Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• Options
    ShawnettMShawnettM Posts: 26 Member
    8 more points and I get to be an official member.
  • Options
    badromance99badromance99 Posts: 67 Member
    Hi SHawnettM, Welcome to the Club :p
  • Options
    DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 472 Member
    ShawnettM wrote: »
    8 more points and I get to be an official member.

Grats! :D

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    @Daijahv - No, I didn't change anything. The only difference is that the other posts were from my pc and the one where the emoticons showed up were from my laptop. The pc is windows vista and the laptop is windows 8. Maybe it has something to do with that? I have no clue! I am just glad it is working. LOL :D

@Susiechan - Hmmm...I haven't tried to login to origin with any other browser! Wonder if Firefox has the same problem?
  • Options
    uhlissuhroseuhlissuhrose Posts: 144 Member
    Daijahv wrote: »
    @SalivaCocktail - LOL! I just read your signature. That's so true :P

@Uhlissuhrose - I really hope it gets sorted out as well. It's obviously nothing on the member side so it must be a forum glitch. It has been reported, now it's a waiting game for a resolution. I read somewhere that this is a testing forum, meaning EAxis is using all of us as guinea pigs.

I am a pretty good guinea pig so I hope everything works out.

k0ac2.gif
  • Options
    bigxfanbigxfan Posts: 125 Member
    Okay, quick question, guys. I posted a Sim I created in the CAS Creations thread and was told I had to wait for it to be approved. It's been about 24 hours. Does anyone know if I should keep waiting or post it again? Thanks o:)
  • Options
    ShawnettMShawnettM Posts: 26 Member
    Thanks Guys!!! I'm officially a member!!! Now all we need is the Sims 4!!!
  • Options
    bigxfan wrote: »
    Okay, quick question, guys. I posted a Sim I created in the CAS Creations thread and was told I had to wait for it to be approved. It's been about 24 hours. Does anyone know if I should keep waiting or post it again? Thanks o:)

@Bigxfan - Have you flagged someone for abuse/spam or hit "disagree" on someone's post? Or were you not a member or just recently became a member? If so, this is why TPTB are not approving your pic. Usually it takes a few minutes and the "waiting period" dissipates. It's just sort of a "hey we're watching you, behave!" kind of thing. If you haven't already, try posting it again. It should work.
  • Options
    bigxfanbigxfan Posts: 125 Member

@Bigxfan - Have you flagged someone for abuse/spam or hit "disagree" on someone's post? Or were you not a member or just recently became a member? If so, this is why TPTB are not approving your pic. Usually it takes a few minutes and the "waiting period" dissipates. It's just sort of a "hey we're watching you, behave!" kind of thing. If you haven't already, try posting it again. It should work.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I just became a member a couple of days ago and I did flag someones post. I'll try posting it again. Thanks so much :)
  • Options
    salivacocktailsalivacocktail Posts: 552 Member
    edited August 2014
    CAN'T ADD IMAGE SIGNATURE? SOME IDEAS:

I was looking around, researching more about the issue and haven't found much more; however, I did find the following posts in two different threads:

@RebornMonster said
    "I have now tried several versions of this suggestion and still nothing. I went and added it to my profile - just in case it was a way of unlocking the ability to do so. What I believe is the problem is that I'm not allowed to use code in my signature yet. Every other text-box (even ones to post on other people's profile) say "you can use BBCode in your post" but my signature does not yet, so I believe I'm simply not allowed to yet."

@ValoisFulcanelli said
    "Can you use BBcode in a comment? My signature originally showed up like yours, no matter how I coded it. The only way I could get it to work was to draft a reply to this thread with the signature code as the text of the reply, previewing it until it worked. I then copied the 'reply' into my signature box and deleted the original 'reply' in the thread. That worked for me." I tried this, it did not work for me.
    The shinbone is a device made for finding furniture in a dark room.
    My Website: salivacocktail.weebly.com
    My Pinterest: pinterest.com/salivacocktail

• Options
    edited August 2014
    PREVIOUS RESEARCHED AND CONFIRMED IDEAS:

Displaying a working, image signature does NOT depend on:
    1. Join date
    2. Point amount
    3. Browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome)
    4. Image host (Imgur, Flickr, photobucket, etc)
    5. Image file type (.jpg, .png, .gif, etc..)
    6. Image size
    7. Length of image URL
    8. Number of boxes unchecked in Signature setting options
    9. The ability to have just a plain text signature.
    10. The ability to post a/the picture in a COMMENT.
    Post edited by salivacocktail on

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Looking for testers to verify that whether or not having the EA text, "You can use BBCode in your post." below your Edit Signature box determines if you can have an image as your signature. Example below:

sigprob1_zps6fd2b3d3.jpg
    sigprob2_zps87938213.jpg
    Post edited by salivacocktail on

• Options
    grnblzgrnblz Posts: 249 Member
    edited August 2014
    I am another lurker. I have been a member since 2009 but I do not post much. How would I become a member if I hardly ever post?

Well I just looked and it said I have 42 points. Sucks being new member when you have been on these boards all these years. Guess I just need a couple of likes. Help!
  • Options
    grnblzgrnblz Posts: 249 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thank you guys. I am now a member. I kinda felt left out, not being a member. Happy camper now & ready to play Sims 4. I am so excited!!!
  • Options
    LionLion Posts: 42 Member
    I'm a member but I still don't have premission to have a "siggy". :( why?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Oops, wrong thread.

• Options
    grnblz wrote: »
    Thank you guys. I am now a member. I kinda felt left out, not being a member. Happy camper now & ready to play Sims 4. I am so excited!!!

Congrats @Grnblz!
  • Options
    Lion wrote: »
    I'm a member but I still don't have premission to have a "siggy". :( why?

@Lion - We are trying to figure that out. So far it appears to be a forum glitch as everything tested on the member's side does not seem to be a known cause.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Looking for testers to verify that whether or not having the EA text, "You can use BBCode in your post." below your Edit Signature box determines if you can have an image as your signature. Example below:

sigprob1_zps6fd2b3d3.jpg

@SalivaCocktail - It just might be the cause. This is how I see my signature box:

15030750055_2f831bfe9f_b.jpg
  • Options
    AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    headtilt_zpsd62d9a98.gif
    Er, well, sorry that this quite off topic, but still relating to images in siggy's.
    I was looking at @salivacocktail 's signature and the picture wasn't showing up, so I decided to try and help out, just to check if there were any mistakes, so I went and copied the link to my browser to check that nothing was wrong with the link- nothing was wrong. :)
    Then, I checked it out by pasting the link in the 'Leave a Comment' box and just adding the [img)] and [/img] (without the bracket obviously :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) around it. It worked. :)
    Then, I tried copying the whole thing and pasting it here and, yet again, it worked.

Basically, I was just wondering why this was happening. Nothing was wrong... It's probably something up with BBCode, as you guys were talking about above.
    :smiley::s

P.S. The 'picture' is the .gif shown above. :#
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member

So if we flagged someone for abuse/spam or hit disagree on someone's post we are not allowed to post image (yet) ?

That's weird.

What if we flag a troll for abuse then ?

By the way, I always disagree treating the disagree button as something negative. Disagreeing with someone's else doesn't always mean "bad" or "negative". It means we have different opinions.

• Options
    Susiechan wrote: »

So if we flagged someone for abuse/spam or hit disagree on someone's post we are not allowed to post image (yet) ?

That's weird.

By the way, I always disagree treating the disagree button as something negative. Disagreeing with someone's else doesn't always mean "bad" or "negative". It means we have different opinions.

That's weird.

I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened if someone flagged someone, but I don't think it would happen if someone disliked someone's comment.

But, I'm not one to talk because I haven't tried disliking or flagging anyone yet... I don't think I plan on it either-- unless it's for a valid reason ;).
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    AM35502 wrote: »

That's weird.

I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened if someone flagged someone, but I don't think it would happen if someone disliked someone's comment.

But, I'm not one to talk because I haven't tried disliking or flagging anyone yet... I don't think I plan on it either-- unless it's for a valid reason ;).

It makes me want to test :p, but I won't flag or dislike someone for the sake of testing :mrgreen:
  • Options
    @Susiechan Phew! I'm not the only one! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I found another thread (it asks how to add an image to your signature) and it's the same 'problem' that salivacocktail had and the same problem that was mentioned above by salivacocktail; about the BBCode not working for people.

A lot people commenting on that thread had the same problem and their signatures were left with BBCode and no picture. :( I linked them to this thread and suggested the flag/dislike idea...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @Susiechan and @AM35502 - Yes, if you click the spam/abuse flag OR disagree button you get a posting penalty. While disagreeing with a comment is a difference of opinion it still grants the timeout, unfortunately. When you click either of those buttons and then try to comment a second or two after you will get the message "Your comment has been sent for approval. It will post in 24hrs." I tested this, that's how I was able to explain to @Bigxfan exactly what happened.

I find it happens if you press the button in succession (spam someone with negativity). When I did it, I hit the disagree button on 2 posts within a matter of a minute then tried to post and got the warning.

I tested this again by clicking disagree once, waiting a few minutes and clicking it again. At this point, I was not hit with a time-out. So I concluded it was a way to deter Trolls. The time-out lasts a few minutes, not a whole day. That's why I told @Bigxfan to try posting again.

By the by, if you still want to go ahead and test it again, you can always remove your disagree by going to that person's post and clicking the disagree button again.
    Post edited by Daijahv on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top