Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kids can come trick or treating

I just rear a tweet from simguru george that kids can come trick or treating. I’m so happy right now i really didn’t think they added it bc of the closed world

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yes that's awesome but sadly our sims can't trick or treat. Hmm I bet our sims will get the give candy interaction back to not just trick or treaters but any sims as well. That was a limited interaction.
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I hope so that would be cool to use that interaction outside of trick or treating
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    I'm happy about this but confused at the same time. Maybe the kids of our household can go trick or treating in a rabbit hole like the volonteering? I don't know it seems really weird that other kids could come to our house but our kids couldn't do anything.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    loutredor wrote: »
    I'm happy about this but confused at the same time. Maybe the kids of our household can go trick or treating in a rabbit hole like the volonteering? I don't know it seems really weird that other kids could come to our house but our kids couldn't do anything.

well he didn't say they couldn't he just did't say they could I think it would be odd if they couldn't
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    @comicsforlife It's weird he avoided the question though, since the person asked "can we go trick or treating?". But I hope you're right
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I really hope our sims can go trick or treating in a rabit home andcome back with candy in their inventory would be really fun
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Maybe they can trick or treat at homes within their neighbourhood? You wouldn't need to load the lot just to go as far as the door.... *hopes in vain*
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Does anyone have a link to the tweet? I'd like to follow for more information.
    I'm so happy to hear there will be trick or treating. I wouldn't mind the rabbit hole idea either. You can dress the kids in their Halloween outfits and send them around the neighborhood. But yeah it would be really odd if your household kids had to sit at home while other kids came to the door getting candy.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Maybe they can trick or treat at homes within their neighbourhood? You wouldn't need to load the lot just to go as far as the door.... *hopes in vain*

I thought to interact with anything on another lot you had to visit the lot first?

I know with apartments you can interact with a neighbor at their door without loading their lot, but I didn't think it worked that way in the other worlds.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »

I thought to interact with anything on another lot you had to visit the lot first?

I know with apartments you can interact with a neighbor at their door without loading their lot, but I didn't think it worked that way in the other worlds.

Thank you @loutredor
    Yeah there's a loading screen for visiting other lots and you need to load that lot before it becomes active so that might become a little tedious if so.
    Unless the new patch comes with open neighborhoods :tongue:
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am happy about this because I wasn't expecting any Halloween stuff because they never showed it in a trailer. I don't mind that we don't get to take our own kids trick or treating. We can use Spooky Stuff and the fall season to create enough Halloween fun in my opinion. Makes me excited about other features we've yet to see!
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Will they come if your lots have the private dwelling trait?
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    So that sucks. From what I understand your kids can't go trick or treating but other kids can come asking for candy? I refuse to give them candy while my poor sim kids are stuck at home.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »

Thank you @loutredor
    Yeah there's a loading screen for visiting other lots and you need to load that lot before it becomes active so that might become a little tedious if so.

One can only wish. Wouldn't that be a big surprise? If they managed to somehow figure out how to make the neighborhoods only open where we don't have to see a dumb loading screen to even go over and ask a neighbor for sugar.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    So that plum. From what I understand your kids can't go trick or treating but other kids can come asking for candy? I refuse to give them candy while my poor sim kids are stuck at home.

I hope our own kids can give them candy with a sad face. "Yeah, that was the only candy I was going to get this year, but... Here you go, you can take it..."
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Slyvanas wrote: »

Thank you @loutredor

One can only wish. Wouldn't that be a big surprise? If they managed to somehow figure out how to make the neighborhoods only open where we don't have to see a dumb loading screen to even go over and ask a neighbor for sugar.

That would be a dream come true.
  • Options
    Slyvanas wrote: »

Thank you @loutredor

My sims never visit their neighbors lol
    I can't be bothered to load to the neighbor and load back home. The worst is when you load and the neighbors aren't even home.
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    So that plum. From what I understand your kids can't go trick or treating but other kids can come asking for candy? I refuse to give them candy while my poor sim kids are stuck at home.

I hope our own kids can give them candy with a sad face. "Yeah, that was the only candy I was going to get this year, but... Here you go, you can take it..."

Hahah that would be great. "the universe doesn't allow me to trick or treat"
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member

Thank you @loutredor

Maybe they could do a trunk or treat (oh wait, we'd need cars for that) or one of the gazillion other trick or treating options people have come up with in recent decades (malls, office cubicles, etc.) None of those would be feasible in this game, so maybe the neighbors could stand just outside their lots. I would like to see neighbors interact more, or at least just be more visible in their own neighborhood.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I hated Trick or Treating in S3. Every time I sent those kids out, two things would always happen. #1. The game would change their costume to a random costume and #2. It always, always rained.

In S4 there would be a loading screen at every house. Even though I'm fine with the loading screen set up in general, this would be a huge pain in the backside.

Obviously I haven't played it yet, but I think playing Halloween as an adult dressed in a costume, handing out candy to the Trick or Treaters would be more fun than loading screens, even fast ones. And if I place that scarecrow on the porch next to the door, maybe I can scare the plum out of the little beggars.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited June 2018

Thank you @loutredor

I was thinking about something more like semi-open neighborhood. You know like in apartments, when your neighbors are loud, you can go and knock at their doors to complain. You still have to load to visit them, but you can interact with the door itself to make them come out. I wonder if something like that would be possible.
    Post edited by MissNightOwl on
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I honestly didn't see why they couldn't do it. I mean our sim children can't go door to door without loading screens; but the world isn't completely closed off either as some neighborhoods are big and they can ask random sims that they see walking by (plus with the Spooky Stuff pack, people can ask for treats already during spooky parties). Other sims might show up at your door though. I am glad it is in the game either way, as Halloween is one of my favorite Holiday's along with Christmas and it just wouldn't be the same without it.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I honestly didn't see why they couldn't do it. I mean our sim children can't go door to door without loading screens; but the world isn't completely closed off either as some neighborhoods are big and they can ask random sims that they see walking by (plus with the Spooky Stuff pack, people can ask for treats already during spooky parties). Other sims might show up at your door though. I am glad it is in the game either way, as Halloween is one of my favorite Holiday's along with Christmas and it just wouldn't be the same without it.

I believe they haven't said anything about the trick-or-treat interaction yet, so maybe you're solution is still possible.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Well, if you have Spooky Stuff, you can edit every house in your neighborhood and add the spooky candy dish to a small table or pedestal. Then, dress you sim kids in costumes and go around to each house and take candy from the bowl, but beware the hand!