Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Sim Obsessed Are You?

elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
Hey all!

I am very busy at the moment doing a little over-the-top activity :D I am doing a Sims OneNote booklet, divided into section groups for each world, then each section group is divided into sections for each family that lives in that world, and then each family is divided into pages for the members of that family etc.

Each family member gets a profile picture and details about the sim on their page, which I will update during rotational play if I end up playing that particular family. This pic shows my starting details, which I will add to:

OneNote.JPG?dl=0

Anyway, my OH was questioning my madness at undertaking such a task (why would you do such a thing?) and I got curious as to what other simmers get up to outside of the game, but to do with the game. Anyone got anything to share? :D

Do please share pics of your 'projects' if you can!

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited July 2018
    I spend a lot of time in the forums during (real life) ‘seasons’ while I’m playing/obsessed. Both in the general discussion and legacy/story forum.
    I have a Story/Blog

I also keep a physical notebook. It is headed by week and a Sim name.
    I keep track of Skills, Career, Major Relationships, Clubs and Ambitions. I am on my tablet and away from the game and the notebook right now but I can try add a picture later if you’re really interested. :p
    Post edited by NRowe on
  • Options
    MingoondeMingoonde Posts: 4 New Member
    I know it's little creepy, but I've created my friends and coworkers in the Sims world and awarded them with grand houses and decent amount of money. I can't post pictures of them because I'm pretty good at making clones of real people. My sims are really look a lot like them in the real world lmao.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    That is amazing!

I have notebooks. A list of my households in rotation order then a list in age order. I have flash cards so I know who ages up next, who is married to who and who are the parents and siblings of the others. I just had one die and now I am getting concerned his existence may be forgotten. When they die I have moved the flashcards over to a seperately wallet. Don't want to throw them out!!

I have a second notebook with future plans, who will be marrying who in the next generation or what their plans will be.

My OH also thinks I am crazy haha...
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I believe if I wasn't so heavy into my RL family Genealogy, I'd be doing something similar. I know I created pages upon pages to note achievements along the way for Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, which I took. I knew way back in Sims2, I wouldn't be able to accurately recall all the points-worthy stuff after ten generations of play. So, I made charts and tables, if you will, so that all I had to do was check a box or fill it in or make a hash mark for how many. I also had a fairly detailed page for each Heir to include the wife and/or mother of the children and the names and birth order of said children. It was crazy-insane, but I loved it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I used excel to make a calendar like the one that came with seasons and I added all the birthdays and holidays from all of my save games to it. It's like a calendar of all of my saves all together. I have no idea why I did it, but it was really fun to make.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I play the sims a little TOO much but I also find I can spend hours on the forums too
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Rushing into finishing important RL stuff so i can finally play the sims again.
    Wishing that a social event would end, so i can play.
    I do not mind staying a whole week (or more) locked inside my house, playing and ignoring everything else :p

When i was a teen, i used to skip some serious amounts of days after each other to just play the sims. It kind of damaged my school results... badly.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @NRowe yes, I really would be interested in seeing your notebook, if you have a moment for a pic. I have already seen your story/blog in the past, though I would mention that the link above does not work for me.
    @Mingoonde I seriously would be freaked out about doing that :D
    @Cherryrose_x that sounds awesome, just my cup of tea!
    @Evie0602 I have no idea why I'm doing this either, but it is a lot of fun. I enjoy doing stuff like this probably almost as much as I enjoy playing the actual game.

Edit: corrected grammar
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    That's cool mostly it's just hanging around the forums jumping into random threads for me I once considered making a simblr but I didn't think anyone would read it. So I squashed that idea and just post here knowing at least someone will take a look ah sims I didn't get to play as long as some losing my computer but once you're happy being a simmer always a simmer I've played a lot from console, pc and handheld so yeah <3 the sims. I have to do something with them when I'm not playing.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    My Sim obsession is mostly in catching myself all the time in public thinking "Ooo - you'd make an interesting Sim!" and hoping I didn't say it out loud.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Fixed the typo in the blog link.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2018
    As I love to create storylines while playing, I once tried to create a "character guide" with pictures of the sim and a short description and their role in the stories. Just things you also see on the web in wikias for shows or books. However, I never really got to finish it.

ETA: I also thought about creating a blog and sharing my stories, but I'm sure no one would read it and it would be a waste of time to try.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I make family trees and spend hours on these forums. I kinda want to try the OneNote/notebook thing XD
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    2500 hrs in the past year and a half (I started playing Sims 3 in 2017)...while recovering from an illness. Now irreparably hooked. ~sigh~

Sims Anonymous...is there a number for that?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    amberlouiserjamberlouiserj Posts: 13 New Member
    That OneNote notebook is honestly so impressive! I’ve tried to document my various households and challenges etc on my simblr but it becomes so tedious, almost like a job, and I don’t wanna take away the fun
  • Options
    @Huiiie_07 I'm sure people would read it, and wouldn't it give you pleasure to do it anyway?
    @citysimmer I say go for it gal!
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have a folder on my hard drive full of house plans I want to build and have built. I sometimes take pictures of real life houses while out and about, or see one I like and look it up on Google Earth later to see if I can find images of the house from every angle to build. For build contests such as Build-N-Share, I will spend time online searching for images of houses or interior designs of styles during a challenge that I'm unfamilar with. Consequently, I have a folder full of interior design ideas and styles too.

Back in TS2 days I was the owner/Admin of a rather large and popular Sims forum/website for all things TS2 which morphed into more of a writing and roleplay forum. At one point we had over 6,000 members. I (and my Staff of course) spent a lot of time creating contests and activities with Photoshop, Word and Excel and also created a number of videos using TS2 for the site. This site was literally my life for a number of years.

I also made a music video and a story video using images and recorded footage from TS2.

These days, if I'm not taking care of my Grandson, doing household chores, spending time with family or taking care of my cats, I'm scrolling through the forum or playing my game. I would estimate that 2/3rds (sometimes more) of my days are spent doing TS4 related things.

I'd say I'm extremely obsessed. If I had a better computer I'd buy every pack I don't currently own and most likely be recording videos for YouTube, upload a ton of houses & Sims to the Gallery, maybe have a Simblr and/or be trying my hand at making my own CC. I used to make CC for TS2 using bodyshop for my own personal use. I might even consider remodeling my old TS2 site for TS4 too and reopen it.

The Sims have been a major part of my life since it's release in 2000 and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love this game! <3
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i have a blog where i post all of my screenshots along with captions, but it's private so it's not like anyone is seeing it. so what's the point of it? i don't really know, i'm a weirdo. :hushed:
    and sometimes when i'm out and about irl i deconstruct houses in my mind and think about how they'd be built in the sims lol.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    MatarioshkaMatarioshka Posts: 1 New Member
    Hm, as far as I remember I started to play The (very first) Sims when I was a young girl, was lucky enough to have all the Expansions. Sims 2 was deleted and never ever installed on PC again by my father who said I'm too obsessed about the game. Now I live away from my parents and with my BF, and I play Sims 4. Sometimes like crazy I can spend the whole night playing. Building houses and fooling around or being more serious with some families is never too fun. I love the game. And I love Sims 3. I can't play it because it takes 30 minutes to load, but I have it cos I have my family properly made with my dear cat who is now dead. Only cos' of her..it, I mean. Anyway, That is how far my obsession have gone. I also make Team Fortress 2 female characters in Sims 4, cos' it has a very good body editor. Another obsession. Another obsession? Well, (I think like most people here) I make Simself, my BF, our future house.. Last obsession? I made and killed all my school x-bullies when I was younger. Off to visit..I mean to play Sims 4. Yessssss! :)
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Don't know if this counts, but I often find myself staring at people's faces and wondering about how I'd make them in the game, including outfits, etc. I was looking through some custom content and I just went "that looks like _________'s hair, now I can make him in the Sims" :D

I don't deconstruct houses, I deconstruct faces :p
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    By the forums standards, I'm probably far from obsessed.
    I rarely do challanges and just play irregularly, sometime with half year gaps between playing. And frequently just play basically without too much detail in family and story.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I'm not obsessed with the game. It's just a part of my lifestyle. :wink: When I have my computer on I have a Sims related site open 90% of the time. I don't play the game daily, but love to hang around other simmers, plan my game and look for CC. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I forgot to say I also have a third notebook where I wrote some stories for each individual sim? So a bit like what the household bios are in-game. I might start typing them up and putting a photo with them instead! I think I spend more time writing about my Sims than I do playing them! :D
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    @elanorbreton

Here are the first pages of my latest Sims notebook. As you can see, I keep track of almost every little tiny aspect of their lives.
    ZivmhJe.jpg

5tmwpZJ.jpg
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I create different types of tables/charts/whatever you call them (Apparently I don't English) so that I know who have had kids with who in my worlds so I never have to guess who are related. Often I get way too into making those tables (still don't know words) that I get bored of the game itself :''D