Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Côtes d'Ambonnay - a French Medieval World - FEATURED*

Comments

• Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited January 2014

Thanks, Reach. So far, so good; the Internet has been holding.
  • Options
    jbeach34jbeach34 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm normally a modern simmer myself, but I DO dabble in the medieval worlds on occasion! Well, I've been modern long enough and decided to travel thru time for a while. So I came to the exchange yesterday to find some goodies...

And MAN!!! The goodies I found!!!!!!!!!! One of the lots I found was Reach's chapel, and in reading the description, "Built with love and affection for the village of Armagnac in Cotes d'Ambonnay, a French Medieval world in the making by the team of xSorcier and Reach." I had to go on a search to find out what this was! Which, obviously, led me to this forum!!!

I sat here at my desk from around 1pm till almost 4am!!!!! Reading and following links and soaking everything all up!!!!! :shock:

I am SOOOOOOO excited for the release of this new world!!!!! (And I haven't had to wait nothin' compared to what others have had to! :lol: ) I can't recall any other custom world that looks half as AMAZING as Cotes d'Ambonnay does!!!
    Thank you BOTH for the time and effort (and PATIENCE!) that you've put into such a beautiful new world!!! *HUGZ!*
  • Options
    edited January 2014

jbeach34, you should try Al Medina then if you're looking for REALLY stunning, beautiful worlds. :wink: :thumbup:

Exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7725043

Forum link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/640151.page
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks Jodi! You're right that really is a beautiful world! But I'm not all that much for SAND!!! :!: It just gets in places that sand was NEVER meant to be!!! :hunf:

My ultimate 'dream' world would be a medieval 'Scottish Highlands' world!!! That incorporates all the EPs in some way...well...maybe not ITF. (?) And I would REALLY love to find some DRs for vehicles!!! (Oh! Hexameter!!! Where are you?!?!?!)
    Cause the stupid yellow taxis just kill it for me and I quickly go back to modern where taxis actually belong! :P And walking just takes waaaaaayyyy too long! lol

But I have found a few interesting and beautiful medieval worlds that I've DL'ed, just haven't gotten to look into yet! (That's where I'm off to a little later today! :-) )
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Haha yeah sand. :thumbup: You're welcome. Ooh hit me with the links to those worlds; I am always interested in worlds! :D

Scottish world? How about this one if you haven't already downloaded it? This one is kinda close. Kinda. :):wink:

Exchange link: http://au.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6316863

Forum link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/423162.page

And oh yeah, have a ball when you go Simming later! (:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks again Jodi! That too is a beautiful world!

Have you seen Praaven? GORG-E-OUS!!!

And GlenDonnach - The Scottish Highlands is another really pretty world, unfortunately, the pics aren't showing up now. :( (They musta been when I DL'ed it...or I wouldn't have DL'ed! :D )

Regardless, I don't want to hijack this thread!!! So, I just wanted to add that I really like the idea of adding the sims I want to this world! But, how exactly would one do that?
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi jbeach34,

Just wanted to let you know that Cotes d'Ambonnay will have many empty homes and some empty lots, so once you install the new world, it works like an EA world: just have sims you like move into empty homes (if they cannot afford the home you like, use the cheat code: freerealestate) and then you can play that household. The town has rabbitholes and activities like EA worlds, so your sims of choice can find jobs, find friends, get married, etc.

What's fun here is that the households on this thread to download are costumed in authentic and/or fun ways so it can be a different looking world. The quality of the houses and the detail and the world itself will be much prettier though than anything EA has made!

Hope this helps,
    Sharon
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Thanks, jbeach34! (: Stop hijacking this thread, JodiRebby! :P

It is! It is gorgeous.
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited January 2014
    I love the sneak peek screenshot! I see Isolde is using some of her charisma skill to chat up a fellow Medieval sim. :D

Apple your new firefighters are gorgeous!

sharonxyz -- I love your new households!

I am still working on my monks. They are taking longer than I thought.

It's snowing here in Atlanta. So, it might just be a good day to stay in and sim. Woot!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Hump day!

Medieval Hugs for all!
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited January 2014
    Jbeach - Welcome! Glad to have another super excited follower! :mrgreen: To add one thing to what Sharon mentioned, Sims and Sim households are added to homes from the Edit Town mode. This way, you have personal population control of your world. It's easy and takes just a few minutes.

Sharon, thanks for filling her in. Also, thank you for double checking our Bank of Households in CUSTARD to be sure we have not missed something!

Brenna, Isolde is a lot of fun to play and she enjoyed that party. She loves to dance. I know that picture wasn't so great but I was happy to see a party generated by normal game mechanics. No rush on the monks! STAY WARM! I know we both are at about 13 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 10.5 Celsius).

It's another day for testing Côtes d'Ambonnay so you all have fun! Great big Medieval Hugs to all! :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks Sharon, Jodi and Reach! *HUGZ!*

And Please, call me G-Knee! lol I signed up with EA loooong before I had a decent 'name'! LOL!

I agree Brenna! Those firefighters are HAWT!!! smiley-face-drool.gif
  • Options
    ApplePolkaDotApplePolkaDot Posts: 298 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am so glad you all like the firefighter.

Reach.
    So glad Jacob showed up to save the day. Yes he is quite the charmer that one. I have never gotten so much fan mail from townies as I did with that household. The gifts those boys received. :)

Two New ones
    One from the list

Lafitte
    Brother and Sister. Each is in the early stages of the medical profession. He is also very musical and had learned every song you can play on the bass.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7984660
    original.jpg

One not from the list but I fell in love with Jovan when he was a toddler, oh my goodness you should of see him those ears on a toddler. I wanted to pinch his cheeks. :)

De La Lune
    Woodland Fairies Jovan and his little one Katina. Jovan loves to garden and is working as an Alchemist. He carries many perfect plants.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7984659
    original.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    G-Knee - I will try to remember that! Cute play on a name. I know all about "the wrong name" for a website. I actually had an account here with just the name of Reach but I could not access it (yet someone from Russia later used the same name). I had to open a second account with a new name. :roll:

Apple - Love the new households and thank you again! They will be great for Côtes d'Ambonnay! It's nice to have some more Sims in the medical profession and the fact that the Lafittes are brother and sister means that they are singles and should be good marriage material! :XD:

EmpressPamela created Legolas Greenleaf from Lord of the Rings and she gave us permission to add him to our Bank of Households.

original.jpg

Testing on the world is going very well and I can't publish any promises but the Beta should be available soon, for anyone who wishes to help with testing. At this point, I want to say, "All hands on deck... please!" :wink:

I hope not too many of you are buried under snow and to our friends down under, I hope things cool off for you soon!

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Oh Apple, such beautiful households! You are amazing!

Yay for Empress Pamela! I already claimed Legolas for my game and he does fit so well :)

Reach, your work is going along so well, I am so excited! I've been dabbling in my game, wanting my system running at its best as I await the BETA :mrgreen:

Brenna, I have this feeling that your Monk household will appear just in time for the BETA, just a feeling...but I'm not rushing you, I just know how wonderful you are making this household!! REally loving your Avi by the way :D

Reach, for testing purposes, is your primary concern routing by horseback? Among any other things that one might notice. Your perfectionism (and xSorcier fo course) is legendary
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    sharonxyz wrote:
    Reach, your work is going along so well, I am so excited! I've been dabbling in my game, wanting my system running at its best as I await the BETA :mrgreen:

Reach, for testing purposes, is your primary concern routing by horseback? Among any other things that one might notice. Your perfectionism (and xSorcier fo course) is legendary

Sharon, thank you. You bring up some good topics for brief discussion.

Some of the things we can do to insure our game runs at optimal performance is to use a defrag tool regularly. I prefer Auslogics D*I*S*K Defrag which is free and you can Google it to find it. (It is a stand alone defragger.) I use it almost daily but always after every Microsoft Update and after every installation or uninstallation of ANYTHING on my PC, including when drivers are updated and including when I install a new purchase from The Sims 3 Store.

Another thing I do before I open my game, every time, is to delete the WorldCaches files and the scriptCache.package. When anything is added or removed from the Mods folder, the scriptCache.package must be deleted again. Every time.

Limiting or reducing Store content is helpful but I leave that up to the individual. I have removed from my game all the stuff I don't use. If I need it later, it's saved to my PC for possible use. I'm not relying on the Store to always be there. It won't be.

~~~~~

Next, testing is mainly concerned with routing by Sims. I highly recommend no one places households with horses in their game UNLESS one is going to play that household. Unfortunately, the horses from Pets cause a lot of route failures when they are not the active household. Also, because Pets is installed, the AI will choose any random house for the adoption center for various animals - my current testing game has two men in a one bedroom starter in the middle of the Badlands with two horses, thanks to AI "intelligence." The men are fine but those two horses throw a lot of route failures. :roll:

Any future world xSorcier and I build will include space for horses but will not be built with Pets installed.

Lastly, even though we are safely under the maximum threshold for Store content and well under the limit for total lot count, we are a little over the limit for the amount of lots that EIG can handle in CAW which has caused errors in saving which meant that the routing of dozens of lots was broken and all these lots had to be replaced. As we locate and replace these "broken lots" the game runs smoother. xSorcier plans to have the last Alpha exported tonight or tomorrow for the last of our lasting. The Beta should follow soon after that, for anyone willing to help test.

Note to potential testers: Testing experience is not required. To just play the game and tell us how it runs is helpful.

For a count, we are under 200 lots with about 30 of them remaining empty. We will consider doing a lite version and releasing it following the release of Côtes d'Ambonnay in all its glory if there is a significant demand. We want everyone to be able to play this world who would like to so we will look at what we might do to accomplish that if necessary - performing the painful task of bulldozing some of our homes for this purpose. It would be nice to reduce the world file size by 20 - 35% for those with older PCs. We can't make any promises but it's open to consideration.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Reach, thank you for all the insights. The defrag app is one I will acquire; WIN8 has been a bit of a mystery to me in terms of basic computer maintenance.

You are not the only one who has advised me to delete world caches. I do so with store worlds always. I seem to have an issue with user made CAW worlds and their cache files; by deleting the cache I have many a time uninstalled the world itself. Is this something familiar to you?

I try to clean any caches I can and have to reboot often with the sims, as a play session expands so much it's amazing. I have 10 GB ram now and I see the game take all it can. I have a setting whereas I allocate part of my hard drive (which has tons of room) for extra RAM; in time, ESPECIALLY in CAS and build/buy mode (where I spend a lot oftime) I need to turn the game off and reboot and clean in the midst of making a big household. Two fully tweaked and clad sims created and the game session has to take a time out.

Sometimes I wish an EP could be used at an options setting as a SP; Pets has so much great content, but sometimes the wild horses take over. I have been showered lately with Unicorns; seems like a lucky sign, in a way. Yet they are the highest maintenance animal in Pets...beautiful Divas. With a wild horse entourage. Always.

I know nothing about the making of a save file, but does it allow for some lots to be inserted via the file? I wish I knew more.

So sims on foot routing seems to be the primary issue. I will remember.

Reach, you have more patience in your little finger than I have possessed my entire life. :)
  • Options
    17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    edited January 2014
    As it is getting close to Beta time, I thought I had better un-lurk to say that I've been watching this thread with great interest. I'd be happy to give it a try when you're in need of Beta testers.
    You're creating a gorgeous world!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Before I forget, a hearty welcome to 17mars and thank you so very much for offering to help with testing! *Big hugs* from both xSorcier and me!

Sharon, I have never uninstalled a world by deleting the WorldCaches and I have never heard of that either. :shock: We can discuss that further. Might be something wrong somewhere. I hesitate to use the term, operator error, so I won't.

You might consider creating your Sims/households in a tiny world to save on resources. I can recommend Builder's World by Armiel, available at Mod The Sims and there's another one here at the Exchange that I use just for CAS, called CAS Mini World. The creator posted a thread here in the CAW forum about it a few months ago but I can't locate in on Google. I can, however, send it to you. It's only 2634 KB. :mrgreen: That should help you out tremendously.

I definitely wish we had settings in-game to simply disengage an EP! :cry: I lack the patience to play this game without NRaas' Register to turn off all strays and the paparazzi, just to name a two sources of great personal irritation. :roll:

If anyone is encouraged to know, xSorcier is building this world with only 6 GB RAM and I have even less at 4 GB, having made the less than optimal decision to go with HDD instead of an SSD when my son built this rig for me. So, that should be good news for those with older PCs. We're in the same boat with you. I am due for a new rig this year and can hardly wait! But in the meantime, the creation of Côtes d'Ambonnay and its testing has all been performed on PCs at 6 GB and 4 GB RAM.

A Save File allows for corrections, additions of lots or modifications, etc...

Sims movement of any kind (be it on foot or in vehicles) and Sim interaction with both content and the environment are the main focus when we look for routing problems.

Thanks, Sharon. We are trying.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am guilty also of not defragging my computer. I have that on the list for tonight. If you want any other world testers, you can add me to the list and I will be pleased to test the beta version of the world.

Can't wait to play in this world, it looks amazing!
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited January 2014
    Reachsims wrote:
    Before I forget, a hearty welcome to 17mars and thank you so very much for offering to help with testing! *Big hugs* from both xSorcier and me!

Sharon, I have never uninstalled a world by deleting the WorldCaches and I have never heard of that either. :shock: We can discuss that further. Might be something wrong somewhere. I hesitate to use the term, operator error, so I won't.

You might consider creating your Sims/households in a tiny world to save on resources. I can recommend Builder's World by Armiel, available at Mod The Sims and there's another one here at the Exchange that I use just for CAS, called CAS Mini World. The creator posted a thread here in the CAW forum about it a few months ago but I can't locate in on Google. I can, however, send it to you. It's only 2634 KB. :mrgreen: That should help you out tremendously.

I definitely wish we had settings in-game to simply disengage an EP! :cry: I lack the patience to play this game without NRaas' Register to turn off all strays and the paparazzi, just to name a two sources of great personal irritation. :roll:

If anyone is encouraged to know, xSorcier is building this world with only 6 GB RAM and I have even less at 4 GB, having made the less than optimal decision to go with HDD instead of an SSD when my son built this rig for me. So, that should be good news for those with older PCs. We're in the same boat with you. I am due for a new rig this year and can hardly wait! But in the meantime, the creation of Côtes d'Ambonnay and its testing has all been performed on PCs at 6 GB and 4 GB RAM.

A Save File allows for corrections, additions of lots or modifications, etc...

Sims movement of any kind (be it on foot or in vehicles) and Sim interaction with both content and the environment are the main focus when we look for routing problems.

Thanks, Sharon. We are trying.

wow I am so impressed with how much love is going into this world! :D After having just installed Island Paradise last week, I feel like I'm still "beta testing" that one, so am REALLY looking forward to playing with something that's already basically "done"!! wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!! <3

Seriously hope you are having a grand ole time building it!! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    A couple more sims to populate Cotes d'Ambonnay world project:

Bonne Jolie - No CC

by sharonxyz. No CC. Bonne is a kind servant girl who has just become a young woman. Her traits are green thumb, natural cook, neat, shy, and hopeless romantic. Her goal is Culinary Librarian...but finding friends and perhaps that special someone would be very nice as well. For world project Cotes d'Ambonay by Reachsims and xSorcier. Enjoy!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7990801

screenshot_original.jpg

Sebastian Larcher - No CC

by sharonxyz. No CC. Sebastian, a former pirate, is debonair, handsome, and evil to the core. His goal is to be a Gold Digger. So all ye fine ladies of Cotes d'Ambonnay had best beware. He may be evil and mean-spirited, but is also athletic, irrestistible, and flirty. He will desire you, but also desire your ghost with your wealth to be his and all his. A sim for the French Medieval world Cotes d'Ambonnay by Reachsims and xSorcier. Enjoy...with caution.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7990824

screenshot_original.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2014
    A bit of fun trivia (well, fun for me LOL): Bonne and Sebastian are siblings, separated long ago. They are the off-spring of Michelle Vimont (Isabeau's sister) and Liam Kerry, my wife's young adult sim who she raised from childhood. Michelle is not uploaded, but Liam is on oiswise's studio.

I need to start keeping notes as to my family trees in my collection; I disable memories and hop worlds often, so no one knows who is related to whom!! :shock:

n.b. Neither sim is wearing make-up. Why can't I have those eyelashes naturally?!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    WOW!!! Such drama in your hoods Sharon! LOL! And they're both sooo beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Sharon, thank you again for the new Sims and the drama I'm sure Sebastian will add to our world.

And thank goodness we have mascara! :XD:

~~~~~

And some Good News... the Beta is in testing. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited February 2014
    Reachsims how exciting. :D When can we dl it? Am so looking forward to testing. Still trying to decide which of the beautiful simms I am going to add to my collection and place in it.
    My Son-in-law was diagnosed with 4 blocked coronary arteries so am very concerned. Haven't heard yet when he will have surgery. playing the sims is a good way for me to relax. We are all praying that all will be well. Sorry to go off topic. All good thoughts and prayers would be welcomed.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top