Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's hear it for our Non-Caucasian beauties!

Comments

• Options
    DicieDicie Posts: 262 Member
    I think the sims in TS3 look more realistic--sorry, but these sims look a little cartoonish to me.
  • Options
    DicieDicie Posts: 262 Member
    I want to buy it--but I am so undecided. :( Most likely i will get it for one of my girls and see what it's about--but so far I think I'm sticking with TS3--I may be there all alone !
  • Options
    GlassHippocampusGlassHippocampus Posts: 171 Member
    Diedrupo, I'm sorry about the background you have had with racism. I say, things always get better in the future. It's the one word of hope that I can currently offer.

On the other hand, I'm going to leave the discussion between you and Chester where it is: between you and Chester; since I wasn't much involved in it anyways. There's probably more to what both of you are trying to tell the other than what I currently understand.

At any rate, here is my treasured Leung family: Yanathan, Yanathan's brother Gentris and Yanathan's husband Tyrell.

edit - For some reason, I'm not able to link to these pics. "I have to be around longer", the system says. =\
    16804364_255015048272470_6498686028534196190_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ZJ2v2Iq54xUAX83XC6Z&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_d3R-ZAgZq89G9-i-5UP1msfabB3aphDK7YRcmuZ30cg&oe=62D86AED
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2014
    Dicie wrote: »
    I want to buy it--but I am so undecided. :( Most likely i will get it for one of my girls and see what it's about--but so far I think I'm sticking with TS3--I may be there all alone !

I'm sticking with Sims 3, at least till Christmas or my birthday (March) -- I want to see what direction the game is taking, plus watch some actual game play and see if I can adjust to things like loading screens and no toddlers.

Do love the new CAS though!

EDIT: Had to set up a Photobucket account to upload my creations:

Cole_zpsb51f24b1.jpg

Denise and Rodney Cole

DeniseCole_zps5d2ca6b2.jpg

Denise: Renaissance Sim
    Genius
    Geek
    Ambitious

RodneyCole_zpsdd72e04c.jpg

Rodney Cole: Bodybuilder
    Active
    Outgoing
    Foodie

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    StacyBaby019StacyBaby019 Posts: 381 Member
    My fav sim I made ...

OsorioBody_zpsec0f3b3e.png
    OsorioFace_zps987671e9.png

4028242048703015s.jpg
  • Options
    StacyBaby019StacyBaby019 Posts: 381 Member
    and a close up ....

OsorioCloseup_zpsd94fd30a.png

4028242048703015s.jpg
  • Options
    StoreAccountStoreAccount Posts: 1,504 Member
    @GlassHippocampus's family (since he doesn't have sufficient privilege to post links yet) - The Leung's

Leung-family_zps48a4827d.png

- Yanathan

LeungYanathan_zpsc96339b1.png

- Gentris (brother)

LeungGentris_zps554a2ba1.png

- Tyrell Redford (husband of Yanathan)

LeungTyrellRedford_zps81417f08.png
  • Options
    Thanks again, StoreAccount. =)
    16804364_255015048272470_6498686028534196190_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ZJ2v2Iq54xUAX83XC6Z&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_d3R-ZAgZq89G9-i-5UP1msfabB3aphDK7YRcmuZ30cg&oe=62D86AED
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    My simself's future best friend/frenemy Justin Kristoff

6ByKbD5.jpg

MHFiShi.jpg

9Vqo8x3.jpg

He's a Foodie, Ambitious, and Self-Assured with the Mansion Baron aspiration. A cocky little 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with a trust fund and a huge attitude to match it but I love him!

Love him! Is he on the gallery?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    I'm very excited about all the diversity in CAS!! I do agree with what some of you posted before me, and I wish there were more curly hairstyles.

This is my simself, though she's a little cooler than I am with her little afro.

25qdhki.png
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    Carmen0908Carmen0908 Posts: 2,721 Member
    edited August 2014
    Beautiful sims on here :)
    carmen4s.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Here's one of my Adorable Sims who's so far out she's out of this world~!

trewtr_zpse96ebcda.png

Megamind Sim!

Megamind_zpsed97eaa1.jpg
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Figured I'd join the party and share an Indian gal I just created - Lavanya Sharma (and yes she is on the Gallery, Origin ID is same as my username) :D

Lavanya.png

Lavanya-Closeup.png

• Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Longsocks wrote: »
    > @ceejay402 said:<br />
    > Longsocks wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > and there is nothing wrong with skipping threads you dont agree with.<br />
    <br />
    What an obvious observation! There is also nothing wrong with posting in threads you do not agree with either ;) haha

@Fiever7 flagged you.

• Options
    GojoebotGojoebot Posts: 59 Member
    My Japanese rocket scientist Dr. Mika Rocket. I need to get some new sims for this thread.j29APWT.png?1
  • Options
    > @tasmabel said:<br />
    > Caucasian and white are sorta two different things. You can be from anywhere in the world, but if you "look white" then you'll be deemed as such. I think it's nice to appreciate SOC (sims of color!). I just wish that there were more sims that looked less like a white-version of their ethnicity, but that's probably just me nitpicking. <br />
    > <br />
    > With the demo I mostly make SOC to be honest. It's not even intentional. I think I'm just so excited that I can accurately portray lots of different cultures with sims like I never could before. I can seriously make anyone from around the world. It's refreshing and wonderful!<br />
    <br />
    Nothing wrong with making mostly SOC even if it is intentional.<br />
    Nothing is wrong with mostly making sims of any race whatsoever even *gasp* Caucasian sims.<br />
    Race isn't even a thing in the The sims game, there are just different skin tone ramps and sliders and their race is something that us humans project onto our sims.<br />
    When I play my game I dont even see the sims universe as earth with the same races.<br />
    The way I see sims is as humanoids and not human per se lol<br />
    (But if you do play your game like earth with the same races thats fine too obviously,even though you dont need me to say so)

@Fiever7 flagged your post.

• Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    > @tasmabel said:<br />
    > Caucasian and white are sorta two different things. You can be from anywhere in the world, but if you "look white" then you'll be deemed as such. I think it's nice to appreciate SOC (sims of color!). I just wish that there were more sims that looked less like a white-version of their ethnicity, but that's probably just me nitpicking. <br />
    > <br />
    > With the demo I mostly make SOC to be honest. It's not even intentional. I think I'm just so excited that I can accurately portray lots of different cultures with sims like I never could before. I can seriously make anyone from around the world. It's refreshing and wonderful!<br />
    <br />
    Nothing wrong with making mostly SOC even if it is intentional.<br />
    Nothing is wrong with mostly making sims of any race whatsoever even *gasp* Caucasian sims.<br />
    Race isn't even a thing in the The sims game, there are just different skin tone ramps and sliders and their race is something that us humans project onto our sims.<br />
    When I play my game I dont even see the sims universe as earth with the same races.<br />
    The way I see sims is as humanoids and not human per se lol<br />
    (But if you do play your game like earth with the same races thats fine too obviously,even though you dont need me to say so)

and there is nothing wrong with skipping threads you dont agree with.

@Fiever7 flagged your post.

• Options
    cooli02000 wrote: »
    cooli02000 wrote: »
    The prettiest non-caucasian I've seen in Sims 4 style has been Bella Goth.

Lol Bella Goth is Caucasian! XD The ignorance is real

Why did @Kristen4810, @kiritopixie, and @Lilipies disagree with my post? Bella Goth obviously has either some English or Italian ancestry in her. English and Italian people are Caucasian. Again, proving the ignorance of some simmers! XD

I see you flagging me @donminott @JHBrown. Well, I know JHBrown is banned.
  • Options
    chester12 wrote: »
    Why does everything have to be about race? This isn't tumblr leave the social justice warrior stuff out of here.

@Diedrupo flagged you.
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    The newest additions to GlassHippocampus's bunch: 2 lesbian wives and their butch roomie. (The dude still unfortunately hasn't posted enough to gain link posting privileges, so like StoreAccount, I'm doing it for him. =) haha)

- Dheliah Liang-Yip (Karigan's femme)
    - Karigan Yip (Dheliah's butch)
    - Saratogorah Ky Upton (awesome butchie!)

Liang-Yip-ThewholeBunch_zpse418f167.png
    Liang-Yip-DheliahLiang-Yip_zpsf3860aa3.png
    Liang-Yip-KariganYip_zpsb9d9275e.png
    Liang-Yip-SaratogorahKyUpton_zps6c8df477.png
  • Options
    Thanks Keyb0x! Greatly appreciated. =D
  • Options
    blam987blam987 Posts: 462 Member
    These 3 will be the best of friends when the game comes out. Can't wait to play them!
    Un2titled_zps97e95392.png
    Un2titl3ed_zps66672a63.png
    oa8abb.gif
  • Options
    PajerdaPajerda Posts: 24 New Member
    Simself profile pic. Filipino.
  • Options
    blam897, what Ethnicity are these women? They look caucasian to me. haha

Gorgeous as they are. =D
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    One of my favorite husband and wife teams Andre and Alexis Cranston

Andre.png
    Alexis.png

Arie Banks
    ArieBanks2.png

Maya Vaas
    Maya.png

Louis Bindo
    Louis2.png

Taryn Winterson