims are near/using.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Damienf519 wrote: »

Yes, I loved how easy this was. I'm now left wondering if CFE needs to come back? Is there something it does that hasn't been covered by other in-game functions in TS4, even workaround ones like the split level? I guess rounded walls is one (not curved walls, but the ones that look like upright circles--did that even make sense?).

The Constrain floor Elevation Cheat allowed you to change the height of walls in the Sims 4, and connect garages or other lower level rooms to foundations. It was necessary for split leveling in the Sims 3. It was hard to do, especially if you wanted it to look good. The one major advantage was that you could put doors on the lower level of a split level house. However, it was not the easiest thing to do and it suffered from odd lighting issues.
  • Options
    > @Damienf519 said:
    > ebuchala wrote: »
    >
    > Damienf519 wrote: »
    >
    > Although its quite limited it turns out that you can create split level buildings in the Sims 4, and you can do so pretty easily.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes, I loved how easy this was. I'm now left wondering if CFE needs to come back? Is there something it does that hasn't been covered by other in-game functions in TS4, even workaround ones like the split level? I guess rounded walls is one (not curved walls, but the ones that look like upright circles--did that even make sense?).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The Constrain floor Elevation Cheat allowed you to change the height of walls in the Sims 4, and connect garages or other lower level rooms to foundations. It was necessary for split leveling in the Sims 3. It was hard to do, especially if you wanted it to look good. The one major advantage was that you could put doors on the lower level of a split level house. However, it was not the easiest thing to do and it suffered from odd lighting issues.

I always broke my house using CFE ;_; Especially while trying to make landings for L-shaped staircases. Plus it made the walls all wonky too, so that some of the wallpaper was diagonal? Everything had to be painted with the same pattern because it looked really weird otherwise.
  • Options
    @Damienf519, @Davlan
    I didn't put that together about CFE. I never used it personally because it seemed like too much work and I wasn't playing Sims to work. :p So, it could still come in handy for people wanting to add doors and windows to the sunken area or lower level split. I wonder if it would work for letting you have a partial foundation--like you could put the house on a foundation and then add a garage on without the foundation? I've heard a couple of people say that CFE and some mods caused some routing issues in houses.
  • Options
    carrielouloucarrieloulou Posts: 145 Member
    I am having ALL THE ROOF GARDENS.
  • Options
    KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    Hi there ^_^,

I was looking at the list and noticed that you have "cross-breeding of frogs" written twice on it (it's in the second post of features that you have); just thought I'd let you know.

Cowplants have life cycles
    Cross-breeding of frogs
    Grim has a more in depth character now.
    Sims can use the rocketship to explore space and bring back stuff from outer space that they can't get on Simsearth
    Cross-breeding of frogs
    Grim has a more in depth character now.

I think when you put the link to where you found that info, you forgot to delete the old one.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • Options
    kreepsymusickreepsymusic Posts: 155 Member
    bflury wrote: »

Yeah, I took me HOURS trying to find everything being legally blind! I am so excited about search!

Plus the build/buy pictures of items are bigger

The search feature is awesome!!!
    And Giant Bowls of Fruit *faints*
    0442d95e-e74f-4e62-9590-10cc8681bb14_zpscab1eed4.jpg
    10945750_1527022374224874_7723481051081880925_n.jpg?oh=5a48d0796e5edf28ba6927ae38538893&oe=5551CE32
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Just yesterday I found a sims 4 blog through google, the guy had took a screenshot of every piece of furnature icon and posted them up. Among them, looked like closet objects from like sims 2 apartment life. The object was a shelf with boxes on it, under it, the rods with hanging clothing. So I am thinking we might be able to have actual closets in our sim homes!
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    the list is coming along nicely.
  • Options
    @Damienf519, @Davlan
    I didn't put that together about CFE. I never used it personally because it seemed like too much work and I wasn't playing Sims to work. :p So, it could still come in handy for people wanting to add doors and windows to the sunken area or lower level split. I wonder if it would work for letting you have a partial foundation--like you could put the house on a foundation and then add a garage on without the foundation? I've heard a couple of people say that CFE and some mods caused some routing issues in houses.

It did cause routing issues. I also got a number of "floating" triangle pieces in my homes that were really hard to get rid of. Also, I found that the longer you left CFE on, the more errors and bugs would happen. I do miss being able to make walkout basements though.
  • Options
    When Adopting in the Sims 4, you can choose from a list of pictures of children to adopt, like Puppies in the Sims 3...
    Which is funny to me for some reason!

Shown in this video here:
    http://youtu.be/yHwPKu_b4_U

At around 7:34
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options
    Davlan wrote: »
    @Damienf519, @Davlan

It did cause routing issues. I also got a number of "floating" triangle pieces in my homes that were really hard to get rid of. Also, I found that the longer you left CFE on, the more errors and bugs would happen. I do miss being able to make walkout basements though.

Interesting. Maybe they're trying to get most of the beneficial aspects of it into the actual game so they won't have to put the CFE cheat back in. Thanks for explaining it.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    Updated. Thanks everyone :D
  • Options
    Good Good! XD
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options
    NoahreddenNoahredden Posts: 1,076 Member
    Bump. I love this thread..
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    More pleasant surprises. I did not expect to have the magic eight ball in game, that's cool. I think we got that with Supernatural. Also loved the door heights, can make for some magnificent and modern/fancy buildings. I think before we just had double doors.

Love the adoption list. That's nice. That object size cheat can make for some neat houses and also Alice in Wonderland feel. That split level video and seeing all the things you can do, I think we can make some pretty awesome houses/buildings.

But why was my last post flagged though? It was on topic and not rude to anyone. :/
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    More pleasant surprises. I did not expect to have the magic eight ball in game, that's cool. I think we got that with Supernatural. Also loved the door heights, can make for some magnificent and modern/fancy buildings. I think before we just had double doors.

Love the adoption list. That's nice. That object size cheat can make for some neat houses and also Alice in Wonderland feel. That split level video and seeing all the things you can do, I think we can make some pretty awesome houses/buildings.

But why was my last post flagged though? It was on topic and not rude to anyone. :/

People are flag happy on this forum. Just ignore it :p