Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Hey all haven't left, will be back tomorrow kind of bummed today. Nothing serious just blah.
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Andrea and Blair went to a party
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited August 2014
    @Maya: Um...are you using tab and then the q, e, w a s d x and z keys? If you use tab, and then move with the other keys, you don't move as fast as if you move without tab... but certain items are in the way...and if you get it off tilted it can look fisheye lens like...but that's what I'd do... if you are...then I am not much help...but I would be if I knew more lol. :D

Well, you know, there are just some times when having static needs is probably pretty handy. :D And you play with a lot of sims lol. I'm sure Garnet loved his three day fishing trip lol. :D

@AiaHaou: Ouch, good thing you did! :D

@GrayLady: Lol- oh dear! :D

@MsBeckycat: Oh, striped shirt guy is talking politics with Andrea, which is understandable, her being in the career track and all...and she's talking about the new house...the cat's amused! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @Colorist: Hey, I hope your day gets better...who wants blahs? :D

2vt5sf4.jpg

Happy green baby! :D

Oh, and if you happen to be around, you might consider using some lively music to cheer up. :D

Here, have a fun Russian one. :D

(Music usually adds some tang to my days when I'm having blahs)

Edit: Oops, this isn't facebook lol, I probably shouldn't be putting youtube links in.
    Post edited by Zabeth0 on
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Hi everybody. I'm just relaxing for awhile before going into the game. I had fun at my parent's friends anniversary party. May try to get an update later.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited August 2014
    @Zabeth0, Not really since it's fun to switch around main characters to see what they are doing. Kinda like doing w/ the sims except the whole relationship w/ each characters. Hahaha, I would tend to shift focus on both around the occasion that I'm able to return to Sims 3 game w/o problems unless these d*amn mobile gaming gets in the way. I see you got your sims w/ the supernatural touch including the broom. :)
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @TadOlson I got indoor planters with the greenhouse set. I'm not there yet with posting, but the Morgans do have a greenhouse now. Jason planted everything near the end of fall, so it was winter when he harvested. I had him dispose of some of those plants, to plant the higher quality ones he'd harvested in their place, and those all went dormant. Since your sims are successful at gardening in the house, I brought them all into the house, and they all revived. Then I put them back into the greenhouse the next day, and they're doing fine.

OK, I won't hold my breath waiting to see the Jankowskys' first child. LOL! I can be patient.

I see they are still sleeping in sleeping bags. I guess they're going to have to wait until they can afford a double bed before they can try for a baby anyway. No, wait, they have a shower! Not a problem after all. I was going to ask what that red square in the yard was, with the object above it, then I realized, it's four walls with a burglar alarm on one side and a smoke detector on the other. Did your sims get those training dummies in China, or did you use buydebug to get them for them?

@ddsims3world Thanks for stopping by and letting us know you haven't forgotten us.

@MayaRose1138 I don't play supernaturals, don't even have the EP, so I don't know what fairies can do. Zabeth told me the witches in the game can't turn people into bugs, but in her stories they can. So I guess if you wanted to do that to him, you'd have to get Zabeth to send Zelda over to help your family out. LOL!

I know, I started piano lessons way earlier than my sim kids can. Even band in school starts in elementary school, in 5th grade, around 10 years of age. I wonder if there's a mod that will allow children to play an instrument. I think it's because of their size that EA didn't make it possible. It probably was too hard to do the interactions with children, and make it look right. They could have made smaller guitars for the children. They have smaller bicycles for them.

Are you going to play anybody in the second generation, once you're finished with the alphabet? If you do, I vote for Ivory.

To get a picture of a room, if it has outside walls, put the walls on cutaway. The outside walls will stay up. If it's in the middle of the house, change your camera angle so that you're looking down on it more, and take however many pictures of it you need, to show it all. A picture with all the walls down can still show the furniture and the layout OK, so a combination of shots using both ways might be the best way to go.

@bishty Are you giving Robby free will, and he autonomously throws the fire spells at his wife? If so, did he do the love spell autonomously too, or did you make him? I think I'd be keeping a closer eye on him!

Gerard is a very attractive young man.

Are you packing to go off to school?

@Aaeiyn I've liked your post, so you can gets some more points. You have to have 50 to be a member, instead of a new member.

@Zabeth0 The only vampire info I ever got in my life was from the Dark Shadows soap opera, and a little bit from the Dracula book, which I didn't actually read. I just picked it up once and looked through it, reading little snippets here and there. So, you can pretend whatever you want in your game, it's all fictional anyway. I pretend things with my games too. I'm sure you've come across things in my updates that you know couldn't have actually happened in my games.

Yeah, I like this game a lot too, and put up with a lot because of it. There's no other game out there that even comes close to the Sims games. Jason made another cow toy for the kids, and this time I put it into the toy box myself, and it didn't disappear. The greenhouse is working mostly OK. The plants Jason planted near the end of fall haven't gone dormant, but when he got his first harvest, during winter, he disposed of some of those plants and planted the higher quality ones he'd harvested from them. Those new ones all went dormant immediately. But, since TadOlson has no problems with gardening indoors, I put them in the house, and they recovered. The next day, I put them back in the greenhouse, and they've been fine ever since.

If I were the Veers, I'd move away. Far away. Maybe even make a permanent move to another time, if that is possible.

Cute Russian music video! Do you know what they were singing?

@AiHaou I'm glad you didn't lose your house. I've lost some myself. But usually when I start over, by then I already know what I want to do with it, so it takes less time, and sometimes turns out better.

@GrayLady2010 Welcome to this discussion. Did someone wet themselves? I can't really tell from the picture, except that everyone seems to be looking at and thinking about the same sim.

@GBA91101Nver4get OK, I wondered. I play my sims on low free will, but I let their wishes determine how I play them. Not that they get to do everything they wish to, but as much as possible without allowing them to violate my own moral standards, or stray too far from my purpose in playing them in the first place.

@Puddinroy Hi
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    thinking of doing a second story about a performing family but need to research the all performing careers
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    ddsims3world-Hi there!I might get TS4 though I'll still be playing TS3 for a long time.
    MayaRose1138-I've had games get laggy or freeze when my hard drive gets too full,the fan quit on my computer and with the hard drive needing defragnemting.I even had it happen once when I failed to delete my old Mods as I was updating them for the new 163 patch by mistake.
    bishty-That household looks like fun.I hope to hear more about them again.Great pictures!
    Aaeiyn-Hi there!I'm glad you found us and can at least comment.
    Zabeth0-Thanks for the comment.Great pictures!That misic video was a great idea!
    GrayLady2010-Hi there and welcome.Great picture!
    Colorist40-Hi there!
    msbeckycat-Great update!
    IreneSwift-I used buydebug to get them and pretended they were gifts from Chinese tourists.I decided to just have them start to prepare for the first child and they'll have to stop most of the gardening to find better ways to earn more money.
    I didn't get to play my game though I'll be working on my blog stories.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @Puddingroy: Lol-fun! :D

@ddsims: Lol, yeah, I like supernaturals, so I was laughing when I saw Nicolae's boss was a witch, and then, when I was checking that and he was going home, I looked up and there she was getting on her broom... :D

@IreneSwift: Oh, so that's how you do that! :D Score. :D I might have to try it again sometime. :D They are probably going to have to move, but Jake's trying not to if he doesn't have to...he has a lot of friends in town, and he's worried about the balance of power (if he leaves, the good witches will be outmatched by the remaining evil witches...but if he gets killed here, that's even worse...unless his magic goes to a good witch that is of age) So, he's trying really hard to not be forced out...but people can only spin so many plates. Stepping out of time, though, into another one, and coming back in a few hours... that's not a bad plan...except that they can't move to a time permanently with his time machine. It returns the traveler when it's time window is up- that can range from an hour to a few years. :D But Emit's time machine is built by a time that is much better at time traveling. It is also not built of blown up furniture. :D

It's basically a party song about non stop music- it might as well be the monster mash. I'm sure you recognize some of the words (Discoteca is a dance place, like a club, I'm sure you recognize the disco ball lol) Musica is music lol. Russian, like English is a language that took in words from other languages along the way, that means there are a lot of cognates. :D Have you ever heard an English song that uses another language's lyrics here and there? (Mi Amor or some other phrase, for example?), they do that too. Some of these lyrics such as 'non stop' and 'upgrade' are in English. :D But it's much more fun when you don't know what the lyrics mean. Haven't you ever heard a song that has a great sound...but you wish the lyrics weren't so stupid? Yeah, this is like that. As long as you don't know what they are saying, it sounds pretty awesome. :D But basically, I say Russian, but it's mostly Romanian, and it's sung (in this version) by a Russian pop star (he's from Bulgaria) with a great voice and a knack for fun videos...but the songs are usually not high brow stuff lol. Wow, this makes it sound like I know more than I do...for the record, I got C's in my Russian courses.

Here's one with very few lyrics and I can't figure them out...but it's a fun song with wild dancing...really upbeat though. Looks like it's from an old musical. If I were trying to cheer you up, I'd have used this one (because you like classical music, and this has a more instrumental focus).

Edit: Sorry about that, I forgot we couldn't share youtube links.
  • Options
    I thought I'd start my update with a couple of pictures that aren't really important to the story, but I think they're cute. My sim kids all get teddy bears in their personal inventory when they're born. For most of the time I've been playing the Sims 3, I've had only one choice of teddy bear for them, but now I have several choices. So the Morgan children have different teddy bears than my kids have had before.

Benjamin has a panda bear.

1benjaminsandhispandadoll.jpg

Crystal has a snow bear.

2crystalandhersnowbear.jpg

Justice had plans for this particular day, but her plans got sidetracked. Jason was the culprit in this plumbing disaster.

3justicesplansforthedayruined.jpg

The garden had gone dormant again, after that one additional harvest. As temperatures warmed, the plants seemed to have revived again. But as always happens in my games in this situation, while the plants said “harvest” there was no produce showing, and the option to harvest them was unavailable. As usual, debug enabler also did nothing to change that. So, it was time for Jason to clean up the garden, and dispose of the spent plants. Certainly, I could have cheated and placed already grown plants from the buydebug menu, but I wasn't planning on keeping this garden through the winter anway.

4disposingofthegarden.jpg

When Jason returned to the house after finishing the garden, he cleaned up and began working at his inventing workbench. The two toddlers happily played together in the playpen in the room with him.

5toddlersplayingtogether.jpg

Unfortunately, it seems that they will only continue any actions I give them while in the playpen for about 5 sim minutes. So to keep them occupied in there, I have to stay with them and constantly give them new actions. I couldn't even get them to play with their teddy bears while they were in there, which is something I often do to keep toddlers occupied while I'm busy directing their parents' actions. So while I do expect to make use of the playpen now and then, it won't be as often as I would have liked. So long as their parents are busy with anything that will keep them for some time, it is a good way to get the toddlers to actually have a relationship with each other.

Once Justice finished the household chores she needed to accomplish for this day, she began teaching Crystal to talk.

6familytogethernesseveninworkandtraining.jpg

Jason managed to invent another contraption. He still hadn't made anything to sell.

7anothernewinvention.jpg

Since Jason didn't want to make his living inventing, the garden was disposed of, and the finances of the Morgan family were more secure, it was time for that greenhouse Jason wanted.

8themorgansgreenhouse.jpg

Here is the interior as I first made it. I did make a couple of changes, once Jason went inside to start planting. He didn't like the cobblestone terrain paint, or the fact that the walls, which aren't even slightly visible weren't painted, and I found that the trees can't be planted under the planting stations. So I did put in some flooring, added wall covering that nobody is ever going to see, and removed the 6 planters that were intended for the fruit trees.

9greenhouseinterior.jpg

The next morning, after chores were done, Justice resumed teaching Crystal to talk.

10moretoddlertraining.jpg

Jason went outside to plant his new garden in the greenhouse.

12planting.jpg

He clearly loves his new greenhouse. While he was out there, he kept stopping between planting that was already in his queue, to look around and act excited.

11excitedabouthisgreenhouse.jpg

Within a very short time after Jason planted in the greenhouse, the plants were already growing. Here you can also see the new flooring and arrangement of the pots.

13plantsgrowingalready.jpg

Finished with the toddler training session, Justice sat down in front of the fireplace to learn another recipe, the last one she had that she could learn at this point, stuffed turkey. She does have the baked angel food cake recipe, but will have to wait to learn that one until she's mastered cooking.

14learninganotherrecipe.jpg

Benjamin and Crystal played nearby. I try to get her to sit near them to do her reading, but she always moves to one of the seats in front of the fireplace. Maybe I should just move the toy box and xylophone.

15benjaminplayingnearmommy.jpg

16crystalplaysinthetoybox.jpg

Justice was stir crazy, and would have liked to get out of the house, but with Jason outside planting, she couldn't leave the children. Then he needed more scrap, so there was no hope of her getting away this day.

17jasonneedsscrap.jpg

The Morgans bought a rocking chair. Justice loves rocking the children as much as they love being rocked.

18rockingbenjamin.jpg

20rockingcrystal.jpg

While Justice rocked Crystal, Benjamin played with the xylophone. It looks like he's returned to playing it the normal way.

19benjaminplayswiththexylophone.jpg
  • Options
    @msbeckycat I have had Showtime for a long time, but have never yet had any sims in entertainment careers. I did have one second generation sim that I planned to be a singer, Justice's daughter with Barry Tenderlove, in her original game. I moved them to Starlight Shores when Justice aged up to elder and retired, and the daughter aged up to YA, but I needed to take a break to decide how I was going to play their lives after such major changes, and haven't returned to them again yet.

@TadOlson Do you not have your sims garden when they have children? It can be difficult to fit in tending to the children and gardening too, but I usually just reduce my gardens during that time, rather than get rid of them altogether. If they've been gardening long enough, their produce is of higher quality, and brings in a lot more money than at first. If they've planted life fruit and gotten it to perfect, those will bring in $100 each, and garlic is the most prolific plant, of the base game ones, and goes for a pretty decent price also. A few life plants and 2 or 3 garlic plants can bring in quite a bit, once the quality is up to perfect.

I always have my gardeners plant another of each kind of plant, just as soon as they harvest a better quality fruit or vegetable. If I need to keep their garden small, I have them dispose of the parent plant and replace it. If they can manage a larger garden, I'll have them plant a second plant which will almost always be ready for harvest once the first plant goes barren. This also helps them perfect their produce much more quickly than waiting for a plant to go barren before planting a replacement.

@Zabeth0 Does it go against the good witches' standards to kill of the evil witches? Leaving them to harm others is a worse evil, in my opinion, like letting a mass murderer remain free to continue killing. Maybe they need to move to Emit's world. Can they stay there permanently?

Yes, I did recognize some of those words – disco and music, and I caught a few others I don't remember. Yes, English is loaded with words from other languages. But most of those other languages have words borrowed from us too. I love listening to other languages, especially French, which I actually did learn long ago and have studied again more recently, Italian, and German, and seeing how much of it I can understand. Quite a bit sometimes. I could tell it was not something serious, but I like silly songs too, and would probably find it fun to know what he was actually singing. You might be surprised at some of the silly songs I sing sometimes as I'm going about my housework, when I'm remembering long ago times that they're associated with. Have you ever heard “the Ants Go Marching” or “99 bottles of beer on the wall”? We used to sing songs like that on the bus going to band contests at distant places. We also sang lots of silly songs at summer camp, like "the Cannibal King." Good times! I also used to love Homer & Jethro, (We're the boys from Camp Kookamunga, our mothers sent us here fer to study nature's ways...) and Ray Stevens' songs.

I just looked up “the ants go marching” to see if it's online anywhere. The version we sang wasn't the same as the ones online. I like ours better.

That one was good too, but I actually liked the one you posted for Colorist better.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    Irene: great pictures, your sims greenhouse is lovely

I'll do another update probably tomorrow, I just haven't felt like playing much lately.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited August 2014
    Zabeth0 wrote: »
    @Maya: Um...are you using tab and then the q, e, w a s d x and z keys? If you use tab, and then move with the other keys, you don't move as fast as if you move without tab... but certain items are in the way...and if you get it off tilted it can look fisheye lens like...but that's what I'd do... if you are...then I am not much help...but I would be if I knew more lol. :D

Well, you know, there are just some times when having static needs is probably pretty handy. :D And you play with a lot of sims lol. I'm sure Garnet loved his three day fishing trip lol. :D

Yes, I was using those keys (well, most of them. I don't think I was using the x or z ones). I think I'll just have to keep experimenting with angles and such. But thank you for the suggestions :)

Oh yes, when I have 16 in a household, it is very helpful not to have to worry about toilets, baths, eating or sleeping :) There have been a couple of times when I've been busy with other members of the family and then remembered, 'oops, I left so-and-so exercising/fishing/working on the computer for a couple of days' :) Garnet did love his fishing trip - apart from his sons visiting occasionally, it was very quiet :)
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 I don't play supernaturals, don't even have the EP, so I don't know what fairies can do. Zabeth told me the witches in the game can't turn people into bugs, but in her stories they can. So I guess if you wanted to do that to him, you'd have to get Zabeth to send Zelda over to help your family out. LOL!

I know, I started piano lessons way earlier than my sim kids can. Even band in school starts in elementary school, in 5th grade, around 10 years of age. I wonder if there's a mod that will allow children to play an instrument. I think it's because of their size that EA didn't make it possible. It probably was too hard to do the interactions with children, and make it look right. They could have made smaller guitars for the children. They have smaller bicycles for them.

Are you going to play anybody in the second generation, once you're finished with the alphabet? If you do, I vote for Ivory.

To get a picture of a room, if it has outside walls, put the walls on cutaway. The outside walls will stay up. If it's in the middle of the house, change your camera angle so that you're looking down on it more, and take however many pictures of it you need, to show it all. A picture with all the walls down can still show the furniture and the layout OK, so a combination of shots using both ways might be the best way to go.

I don't know what fairies can do either - I haven't explored that too much yet :) But yes, Zelda might come in very handy :)

Yes, EA should have made smaller instruments for the kids, or at least allowed them to use the keyboard and just have a higher seat for it. When I was looking around for medieval instruments, I did see that someone created a small harp for children to use in sims 2, so it can be done.

I've been thinking about whether to do a second generation or not. Ivory would be my choice at the moment too and she would interesting because given her traits, she is going to be inappropriate and irresistible :) (But not insane - that's probably not a good trait to start off a challenge with unless it specifically required that!). I don't know whether I'll go for another challenge with her or just play her normally yet. I still have a while to decide :)

I usually have the walls on cutaway but wanted to show the whole room. I think I might have to try it with the cutaway walls though, especially if the outside wall can be seen. Thank you :)
    I thought I'd start my update with a couple of pictures that aren't really important to the story, but I think they're cute. My sim kids all get teddy bears in their personal inventory when they're born. For most of the time I've been playing the Sims 3, I've had only one choice of teddy bear for them, but now I have several choices. So the Morgan children have different teddy bears than my kids have had before.

Benjamin has a panda bear.

1benjaminsandhispandadoll.jpg

I use that snowbear quite a bit, especially in the Alphabet household where I don't want them to play with their IFs. But where is the panda from? That's my favourite animal and would love some of my sims to have one. Don't tell me it's in an EP pack that I have and I just haven't discovered it yet!!
    TadOlson wrote: »
    MayaRose1138-I've had games get laggy or freeze when my hard drive gets too full,the fan quit on my computer and with the hard drive needing defragnemting.I even had it happen once when I failed to delete my old Mods as I was updating them for the new 163 patch by mistake.

My drive is only half full (and that surprises me because I didn't think I had *that* much stuff on my computer :) ) The hard drive probably needs defragging though :) Or maybe it just decided that it was going to be difficult!
  • Options
    2ltlpwn.jpg

Zelda: "You know, I don't think I've ever cooked for anyone other than myself before...yeah, I really haven't. What do you want, though?"

Rafael: He paused. He knew what he wanted. He'd been craving buckwheat pancakes...and while the whole grain ones weren't bad, they just really weren't buckwheat pancakes...of course, the idea that she'd have buckwheat handy was silly, he was in a Simerican household. She probably just had plain white flour, which he'd been told was originally wheat before all the processing, but to him it just tasted like nothing, like they were eating paste....but of course, he could eat paste for her, and pretend to like it to not hurt her feelings. Stupid culture shock, making him want comfort food.

Zelda: She must have seen the look on his face. "What is it? You don't think I can do it? Just tell me."

Rafael: "I vant buckvheat pyancycakes, but you probyably don't haf buckvheat in yourr pyantrry."

Zelda: She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I can totally use my magic to turn a human into an insect, but changing one grain into another is totally beyond my power!" She laughed.

syme8i.jpg

Zelda: "So, tell me about your enemy, what's his name...Constantine?"

Rafael: "Konstantin Petrovich Ovechkin." He corrected.

Zelda: She waved her hand over the food, and green energy glitters settled among the wheat...they solidified into buckwheat, she looked at his face, then smiled and got back to work on the ingredients. "Why do you Russian guys have so many names...wait, you have a normal-ish name, why's he got three?"

Rafael: He sighed, it was 'normal' to him to have a patronymic but he'd purposefully left it out, both because he hated his father so much for what he'd done and because of how that made paperwork hard to track him down. But of course his first name was not Russian, and that had caused him a bit of grief when he was younger, and had proved useful here. "Vell, ve have three common names. Probably a quick lesson vould help. In the old dyays, vhen there vere pyeasants across zhe land, they couldn't move vithout the lords permission, they verre serrfs. Eurrope had serrfs, it vas how things verrre done byack then. Anyvay, so lyast names didn't do much good, because vhen many people haf the same last name, you need a vay to tell them apyart, right?

Zelda: "Right...so you guys got two last names?"

Rafael: "No, therre is only vone last name, and it is zhe famyily name, in his case, Ovechkin is his famyily name. But I dyidn't know his fathyer, yet I can tyell you his fathyer's name was Pyotr because his patronomic is Petrovich, vhich myeans, son of Pyotr. If he has a sister, her patronomic vill be Petrovna, meanink daughtyer of Pyotr, therreforre, if I found his home town, and found a voman nyamed Ana Petrovna Ovechkin, I vould vonderr if they verre brothyer and sistyer or if this town had morre than vone Pyotr Ovechkin."

Zelda: "But you just said there were lots of people with the same last name, and those are common first names, right, so there very well might be, right?"

Rafael: "Ve arrren't syerfs anymorrre, syince the 1917 rrevolution. Pyeople moved arround, famyilies moved, settled diffyerent places aftyer the vars, and verre syent to diffyerent places to vorrk. So, not common anymorre, but the nyames are styill importyant."

Zelda: "Why?"

142zono.jpg

Rafael: "Vell, vhen you vant to be polite, here, you call people Mr. or Mrs. Vhatevyer their lyast nyame is, right?"

Zelda: "Yeah...Mr. or Misses Smith, for example."

Rafael: "And vhat does that actually mean? Is it likely that Mr. Smith actually runs a smithy?"

Zelda: "No. It's just a last name."

Rafael: "Vell, that's something differyent, you see, vhen you call someone somethink polite in Russia, you don't use the family name at all, you call them by their first name, and their patronomic...so for example, Konstantin Petrovich. So, the patronomic is more important than the last name, evyen in day to day business..."

2rrbhug.jpg

Zelda: "And you haven't been giving out your patronomic because you're in hiding." She guessed.

Rafael: Close enough. "Corryect."

• Options
    edited August 2014
    @IreneSwift: They are adorable. :D I'm glad you were able to get some choices of teddybear without having to buy Supernatural for it's bear selection. :D I love having stuffed animals for my toddlers to sleep with so they get the extra moodlet from sleeping with the bear...also having a handy toy is nice...though one of these days I'm going to use an imaginary friend instead of taking great pains to either never open the mailbox again once a kid gets an IF in the mail or deleting it (I don't even remember how I did that last time)...but anyway, the bears are fun. :D Also toddlers don't get a lot of bonuses...it's one of the reasons I have laundry machines in most of my games...because that clean laundry moodlet really helps on top of the cuddle time one. :D Well, I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose! :D Yeah, why continue growing it if it's just going to not have anything to harvest? But I'm glad it waited until you were about to trash it anyway :D

I usually use the play pen to make toddlers interact together if I happen to have more than one toddler (really that's kinda rare for me), and if not, to use the mirror so they can build up charisma. :D Now that's him showing he's happy! Yeah, gardening is more his thing... but isn't she the one with handiness skill? She would probably have an easier time of inventing than him. :D But of course, where would she find the time lol. :D I'm glad she loves the rocking chairs...I think they are really cool. :D

Well, mostly the witches main defense and offense is secrecy and misinformation- there are at least some witches that have framed Jake as a horrifyingly evil Witch, and some young and impulsive good witches have tried to kill him. They found out he wasn't evil when he didn't punish them for their attempts (evil witches generally don't have mercy). He's not sure who is spreading the rumors that he's evil, but it's not an uncommon tactic. Being that it is, most experienced witches are cautious about trying to kill others- they might just be doing an evil witch a favor. But Jake knows a lot of good witches that he's met over time- his knowing so many people in town is actually a clever way to keep track of evil witches- because if any of the evil witches tampers with one of the people he knows, he'll know who did it- and since he knows the person, be able to put them back together again...in most cases. So far, just the fact that Jake's good friends with so many humans has kept those people from being tampered with directly. Well, yes, they could settle there, that's one of the options. :D Though Jake hasn't thought of it yet, because he's not even used that form of time travel yet, and doesn't know it's so much more stable than his invention is. Emit went on a slight detour through Jake's time and has been gone for months. :D (Absent minded trait). :D

Well, keep in mind, these aren't exact lyrics (remember, C in Russian), and I could definitely be misunderstanding them (our language is not the only one with figures of speech!):

Edit: ooops, not facebook, badly translated lyrics removed.

Personally, I really like it (I've listened to it like a hundred times lol), but I don't think everyone will. :D What with monsters fighting on the dance floor lol...like I said, might as well be the monster mash. :D But it's a fun song. :D
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    What the heck? How are you alive?
    2whk0zn.jpg

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    AiHaou wrote: »
    What the heck? How are you alive?
    2whk0zn.jpg

Is your sim in lava? Did she fall in a volcano or something?
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    For those in this topic who use the relativity mod can anyone give me some advice. I have been trying to adjust the speed to make time flow more realistically (my base test is a sim taking between 20-30 minutes for a shower when in the red on hygiene) but no matter what I set it to it doesn't seem to change anything. I can see the time flow differently as in it takes longer for a minute to pass but at 15, 18, 25, and 30 speed it always takes the same amount of time for the sim to shower (approximately 45 minutes).

Am I doing something wrong? I thought this mod was supposed to speed up or slow time while leaving the interactions the same.
  • Options
    Jason took night duty that night, since Justice was more sleep deprived than he was. How he loves this beautiful little girl!

1nightduty.jpg

But that didn't completely spare Justice from getting up in the night. Only a couple of hours after Jason took care of all her other needs, Crystal messed her diaper, and boy, did she raise Cain! It was enough to raise the dead, but it didn't wake Jason.

2momsturn.jpg

Despite the freezing temperatures overnight, it appears that the garden has recovered. It looks like there will be at least one more harvest.

3recoveredgarden.jpg

It seems the Morgans are finally becoming somewhat adjusted to parenthood. They both woke up earlier than they had been waking since Benjamin's birth, and feeling well rested besides.

4goodmorningromance.jpg

They worked together getting the little ones up and ready for the day.

5gettingthechildrenup.jpg

By now, all of the herbs Jason had planted have died off, and several of the other plants as well.

6gardendyingoff.jpg

Much of the food Justice had prepared ahead was gone now, so after breakfast, as Justice had a little free time, she made some dim sum for later.

7makingdimsum.jpg

Finished with the garden, Jason showered then went to his workbench, both children nearby.

9inventingwiththekidsnearby.jpg

Now that Jason was back inside, Justice went to the bookstore. The money left over from their inheritances, along with the money they had received from their partnership in the hospital made Justice feel that they could now afford for her to buy some of the most advanced recipes, which were quite expensive. With Jason in agreement, she purchased all of the available recipes that she had not yet learned, except for the vegetarian versions of several she already had learned or was buying on this trip. She might go ahead and learn them later, but for now, it was costing enough just for the books she had already selected.

8visittothebookstore.jpg

Returning home, Justice studied a recipe in the living room, leaving the children in the room with their father, knowing that he liked having them near every bit as much as she did.

10learninganewrecipe.jpg

Unfortunately, Jason had another accident, a more serious one this time! The possibility of this kind of accident was the main reason they had installed a shower in the downstairs bathroom when they bought the house, and Jason made good use of it, just as quickly as he could! In spite of the accident, after he showered, he made a trip to town hall to register as a self-employed inventor.

11inventingaccident.jpg

That night, it was again Jason that got up to take care of Crystal's needs. It wasn't because Justice needed her sleep more this time, but because she had had more interactive time with Crystal during the day, and Jason wanted to build a strong relationship with his children too.

13nightdutywithcrystal.jpg

In the morning, it was Justice who woke first this time. Since Benjamin was also awake, she took him downstairs with her, to play while she prepared breakfast.

14gettngbenjaminup.jpg

When Jason woke up, he took care of Crystal's morning needs, and brought her downstairs to join the rest of the family in the dining room. Then he and Justice had a little bit of romantic time together.

15morningromance.jpg

Jason was excited that Justice had finally learned to prepare his favorite meal, French toast!

16frenchtoastforbreakfast.jpg

Both of the parents had seriously neglected their own fitness since Benjamin had been born, so with the garden now completely killed by the frost, and nothing else demanding their attention, they decided to do their best to get back into the routine, this time with an audience of two tiny tots.

17workingoutagain.jpg

Justice finished and headed for the shower, while Jason stayed behind with the children, and had a little snuggle time with each of them.

18playingwithBenjamin.jpg

Then he got to work at his inventing workbench, while Justice took care of household chores.

19busy.jpg

Soon, Jason had put the finishing touches on a toy cow.

20newtoyinvented.jpg

Jason gave the toy to Benjamin, who was totally entranced by this new toy, that mooed whenever he moved it!

21benjaminlovesthetoycow.jpg

This looked like a promising project to bring in some money, but Jason wasn't sure, considering the value of the scrap required to make it, if it was a very good use of his time and skill to invest it in such a low-priced toy. Maybe he could improve upon it later and get more for his efforts.

In the meantime, he continued working on other ideas he had.

22workingonthenextinvention.jpg

And then he had another accident. At this point, Jason wanted to sell his workbench. He even considered detonating it, he was that tired of this nonsense!

23yetanotheraccident.jpg

Instead, after he showered, he got back to work, and soon finished another invention, an air bender. This one looked a bit more promising as a money maker than the toy cow.

25airbenderinvention.jpg

That night, Justice got up from the dinner table after eating only about one bite of her dinner. It was Crystal's turn to age up into a toddler.

26crystalsbirthday.jpg

27crystalmorganasatoddler.jpg

Once again, Jason took the first turn at potty training, while Justice finished her dinner and put Benjamin to bed.

28pottytrainingcrystal.jpg

At about this point, he was wishing to quit his job. I don't think Jason likes inventing very much. I guess I didn't actually expect him to. Since he loves the outdoors, something to do outdoors would be much more to his liking. Like gardening. He never wished to quit that. He wished for promotions instead. I guess I'd better get busy and get him a greenhouse made, so he can start gardening again.

When Crystal was finished, he took her upstairs and put her to bed, then hurried on to his own bedroom, where Justice was waiting patiently for him.

29puttingcrystaltobed.jpg

Well if Crystal's screaming didn't wake Jason, then if it was enough to raise the dead and it didn't wake him, it is safe to assume that he isn't dead ha ha ha.

Ah looks like indian summer has hit in your game. Sigh unfortunately it isn't far away now. I can't believe fall is right around the corner in rl.

What I want to know, is how can he be facing the bench working on an invention and set his behind on fire? lol

I was going to say I know Jason likes having the kiddos near him as much as Justice, but should they be near him while he is doing such a dangerous thing?

Who am I to complain when the father gets up late at night and lets the woman sleep? lol It is just I was thinking while it is nice he did that, there are other times and ways to still bond with them and get your sleep as well ha ha ha.

It sure is nice to see those two still having the flame for each other with two kids. So sad they are going to add to the family (I know, I know you already made that clear) lol

I always thought French Toast should be something you really don't need to learn. I mean eggs, water mix, dip bread and fry how hard is that? lol It is nice Jason can now enjoy it. He should learn it himself so he can have it whenever Justice isn't around.

Glad she was able to splurge on some more expensive recipe books.

There are other ways to get exercise besides work out "wink" "wink" lol

I love those toy cows. Of course my favorite stuffed animal in rl is a floppy cow I named Elsie. She is my fav. although I have other cow stuffed animals as well. Strange I hate cows in rl as there is nothing to appeal to me as far as I can see, but I love the stuffed ones a lot lol.

I bet Benjamin was thrilled with the new toy and better yet daddy made it. How cute it moos as well. I bet Benjamin laughs at that.

Poor Jason wanting to get out of the inventing business. I don't blame him, but I appreciate he wants to keep going just for his family's sake. Now that is a good man. Burn your pants off numerous times and still keep going lol.

Yeah sim controller get that green house made. Don't make poor dear Jason suffer anymore lol.

Crystal sure is a doll. She is going to have the men coming for her at an early age. Dad will have to beat them off with a stick, or a gun? lol
  • Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    Here's my update from Gibsons and the Jankowskys.
    Eli and Ami jankowsky were both up early and Eli got to work on the garden though it started raining.
    14817190518_d056e22c38.jpg
    They both ended up studying athletic skill on their iPads after Eli was done with tending the garden.
    15003429152_8da7fe4206.jpg
    It started raining very hard and they got a thunderstorm outside with a heavy downpour while Ami got ready to sell some produce at the store and Eli was still working on her athletic skill.
    14817286757_835d278cbe.jpg
    Ami got back home and got to play a social game on his iPad while Eli went to the store to sell her produce.
    14817290747_998ca3ac11.jpg
    They got another section of wall built for the new bedroom after she got back from the store.
    15003817825_1f1ef63c92.jpg

Nice to see a play update. I have missed the Jankowskys. Poor Ami had to go out in the rain. Good they are getting their house slowly but surely done. I couldn't tell by the pic, but I hope Eli avoided the rain when she went to sell.

• Options
    bishty wrote: »
    TadOlson Thanks for the tip :D

MayaRose1138 Grats to Charity :P I've never gotten a sim to level 9 of the science skill. I think my highest is at 5 or 6 :P I don't know if it's just me being impatient but it seems to level much more slowly than all the other skills and to me it's not that useful. Plantsim twins would be cool especially since they're so easy to look after they wouldn't be any extra work :P

This is laundry as you've never experienced it before
    9ps1Q0t.png
    This is breakfast as you've never experienced it before :P
    giLcJOR.png
    This is fish feeding as you have experienced it before :D
    yNSrW6X.png
    ...except for the gravestone at the bottom of the bowl :O
    This is... something
    u5MsuCw.png
    So that she would forgive him for his many mistakes over the past week, Robby cast a love charm on his hard-working wife :P
    pjhwaPx.png
    It worked though, as Hamlet's treehouse bore witness to
    Df7KxmZ.png
    I'm pretty sure this is somewhere close to illegal though...
    YCu4YHZ.png
    Robby doesn't appear to have learnt anything :S
    J2Aqjcu.png
    "Where could Simeon possibly be hiding?" :P
    H7eZkF1.png
    Poor Hamlet has to try and play on his own
    6oObFxf.png
    That night was Diane's turn to go out and have a drink
    hVkVTW2.png
    She continued the fun by giving a Rorschach test to Lorna
    IsS6z27.png

Lol that is how I feel, I hope not look like lol, when I have laundry to do. I go to the Laundromat I guess that is part of the reason. We have machines in our apt. building, but we only have one washer, one dryer, and for the price and size, it is more cost effective for us to go to a Laundromat.

Well I can honestly say I have felt like eating my food as in wolfing it down, but never in practice have I done it, and I certainly wouldn't do it like that lol.

Wow who got relegated to a fishbowl? lol I have never seen that before good catch for the camera? Looks like fish get gravestones as well? Did a fish die?

Good plan upset the wife cast on her a spell lol. Robby, Robby. Why not just try not to make so many mistakes instead? lol

Well the treehouse and the paparazzi both saw some action ha ha ha.

What spell is he trying to throw on his wife now? lol

Hamlet I can tell you from experience using the teeter totter needs two people lol.

Glad Diane got out for a change.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Next Alphabet update :) Firstly, we'll deal with what happened next with Suas, the alien.

She took Echo off for a ride around town, which ended up annoying because I wanted Easter to enter a racing competition and I can't do that unless Easter is actually on the horse. So I sent Echo home but Suas wouldn't get off her. So I made Echo buck Suas off :) She ended up inside the car!
    screenshot_original.jpg

Suas didn't want to go home, so she went upstairs and got the sketchbook to do some drawing.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Finally, she went home but she was back again the next day. In her bathers. Um, what?
    screenshot_original.jpg

And then decided to do some dumpster diving.
    screenshot_original.jpg

I have no idea why Suas is doing all this but it's getting very, very creepy...

Onto the regular household :) This was Blossom's reaction to Easter starting to learn the electric keyboard:
    screenshot_original.jpg

And here is Easter:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Around noon, Easter stopped doing that and entered her first race with Echo (after getting the horse back from Suas). She was originally coming last but I instructed her to go for broke and they ended up winning!!! Now I know what to do, I should be able to get Easter to a few more competitions before she ages up.

I forgot 🐸🐸🐸🐸 still had to read to Nessa, so I set them going on that while the other toddlers got a start on the remaining books.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Then it was time for some birthdays. I saved the twins but I forgot to save after the triplets, so I've got to do that again.

Here is Hawk:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    He seems to have inherited a nice physique from his father :)

And Ivory:
    Pic with same hairstyle as her mother (and proves that she really doesn't take after Autumn)
    screenshot_original.jpg

For comparison, Autumn:
    screenshot_original.jpg

New hairstyle:
    screenshot_original.jpg

And then I had a lot of fun with colourful patterns for all of Ivory's clothes :)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Athletic

screenshot_original.jpg
    Outerwear

screenshot_original.jpg
    Swimwear

screenshot_original.jpg
    Everyday

screenshot_original.jpg
    Sleepwear

screenshot_original.jpg
    Formalwear

Hawk then went outside to pester the University mascot :D
    screenshot_original.jpg

Then it was the triplets turn to age up.
    Athena:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Blossom:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Charity:
    screenshot_original.jpg

And it was just as I was going to get Athena and Blossom to take the university aptitude test that my game froze on me for the first time in ages :( So now I have to do their birthdays again!

Poor Suas. The alien is getting a taste of real life on earth lol.

Well maybe Suas got the wrong idea. She maybe thought diving no matter what form needs a bather. lol I mean diving is technically in her mind associated with swimming I guess lol.

My sims never entered riding competitions. Good for you. Hooray she won. You know I am beginning to realize how much my sims haven't done lol. Guess I will have to start to fix that lol.

Love Hawk's ears. That color is nice. I like his physical perfection as well.

Ivory really does not look like Autumn. She is still pretty though.

I absolutely adore the patterns and colors you used for her. I mean seriously adore. That formal wear is awesome. Wow I love pastel colors anyhow, so you won me over ha ha ha.

Wow all the triplets look like Autumn. Lucky them.

• Options
    AiHaou wrote: »
    Vera is all too excited to get her degree at Sims University. The first step? The aptitude test. This will tell Vera which degree she should consider.
    2afmz5h.jpg

Looks like it’s a tie between Science&Medicine and Fine Arts.
    29xhd80.jpg

“Should I go into Fine Arts or Science Yvette?” She asked.
    2nsmdlv.jpg

“I think you should go into Fine Arts momma.” Yvette answered.
    5lc9ya.jpg

Vera wanted a second opinion before she decided so she asked Annette.
    “I think you should go with what you really want to do Vera.” Annette told her.
    r09imr.jpg

Yvette thought long and hard about it, having no clue what she wanted to do.
    I really want to get into science so I think that’s what I’ll do.
    And off to University she went!
    6fbb44.jpg
    2qjegwl.jpg
    2l8awwp.jpg

Yep it is better to decide for yourself. I hope she made the best choice for her. I take it she is an IF? I thought that of course because of her outfit.

Hope she does well.
  • Options
    Zabeth0 wrote: »
    Evil Travel Agents Guide to Aurora Skies starring Nicolae Irwin Part 3 (Personal Notes)

nl370j.jpg

It might be helpful to note a few things, for those who are interested, though I don't expect a large percentage of you will be, but on the off chance that it might be of use... I will include a few notes for your...consideration.

3130s1s.jpg

As I was not actually expecting that my stay in Aurora Skies would be short term (less than a year), I actually had a small shack built, with just a few things to start out, and I was a bit slow moving. Of course I gardened, and I was quite taken with fishing...

ulpts.jpg

...there is nothing quite like deciding to end a life just because you want to... then dragging your victim struggling from the safety of the environment where it has all of the advantages...

295g788.jpg

...and watching it writhing for its life, as though it could actually escape...eventually, it just slowly stops moving, and the animate becomes inanimate...it's almost like watching magic... it's very serene...very cathartic.

2zgakbp.jpg

Some heartless people actually think its boring... obviously they have no empathy, and therefore can't appreciate how exciting it is for the fish...and you're shaping and sharing it's last experiences.

307ygs6.jpg

Of course, you're walking away safely and it will never swim again...so, it's a markedly better experience for you.

33xv4ib.jpg

I had a little...incident...rather early in my stay...where someone took my pink rabbit rug...it was not a brilliant move on the criminal's part, though he evidently thought so.

I told him I'd see him again, he evidently thought I was going to pursue it through the police... they can't even be trusted to come down hard on people who are down on their luck and can't fight back, why would I entrust violence to them?

I simply did what I do for animals, I studied their patterns, I located their den, and I went in with the proper tools.

vgrm8p.jpg

That being the case, if you are interested, there are several openings in the criminal career track....you're welcome.

339n5fo.jpg

They are not far from this park. It's a run down building tucked into some trees, fairly easy to find. Much easier to find than say, an assassin beetle. You have been warned.

2wcefxs.jpg

It is probably of note that I prefer nighttime, this place is ridiculously bright during the daylight hours, and I'm not just talking about the candy colored buildings.

21b6s77.jpg

Yes, it's true, there is dark volcanic rock...but on top of that rock, the is bright green grass with yellow flowers.

5ewb3s.jpg

16ber1v.jpg

2dhtnih.jpg

2heho5t.jpg

15f5e2t.jpg

140bvnk.jpg

11jmzjl.jpg

The ocean can be very still... don't let that fool you. It's laying in wait.

15ea72g.jpg

This is what the mausoleum looks like in the day...hardly worth seeing at all. Obviously I wanted you to see it in it's most impressive lighting, but I suppose you must know that it looks surprisingly less impressive during daylight hours. My previous visit was during the full moon, when it was it's most gorgeous.

2e1vul1.jpg

I can't stress this enough, during the day everything is so bright...

10psfhh.jpg

...obviously the town looks different during different seasons, or just inclement weather, even.

rrrspd.jpg

These sod houses are apparently just decorative. Apparently from a bygone age, with computer straight doors and modern locks, so naturally it raises your suspicion, but there is nothing you can do with them.

301g0i8.jpg

I do not waste time wondering whether something is happening or not.

10fw5eq.jpg

If you waste all your time wondering if an alien really can exist, then how are you going to spend time convincing them to like your favorite color rather than their own preference? You can't let them like what they like, that's madness!

hx58y9.jpg

Also, alien abductions can happen no matter what town you are in, so it's not as though it's particularly notable for this one.

So, that's it for my notes on Aurora Skies. Next up, Dragon Valley.

Nice take on slaughtering helpless fish there Nicolae. I don't think the fish see it the same way.

I lol'ed at the way he took care of the criminal who stole his very feminine sounding rug, (quickly adds, but it doesn't mean you aren't just as manly Nicolae). After all I wouldn't want to share the same fate as the criminal. I thought it was hilarious how he casually mentions like he would talk about breakfast, that there are new openings in the criminal career thanks to him lol.

Wow I don't have Aurora skies, but it sure is gorgeous. I can't help but say I am kind of torn about getting it. I have never used the utopia world in ITF as it too bright and color shocking, and seems like Aurora Skies would hit me the same, Yet those pics at sunset and at nighttime are wow.

See that is what you get Nicolae for trying to tell an Alien what color to like lol. Hope they don't leave scars, although since it would make you look tougher, you probably would like that lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top