Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you be okay with more EPs without worlds?

Comments

• Options
    EMZ_1EMZ_1 Posts: 42 Member
    But they need to make more worlds. a lot more.
    Even if it means a world GP's.
    we get only 1-2 per year.
  • Options
    DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    I would prefer it if they came out with a CAW tool and then put all their focus on gameplay and animations.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    It's fine by me as long as I feel the content I am getting makes up for not having a new world. I definitely need some new world maps in my game, as the ones in my main save file are almost completely full. Another blank neighborhood like we got with Newcrest would also be appreciated.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    I think the question should be: would you be ok with more EPs without world's for an increase in gameplay quality and depth?

ME! lol...I always said that I wouldn't care if there were significantly less worlds released because I knew all along that if they weren't having to waste resources on these worlds that we'd get a ton of new gameplay features which is far more appealing and worthwhile to me!
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Certain EPs will lend themselves I’m sure to needing a new world. If this farming thing went the route of an EP and included a new world, I think that would fit. None of the current worlds we have really lend themselves to a true rural farming community feel. I think it’d be a mistake to create a farming EP and not develop a fitting world for it. However an EP like University for example could totally survive without one, they’d just need a college world. As much as I loved the different types of universities that came with TS2, the way they did TS3 was also fine for me. I’d be fine with one (or more) off map college world(s) that they go to just for their school terms and then back to the main world when they’re done. It just depends on the pack. But ultimately I’d absolutely take less worlds for better gameplay unless the pack wouldn’t make sense without a new world.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm mixed, it would depend on the theme of the ep for me.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I'm mixed, it would depend on the theme of the ep for me.

Same. Then if not having a new world means more budget and so, more stuff in the EP, why not.

• Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    No the only reason seasons didnt have a new world is because they updated all the others (snow, autumn leaves etc)..
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2018
    they seem to be putting far too much focus on the worlds than the gameplay.

in the past the world wasan't the main Focus of the pack, the gameplay was.

I mean look how city living turned out :#

To me after nearly 4 years the gameplay is still so bare

as two and three had so much more in term of worlds and gameplay.

maybe we get imprtovements to gameplay without a world in every pack

Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    SteveTheSimmerSteveTheSimmer Posts: 49 Member
    This was a hard choice
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    I'm dying for more Worlds tbh. The lack of the CAW tool means I'm utterly dependent on the developers. Worlds keep my game fresh and allow me to expand my stories. However, I'm not overly upset about the lack of a world in Seasons. Seasons will impact all the Worlds we currently have, and, hopefully, all the Worlds we get going forward.

So, I guess, my answer is 'it depends'. If the gameplay is substantial enough to justify the lack of a world, then I'm content.

... But I still want more Worlds xD
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    edited June 2018
    Depends on the EP and only if we get more free worlds patched it at least. I need more space!
    Another world with apartments would be nice...
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'd prefer no new worlds so my real vote would be please stop giving us worlds unless they add to the theme and offer new game play like a world with a beach or University I feel as if worlds take away actual stuff I'm looking which is game play and new systems that change how you play not new scenery.

Why would you want the option of less when you can have more?? You don't even have to use the worlds lol
    Why would I want "less" and I could just not use the worlds you say...

Why do you assume just because we don't get a world we get "less"? When they create a world that takes out time and a large chunk of that packs budget so we do get less we get less systems added we get less objects we lose a lot to gain a world which I don't really care for. So I guess your right I could get a world I don't even have to use or a lot of content I will actually use such a hard choice for me.

I disagree. We do not get "less" when we get a world.

Seasons comes with a new feature that affects all gameplay, the Holiday/Events calendar, that is the focus and core of the EP.
    The rest are:
    - a few gameplay objects
    - a half skill
    - a new career for YA+
    - a half career for kids and teens (scout)
    - some new harvestables
    - A WEATHER SYSTEM (that is not the best for what we've seen so far: no depth in snow, rain not really falling on the ground or on objects with water or roofs)
    Then a little revamp of the existing worlds. Also not an overwhelming amount of Build/Buy objects, and no new traits (reward traits are not real traits) nor new aspiration. Also no things for pools even though it is a Seasons EP. No new venues either.

The overhaul of the gardening skill and the glass roofs come for free for everyone so I don't count them as part of the EP that you end up paying for.

Get Together comes also with a new feature that affects all gameplay, the Club system, also the main focus and core of the EP.
    It also adds:
    - a few gameplay objects
    - a half skill
    - a full skill
    - 2 new venues
    - 2 traits
    - 1 aspiration
    - Items for pools and new build mode dedicated to pools
    - A NEW AMAZING WORLD
    Also, the fact that it came with a new world meant that it came with tons of Build/Buy objects in different styles, from modern and industrial to traditional European.
    No careers in this one and no new harvestables.

Overall, as you can see, there's not much of a difference and I really don't believe Seasons brings more than Get Together. You can like the theme more or whatever, but content wise you can't say that if they came without worlds we will get "more".

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    Overall, as you can see, there's not much of a difference and I really don't believe Seasons brings more than Get Together. You can like the theme more or whatever, but content wise you can't say that if they came without worlds we will get "more".

I don't think you provided an objective look at Seasons at all, and this is coming from someone whose favourite world is Windenburg.

Both the weather system and the revamp of existing worlds look incredibly time intensive and labour intensive.p. For the revamp, all ten worlds needed their assets changed in order to work with Seasons. All the ambient trees needed to be remade and tested to ensure they functioned as they were supposed to, and many worlds have shorter days and different climates. Snow in Salvadorada or Oasis Springs will be rarer than in Windenburg. I appreciate that a lot more than snow depth.

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

I don't think you provided an objective look at Seasons at all, and this is coming from someone whose favourite world is Windenburg.

Both the weather system and the revamp of existing worlds look incredibly time intensive and labour intensive.p. For the revamp, all ten worlds needed their assets changed in order to work with Seasons. All the ambient trees needed to be remade and tested to ensure they functioned as they were supposed to, and many worlds have shorter days and different climates. Snow in Salvadorada or Oasis Springs will be rarer than in Windenburg. I appreciate that a lot more than snow depth.

I know, I'm not saying it had less I'm saying basically it's the same.
    Also, the rain and the snow are far from perfect.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I think the question should be: would you be ok with more EPs without world's for an increase in gameplay quality and depth?

ME! lol...I always said that I wouldn't care if there were significantly less worlds released because I knew all along that if they weren't having to waste resources on these worlds that we'd get a ton of new gameplay features which is far more appealing and worthwhile to me!
    That’s not the case though, in comparison to previous games that did offer more worlds, so there is no relation apparently.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I think it depends on what the pack is, I for one though can use all the room I can get, so when they add in New Worlds I am happy cause that means to Me more room to place My chars I made and buildings, :)
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I mean I could definitely use more worlds.

As long as they make sense with the pack of course. Like I understood why they didn’t include a new world in Seasons because they had to update all the other worlds. And all new worlds will have to be adaptable for seasons.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    Depends on the EP and only if we get more free worlds patched it at least. I need more space!
    Another world with apartments would be nice...

apartments only came with city living though. not paying for them again personally, city living apartments are dreadful.

• Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    Only if we get a create a world tool or more free worlds like Newcrest. It is easy to run out of space.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Only if we get a create a world tool or more free worlds like Newcrest. It is easy to run out of space.

I still have loads lol. I only play a couple of games saves though. I can understand why others need more though

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2018
    20-lot world in EP
    5-lot world in GP
    no world in SP

If you remove the world from EP, the SimNation will become very tiny.
    I can't imagine The Sims 4 be limited to 10 big worlds (+ 2 small worlds, MP and FH).

The only ways would be :
    • Empty 20-lot world in patch like Newcrest
    • Create-A-World / Customizable world presets
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I was quite annoyed when I heard seasons didn't come with a new world.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2018
    If you look at the missing themes, Superstar, Makin' Magic and Free Time could exist without a world.
    • Superstar / Showtime
    • Makin' Magic / Supernatural
    • University
    • Vacation / Bon Voyage / Island Paradise
    • Free Time
    • Into The Future
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    ElenPink wrote: »
    I was quite annoyed when I heard seasons didn't come with a new world.

to be honest, I was happy. might yet more features without one. plus isn't the hole point of seassons seeing how it looks in current worlds.
    they did the same thing with seasons from the sims 3.