Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer The Sims 4 Babies or Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Voted for 3 but agree 2 has the best. Especially if you only consider base game with no store stuff. Of course I own most of the store.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

It doesn't?? This game doesn't even allow you to have long hair unless you complete some once a year event and just got pregnancy. The additional stuff for babies was released within I believe last two years and is only unlockable by quest.

Yeahhhh. That's true. Concept wise I love it it, but considering the limitations of a mobile game, timed events and what not I just dislike it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Dellimaccas123Dellimaccas123 Posts: 94 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Id love to see the sims freeplay babies come to the sims 4 so much more too do but honestly like everyone has said if they were like sims 2 babies with sims 4 graphics they would be perfect
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    If Sims 2 babies were an actual option on this poll, I would have chosen those, though I still want Sim’s 3 babies freedom and the interactions (like putting them on a swing and a stroller, and taking them everywhere, etc).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Sims 4 babies are so bad that the developers made the ‘age up’ interaction always available on them. In terms of gameplay Sims 2 is the winner, but Sims 3 allowed players a lot more freedom with babies. I.e. taking them off the home lot, strollers, etc.

Sims 4 babies are terrible. There aren’t that many gameplay choices, they are a piece of furniture now, and aesthetically they look inferior to the rest of the game. Seriously, I didn’t care for the swaddle in 3 but at least it wasn’t a super low quality mesh with even worse texturing. If they revamp babies they are going to want to replace the model and textures first and foremost, and then add in tons of gameplay and the ability to customize their outfit/hair. There is just no salvaging this life stage without a lot of work.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    I prefer how babies look in TS4 but severely dislike the fact that they're stuck in that stupid bassinet.

Agree with others that TS2 babies were by far the best - no contest really. TS3 babies look like burritos and always had a rather demented facial expression.

I think I'm in the middle so won't cast a vote (unless TS2 babies are added as an option).

I hate how baby's look in the sims 4.

1 .wrong skin tone

2 .bald

3 .no clothing or hair

Agree babies in 2 were better
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    At least Sims 3 babies were actual babies and not objects. You could do more with them. The Sims 4 babies all look like clones. However, the toddlers in the Sims 4 are much better than in Sims 3...
  • Options
    The Sims 3 babies
    bixters wrote: »
    At least Sims 3 babies were actual babies and not objects. You could do more with them. The Sims 4 babies all look like clones. However, the toddlers in the Sims 4 are much better than in Sims 3...

agree.
    not perfect tho.

quite a few listed interactions do the same thing :#
    one thing I do dislike about toddlers its that.

other than that toddlers are great.

just wish they had more interactions, not appear to have more.

• Options
    eeeyuneeeyun Posts: 45 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    The Sims 4 babies can't even move from their bassinet - they're like a piece of furniture lol. To be honest though I don't really enjoy playing with a baby in the household, I usually age them up after one or two days.
  • Options
    HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    The Sims 4 babies are literal objects. You can't actually click on the 'baby' you need to click on the bassinet. I cannot fathom why people think going back to 200's technology is a good thing for a 2014 game. TS2 and 3 both did better jobs with babies then the abominations that TS4 gave us.
    I have loathed the 'babies' in TS4 since before the game released and literally nothing has been done to even try to make them better. I'm actually enjoying TS4, but these objects are really, really, really bad and honestly quite disgusting. We should not have objects babies in TS4, we just shouldn't
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    There's just so much more that you can do with Sims 3 babies. I loved strolling around with them and taking them to visit extended family. The main negative was how often they'd end up on the floor.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    No preference.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Sims 4 babies look SLIGHTLY cuter, but it still drives me insane that they can never leave their cribs. Then again, in Sims 3 my sims would try to go jogging with them. :lol:
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    I'd rather never removing them from the bassinet over leaving baby burritos on the floor everywhere.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Definitely Sims 3 babies. They actually felt like part of the family. :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    If Sims 2 babies were an actual option on this poll, I would have chosen those, though I still want Sim’s 3 babies freedom and the interactions (like putting them on a swing and a stroller, and taking them everywhere, etc).

Sims 2 babies had a baby swing and a baby gym that was just adorable - but they only sold it through the Sims 2 store. Sims 3 also had baby stuff only available through the Sims 3 store as well - but being swaddled the babies in 3 looked more like stiff dolls in the baby swing where as Sims 2 baby acted and looked like a baby in the swing - moving it's little hands and feet. But the baby gym was the best.

The Sims 4 "baby" isn't even a baby - need I say more and is a poor representative of the first stage of our sims lives. This needs to change. Really - no question about it. Babies also need baby clothes. Lyndsay has a new baby does it stayed tied to the bassinet - don't have clothing changes and never get to sit with her holding it? I bet that doesn't happen for sure. You only need to see babies are part of society and everywhere. Not chained to a crib and forgotten about until they age up. A Baby needs the most love, cuddling, and care of all - so why is our sims not representing this in a game about life - is what I'd like to know from devs who have seen no reason to make this better? Nearly 4 years and this is still considered okay? It's not.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    The Sims 3 babies
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Sims 2 babies had a baby swing and a baby gym that was just adorable - but they only sold it through the Sims 2 store. Sims 3 also had baby stuff only available through the Sims 3 store as well - but being swaddled the babies in 3 looked more like stiff dolls in the baby swing where as Sims 2 baby acted and looked like a baby in the swing - moving it's little hands and feet. But the baby gym was the best.

The Sims 4 "baby" isn't even a baby - need I say more and is a poor representative of the first stage of our sims lives. This needs to change. Really - no question about it. Babies also need baby clothes. Lyndsay has a new baby does it stayed tied to the bassinet - don't have clothing changes and never get to sit with her holding it? I bet that doesn't happen for sure. You only need to see babies are part of society and everywhere. Not chained to a crib and forgotten about until they age up. A Baby needs the most love, cuddling, and care of all - so why is our sims not representing this in a game about life - is what I'd like to know from devs who have seen no reason to make this better? Nearly 4 years and this is still considered okay? It's not.

agree.

baby's need,
    baby monitor.
    feed a baby on a sofa or chair.
    travel with a baby in a stroller.
    bath,change and dress them
    toys and items like,

baby gym
    bouncer.

interactions between baby and family not tied to the crib.

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Sims 3 babies. 1) they aren't objects. 2) They are part of the family. 3) Sims can take the babies out with them. 4) They aren't objects.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    It was close for me, but I would have to give the nod to the Sims4 baby vs the Sims3 baby.

Visually speaking, I like the Sims4 baby better. I like the look of the baby and while yes, the limited actions you do have go through the baby bassinet, I just find it adorable when the sim parent picks up the baby, cradles it in the arms and kisses it on the head before putting it back in. The burrito babies ... they just looked ... bad. I always liked seeing the little hands and feet.

I am quite sure though if Sims2 babies option were available in the poll, it would have won the results by a wide margin.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Like everyone else said. LOL!!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    pixell2_dotpixell2_dot Posts: 27 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    I have grown onto my babies in ts3, so i was kinda disappointed the were unevenly developed in the next version. Although i play sims 3 more often so i dont mind
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    TS2 babies. I loved that you saw what their hair and eye color would be, and the skin-tone actually matched when they would grow-up. My second choice would be TS3. TS4 babies are AWFUL. They’re HIDEOUS, IMO. Lots of interaction, but it doesn’t mean much to be when I can’t even take the thing a foot away from it’s crib.
  • Options
    Dellimaccas123Dellimaccas123 Posts: 94 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    I Agree i think more people would transition to TS4 if they worked on the little things in the game more
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited July 2018
    I prefer neither, I would rather sims birthed toddlers and just skipped babies. No matter for me though as I have babies set for just 2 days. Luckliy they are easily ignorable in both.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    The Sims 3 babies
    I Agree i think more people would transition to TS4 if they worked on the little things in the game more

I think its more about if they worked on big and little things. and boredom.

you see fans of new packs getting the packs then after a day, back on the forums for news about the next pack. myself included lol. instead of playing the new game :blush:

even seasons i am starting to get bored. genuinely like the pack a lot.

sorry for going off topic