Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We're getting another EP or GP in 2018

Reported by SimsVIP, EA Poland have confirmed on instagram that we're getting another GP or EP in 2018, as a response to a question.
IMG-0277.png

They deleted the instagram story since then so it must be true! In any case it's just a confirmation for something we all kind of guessed.
Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti

Comments

• Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't see why we can't get both, plus 2 or 3 more stuff pack. If it's a game pack I would like to see a tropical vacation or a witches game pack. And if it's an expansion pack I'll like to see University or a generational style pack.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What does it say exactly? We all think that there will be something for Black Friday sales like normal. It could be an EP, it could be a GP, it is a guess.
  • Options
    suitcasesuitcase Posts: 103 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What does it say exactly? We all think that there will be something for Black Friday sales like normal. It could be an EP, it could be a GP, it is a guess.

I'm not fluent but I believe the green text is basically saying it's Friday, ask me anything.
    The question is asking whether there will be any additional games/GPs in 2018. "Pakiet" could be package but I don't know if they literally meant "game packs." I have a feeling they're probably just asking whether there will be any additions to the game in 2018 (whether an EP or GP).
    "Tak" in Polish means "yes."
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2018
    I think were getting both another gp and ep and probably another sp as well.
  • Options

Based on what?

Thank you @suitcase
  • Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    beville wrote: »
    I don't see why we can't get both, plus 2 or 3 more stuff pack. If it's a game pack I would like to see a tropical vacation or a witches game pack. And if it's an expansion pack I'll like to see University or a generational style pack.

we're not getting generations, we got parenthood
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    @alex_alex09 that's true we do have parenthood however, it is not the same. Generation can add more family connection to the family.Such as making the family tree more up to date like adding great-grandparents, uncles ,aunts , in-laws and have them acknowledge their family too. It can also add things like teenage dance, tags for kids and toddlers, slow dancing.Sleep over at the grandparents house or other family members. There is so much more that can be added for an generation expansion.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Based on what?

Thank you @suitcase

Come on. You seriously don't think there will be only 1 or 2 more packs do you? I expect we'll be seeing 3 more packs because it's just July.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    @alex_alex09 that's true we do have parenthood however, it is not the same. Generation can add more family connection to the family.Such as making the family tree more up to date like adding great-grandparents, uncles ,aunts , in-laws and have them acknowledge their family too. It can also add things like teenage dance, tags for kids and toddlers, slow dancing.Sleep over at the grandparents house or other family members. There is so much more that can be added for an generation expansion.

SimGuruGrant said on twitter that it was the pack that sold the least, even though it was one of their favorites. I don't think it's coming back in EP form. We could get improvements to babies, elders and teens though.
  • Options
    EMZ_1EMZ_1 Posts: 42 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »

SimGuruGrant said on twitter that it was the pack that sold the least, even though it was one of their favorites. I don't think it's coming back in EP form. We could get improvements to babies, elders and teens though.

cant find it
  • Options
    Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    I would like to see a wedding game pack or expansion. I think that the sims 4 team should invest a lot more in weddings because it is an integral part of the game which is totally lacking. The Sims 4 wedding is very meager, there are no special interactions, no proper attire, no selection of arches, lack of more elementary things that can improve the wedding experience and make many players enjoy that special experience...
  • Options

Based on what?

Thank you @suitcase

Come on. You seriously don't think there will be only 1 or 2 more packs do you? I expect we'll be seeing 3 more packs because it's just July.

So more wishful thinking and no fact. Great. I hope you're right. I'd love 8 or 9 packs a year, but I doubt that will happen.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Im hoping that as we are only in July that we will get both.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    I would like to see a wedding game pack or expansion. I think that the sims 4 team should invest a lot more in weddings because it is an integral part of the game which is totally lacking. The Sims 4 wedding is very meager, there are no special interactions, no proper attire, no selection of arches, lack of more elementary things that can improve the wedding experience and make many players enjoy that special experience...

I completely agree, I really want to see a life events expansion. I've mentioned that before but i feel like weddings, funerals, school dances, baby showers and bachelorette/bachelor parties would make a good ep. Kind of like generations from sims 3 but slightly different
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2018
    And ? I mean it's not something we didn't guess a long time ago, this info is irrelevant.

I can already tell you it will be a Game Pack.

GP01 Outdoor Retreat
    <-- 6 months -->
    GP02 Spa Day
    <-- 11 months -->
    GP03 Dine Out
    <-- 7 months -->
    GP04 Vampires
    <-- 4 months -->
    GP05 Parenthood
    <-- 8 months -->
    GP06 Jungle Adventures
    <-- 7 months or more ??? -->
    GP07 (September or last quarter)

Basegame
    <- 7 months ->
    EP01 Get To Work
    <- 8 months ->
    EP02 Get Together
    <- 11 months ->
    EP03 City Living
    <- 12 months ->
    EP04 Cats & Dogs
    <- 7 months ->
    EP05 Seasons
    <- 7 months or more ??? ->
    EP06 (First quarter 2019)
  • Options
    You don't know that it's going to be a GP. Didn't they just announce (after people left the company) that they are changing up how things are going to be done now? So, any past list of releases doesn't mean anything now.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @Dannydanbo

A pack isn't developed in 1 month, even if the things are changing what was done still exist.
    They don't wait for the release date in order to begin the development of a new pack.

I'm sure they get some packs ready to be released in stock.

4 years they told "things are changing" but nothing happened yet.
    The words mean nothing, only the actions really matter.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited July 2018
    suitcase wrote: »

I'm not fluent but I believe the green text is basically saying it's Friday, ask me anything.
    The question is asking whether there will be any additional games/GPs in 2018. "Pakiet" could be package but I don't know if they literally meant "game packs." I have a feeling they're probably just asking whether there will be any additions to the game in 2018 (whether an EP or GP).
    "Tak" in Polish means "yes."

Pakiet rozgrywki is the polish name for a game pack. The question asks about expansions and game packs specifically.

Dodatek is sometimes used as an umbrella term for paid DLC but here in this context I'm sure they meant an EP.

@Eliharb can you please provide a link to that tweet? I also tried looking for it and couldn't find it. I'm not sure they're allowed to disclose specifics about sales unless they're something to brag about.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member

Merci!

I don't see how it implies it was the pack that sold the least though? He just said it wasn't as popular as they expected.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    agustd wrote: »

Merci!

I don't see how it implies it was the pack that sold the least though? He just said it wasn't as popular as they expected.

He also said a lot of people never tried it, which does imply that it didn't sell well. But I agree that we can't assume that it sold the least of all the packs.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Yup! Sorry, I was paraphrasing. But what I understood from that tweet is that if they know it wasn't a popular pack, it's probably not coming back as a big EP. I think they already started breaking it down a little bit with other packs, with Parenthood being the first?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    You don't know that it's going to be a GP. Didn't they just announce (after people left the company) that they are changing up how things are going to be done now? So, any past list of releases doesn't mean anything now.

There will be a GP. They haven’t released one for this FY at all, I expect two and another expansion between now and March 2019. The only pack I am iffy on is SP since they haven’t said anything toward them. I suspect we will see at least one, maybe two of those as well.
  • Options
    @Dannydanbo

A pack isn't developed in 1 month, even if the things are changing what was done still exist.
    They don't wait for the release date in order to begin the development of a new pack.

I'm sure they get some packs ready to be released in stock.

4 years they told "things are changing" but nothing happened yet.
    The words mean nothing, only the actions really matter.

True, but we don't know when those changes actually began. They could have been started at the new year for all we know and we're just finding out about it now because of all the employees leaving.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @Dannydanbo

Without clue, it's easier to tell speculations based on the current facts than based on an imaginary future.

Note: There are 14 Stuff Packs, the 7th GP bundle (1 GP + 2 SP) need the 7th Game Pack.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on