May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♫♥ Perfect Prom Party! ♫♥ Winners Announced!

Comments

• Options
    SoleilStarrSoleilStarr Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited August 2014
    I have a question it says they must have 5 skills level 2 and above, so I need to play with them and up their skills before I upload them?
  • Options
    Allierenee25Allierenee25 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I have a question it says they must have 5 skills level 2 and above, so I need to play with them and up their skills before I upload them?

I do believe that is how it works. :)
  • Options
    ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited August 2014
    Okay guys, you have 10 days left! :mrgreen:
    cmbaker16 wrote:
    @Mizzie: a naked suit?...that's strange and first time I've come across a custom content problem :lol: ...hmmm, I'll try uploading them again 8).
    It's okay CM, as long as you don't miss the deadline it'll be fine :)
    Shannen wrote:
    Typical cm feigning innocent.. <3

Hmm apart from cm needing to get her mind out the gutter.. (I also need to for that matter)

Oooh comp is looking good Mizzie and RitaRoxy :)

oh? Why am I here? Just looking out for my investment…hahahah sorry couldn't resist. Seriously though, just to show you both some support in your comp. :)
    Thanks Shannen for your support in our competition! :D
    My teen sim is a trouble maker and is making it hard for a boy to ask her to a "prom". LOL
    Awh, you'll get there soon enough, keep trying :)
    Just posting to say I would like to enter. :) I love the idea. I missed out on my own prom so it's something I always like to make sure my teens attend. :D
    Glad you'd like to get an entry in! It's a shame you missed out on your own prom though :(
    Yes you'll need to play with them first to get those skills, then you can upload your sims :)

I do believe that is how it works. :)
    Thank you for clarifying that Allierenee25, you are indeed right :)
  • Options
    nyxinyxi Posts: 321 Member
    edited August 2014
    since there s more time and i already have an idea I'm also entering
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    nyxi wrote:
    since there s more time and i already have an idea I'm also entering
    Yay, I'm so glad the extension has helped people, can't wait to see what you come up with! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've uploaded my couple with the family again

New link:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8378379

I'll change it in my entry form as well just thought I post here to let you know :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cmbaker16 wrote:

New link:

I'll change it in my entry form as well just thought I post here to let you know :wink:
    Thank you Cm :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Question!

It says the teens must be a couple, which is fine, but how do I upload them as a couple? You can't have a household of just teens there has to be one adult, so do I upload them with the adult? Or individually? Because if I upload them individually their relationship won't show.
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited August 2014
    cmbaker16 wrote:

New link:

It still says there is a suit attached. I know certain items from the store and game can cause problems, but they usually aren't labeled as naked. Are any of your sims shirtless for athletic? Or were any of your sims running around naked when you uploaded them? xD
    Question!

It says the teens must be a couple, which is fine, but how do I upload them as a couple? You can't have a household of just teens there has to be one adult, so do I upload them with the adult? Or individually? Because if I upload them individually their relationship won't show.
    Upload them in the same household with an adult. ^-^
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Username: SoleilStarr
    Lot name: Oceanview Promenade Venue
    Link to Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8380109
    Description: Prom is a very special event in a young teens life, why not do it in style? Oceanview Promenade Venue is an upscale rent-able recreational venue for all your teens needs. Whether its cutting a rug on a starlit dance floor or enjoying deliciously catered cuisine, OPV has it all. Why not seal the night with a kiss on the gazebo that over looks the beautiful sparkling sea? No matter how you spend it, it will be a night to remember for your young sims.
    Pictures:
    tumblr_inline_n9swvhgzTf1r7b1dv.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n9swvvze7H1r7b1dv.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n9swvz7WWD1r7b1dv.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n9sww5wXqO1r7b1dv.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n9swwlDweU1r7b1dv.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n9swx2C1D11r7b1dv.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n9swxt3sSK1r7b1dv.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n9swxmhd6B1r7b1dv.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n9swy0rqq61r7b1dv.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n9swwvwqLH1r7b1dv.jpg
    Slideshow/Image Site Link: None
    Additional Information: There are separate male and female bathrooms, a photo booth to take pictures with your sweetie, a stereo with indoor and outdoor speakers for dancing both inside and on the gazebo, as well as a DJ booth.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,676 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oceanview Promenade Venue is a very nice place for teens to enjoy attending their prom at SoleilStarr :) The gazebo looks great! Great exterior of it! The colourful balloons and the string lights on the edges of the gazebo look nice. Very nice water fountain feature on the side of the build. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers on the edges of the building. The dome type windows that you have used look great. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the building! It looks great how you have used a purple, pink and blue colour scheme for the furnishings. Sims will enjoy dancing on the dance floor, to the sound of the music from the dj booth or the drums.The ceiling disco ball, hanging stars lights and the stage lights effects all look great ! It looks great the type of and how you have placed the tables and chairs for sims to sit on and eat their meals and watch other sims dancing. The roses on the tables are pretty for sims to see when sitting there.Nice recolouring of the buffet table.Sims will enjoy eating food from this table,. It looks great that you have placed cup cake and cake stands on the table next to the buffet.
    It is a great prom venue! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    SoleilStarr i really like yours especially the colors you have used. The violet and light blue fits so perfectly together.

It's very funny because mine is going to be very violet too.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the compliments guys!

Yeah first thing I did was choose a color palette to work with. Too light makes it look like a wedding venue. A lot of the popular color combinations (like school colors and what not) always end up reminding me of something else. So I just went with two colors I liked.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @Mizzie: I think the adult might be shirtless for athletic...don't think anyone was in the shower at the time...ugh...I don't know the problem :lol:...I will try again cause they do have store clothes on maybe remove them but game crashes when I go into CAS :cry:...gah...sims can be so wonky :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cmbaker16 wrote:
    @Mizzie: I think the adult might be shirtless for athletic...don't think anyone was in the shower at the time...ugh...I don't know the problem :lol:...I will try again cause they do have store clothes on maybe remove them but game crashes when I go into CAS :cry:...gah...sims can be so wonky :lol:
    If you still can't get it to work, it's alright. xD I have no idea what's causing it and I wish the system would just tell us. Why must the sims be so complicated.... :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @Mizzie: ok, I'll upload them again when I go in-game later :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Username: SoleilStarr
    Lot name: Oceanview Promenade Venue
    Link to Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8380109
    Description: Prom is a very special event in a young teens life, why not do it in style? Oceanview Promenade Venue is an upscale rent-able recreational venue for all your teens needs. Whether its cutting a rug on a starlit dance floor or enjoying deliciously catered cuisine, OPV has it all. Why not seal the night with a kiss on the gazebo that over looks the beautiful sparkling sea? No matter how you spend it, it will be a night to remember for your young sims.
    Pictures:
    Very nice lot SoleilStarr! It's a very nice prom destination. I'm sorry if I don't sound interested in it because I haven't said a lot about it, it's just because I can't give out too much feedback to people before competition has closed.
    cmbaker16 wrote:
    If you still can't get it to work, it's alright. xD I have no idea what's causing it and I wish the system would just tell us. Why must the sims be so complicated.... :lol:
    As Mizzie said, if you still can't get it to work, it's alright. We both know you've tried so hard in fixing it and you're not the sort of person on here to break rules anyway.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
    Hey Simmers –

The Sims 4 launch is REALLY close, like September 2 close– and we are pleased to confirm that we are upgrading the forums in preparation.

With the upgrade comes some downtime. We want to minimize the downtime as much as possible but we do ask that you have patience as we get this moving.

We will begin the upgrade this FRIDAY (August 8, 2014), at around 09:00am PDT.

What this means is that the forums will be read only (you will not be able to post or start new threads) for several days starting from that time.

We will keep everyone updated via Twitter and Facebook when the forums come back up.

We also want to let you know that with the upgrade, one piece of your profile will not be activated. You will need to choose or create a new avatar. Everything else will remain the same.

Thanks for your patience everyone. Looking forward to seeing what you think about the upgraded forums once they are live.
    Here is the LINK to the post SimGuruHydra put up!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    So here is my entry, well not my final because I can't find a name like always. But I made the pictures so here is my first part of the entry

Prom Party Destination

Username:
    Nyxi
    Lot name:
    Ballhaus

Link to Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8404957

Description: It's a big very elegant house with a beautiful garden with 3 gazebos and a small pond.
    There is a big restaurant on the groundfloor and a very small stage for speeches. There is also a buffet table and dinig tables outside in one of the gazebos.
    On the other side of the house is the disco with a big band stage,a bar, and a dancefloor.
    On the first floor are the chairs for the prom queen and kind as well as a karaoke maschine.
    In the Garden you can find the Photospot for your prom foto.
    the cholor scheme is violet to lilac and rose and grey as well as creme.
    I hope it's not to dark or to pink, but I think it fits very well for a (more elitist) prom

Pictures: (10 maximum in the post)

Here is the front, nothing special to say about this ;) As you can see there are stairs and columns starting from the ground. It was a liite work with cheats to make this

screenshot787pljk01s4b.jpg

This is the Back view with the beautiful garden and the three gazebos. The small lake is under the middle one. It was the first time I made a gazebo with the arched bridges and I like it really much

screenshot79j05sxbicd7.jpg

This is the Photo spot ;)

screenshot82xp8wqfrkuy.jpg

This is the dining area with the small stage, the kitchen is behind it.

screenshot84grx3c4oz7b.jpg

This is the dicso with the dancefloor and the bandstage. The whole walls at the ground floor are 1,5 times as high as normal. I thought I would make the whole thing more elgant. (And it was easier to combine stairs with columns on the ground, when making a room bigger)
    This is the reason why the light dots are floating in the air. I tested the lot and I think it does not interfere

screenshot851dj0fmtv5n.jpg

This is a view from the disco the the dining area.

screenshot908j427qdsnm.jpg

This is the first floor with the chairs for Prom Queen and king and the karaoke machine
    screenshot983wbokiprfx.jpg

This is the garden at night

screenshot946wzdrpfh4q.jpg

Here is a overallview from ground and first floor:
    screenshot100rb9780yvcf.jpg
    screenshot96712wnfki9z.jpg

Hope you like it
    Post edited by nyxi on
  • Options
    Evening everyone, and welcome to the new forums!
    I know, it's hard to get used to, but at least we no longer have to worry about the fate of the TS3 forums! :mrgreen:

Due to how long it was down and the sudden announcement, the due date for this has been extended until August 20th! You still get 2 days after the 20th to update your posts, etc. (This info is updated in my first post. Please go read it for the specific times.)
    Also, due to the strange new forum and it's new emotes, etc., I have updated my posts so they aren't so weird looking. Please take the time to study the front page for any changes, and if you have questions please ask them!

Also! Please note that I need to track down the entry posts again since the TS3 forum links just lead to the old forum. This also goes to say that if you have your own threads, please update them as soon as you can due to this.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,676 Member
    edited August 2014
    Your Prom Party build is very nice nyxi! :) Very nice exterior of the building! The dormers, columns, and the types of and placement of the windows looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the front entrance stairs and have the red carpet in the middle area! The purple and pink balloons look great and are nice for sims to see when coming to the venue. Very nice back area! The three gazebos look so very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the gazebo with the arched bridges! The pond looks nice. Very nice photo spot! It looks very nice how you have used the new arches there, and have the rose trellises as a nice background for the photos. The flower carpet looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the building. The dining area is very nice! Nice shades of purple, violet and lilac you have used through the build. Very nice dining seats that you have used there for sims to enjoy sitting eating food that they have ordered from the bistro oven and have delivered to their tables. The cream and purple colours look nice together. Great stage area. The large purple rose looks nice on the wall there. Very nice floor patterning! The flowers on the tables are nice for sims to see when sitting eating there. The disco and dance area looks great! Sims will enjoy dancing to the music on the dance floor. Great band stage area for sims to either enjoy playing the different musical instruments or have fun listening to them being played. The theatre type curtains in the stage area look great and add to the feel of the area. The lighting and lights effects looks great! Sims will enjoy having a drink from the side wall bar after dancing. Very nice first floor area! It looks great that you have thrones for the Prom King and Queen to enjoy sitting on! It looks great how you have placed the arrow signs backdrops there, pointing to the prom King and Queen. Sims will have fun karaokeing or blowing bubbles on the bubbles machine. Very nice type of ceiling lights that you have used.The water lily lights in the pond look very pretty at night time.
    It is a very nice Prom venue :)
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited August 2014
    Great contest, and great entries so far!

I'll try to enter something if I'm done in time. I need a prom venue for Barnacle Bay anyway :)

A few questions:

- You say no mods. Does this just mean mods that the person downloading would need to install in order for the build to appear as intended (e.g. OMSP - which I don't use for this very reason), or that no mods at all can be used while we're creating?

- Are seasonal lot markers okay? I quite like the idea of having different themes for different times of year.

- Since you want skills, I'm assuming you want the sims uploaded as a household. So is an adult chaperon okay, or should we use cheats to make it a teen-only household?
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    Having a hard time adjusting to the new forums..glad the threads were saved at least..