Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Put SOCKS On Your Sims?

Comments

• Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sometimes
    I was going to vote "Never" but that's not entirely true. I myself hate wearing socks, so it's often something I forget or don't bother to put on my sims but I have done it with a few of them recently, even if it's just for sleepwear.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Never
    Just put socks on my Sim for what I believe is the first time. Pearl loves it. I love it. Haters can hate. :blush::lol:

2gy0cwp.png
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Deadtech5Deadtech5 Posts: 152 Member
    Sometimes
    it depends unless if I choose to have them where long socks to go with an outfit. otherwise there's no point in it. I also sometimes have them where socks with there pajamas. I do however wish the there were mix-matched socks for adults.
    chewbacca-wink.gif
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Sometimes
    Depends on the outfit and the personality/age of the Sim. Always in the athletic category and sometimes in sleepwear, but usually they're barefoot. The exception would be if they're currently homeless, then they all get socks to stay warm and usually all toddlers, children and teens wear socks to bed. Some outfits in everyday get socks, only if they would be visible though such as tennys worn with shorts, but not sandals or flats and shorts.

Sometimes my elder male Sims DO wear socks with sandals. *gasp* lol But depends on their personality. Some outfits for elegant female Sims call for the thigh high socks too, such as the nylon looking ones with the seam in the back for a formal outfit. But usually only if the top doesn't show. I like to imagine they're actually full nylons instead of just thigh high socks that way.

Teens and young adult female Sims sometimes do wear the thigh high socks with the top showing, though it depends on the outfit and if it makes sense. An example would be Cassandra Goth's everyday outfit. I gave her a makeover, but kept the thigh high socks because to me they just seem like something she would wear. :)
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sometimes
    Ok. So sometimes yes. It depends on what they're wearing.

If they are wearing sneakers/loafers/boots, basically any shoe that doesn't expose part of their foot then yes. Flats I'll put them on them sometimes depending on if their food is exposed or not. For example, if a sim is wearing shorts and then some basic flats, then no I don't put socks on them. If they're wearing pants and the feet can't be seen then sometimes yes, sometimes no depending on the shoe. But anything else close-toed like boots and sneakers I do.

EXCEPT (and this is probably gonna sound super weird to most of you haha) when they're in their athletic outfit. My reason for this is that I like to have my sims do yoga a lot and for whatever reason it's weird/odd to me to see them doing yoga with socks on!! I have no idea why, I'm sure it's perfectly normal/common for people to do yoga with their socks on hahaha. I just find it looks funny and I cannot explain why. I guess I'm just weird lol. So I never put socks on them in their athletic outfits which, really, would be the one outfit socks would make most sense lol. Maybe I need to just start doing two - an athletic outfit specifically for yoga and an athletic outfit for everything else where they can wear socks :P :lol:

Edit to add: My child sims always get the mismatched socks for their sleepwear and any close-toed shoes that are not meant to expose the foot. I think those sets of socks are SO CUTE.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    Never
    Just put socks on my Sim for what I believe is the first time. Pearl loves it. I love it. Haters can hate. :blush::lol:

2gy0cwp.png

Classy
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Always
    I'm not counting sandals in.
  • Options
    Charleigh667Charleigh667 Posts: 19 Member
    Sometimes
    Like others have said, it depends on the outfit. I don't see much point in putting them on if no one is going to see them!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Sometimes
    I sometimes do. There aren’t any ankle cut options, which IMO fits with more outfit/shoe types compared to the longer socks. If a sim is wearing pants that cover the ankle I won’t put them on.
  • Options
    lizisprocrastinatinglizisprocrastinating Posts: 125 Member
    Sometimes
    If you can see their ankles I do otherwise no.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes I do, even though the game already does such an awesome job of it ...

Y1bySWZ.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sometimes
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Always, unless in some conditions (swimwear, sandals, sleepwear etc).

I put socks on with sleepwear at times, since I have a special cream I have to wear on my feet at night and wear socks to keep the cream off the sheets (I have lightweight cotton socks for that); I also like to wear socks in the winter to keep my feet warm.

I mostly use socks if the pants are short enough that the ankles show (like some of the cropped styles) or if the Sim wears shorts for his/her fitnesswear. I'll use the knee length socks with boots when my Sims are in Granite Falls or Selvadorada and wearing hiking shorts, or with certain skirts for child and teen girls. If a Sim is in long pants though I usually skip them.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    Never
    I rarely think to put socks on my sims, especially since they'll often not really be visible. Either my eye has to accidentally land on the icon for socks and my sims doesn't happen to be wearing long trouwers, or I'm purposefully making a specific look with socks. Otherwise no socks. Even though I personally hate not wearing socks.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Sometimes
    If they suit the outfits, then yes, especially with children & toddlers.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    lael150390lael150390 Posts: 56 Member
    Always
    Always, except when wearing sandals, most formal wear shoes, or no shoes (sleep or swiming).
  • Options
    Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    I never put socks on my sims
    Corgis4life
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Sometimes
    This thread really is quite amusing.

There are times when socks look right
    tumblr_orsqm4XU6x1v2n804o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_orsqm4XU6x1v2n804o1_1280.jpg

So a blanket 'always' or 'never' doesn't really make sense to me.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    Sometimes
    If there is a gap between the shoe and pantleg for men, or if the sneakers look weird without for either gender, I put give them socks. Otherwise I pretend they are wearing really low socks because most of the socks in game are so high that they can look kinda dorky in my opinion.

Knees socks, stockings, and leggings are used or not used completely on whim.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Always
    If the type of shoe calls for socks, yes. Even if the socks wouldn't be visible otherwise.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    temerald7667temerald7667 Posts: 2,266 Member
    Always
    I always put socks on my sims, unless they're wearing sandals! I don't want them to get blisters! Yes, even toddlers need socks too!
    98bcdb5d7c879fd685f0cae94de32016.gif
  • Options
    VieraRedMageVieraRedMage Posts: 42 Member
    Sometimes
    Only when necessary, or if it would enhance the outfit look. I think no-show ankle socks have ruined me over time, lol.

I'm not strict about Sock Rules, but I do have a few principles that hold up for the most part, unless I'm making a sim/style that works better by "breaking" my non-rules. Socks never go with sandals, unless you count the athletic sandals from Outdoor Retreat (because camping requires foot protection from rocks and ticks), and even then my sims wear the shortest appropriate socks. Tall socks go with skirts or shorts only if they look nice (eg. not too close to the hemline where it looks silly), otherwise my sims will either skip the socks or just wear tights/nylons. Kids wear socks all the time unless they're wearing sandals, slippers, or dinosaur/bear/Yoda feet. Bedtime means BUNNY SLIPPERS!! universally because they're so fluffy I could die (and because I'm living vicariously through my sims after my dog ate my last pair of cute slippers).
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Always
    I tend to always do it these days wasn't so important in TS3 or when I first got TS4 but now I always do for whatever reason. I will even make sure to add dress socks to my Sims formal wear. I guess I do it mostly with my guys unless they're in sandles. I rarely do for my girls though unless they are wearing sneakers. But I can't stand how random Sims will have socks and slippers on in their sleepwear, mostly because I personally don't like to sleep in socks lol but I'm trying to learn not to force my views on Sims
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Sometimes
    I do sometimes on adults, more on children.
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited June 2018
    Always
    Toddlers wearing shorts, knee socks, and mary-janes is the cutest look ever and no one is going to convince me otherwise :love:

42775259682_9cca812d6a.jpg
    Post edited by mintycupcake on
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    Usually I do unless they are wearing flats or van type slip on shoes also depends on the outfit they are wearing xD
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?