Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's hear it for our Non-Caucasian beauties!

Comments

• Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    Yumedust wrote: »
    keyb0x wrote: »
    I don't think it's how you think it is. It's just weird that they need their own thread. I'm half black and half white, and if someone took my picture and consciously chose to put it in the "ethnic beauties" thread or some such, rather than the thread used for everyone else I'd find it a bit uncomfortable. That's just me, though.
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    What's wrong with an ethnic only drinking fountain?

-shakes head- I think you all are taking this way too seriously. This is a game and the OP was merely trying to have some fun with his/her thread so folks could share their different variety of Sims. I swear you can't post anything nowadays without people getting their knickers in a bunch over the littlest thing. The whole "making sure everything is PC" has ruined a lot of things. If something like a thread for different raced Sims bothers you that bad, then you need to reevaluate yourself.

I'm probably the most anti PC person on this forum. Having a thread FOR "ethnic" beauties comes across as the PC approach more than anything. It's like affirmative action for the Sims. :s

Never mind, I was just stating what I thought about it. I don't expect people to agree with me and you can do as you please, I don't have authority over any of you. :p
  • Options
    LongsocksLongsocks Posts: 44 Member
    edited August 2014
    > @cooli02000 said:

> Hispanic just means Spanish-speaking. Hispanic is not exclusively Latinos/Latinas.

That might be but most people think hispanic is another word for Latino hence saying hispanics are not white.Because obviously Spanish people are caucasian but latino's aren't
  • Options
    RobBauerRobBauer Posts: 110 Member
    I was actually surprised at how many Caucasian sims there were when I first saw the official "post your sim pictures" thread. I've actually found it far easier to create more diverse sims than ever before.
  • Options
    acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    Can we get back to showing sims please? I like looking at them!

SNIP :)

k4dw1j.jpg
    Sadako Wasabi

Very beautiful sim!!!

the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    > @keyb0x said:
    > Yumedust wrote:

> I'm probably the most anti PC person on this forum. Having a thread FOR "ethnic" beauties comes across as the PC approach more than anything. It's like affirmative action for the Sims.

Completely agree with you,this thread to me seems very PC.
    Couldn't have put it better myself
  • Options
    Honestly, I don't even think about ethnicity when I start making a Sim. I go with the flow and they just end up how they end up. I don't really care as long as I'm happy with them whether they are black, white, yellow, blue or green. I do like to try and mix it up though and keep it diverse.

This is Evie. I would say she is of some Hispanic/Latina descent.
    Untitled3_zps4332f2ba.png

Another beautiful sim!

• Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    AiHaou wrote: »
    faerielady wrote: »
    Hispanics are still Caucasian....
    No they're not.

Hispanic people (I hate the word hispanic) are an ad mixture of Asian and Caucasian.

Also African and Native American/American Indian..."Hispanic" is cultural, it means their culture derives from Spain or ancient Hispana...
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    Caucasian and white are sorta two different things. You can be from anywhere in the world, but if you "look white" then you'll be deemed as such. I think it's nice to appreciate SOC (sims of color!). I just wish that there were more sims that looked less like a white-version of their ethnicity, but that's probably just me nitpicking.

With the demo I mostly make SOC to be honest. It's not even intentional. I think I'm just so excited that I can accurately portray lots of different cultures with sims like I never could before. I can seriously make anyone from around the world. It's refreshing and wonderful!
  • Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    Thanks acidsugar112! I tried making her look as Japanese as possible. She just kinda turned into her own thing and I went with it :)
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    edited August 2014
    > @tasmabel said:
    > Caucasian and white are sorta two different things. You can be from anywhere in the world, but if you "look white" then you'll be deemed as such. I think it's nice to appreciate SOC (sims of color!). I just wish that there were more sims that looked less like a white-version of their ethnicity, but that's probably just me nitpicking.
    >
    > With the demo I mostly make SOC to be honest. It's not even intentional. I think I'm just so excited that I can accurately portray lots of different cultures with sims like I never could before. I can seriously make anyone from around the world. It's refreshing and wonderful!

Nothing wrong with making mostly SOC even if it is intentional.
    Nothing is wrong with mostly making sims of any race whatsoever even *gasp* Caucasian sims.
    Race isn't even a thing in the The sims game, there are just different skin tone ramps and sliders and their race is something that us humans project onto our sims.
    When I play my game I dont even see the sims universe as earth with the same races.
    The way I see sims is as humanoids and not human per se lol
    (But if you do play your game like earth with the same races thats fine too obviously,even though you dont need me to say so)
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited August 2014
    Longsocks wrote: »
    > @tasmabel said:<br />
    > Caucasian and white are sorta two different things. You can be from anywhere in the world, but if you "look white" then you'll be deemed as such. I think it's nice to appreciate SOC (sims of color!). I just wish that there were more sims that looked less like a white-version of their ethnicity, but that's probably just me nitpicking. <br />
    > <br />
    > With the demo I mostly make SOC to be honest. It's not even intentional. I think I'm just so excited that I can accurately portray lots of different cultures with sims like I never could before. I can seriously make anyone from around the world. It's refreshing and wonderful!<br />
    <br />
    Nothing wrong with making mostly SOC even if it is intentional.<br />
    Nothing is wrong with mostly making sims of any race whatsoever even *gasp* Caucasian sims.<br />
    Race isn't even a thing in the The sims game, there are just different skin tone ramps and sliders and their race is something that us humans project onto our sims.<br />
    When I play my game I dont even see the sims universe as earth with the same races.<br />
    The way I see sims is as humanoids and not human per se lol<br />
    (But if you do play your game like earth with the same races thats fine too obviously,even though you dont need me to say so)

and there is nothing wrong with skipping threads you dont agree with.

• Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    So I decided to work on this couple
    current name is place holder
    Husband is foodie family oriented and aspires to be a chef
    The wife is purely family oriented
    ZAan0o0.png
    EKJcF7T.png
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > Longsocks wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > and there is nothing wrong with skipping threads you dont agree with.

What an obvious observation! There is also nothing wrong with posting in threads you do not agree with either ;) haha
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    Longsocks wrote: »
    > @tasmabel said:<br />
    > Caucasian and white are sorta two different things. You can be from anywhere in the world, but if you "look white" then you'll be deemed as such. I think it's nice to appreciate SOC (sims of color!). I just wish that there were more sims that looked less like a white-version of their ethnicity, but that's probably just me nitpicking. <br />
    > <br />
    > With the demo I mostly make SOC to be honest. It's not even intentional. I think I'm just so excited that I can accurately portray lots of different cultures with sims like I never could before. I can seriously make anyone from around the world. It's refreshing and wonderful!<br />
    <br />
    Nothing wrong with making mostly SOC even if it is intentional.<br />
    Nothing is wrong with mostly making sims of any race whatsoever even *gasp* Caucasian sims.<br />
    Race isn't even a thing in the The sims game, there are just different skin tone ramps and sliders and their race is something that us humans project onto our sims.<br />
    When I play my game I dont even see the sims universe as earth with the same races.<br />
    The way I see sims is as humanoids and not human per se lol<br />

Of course race isn't a thing to Sims, but it's a thing to us. There isn't anything wrong with creating white sims; it's just nice that now we can make more realistic POC. The CAS's of the past seemed to be more geared to making caucasian sims, but now there is a lot more room for diversity that real people will be able to appreciate. Representation matters :)
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    I still would like to see more ethnic hairstyles, and also a proper male and female afro. I may not be buying TS4, but I do have to admit many of you have done a wonderful job on your sims.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    edited August 2014
    I still would like to see more ethnic hairstyles, and also a proper male and female afro. I may not be buying TS4, but I do have to admit many of you have done a wonderful job on your sims.

This is one of my complaints as well. There's NO curly hair in the CAS demo. Just an afro and plaits... I'm assuming there will be in the base game, but if not that kind of sucks. In TS2 and 3 there wasn't really anything for curly hair either.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member

This is one of my complaints as well. There's NO curly hair in the CAS demo. Just an afro and plaits... I'm assuming there will be in the base game, but if not that kind of sucks. In TS2 and 3 there wasn't really anything for curly hair either.

I noticed that myself. There needs to be curly hair too.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited August 2014
    tasmabel wrote: »
    Of course race isn't a thing to Sims, but it's a thing to us. There isn't anything wrong with creating white sims; it's just nice that now we can make more realistic POC. The CAS's of the past seemed to be more geared to making caucasian sims, but now there is a lot more room for diversity that real people will be able to appreciate. Representation matters :)

I don't believe that.

2cofw29.jpg

294740y.jpg

2udyxsg.jpg

Sims has had equal representation since day one. People of Caucasian decent are no less diverse in appearance than people of African or Asian decent. So the improvement in the CAS applies to everyone equally.

What part of the world would you guess this Sim came from?

2h51eeq.jpg

• Options
    DarkhengeDarkhenge Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2014
    My avatar, June Chao.
    Post edited by Darkhenge on
  • Options
    bethlebellebethlebelle Posts: 139 Member
    Honestly, I don't even think about ethnicity when I start making a Sim. I go with the flow and they just end up how they end up. I don't really care as long as I'm happy with them whether they are black, white, yellow, blue or green. I do like to try and mix it up though and keep it diverse.

This is Evie. I would say she is of some Hispanic/Latina descent.
    Untitled3_zps4332f2ba.png

Another beautiful sim!

Thank you so much! :D

I'm just gonna ignore the people making pointless drama about a thread that was just meant to be a bit of fun and say that's everyone's Sims look beautiful. Peoples' Sims are a lot more unique looking than my own - I'm still not very brave in CAS and sometimes some of my Sims end up looing similar. Gonna have to have another practice tonight. :P
  • Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    @Fiever7 Wonderful sims! I wish more people would be making great sims and showing them off :)
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    @Elyssandariel Thank you :)
    I like putting a lot of effort into accuracy. though sometimes I stray from it a bit :D
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    HadassaXDHadassaXD Posts: 70 Member
    edited August 2014
    From Left to Right:
    - Storm from X-MEN, I just love X-Men!! And Storm is a beauty-awesome bad-🐸🐸🐸🐸 heroin!~
    - Hulk, he is green, but the topic says non-caucasion, so I think it is still applicable?! lol
    - I just tried to make my hubby Sim's version!

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/121sc1u.jpg[/IMG]
    Post edited by HadassaXD on
  • Options
    LadyEmelynLadyEmelyn Posts: 47 Member

Yes! Curly hair! I wanted to create an accurate depiction of myself, but with no curly hair, it's a shame I can't. I do hope, as you said, that there will be curly hair in the base game. And not waves or straight hair with curls. I need actual ringlets etc. Though I know it may be potentially difficult to mould. I'm hoping either way. :)
    siggy1.png
    Origin ID: LadyEmelyn

• Options
    HadassaXDHadassaXD Posts: 70 Member
    From Left to Right:
    - Storm from X-MEN, I just love X-Men!! And Storm is a beauty-awesome bad-🐸🐸🐸🐸 heroin!~
    - Hulk, he is green, but the topic says non-caucasion, so I think it is still applicable?! lol
    - I just tried to make my hubby Sim's version!

121sc1u.jpg

Yay! Finally can post pics again!~