Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grant says there will be some good stuff this week

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Bet they are making the Demo for Gamescom next month - that black fabric skirt on the desk seems very telling - a hint maybe - atmospheric hint..... or maybe just wishful thinking on my part. LOL.

Sadly, I think the black 'modesty curtain' on the desk was just to blend into the background, but I'd love to be proved wrong :)
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

I don’t think it was “just” a meeting - Grant said they were presenting a demo. Presumably new gameplay demo. It may have been included with other topics, like Kate’s presentation, but I still think they were teasing a new pack of some sort.

Of course, take that with a grain of salt. I imagine the gurus are always working on new gameplay (that is their job, isn’t it?) :p

When they’re internally presenting a demo, they’re showing it off to the higher ups in Maxis so that they can get approval to continue the project. Whatever they’re showing won’t be in the game for a long time.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

I don’t think it was “just” a meeting - Grant said they were presenting a demo. Presumably new gameplay demo. It may have been included with other topics, like Kate’s presentation, but I still think they were teasing a new pack of some sort.

Of course, take that with a grain of salt. I imagine the gurus are always working on new gameplay (that is their job, isn’t it?) :p

When they’re internally presenting a demo, they’re showing it off to the higher ups in Maxis so that they can get approval to continue the project. Whatever they’re showing won’t be in the game for a long time.

Hope whatever it is gets green lighted.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Bet they are making the Demo for Gamescom next month - that black fabric skirt on the desk seems very telling - a hint maybe - atmospheric hint..... or maybe just wishful thinking on my part. LOL.

I literally forgot about gamescom, now that you said it, I feel a bit more excited now that gamescom is coming, not just for The Sims 4 but to other games as well.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

I literally forgot about gamescom, now that you said it, I feel a bit more excited now that gamescom is coming, not just for The Sims 4 but to other games as well.

Yes I'm watching other games as well. One lets you play as a shark but I don't want to get this thread off topic so I'll leave it there.