The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    I've just been reading a bit about the Member/New Member system and I, like many others, have been around for quite a few years. I didn't really post around the first few years because I was quite shy and quite recently I decided I'd dip my toes in the water...

Just a question about the system that I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to; Does writing posts give you more points? :D
    I actually just noticed the New Member thing today when I was trying to link and quote someone, :p so this all quite new to me.
  • badashelbadashel Posts: 41 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    @badashel

Only 15 left... Not too far to go. Good luck! Hey can you sent messages and add a signature?

@06Bon06 I made it member status, woo! I never tried to add a signature so I'm not sure if I could have but I know I didn't have the option to message someone when I went to their page but now I do.
  • LionLion Posts: 42 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hahaha. :D
    No I can't send messages :( and like I said I can't have a "siggy". That is quite irritating but I am glad that I could help you ;)
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've just been reading a bit about the Member/New Member system and I, like many others, have been around for quite a few years. I didn't really post around the first few years because I was quite shy and quite recently I decided I'd dip my toes in the water...

Same here I just didn't do much at the old exchange but I was a member for a least two years. It was this year I started being more vocal. I tried posting links for the cas creepy demo game and I couldn't. I don't care for the new system that much I want to share my pictures :\
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Can everybody post emoticons? For some reason I cannot. I wonder if it is my browser? Using IE
  • DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 471 Member
    AM35502 wrote: »

Just a question about the system that I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to; Does writing posts give you more points? :D

I actually just noticed the New Member thing today when I was trying to link and quote someone, :p so this all quite new to me.

Originally, you would receive 5 points for the first post on a thread and then 1 point for every post following that. But that changed. If posting gives you points now it's very small.

Let's test the theory :)

Same here I just didn't do much at the old exchange but I was a member for a least two years. It was this year I started being more vocal. I tried posting links for the cas creepy demo game and I couldn't. I don't care for the new system that much I want to share my pictures :\

It is a pain to have to reach 50 points but it's a necessary evil. You can post links and such now as a member though. So please feel free to share your pics :)
    Lion wrote: »
    Hahaha. :D
    No I can't send messages :( and like I said I can't have a "siggy". That is quite irritating but I am glad that I could help you ;)

@Lion Congratulations on reaching member status!
    yanti68 wrote: »
    Can everybody post emoticons? For some reason I cannot. I wonder if it is my browser? Using IE

It may very well be IE, try posting in Chrome or Firefox and see if that might be the reason. If you find you're still unable to use the emoticons, then please report it here in the unofficial bug thread to bring it to the mods attention!
    badashel wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    @badashel

Only 15 left... Not too far to go. Good luck! Hey can you sent messages and add a signature?

@06Bon06 I made it member status, woo! I never tried to add a signature so I'm not sure if I could have but I know I didn't have the option to message someone when I went to their page but now I do.

Congrats on member status! I'm happy to hear more features have opened up for you :)

edited August 2014
    AM35502 wrote: »

@AM35502 - After 5 posts I can report there has been no change to my points count. It appears you can no longer earn points by posting. That is unless you reach a milestone for a badge. First post, 10 posts, etc. You can learn more about badges and see how to earn them here.

Good luck!

Edit: I would, however, like to add that the more you post, the more you're seen by others and the better the chance of receiving likes, agrees and lols which DOES add to your points count. But the downside to that is the more you're seen the more likely you are at getting disagrees and flags. Haters love to hate.
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    yanti68 wrote: »

I am almost sure it is IE. I am able to post emoticons using Google Chrome. However whenever I use IE, the emoticons gone missing.
    edited August 2014
    @Susiechan - Thanks for the confirmation. :) I am posting this so I can get a screenshot from IE for the Bugs thread. I noticed in your signature the heart is missing from the end of the sentence on IE. While the emoticons pops up to use, they disappear from the post once you've commented.

:? :? :?

Edit: The bug has been reported. Thanks again @Yanti68 & @Susiechan
  • LionLion Posts: 42 Member
    Haha, thank you @daijahv :D
  • ShadowkeepernoirShadowkeepernoir Posts: 55 Member
    Thank you for breaking it down. I tried responding to a thread on Demo creations a couple days ago, it told me I couldn't post because I was a new member (which is only half true, I was a TS3 forum member for well over a year). This is the first thread I've found actually explaining the system.
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    It is a pain to have to reach 50 points but it's a necessary evil. You can post links and such now as a member though. So please feel free to share your pics :)

Great! I'm happy to be a member now XD
  • uhlissuhroseuhlissuhrose Posts: 144 Member
    Anyone have any advice on how I should get my signature to work? I'm at Member status, over 50 points, and way over 24 hours. Don't know why it's not working. It's a really small gif, like 245x160px
    k0ac2.gif
    edited August 2014
    Anyone have any advice on how I should get my signature to work? I'm at Member status, over 50 points, and way over 24 hours. Don't know why it's not working. It's a really small gif, like 245x160px

@Uhlissuhrose Is that it there? Testing...sec...

Edit: It seems to work just fine. When you're trying are you getting an error message of any kind? Also, what browser are you using? It might be affecting the image somehow as we've earlier discovered IE can be a pain for emoticons.
    Aww it's working for you! I'm using Chrome. You just paste the img url between [img][/img] right? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
    k0ac2.gif
  • kreepsymusickreepsymusic Posts: 155 Member
    Aww it's working for you! I'm using Chrome. You just paste the img url between [img][/img] right? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

I had to switch to firefox and everything seems to be running as it should I just haven't decided on my signature :)
    10945750_1527022374224874_7723481051081880925_n.jpg?oh=5a48d0796e5edf28ba6927ae38538893&oe=5551CE32
    edited August 2014
    Yep that's it! In fact, I copied the line directly from your signature. I added [.center][./center] around it though because I'm a little a-retentive (since it "plum" the a word) and like things aligned. But the code is right. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Maybe try signing out and back in?
    Daijahv wrote: »
    Yep that's it! In fact, I copied the line directly from your signature. I added [.center][./center] around it though because I'm 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and like things aligned. But the code is right. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Maybe try signing out and back in?

Hmmmmmmmm I will keep fiddling with it and see what happens. Switched browsers, nothing, cleared browser history/cookies, still nothing, signed in and out, still nothing. /cry Thanks for the help though.
    k0ac2.gif
  • AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    Hi guys, does anyone know the criteria to send messages? Thanks.
  • ShunKiyoshi13ShunKiyoshi13 Posts: 45 Member
    Thanks for the info! I've been trying to get to member lately. I guess I just don't post enough good "content". Thanks for the badges list too.
  • lovetodeath8lovetodeath8 Posts: 21 Member
    > @femitche514 said:
    >

I am in the same boat as you. Quiet Lurker over here!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top