Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny Community Construction Contest ♪ ♫ ♪ Calling Laella and trishaanne1987

Comments

• Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited March 2014
    aricarai wrote:
    Another question.

Now is recoloring just changing the shade of whatever pattern came on the object or does it include changing the pattern like with the other patterns that are offered when you go into the color palate.

What I mean is it still considered to recoloring if I go into masonry and take a masonry pattern that came with the game. Or if I go into themes and take one of those patterns like the fruit pattern and use that and change its colors. Are those considered part of recoloring since they are all from the game and not downloaded from the exchange or from the Create a Pattern Program that you download to make your own Custom Patterns?

Like I said I am just learning what is considered what and want to make sure I understand the difference. I know when I go into the palette that they offer change the material which consist of all kinds of different patterns from woods, themes, geometric, abstract, etc... Is using the Change the Material permitted or not permitted or does that fall under Custom Content?

Changing the material is part of the create-a-style tool. This isn't considered CC. Hope that helps hon!

It does. :) Thank you
  • Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited March 2014
    Jessabeans wrote:
    How would a dock feed into that 8x8 max for the house's footprint? Would it count as landscaping?

A dock as in the port lot for a houseboat? Doesn't factor. We're just looking at the houseboat.

No, a normal house with a dock for a smaller boat.

(If it would even fit. I haven't gotten in game yet to really start playing with it and my game crashed when I attempted to place my 10x15, so I just went to bed instead.)

I think the gangway is 20x20 or larger, I have never tried to make a port on a lot smaller than 30xsomething. Nevermind, I was googling to see if there was an exact size listed someone and found a post where someone had made this http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7422767 10x15 port lot, so I guess you can have it hang over the edges.

I was going to use the dock for a smaller boat. A speed boat or whatever, not a houseboat.

If it's purely for visual appeal, I guess it doesn't much matter as long as the lot itself isn't larger than 10x15. The smaller boats actually go on the trailer object, it's in vehicles, like a car parking space.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    aricarai wrote:
    Another question.

Now is recoloring just changing the shade of whatever pattern came on the object or does it include changing the pattern like with the other patterns that are offered when you go into the color palate.

What I mean is it still considered to recoloring if I go into masonry and take a masonry pattern that came with the game. Or if I go into themes and take one of those patterns like the fruit pattern and use that and change its colors. Are those considered part of recoloring since they are all from the game and not downloaded from the exchange or from the Create a Pattern Program that you download to make your own Custom Patterns?

Like I said I am just learning what is considered what and want to make sure I understand the difference. I know when I go into the palette that they offer change the material which consist of all kinds of different patterns from woods, themes, geometric, abstract, etc... Is using the Change the Material permitted or not permitted or does that fall under Custom Content?

Changing the material is part of the create-a-style tool. This isn't considered CC. Hope that helps hon!

Ari is correct. You can use any of the patterns in the game's in-game tool. If it's a masonry brick and you like a floral themed print better, go for it. As long as it doesn't have the folder symbol or the asterisk on the corner, it's allowed. If it came with your game, it's good to go.

Edit to add: I love that everyone has been helping each other while I was out prepping for yet another snowstorm. Luv you guys!
  • Options
    jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited March 2014
    Entry Form:
    Lot Name: Wonder Comics
    Entry Type: Tiny Community Lot (Nerd Hangout)
    Created By: jennytru
    Lot Size: 10x10

Description:
    A lot a created to fit my rebuild of Dragon Valley into a more contemporary space. There is a uni-register to buy comics, a lunge space to chill and a unisex restroom. There are two benches outside for outdoorsy sims.
    Pictures:
    Picture2.png"width=500"
    Download Link:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8065984
    Link to Additional Pictures:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/120/713441.page#11818689
    Moonstone.jpg

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited March 2014
    Wonder Comics is a great comics store jennytru :) Great exterior of it! The brickwork texture of the exterior and interior looks great. The window shade at the front exterior of the shop looks good, Great furnishing of the interior. Sims will like buying comic books there. The super hero board stands in the corners suits the type of shop. It looks great that you have placed the toys on the register counter. Great window sitting area for sims to relax on the arm chairs and read the comic books with the sunlight coming in. Sims will have fun playing the arcade games. It is great that sims can get a can of soft drink or a candy bar snack from the vending machine there. Great outdoors sitting nook too for sims to enjoy doing some reading in the outdoors air .
    It is a great build! :)
  • Options
    glenkatkoglenkatko Posts: 885 Member
    edited March 2014
    Lot Name: Tres Chic Boutique

Entry Type: Tiny Community

Created By: glenkatko

Lot Size: 10x15

Description: This exclusive boutique caters to only the most refined tastes. On the first floor, there is a clothing display to browse, or reading material to pass the time while your Sim waits for their make-over. The by-appointment-only styling salon is located on the second floor. On the third floor are design stations for the stylists to continually concoct breathtaking new fashions, in addition to a mini fridge and coffee maker for those late-night creative sessions. Fully upgraded. No CC.

Pictures:
    12897248125_30d841df1b_z.jpg

12897322493_f14b1ce89c_z.jpg

12897631944_faed134a57_z.jpg

12897628484_267df2b7fb_z.jpg

12897252045_1162dcecd8_z.jpg

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8066519

Link to Additional Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/glenkatko/sets/72157641784969695/
  • Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited March 2014
    glenkatko >> oh my gosh, I love your salon!
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Tres Chic Boutique is very nice glenkatko ! :) Very nice exterior of it ! The tower and the roof decor looks great. It looks great the type of windows that you have used and how you have place them. The type of fencing that you have used looks nice. It looks nice how you have done the flowers and plants at the front of the building. The bird bath looks great there,. Very nice shade of colour that you have used for the exterior. Great layout of the floors of the boutique. Very nice furnishing of the interior ! Nice shades of blue that you have used for the furnishings, walls and curtains. Very nice recolouring of and placing of the mannequins through the building. The colours and patterns that you have used to recolour them look very nice. The type of ceiling lights that you have used look nice and suit the boutique theme of the build. It looks nice that you have the mannequin window displays either side of the front door for sims to see as they are about to enter the building. It looks nice how you have done the area where you have placed the mannequins either side of the dresser and have placed the statue heads either side of the flowers, The roses picture looks nice on the wall there. The clothes racks corner looks great. Very nice window alcove sitting area for sims to relax in the armchairs and have a read of a book. Sims will enjoy sitting there in the sunlight. The royal blue shade of the curtains there look very nice. The bottle and glasses on the table between the chairs is a great touch. It looks very nice that you have placed the flowers on the bathroom sink and have the floral pictures on the wall. The candle lights on the walls through the building look nice. Very nice sofa sitting area for sims to sit and relax on. The cake stand and bottle/glasses on the coffee table look great there. Sims will enjoy having a makeover at the styling station. It looks great how you have set up a clothes changing area using the screen and a clothes rack. Very nice area for sims who are in the stylist career to enjoy sketching on the drafting table or using the computer at the desk. The sketches on the wall look great. Very nice back outdoors area for sims to enjoy sitting in the sunshine on the greenery themed arched seats.
    It is a very nice boutique to visit ! :)
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited March 2014
    Custard Check, the following lots are clean:

Park Robinson by Acebrs
    Nature Retreat by Laramoonlily
    Electric Beehive Salon by Snowmoon
    Old Fisher's Cabin by cmbaker16
    Baker's Delight by cmbaker16
    Modern Mediterranean Houseboat by CelestiAliCat
    Wonder Comics by jennytru
    Tres Chic Boutique by glenkatko

• Options
    BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited March 2014
    Entry Form
    Lot Name: Three Cupcakes Cafe
    Entry Type: Tiny Community
    Created By: BakingNerd
    Lot Size: 10x10
    Description: Three cupcakes cafe is a cosy and quaint tea room, serving hot beverages and a variety of baked goods. Mrs Flounders inherited the cafe from her Mother who herself inherited it from her own Mother. With cakes baked to the same beloved recipes as those 3 generations ago everyone is sure to find a moreish treat they'll love at three cupcakes cafe.
    Pictures:

2_zps0162315d.jpg

4_zps484c20db.jpg

The little sweetie/sprinkle station :)
    6_zps19633f6c.jpg

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8067851
    Link to Additional Pictures: Slideshow

Thank you for hosting! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Snowmoon wrote:
    glenkatko >> oh my gosh, I love your salon!

Thank you Snowmoon! And congrats on your 3000th post!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    It is a very nice boutique to visit ! :)

Rosemow, thank you for all the kind words! :)
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited March 2014
    Three Cupcakes Cafe by BakingNerd is clean.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    mishmush wrote:
    These entries are looking really fabulous! I am so glad I dont have to judge... Oh wait... :shock:

LOL! I just saw this...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thank you Jessabeans for checking everything in Custard!
  • Options
    CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hello

Just wanted to say there are some really great and amazing builds. :) Have gone through and gave each rec'd :) It is great to see what can be done in such a little space.

I am fiddling with a couple that are small. One is a houseboat but not sure what to do with it on the inside. Another one is a house but I don't think I like it LOL Not much too it at this time.

chari
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Charicharn wrote:
    Hello

Just wanted to say there are some really great and amazing builds. :) Have gone through and gave each rec'd :) It is great to see what can be done in such a little space.

I am fiddling with a couple that are small. One is a houseboat but not sure what to do with it on the inside. Another one is a house but I don't think I like it LOL Not much too it at this time.

chari

Sometimes I get stuck on interiors too. Sometimes leaving it for a while and coming back helps.

**All entries updated to here**
  • Options
    BrusterBrownBrusterBrown Posts: 101 New Member
    edited March 2014
    LOVE all the entries so far!

I had a finished lot for you, but I went into game today to play test and take photos, but ALL of my saved games have disappeared. I backed out and went back to the game launcher. All my store content is gone from the launcher and replaced with about 10 "dynamic challenge" folders. :-( It's all still in my EA file, but I'm guessing my game got corrupted some how.

I may still try to make something else before the contest is over (IF i take the time to uninstall and reinstall all my games and content), but for now I'll just follow along for all the great tiny builds!
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited March 2014
    Working on a houseboat... It's coming along nicely so I hope I manage to finish it! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    3 Cupcakes Cafe is a very nice shop! Bakingnerd :) Very nice background details to it! It is a nice family business that has been passed down through the family for each generation to enjoy running. It is very nice both the exterior and interior ! It looks nice how you have the front glass windows for sims to look in to the shop whilst outside. The pink and white window blind shades look nice. The flower boxes underneath the windows look nice.The cupcake sign on the roof adds a nice cafe look to the build for sims to see as they are approaching the shop. Nice outdoor dining area at the front of the shop for sims to enjoy eating or drinking in the sunshine and air. The type of dining seats that you have used both outdoors and inside look nice and suit a cafe well. The green of the roofing looks very nice and it is pretty exterior wall panelling that you have used.It looks nice that you have placed the pretty pink roses on a table as a window display. Very nice furnishing of the interior ! It looks so very nice! Pretty fruit themed pattern that you have used for the walls. The vase of flowers in the corner on a table is nice, Sims will enjoy eating food or having a drink from the barista bar whilst sitting at the tables. The flan stand, cupcake stand and cake stand on the counter looks nice. Nice curtains that you have placed on the windows. It looks very nice how you have done the area behind the counter , with the placing of the bookcases , shelves and display cabinet. Very nice sweets themed room. It looks nice how you have placed the decor items there and have an archway entrance to it. Lots of nice details in the store ! The pink shade that you have used to recolour the seats looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed a drinks and plates trolley near the counter and placed items on it. The pictures that you have placed on the walls look nice and suit the cafe .
    It is a very nice cafe! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I am sorry to hear about you losing all your saved games and store items BrusterBrown ! It is not good! I hope that the reinstallation goes okay.

I will look forward to seeing your builds Charicharn and your houseboat YellowJane. :)
  • Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    edited March 2014
    Entry Form
    Lot Name: Tiny Tidal Treasure
    Entry Type: Tiny House
    Created By: VannaRed
    Lot Size:10x10 lot in sunlit tides
    Description: One bedroom, one bath, upstairs living with great views of the ocean. Balcony off the bedroom.
    Pictures: 1c_zpsebf0071f.jpg
    Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8069454
    Link to Additional Pictures: http://s122.photobucket.com/user/VannaRed_photos/slideshow/sims3/simsbuilding
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Tiny Tidal Treasure is a great home VannaRed :) It suits Sunlit Tides well. The texture of the roofing looks great and nice upper tower window area. It looks nice how you have placed the yellow flowers around the mail box. Great roofed front entrance, The back upper balcony area is nice. Sims will enjoy sitting and relaxing on the seats looking out at the views.The plants look nice there, Nice furnishing of the interior. The shades of blue that you have used look nice. The bedroom is nice. It looks nice that you have placed a vase of flowers and pot plant on the dresser at the foot of the bed . It is nice for sims to see when they come to get dressed. It is great that sims can go out from the bedroom onto the balcony. Sims will enjoy resting on the sofa in the living room , reading a book or listening to music from the stereo player, It is nice that sunlight will come in onto the sims through the windows as they sit there. The books/flowers on the surfboard themed coffee table is a nice touch. The floral mat looks nice. The seaside themed bookcase suits the location of the home. The plants on the floor near the front door area is at nice sight for sims to see as they enter the home. Sims will have great views through the windows of the house. Great kitchen . The bar stool counter looks great. The pot plant on the counter is a nice natural item to see when sims are either cooking meals or eating the food whilst sitting on the bar stools. The floor mat in front of the glass doors looks nice there.
    It is a great home! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Tiny Tidal Treasure is a great home VannaRed :) It suits Sunlit Tides well. The texture of the roofing looks great and nice upper tower window area. It looks nice how you have placed the yellow flowers around the mail box. Great roofed front entrance, The back upper balcony area is nice. Sims will enjoy sitting and relaxing on the seats looking out at the views.The plants look nice there, Nice furnishing of the interior. The shades of blue that you have used look nice. The bedroom is nice. It looks nice that you have placed a vase of flowers and pot plant on the dresser at the foot of the bed . It is nice for sims to see when they come to get dressed. It is great that sims can go out from the bedroom onto the balcony. Sims will enjoy resting on the sofa in the living room , reading a book or listening to music from the stereo player, It is nice that sunlight will come in onto the sims through the windows as they sit there. The books/flowers on the surfboard themed coffee table is a nice touch. The floral mat looks nice. The seaside themed bookcase suits the location of the home. The plants on the floor near the front door area is at nice sight for sims to see as they enter the home. Sims will have great views through the windows of the house. Great kitchen . The bar stool counter looks great. The pot plant on the counter is a nice natural item to see when sims are either cooking meals or eating the food whilst sitting on the bar stools. The floor mat in front of the glass doors looks nice there.
    It is a great home! :)
  • Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thank you so much rosemow. :D