Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Côtes d'Ambonnay - a French Medieval World - FEATURED*

Comments

• Options
    ApplePolkaDotApplePolkaDot Posts: 298 Member
    edited January 2014
    sharonxyz
    What a beautiful couple.

Bren
    great screenie of medieval Brennachan

Pink
    You really outdid yourself with the evil witch. De Mott is my favorite she just so looks the part. You did a fantastic job on all of them.

Reach and xSorcier
    been working on the Jewish households.
    Here is what I have so far:

For the fishing village
    Married, he is an angler she is unemployed as of yet.
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=500"
    His outfits have been picked still have to cas him

The noblish (is that even a word...:))
    Married, He is in the political career and she is a painter.
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=500"

Still skilling them up and I am wondering if there is specific names you want for them or if you want any children with them or just leave them as couples. Or any specific back story stuff to add for their rewards or well anything like that.

• Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2015
    Apple - thanks so much! I posted on your page to answer your questions regarding the Jewish couple.

Sharon - thanks so much for Philippe and Gabrielle. They are quite lovely and will be perfect for our world. It's great that you are offering them both as a couple and individuals.

Brenna - I hope your Medieval Brennachan liked her turkey leg and that she has "recovered" from her mishap earlier today with that meteor. Her and Isolde. :XD: Have fun with the monks when you get to them.

Pink - I commented on your page but I love the four witches and this gives everyone so much choice here. How will they ever choose? :mrgreen:

~~~~~

Here's a lot we've never shown before but I finally had time to upload it while xSorcier is working in CAW. This is an unfurnished community build in the Sarlat Docks area. The lot does have toilets and some lighting and the players can use it as they like.

The Boardwalk

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-obdTFLVUdy0/UtvqivATB_I/AAAAAAAAAzQ/Pn051q512kw/w700-h519-no/The+Boardwalk+Screenshot.jpg[/img]

This set of buildings was formerly located at The Docks at Côtes d'Ambonnay. When the docks area was enlarged these small buildings were considered historically valuable and the town decided to rebuild them at a new site. Recently completed, these little jewels stand empty and are available for immediate occupancy. Bidding begins Monday at 50K. Unfurnished. By Reach for Côtes d'Ambonnay - No 3PCC.

More pictures are available on the upload and thanks for checking it out. Hope you guys like this one and thanks to everyone for the wonderful comments on the Enchanted Forest.

Post edited by Reachsims on
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited January 2014
    omg, I LOVE all of you talented creative individuals and have goosebumps from the pictures, they are that exciting!!! :mrgreen:

The enchanted forest is so enchanting! and Reach...we get to download the boardwalk? I ADORE sneak previews :D Buildings perfect as always!

pinkoranges...if you don't mind I may have to use ALL FOUR of your witches!! BRilliant! How funny would it be if they shared a household and tormented one another and left the children alone?? Okay, xSorcier's Badlands witch cottage is quite wee, but that would just make them angrier. oooh, like one of those challenges where they are trapped together and we see who survives! :twisted: Okay, sounds sick, but are they not evil? MUAH HA HA... :D They are great and look so diverse!

Applepolkadot...great couples, lovely costumes and will look great in Cotes! The request list is getting shorter!

Brenna...so THAT's how you made the turkey leg. Mayhaps the meteor is a sign they should be vegetarians? Nah, that's silly... Glad you didn't have to lose your medieval simself (what color ghost is meteor strike?), as it may be an ominous omen :shock:

Our sim makers are the best :D And the world makers, well, there are no words for they clearly use witchcraft to make such otherworldly beauty! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    oh, and Reach? I open the bidding on the boardwalk build (heh, one 'motherlode', I can do that...) :D
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited January 2014

So that's where the turkey leg from. I have both items but there's a lot of Simming I have yet to do. :XD:

Lol about the meteor.

I think it's safe to say here are some of the best sim creators ever. :thumbup:

Pics. <3

• Options
    xSorcierxSorcier Posts: 346 Member
    edited January 2014
    WOW! I must update the Bank of Households with all those new ABSOLUTELY AMAZING creations :D:D:D

Sharon, Pinkoranges, ApplePolkaDot and Brennachan, I'm speechless with all those new households. I don't know how to express how grateful I am with all this. Thank you so much!

Hugs to you all!
    *I recently changed my origin ID from levijeronimo to xSorcier.
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited January 2014
    I can't properly articulate how excited I am about this world. You've done such a remarkable job, I can't stop looking at the preview screenshots.
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited January 2014
    I finally finished Sylvie Dorsey. She has a degree in science and medicine and is a very perceptive midwife and healer. She has access to knowledge about families around town that some would prefer she not know. Sylvie has the equestrian trait but no skills in riding. She does have other skills, some LTR's and money. She is neat, brave,, perceptive, good, and a genius. She has no CC and was tested with Custard. I uploaded her before I plan to install the latest update. Sorry I don't know how to make pictures. I am a technologically challenged senior and don't understand all the explanations very patient friends have tried to show me how to do it. In the long ago times midwives were often wealthy women of good families who were licensed, and this profession gave them extra power. Just finished reading a novel about this subject re: a midwife in England during the English cival War. Written by a scholar and based on an actual woman.
    I am in awe of how beautiful this world is and of all the wonderful sims being created. Very humbling.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7957742
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi! :D What an amazing world!! The pictures look wonderful, the sims look delightful! :D I especially like the evil household! :twisted: :lol:

The town center looks beautiful and rustic at the same time! The amount of detail you have both put into it shows so much, well done!! I love it! :D:mrgreen: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am just blown away by this, I keep thinking: I wonder how much it will cost? But then I quickly realise, oh! It's free! FREE! o.o And I can hardly believe it xD This is beyond doubt one of the absolute most gorgeous worlds I have ever seen here! I can hardly wait for it to be released ^__^ Thank you, all of you, for doing this <3
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    sharonxyz wrote:
    oh, and Reach? I open the bidding on the boardwalk build (heh, one 'motherlode', I can do that...) :D

:mrgreen: You're on, Sharon! You may be the winner if there are no other bids.

@Jessabeans, Christine and Manssom - Thank you so very much for the wonderful comments and for visiting our world! :D

@Rukaya - Sylvie Dorsey is great and we are most thankful!

To just use the picture from your upload you can right-click on the image and Copy Image Location. (The wording may be slightly different from one browser to another.) Then you paste that same link in your post like this...
    [IMG]Image location (URL) goes here[/IMG]

Important Note

:!: We plan to run all the Sims and households through CUSTARD to make sure they are free of 3PCC but we have not yet had time to do that. We probably jumped the gun and should not have posted the bank of them until we had done so. (I forget sometimes that not everyone uses CUSTARD.) I have asked xSorcier to remove the Bank of Households temporarily until we have time to check them all. From here on out, we will add them to the bank only after they have been looked at in CUSTARD. This is for the "protection" of everyone's games. Thanks for understanding and I offer my apologies on that oversight.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I downloaded our entire Bank of Sims and Households to find only one Sim with 3PCC (Third Party Custom Content), so we have removed that one from the list for now. The Bank of Households has been returned to the first page and I have to say, you guys are doing a great job of keeping your uploads "clean" for those who do not use 3PCC. Thanks for that.

While we cannot take full responsibility for any problems with anyone's creations, we have checked all of the Sims and households on the list in CUSTARD but of course, we hope it is your own personal habit to check your content for yourself. Installing content without using CUSTARD is like playing Russian Roulette with your game. :wink::D
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for the info Reachsim. Will put it in my notebook. I see you already placed a picture in the bank list. thank you. :D I try to always test my uploads with Custard. What I need to remember is to test items when I download. Darn memory. :?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You're welcome, Rukaya. Glad to be of some help. :D

I wanted to mention that our world makes use of two lots made by friends that we have adapted to fit our theme. We thank them for their generosity in allowing us to upload modifications of these with our world. Here are links to the original versions of their lots:

Small Sheep Island Lighthouse by Yoda65 - known as Bad Sheep Lighthouse in our world, located on the main island

Apothecary Todd by KLorelei - known as Todd's Apothecary, next to the North Gate in the Badlands

And this is how you should find them in Côtes d'Ambonnay -

Bad Sheep Lighthouse

Bad+Sheep+Lighthouse.jpg

Todd's Apothecary

Todd%2527s+Apothecary.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Isabeau Vimont - No CC

by sharonxyz. No CC. Isabeau is a good-hearted and beautiful witch made especially for the Cotes d'Ambonnay World Project (by Reachsims and xSorcier) set in French Medieval Times. Isabeau has the goal of Renaissance Sim, making her a flexible inhabitant of this world. Please enjoy!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7962503

screenshot_original.jpg

Marye d'Ambonnay No CC

by sharonxyz. No CC. Marye is a French Medieval pirate made for the Cotes d'Ambonnay world project. Marye arrived in Cotes d'Ambonnay, decided to give up her life upon the sea, and promptly chose her surname. With her past, no one need know her former name. Her traits are brave, equestrian, hot-headed, kleptomaniac, and party animal. Her future is for you to decide, but whether fun, gallant, or naughty, she will be an interesting citiizen of the new world. Please Enjoy!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7962502

screenshot_original.jpg

• Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited January 2014
    er, I am SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED, dang. What a tremendous amount of work which has been put into this thing. :shock: REALLY amazing!!

um, bookmarked. hee hee :P

*looks at more pictures*

drools. me want all of it. Just thought I'd mention that! :wink: I'm so excited!!

*looks at even more pictures*

oh golly the wait is going to be painful. I NEED IT NOW. sorry, I have the patience of a gnat. :lol: good thing I didn't see any of this earlier, I would have gone completely nuts. Is it considered bad form to cry like a baby over this? :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ...Is it considered bad form to cry like a baby over this? :lol:
    samiam662 wrote:
    Oh, I just want to cry as this is so beautiful! You can't get closer to my heart than French medieval. I have definitely bookmarked this and cannot wait to see it develop! You get a BIG hug from me for this one. Yay!
    Reachsims wrote:
    And as for tears... when we finished this lot, The Docks at Sarlat, I cried.
    Pary wrote:
    I think I'm going to share a box of tissues with samiam, as they look so lovely, it makes me feel kinda teary.

I think you are in good company, Sticky, and I only shared snippets from three posts on the first page. Thanks so much for the Ooh-rah! :mrgreen:

SHARON! Thanks for the updated Sims! You already know I think they are lovely gals and will be wonderful to have in Côtes d'Ambonnay. *Hugs*
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh, I love the new peeks at the world *jumps up and down with a big smile*

Sharon, your simmies are gorgeous, as usual!

Here's Isolde

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7963488

original.jpg

The Legendary Isolde now resides in Cotes d'Ambonnay. She even has a beautiful garden named after her there. So famous is her beauty that male callers come from as far as Dragon Valley, just to get a glimpse of her. Has Isolde already fallen for a secret lover or will she find her soul mate in Cotes d'Ambonnay? Only time and your imagination will tell. Isolde has mastered the charisma, gardening and alchemy skills. CAP and 3PCC Free.
  • Options
    cewtsoulcewtsoul Posts: 143 Member
    edited January 2014
    I Absolutely Cannot wait to live and explore in this world. Outstanding Job!. I have a question... Is there a main castle in this world for the First families we choose? If not will there be a big open lot where we can place the castle of our choice?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Oh Brenna, Isolde is so beautiful! One would never know a meteor landed within miles of her...simply stunning :D

Now that Marye has completely lost her memory from the piracy on the seas and the sordid ship on which she arrived... Well, our widower, Michel Collier, the town's carpenter and talented sculptor will most certainly fall to his knees before her, begging for the honor of sculpting her in his finest masterpiece. Will he woo her or will she not even notice his lowly existence? Only time will tell...
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Sharon! I am so glad you like her. I bit my nails a bit over her. I wanted her to be just right and I hope she is.

I made her as a simmie too, just in case that appeals to some. You can see more of her clothing that way, too.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7963614

headshot_original.jpg

everyday_original.jpg

formalwear_original.jpg

sleepwear_original.jpg

atheletic_original.jpg

swimwear_original.jpg

Big Medieval hugs for all!!!

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Brenna! Isolde has a beautiful wardrobe, you made the best choices for style and color and of course her face and hair is perfection. Thank you for uploading her both ways! It's so great when a sim becomes fleshed out with skills, and it's also great to view an amazing wardrobe. Brava!!

I cannot believe how many surprises our dear Reach and xSorcier are pulling out in this world....Enchanted Forest, play castle, using Klorelei's Apothecary Todd cart and Yoda65's charming light house

So many treasures and their buidings are so amazing. I wish I could envision with that sort of scope, but just contributing in some way makes me feel so happy. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Suzanne de Villiers - No CC

by sharonxyz. No CC. Suzanne de Villiers is a single young woman made for the French Medieval World Cotes d'Ambonnay (by xSorcier and Reachsims). Suzanne has the traits: annimal lover, family-oriented, green thumb, loves the outdoors, and natural cook.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7965706#

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    xSorcierxSorcier Posts: 346 Member
    edited January 2014
    WOW! Just WOW at those amazing new sims!
    Brennachan, Isolde is a DIVA! I LOVE her :)
    sharonxyz, Suzanne is hot! :D Thank you for that jewel.

Thank you you both for those amazing sims, I'm most grateful for all your contributions to this project. You're turning Côtes d'Ambonnay into a much more fun world to play in.

As you may have noticed I've updated the Bank of Households list with a new arrangement. To make the post shorter we are now displaying all the creations sorted by creator in alphabetical order. Hope you like it that way :)

Cewtsoul, Welcome to our thread :) Thank you for your compliments on our work. We do have a castle in Badlands island and you'll also have a few empty lots available to place your own. We hope you'll enjoy playing in this world as much as we are enjoying to build it.
    *I recently changed my origin ID from levijeronimo to xSorcier.
  • Options
    ApplePolkaDotApplePolkaDot Posts: 298 Member
    edited January 2014
    I love the new household lay out.
    Its great that you are running each creation through custard.

Reachsims
    The Boardwalk looks so great.
    Lighthouse and Apothecary are fantastic. All these little looks make me want this world more and more.

sharonxyz
    Beautiful new sims each lady is very lovely.

Brennachan
    Isolde is beautiful, Love her hair color.

Finished up the 2 households I was working on.

Ehrenberg
    Married, Both are Skilled, She is a painter, He is in politics.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7966298
    original.jpg

Mizrahi
    Married, Both Skilled, She is a cook, with all known cooking recipes. He is a fisherman.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7966297
    original.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top