Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer The Sims 4 Babies or Sims 3

Comments

• Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    I'd like the gameplay of Sims freeplay babies for TS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HX12v5mxJM
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    Teaching a baby to walk in freeplay. Skip forward to 5:54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ar8a1q3XPM
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    sims 4 toddlers have too many bugs
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Sofmc9 wrote: »

Me too!

(notice the comment somewhere that sims leave their babies on the floor in Sims 3 but they most definitely don’t when you have a crib in the house)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited July 2018
    The Sims 4 babies
    Though I would like bassinets to be draggable. And I would also love to change outfits for the little lovely creatures. It should work just like changing a cell phone case.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    I like being able to seem their needs. I know parenthood has something like that, but I don’t have that pack yet.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    May I change my vote? All I was thinking is that the babies in Sims3 were burrito babies! My bad. I do recall that we could place them in swings and in strollers. I do wish we had that option in Sims4, instead of the babies being more like they were in the Sims, (which I never played). I hate the fact babies are tethered to their cribs. I do like how many interactions we can have with them, but it's almost pointless when they place baby back in the crib in between each action. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    > @Movotti said:
    > * The sims 2 babies.
    >
    > Wash them in the basin, leave them on the floor, with the dirty nappies and rancid bottles, to dry. That was the life.

Wash them in the kitchen sink! Ah, TS2 babies were the best of the franchise. I just can't stand TS4 babies' crying sound (either you cry really loud or shush, the "ae ae" sound that they make is so obnoxious), and the breathing noise that they make constantly. I usually turn off sounds for the 3-4 days of the baby's life stage, listen to spotify and turn the sound back on once they age up to toddler.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited July 2018
    The Sims 3 babies
    Of course, Sims 3. The only way someone would choose sims 4 is if they don't like the baby stage and would rather skip it. Second place is sims 2 with sims 4 coming in last.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    Sims 2 babies actually looked like a baby in their baby swing and they were just amazingly real playing with their infant gym on the floor. Sometimes when playing they'd grab their own foot - it was so cute and so realistic. I also loved their reactions in their bathtime in the sink and those adorable giggles. I disliked the fact they had no crib blanket and no clothes. Babies need to be clothed not just in a diaper and not in the same clothing all the time. My real babies had tons of clothes - little suits - pjs - sunsuits - little pants and shirts - slippers and sneakers, boots - all kinds of clothes. Why no baby clothe like ever Maxis? Baby girls have gowns and dresses of all kinds. Little lacy socks and shoes.

When Sims 3 infants got bathtime it drove me nuts they kept the blanket on. Who does that anyway? I hated that in Sims 3 - but even worse Sims 4 babies don't get baths at all. I keep my sims babies around unlike some players for quite some time - not just 3 days and I want to do baby things with my infants. I want that life stage to matter. In Sims 3 I kept them infants for 30-50 days even and I was not even fond of the swaddled baby. I really don't get why just 3 days for many of the simmers.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    The Sims 3 babies

i will say that sims 4 todlers are better then sims 3 todlers.
    edited July 2018
    Kali_Durga wrote: »
    sims 4 toddlers have too many bugs

What bugs? I have not had any bugs with my toddlers. Sims 4 toddlers are amazingly real. Sims 3 toddler were my least favorite toddlers and I'm a fan of Sims 3 - just not a fan of their infant or toddlers. But Sims 4 are amazing. I keep them around for a long time. In fact I have some households I started when we first got toddlers that I'm still playing those toddlers (I have not wanted to age them up yet-lol) and I don't see any bugs.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > I really don't get why just 3 days for many of the simmers.

My playstyle since TS2 is I try to stick to the default settings of the game's aging system, seasons' duration, etc. So babies will age by default, also there isn't much to do with babies in the Sims 4, you feed them, they cry, you change their diapers, that's pretty it. Compared to the Sims 2, there's so much limitation, and I don't like the sound effects that they made for this life stage so I don't really care. I just want to play with toddlers, that's the life stage that matters the most to me. And even though I don't like TS4 babies, I don't like to cheat or age them up on purpose either, so 3 days is plenty enough for me to see all of the parent-baby animations and move on to toddlers.
    edited July 2018
    Scarbo27 wrote: »
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > I really don't get why just 3 days for many of the simmers.

My playstyle since TS2 is I try to stick to the default settings of the game's aging system, seasons' duration, etc. So babies will age by default, also there isn't much to do with babies in the Sims 4, you feed them, they cry, you change their diapers, that's pretty it. Compared to the Sims 2, there's so much limitation, and I don't like the sound effects that they made for this life stage so I don't really care. I just want to play with toddlers, that's the life stage that matters the most to me. And even though I don't like TS4 babies, I don't like to cheat or age them up on purpose either, so 3 days is plenty enough for me to see all of the parent-baby animations and move on to toddlers.

But they don't get much chance to max the parent child relationship with each of their parents in just 3 days. I like it maxed with both parents and also other household if there are previous kids. It's why I don't age them and why I feel they really do need to work on the baby stage and add a lot more to that stage. Clothes especially and a real crib.

I never play the Sims on the default setting. I like long more normal feeling lifespans for all my Sims. My fav aging was Sims 3's epic aging - but without that I control it. As default is way too fast for my playstyle. Also I play on rotation with several other households so often different households are at different stages as far as family growth goes. Some I do play more than others - lol.

But as long as we both have our preferred playstyles - it's all good. I am always just curious why some zip right through some stages and others don't. I am glad Maxis offers us both what we like though.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Me too!

(notice the comment somewhere that sims leave their babies on the floor in Sims 3 but they most definitely don’t when you have a crib in the house)

Oh yes they do. My sims prefer to put their babies on the floor over the crib. Especially when I run daycares, they'll take their own kid out and put someone else's in.
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    The Sims 4 babies
    I'm in the camp with those that prefer Sims 2 babies, actually. They were the best - a combo of Sims 3/Sims 4 - had the same sort of appearance as Sims 4 but could move them around like Sims 3.

But between 3/4 since those were the options presented, I'll join the minority and say 4. They just look better, there are more interactions and as mentioned above the breast feeding option was a great addition. I do wish you could carry them around. But I can live without it.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited July 2018
    I prefer how babies look in TS4 but severely dislike the fact that they're stuck in that stupid bassinet.

Agree with others that TS2 babies were by far the best - no contest really. TS3 babies look like burritos and always had a rather demented facial expression.

I think I'm in the middle so won't cast a vote (unless TS2 babies are added as an option).
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    The way I play 3 is a lot different than how I play 4. I actually like having babies, tots, and kids in my game and make a point to have my Sim with a couple kids and no mods. It seems there is more I can do with babies, tots and kids in 3 than with 4.
    ladybreid wrote: »
    only because they weren't objects.

I like that too

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Correction:
    Sims 2 Babies.

I didn't care for the burrito either, but at least they weren't chained to a bassinet.
    I don't bother with TS4 babies at all. I just age them up to toddlers.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    They are seriously boring in both games.

As for gameplay, the TS3 babies were obviously more fleshed out and you had more interactions with them. However, they looked like burritos.
    The babies in TS4 on the other hand look much better. They don't look good, but atleast a bit like human babies. But you can't do anything with them.

I really don't know which ones I prefer, as I'm not too fond of them in both games.

I feel the same and I really did not find them fun until they became toddlers and they did not stay newborns for even for an hour in game I quickly aged them up in Sims 2, Sims 3 and Sims 4. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    The Sims 3 babies

why this looks better than sims 4.... :|
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The Sims 3 babies
    Sims 2 babies were the best not burritos or a bassinet but if I had to choose from these options Sims 3 were at least not an object.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • gabbyistomkimgabbyistomkim Posts: 21 Member
    Sims 2 babies hands down. They could actually do things.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Kali_Durga wrote: »

why this looks better than sims 4.... :|

It doesn't?? This game doesn't even allow you to have long hair unless you complete some once a year event and just got pregnancy. The additional stuff for babies was released within I believe last two years and is only unlockable by quest.