Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need a boyfriend

My sim is a romantic and new to town so know no one. Sure I could take her around town to meet guys I guess, but she has a toddler at home and I am lazy. I wonder if there is not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in the game or a crystal ball you can buy to find a date???

Comments

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    What about the wishing well? If you have the romantic garden stuff pack. You can wish for romance and your sim’s soulmate might appear. Or, of course, something more unpleasant might happen!
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Grab the first guy passing by on the street.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited July 2018
    The wishing well is a good bet, if your lucky you may get a ghost boyfriend. Good for storytelling :wink:

Edit: Probably best outcome would be getting the ultimate pick up line that way you could choose who your sim falls in love with.
  • Options
    kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    I only have base game and backyard stuff so does that mean no wishing well for me? I go out and meet guys going by but they so far are all married or too young. At this rate she will be an old maid.
  • Options
    Yeah, that means no wishing well for you :/ Best keep your eyes open or download a guy from the community gallery :)

• Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I usually download some 'townies' from the gallery and place them in the world. I don't give them a lot or anything just put them in the game so they will wander around and my Sims can meet them. My game doesn't generate enough young adult townies of different genetics - so I feel like I have to do this.
  • Options
    Matthenry22Matthenry22 Posts: 7 New Member
    You should select someone for yourself. Enjoy the time. :)
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    or you can create a sim, move him in a house , and have your sim "run" into him :)
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    Ok I put three hot guys form the gallery into a house to play and sent them over to meet both other households I play. The family guy and her on slowly on their way to getting to know each other. I like the idea of putting some I choice into the world without a home just to fill my other sims needs. Thanks but I still wish there was a mod, cheat or something. LOL
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2018
    kamra19610 wrote: »
    Ok I put three hot guys form the gallery into a house to play and sent them over to meet both other households I play. The family guy and her on slowly on their way to getting to know each other. I like the idea of putting some I choice into the world without a home just to fill my other sims needs. Thanks but I still wish there was a mod, cheat or something. LOL

Sadly the wishing well is your best bet for blind dates and you don't have that pack. We need an online dating feature in TS4. It's too bad you don't have City Living. Sometimes your sim can meet sim townies at the romance festival. With Get Together you can have your sims hook up their friends with another sim.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited July 2018
    kamra19610 wrote: »
    I like the idea of putting some I choice into the world without a home just to fill my other sims needs. Thanks but I still wish there was a mod, cheat or something. LOL

Not sure f you know, but you can move any household from the gallery or CAS into a vacant (or not) lot and then using Manange Worlds you can “Evict” them. Play them for a second or so and the game recognises them as “Played” (I think) re: culling.
    Anyhow, what I know works for me for sure is evicting them and then they act as townies. They will absolutely show up around town.

• Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    You could go to the library and see if the librarian is a hot dude.
  • Options
    You could go to the library and see if the librarian is a hot dude.

They never are :o

• Options
    ZedieZedie Posts: 38 Member
    Power move: get a girlfriend instead.
  • Options
    Catloverplayer- that sounds good
    Nindigo- of course no hottie would be in the libreary. But my guys went to the gym and met lots of ladies, just not the one I wanted them to meet until I found that I could click on her home and have them visit. I am learning what I can do slowly. Sims 4 seems to be a pretty good mix of sims 2 and 3. I love the toddlers the whole reason I never had the sims 4 before now.
    LauraJones_ Thanks I thought might be a good idea till Ninigo pointed out that no luck there.
    Zedie- LOL, not her, but one of the 3 guys I just put in the game from gallery had the want to flirt with one of the other guys. I might let him so long as the family guy hooks up with my lady sim.

I am well on my way thanks to all of you. Learning and wishing there were more cool hacks/mods like in sims 2 but over all having fun with sims 4.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    oh if you are not against mods littlemssam has made a dating app mod that allows blind dates
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Sims dating app mod also allow you to build a romantic relationship online without leaving your lot.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    There are plenty of hot female and male sims on the gallery.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    My male sims have no trouble finding their future partners but my female sims struggle. Now I place a bachelor townhouse and fill it with eligible singles. Then I let my female sim choose.
  • Options
    That is what I ended up doing, getting three guys from gallery and putting in a house. Now Amelia Wills has married Tyrone Carter, but she ended up pg first by chance on their first woohoo. I have MCCC but something must not be set right, LOL I am only playing two females right now and the first got pregnant and had twins, now Amelia is pregnant with triplets. She had to find a bigger house because she already has a little girl named Myla. (from gallery) But I want that dating mod for sure and going looking for it now. Thaks all my problem is solved for this sim gal.