Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Côtes d'Ambonnay - a French Medieval World - FEATURED*

Comments

• Options
    CelestiAliCatCelestiAliCat Posts: 1,191 Member
    edited January 2014
    How lovely! Thank you ApplePolkaDot for pointing me here. I became very curious after seeing her uploads. There are so many wonderful creations here. I look forward to seeing the finished world. :D<3

*thread bookmarked*

*Rec'd the front page links and pinkoranges creations*
  • Options
    ApplePolkaDotApplePolkaDot Posts: 298 Member
    edited January 2014
    Reachsims
    Thank you. I have been having so much fun making sims for this beautiful world.
    So excited you got 3 done tonight. Love the name of the vampire lounge, its perfect.

Brennachan
    The Fishmongers is awesome, love that you made a fishing family. You have such great ideas.

Caterberry
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7932051
    original.jpg"width=400"
    Noble couple, are skilled.

WaterWells
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7932052
    original.jpg"width=400"
    Fairy Sisters, Skilled.

Have a great weekend all.
  • Options
    xSorcierxSorcier Posts: 346 Member
    edited January 2014
    What great new sims we have here! Thank you very much for your new contributions, Brennachan and ApplePolkaDot. The Fishmongers have the scent of authenticity and the WaterWells fairies family is AWESOME! :XD:

Welcome to our thread, Pinkoranges! :) Your sims are really nice; thank you very much for sharing them with us. I've already added them to the Bank of Households.

CelestiAliCat - a warm welcome to you too; thank you for taking the time to leave rec's for our creations. That is always so appreciated by the creators. As my friend Reach says, "Rec's are like thank you's from those who enjoy and/or download our work."

Today I have a residential lot to share with you, The Dark Fairy's House. This one was built by me and decorated by my friend Reach; it was built for the Badlands and is going to be available in Cotês d'Ambonnay.

Hope you like it - you can see more pics on the download page.

"This little gem comes with two bedrooms and two baths or perhaps it's one bedroom with a nice room to spare for getting into mischief. Nicely furnished but minimally decorated for you to make it your own for under 38K. By xSorcier for Cotes d'Ambonnay. CUSTARD clean - no 3PCC."

roof_up_original.jpgl2wd_original.jpg

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7933428

A great weekend to you all! :D
    *I recently changed my origin ID from levijeronimo to xSorcier.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2014
    Wow, VERY nice work! From everyone actually, love the sims that have been contributed as well. And congratulations on getting your apartment featured, Reachsims! :-)

I lurk in this thread quite a bit even though I don't always comment, but just wanted everyone to know how fabulous this is looking and how much I am looking forward to playing it when it's finished. :thumbup:
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2015
    Pinkoranges and ApplePolkaDot - thanks so much for the newest submissions of Sims! :mrgreen: *HUGS* and thanks also to CelestiAliCat and Tangie for supporting our work!

I promised you all that this was a working weekend and I don't know how many lots we completed so perhaps, my friend xSorcier can come up with the number.

But we want to show pictures most of all!

Seriously, Beauregard Castle will forever be a work in progress but we have done with it what we will, for now. Here's the entrance to the castle. The building just left of it is The Devil's Lair - zoned as a sports bar.

Castle+Entrance.jpg

And a side view of our little castle -

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-VTSQxfQtBpE/UtMcsZAcjiI/AAAAAAAAAps/0ah53PXPfn8/w700-h623-no/The+Castle+-+a+side+view.jpg[/img]

The Bloody Mary Vampire Bar - :XD:

The+Bloody+Mary.jpg

The Graveyard with one Deathfish spawner -

The+Graveyard.jpg

The Badlands at Night - (Dragon Cave removed for painting)

Badlands+at+Night.jpg

:!: And the news that is fit to print --> We have one lot left to build in the Badlands. We have left a few for you to play with and some larger ones in the forest for whatever your hearts desire. :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Reachsims on
  • Options
    edited January 2014

:!: Good news update!

With what xSorcier and I accomplished this weekend, it looks like testing for Côtes d'Ambonnay will begin sometime in February
    . :mrgreen:

This weekend we completed the library, the graveyard, the castle and two bars in the Badlands along with a couple other minor decorative lots with one lot left to build there. We have maybe ten or less lots left to build in the entire world and then we will do some of the other fun stuff, finishing a few details and odd little bits of things. We are also going to set a range of Beautiful Vista designations for many of the lots where we feel this applies.
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited January 2014
    Amazing work!! So quick and so perfect!!

Reach, I adore beautiful vista lots...I have no doubt that Armagnac Manor applies! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited January 2014
    Reachsims wrote:
    :!: Good news update!

With what xSorcier and I accomplished this weekend, it looks like testing for Côtes d'Ambonnay will begin sometime in February
    . :mrgreen:

This weekend we completed the library, the graveyard, the castle and two bars in the Badlands along with a couple other minor decorative lots with one lot left to build there. We have maybe ten or less lots left to build in the entire world and then we will do some of the other fun stuff, finishing a few details and odd little bits of things. We are also going to set a range of Beautiful Vista designations for many of the lots where we feel this applies.

Really excited to hear the next stage of this world! Can't wait to get this thing in my computer to try it out! ^_^

(Been Lurking whenever I get the chance)
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am so thrilled to see the latest additions and hear that Côtes d'Ambonnay is nearing completion! The castle is wonderful! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Love the new builds. Oh my goodness the castle.
    I am drooling. So excited to hear testing maybe starting in February. :)

Did up 2 new households
    Knights
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7940124
    original.jpg"width=400"
    Figured could use some single guys in town. Skilled

Windham
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7940125
    original.jpg"width=400"
    Moms just starting out in the gardening Career and Dad is a nectar maker. Skilled
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Girard Family, French Medieval Farmers - No CC

by sharonxyz. No CC. The Girards have been created for the new CAW world, Cotes d'Ambonnay by xSorcier and Reachsims. A farming household with a tight famly bond, all have several skills at various levels and several lifetime rewards. Besides the two parents who wish to be Surrounded by Family, there are two teenage twin boys, two child twin boys, a child girl, and a beloved famly dog. I love this family and hope you do too.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7940138#

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MonaLisaJonesMonaLisaJones Posts: 126 Member
    edited January 2014
    This is going to be just stunning! I'm so excited for your project and all who are contributing!
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited January 2014

Like Tangie, I too have been following this thread without commenting. I have seen some incredible work so very well done!!

Reach, whatever you chose to do is fine with me; just hoping that the castle that wouldn't be furnished might be furnished if possible (I want the Reachsims/xSorcier style haha!). Plus I would probably have no idea how to decorate it. :oops:

And thanks for the pics! Because I wanted to see pictures haha. :mrgreen:

Really excited about your progress now. :P

• Options
    PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited January 2014
    WOW! :shock: How have I not made it in here before?! This world is FABULOUS! I am in total awe! FABULOUS! GREAT work, guys! Bravo!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    sharonxyz wrote:
    Reach, I adore beautiful vista lots...I have no doubt that Armagnac Manor applies! :mrgreen:
    Sharon, the Armagnac Manor most certainly deserves (and sits upon) a most excellent vista and so this one's for you, the greatest fan and supporter of this build in this version and its former glory as the Battersea Merchant's House. *HUGS* with a lot of gratitude for your longstanding support! Thank you so very much for your support in the promotion of this lot. It means a lot to me. This lot represents one of my personal lifetime bests in terms of authenticity which is the thing I strive for most of all.

Chris (AznSensei) - Thanks so much for checking in, especially knowing your schedule is so tight right now!

Sam - Glad you like it and many thanks, again.

ApplePolkaDot - We are floored at your continual contributions! Love the new Sims! We welcome all eye candy and probably are short some regular Sims so these are most welcome.

Sharon - Again.. the Girard family is just perfect for Côtes d'Ambonnay and we just love the dog! YAY! The shortage of normal Sims just went down another notch. :XD:

MonaLisaJones - Thank you and welcome to Côtes d'Ambonnay! :mrgreen:

I'm out of time and will have to finish responses later. Jodi - you're up next. Thanks again to everyone!
  • Options
    pinkorangespinkoranges Posts: 70 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for the welcome. :)

here is a new household
    Cuevas
    CC Free and No Store
    A family who loves horses have riding skill.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7942330#
    original.jpg

Wow, is all I can say about all the new contributions and the new builds. I will have tons of fun decorating that castle.
  • Options
    xSorcierxSorcier Posts: 346 Member
    edited January 2014
    Let me give you a hand Reach ;)

JodiRebby - Thank you for posting! You're welcome to post anytime you want to. I'm glad you've been following our progress and that you're please with our work, we've been having a lot of fun :D About the Castle, we will consider about uploading a furnished version of it after the world is released. The castle is furnished enough to begin playing in it but we did not do all the recoloring. Since there are dozens of rooms, we have left many for the player to determine their use, if any. A player may have to have a very powerful PC to play the castle lot loaded with decor and furnishings...so we have left much of it empty.

PsychoChick - WELCOME :D thank you for your GREAT words! are you wanting to contribute to our Bank of Households?

Pinkoranges - Again! :) One more wonderful family and it has horses as well, we'll all need some families with horses in Côtes d'Ambonnay.

Talking about horses, have a look on those screenshots of the work we did yesterday.

Royal Training Grounds
    Home of the Cotes d'Ambonnay Royal Jousting Tournaments and Equestrian Training Grounds. Host of the Cotes d'Ambonnay Summer Festival on the Grounds.

Screenshot-11.jpg"width=700"

Screenshot-12.jpg"width=700"
    *I recently changed my origin ID from levijeronimo to xSorcier.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Paysant Family with Horses - No CC

by sharonxyz. No CC. Jacques and Catherine Paysant are a recently married couple hoping to start a family and a new life in the upcoming French Medieval world Cotes d'Ambonnay (by xSorcier & Reachsims). With 2 horses (siblings Yves and Yvette), a bit of nice produce to start a garden, a little skill each in equestrian, gardening, angling, and cooking, and a small nest egg to buy a new home, they hope to make their dreams come true. Enjoy!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7942850#

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    xSorcier, the Equestrian Grounds are exquisite, as is every aspect of this project. Apparently I uploaded a family with horses at the exact right time :D

I am in awe of yours and Reach's work. Amazing!
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited January 2014
    Here's my latest household for this project.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7943094

original.jpg

The De La Nuit Girls are a gang of young women who pickpocket (cutpurse) by day and become painted ladies by night. They have the same lifetime wish -- to become Master Romancers and have the lifetime reward of Master of Seduction. They have have mastered riding, have a level 6 skill in charisma and mixology, and a level 3 skill in athletic. Each lady de la nuit has a get-away horse with mastered skills. CAP and 3PCC free.
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am in LOVE with all the new households! Went through and recd all and favd some. So wonderful!!!

Loving the new builds, of course!

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Medieval Hugs for all!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Brenna and PinkOranges:

Great households, rec'd! Looks like our riders and equine are going to have some fun at the new Royal Training Grounds :D
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    PsychoChick! - How good to see you! Welcome and thanks for checking out our world. :mrgreen:

PinkOranges, Sharon and Brenna! wub.gif Thank you all so very much for these wonderful Sims! *Big Medieval Hugs* is right! Beautiful work from all of you and again, we are most thankful. We are in love with the new households, for certain!

xSorcier was wanting me to share a few pictures and give you another status update so here we go...

Here is a glimpse of The Lake where you might enjoy a bit of fishing most of the year and ice skating when it freezes over. That is a covered bridge in the foreground.

The+Lake+-+1.jpg

This is as large as we could make the lake because of other needs for the lot and the mountainous terrain. We tried to keep this mountain lake as natural as possible.

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-TAfO-Iurs-k/UtcYi_VqM9I/AAAAAAAAAtU/El2GyeRjX6k/w700-h517-no/The+Lake+-+2.jpg[/img]

From the small island of Beauharnais... this is Heaven on Earth, our Spa Rabbit Hole.

Heaven+on+Earth+-+The+Spa+at+Beauharnais.jpg

And near to the spa, one will find what is most certainly not an overdone EA Rabbit Hole. Introducing The Whyte Knight, our Exclusive Lounge... (Beauharnais has its own color scheme and emerging theme and we know when you take your Sims on a bit of a holiday a change is nice.)

The+Whyte+Knight.jpg

:!: Last, but not least --> We only have about five lots left to build and a couple beach lots to throw a grill or something on so we are definitely on target for testing in February.
    Post edited by Reachsims on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Let me just pick my jaw up off the floor at the new builds.
    The lake looks amazing, the spa is beautiful,the training grounds are awesome and the Lounge so medieval classy.
    Feeling like a little kid at christmas ripping tiny pieces of paper off the best gift ever.

Fanatics new households Bren, Pink and Sharon. Its great they all have horses.

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    edited January 2014
    I haven't posted here in this thread but just wanted to say that your world is looking so very great! :) It will be such a special place for sims to live in!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top