Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possibly Witches/Magic World as GP for Fall?

Comments

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    If there is a magic world released I would like to see more than witches as a life state. Fairies, Elves, Goblins, Werewolves, Shapeshifters and Zombies all spring to mind.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    I am hoping for any form of occult life state. Witches/wizards would be great, as would werewolves, fairies, elves, kitsune, are anything like that from any culture.
  • Options
    NoahDreamNoahDream Posts: 3 New Member
    What if the world was like swampy overgrown!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    A Witches pack would probably come packed with seasonal stuff for Autumn and take advantage of stuff they should have put in.

Or maybe we'll get some new pets - ie familiars like crows.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I hope so and maybe since jungle pack you could be witchdoxtor
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    I hope so and maybe since jungle pack you could be witchdoxtor

I never thought of that!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Fingers and toes crossed - so wanting Magic + Witches and Wizards this fall. And I hope it is as in-depth as they did Vamps.

Gosh I'd be so thrilled.

Yes! I don't think every supernatural needs their own pack, but Vampires and Witches are easily the most popular and fleshed out to deserve it.

I seriously hope that they add a bunch of cross play with the witches like in sims 2, they did it a bit with the sims 3 but not to the extremes of sims 2.

In sims 3 they could summon the green rain with the weather totem, and being near small pets gave an aura, but in sims 2 they could change the weather and summon the spectral cat. They could interact even more with weather by magically raking all the leaves or absorbing puddles. I loved those little touches.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    If there is a magic world released I would like to see more than witches as a life state. Fairies, Elves, Goblins, Werewolves, Shapeshifters and Zombies all spring to mind.

Disagree. They can only add so much per pack due to budget and time scedule. If they add all of them into one pack, and if they were to add all of that, each would have as much or less content and feautures to them as the Skeletons in Jungle adventure. I want Witches to be at least as fleshed out as Vampires.

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Fingers and toes crossed - so wanting Magic + Witches and Wizards this fall. And I hope it is as in-depth as they did Vamps.

Gosh I'd be so thrilled.

Yes! I don't think every supernatural needs their own pack, but Vampires and Witches are easily the most popular and fleshed out to deserve it.

I seriously hope that they add a bunch of cross play with the witches like in sims 2, they did it a bit with the sims 3 but not to the extremes of sims 2.

In sims 3 they could summon the green rain with the weather totem, and being near small pets gave an aura, but in sims 2 they could change the weather and summon the spectral cat. They could interact even more with weather by magically raking all the leaves or absorbing puddles. I loved those little touches.

This. All of this and more. Much more.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I think I may be over tired, I see this thread and think: I don't want my witches to fall! Please give their brooms seat belts!

And then I tied to reread the thread name POSSIBLY WITCHES/MAGIC WORLD AS GP(as in general practitioner, as in Doctor) FOR FALL
    Which then has me thinking that there should be a pack with witches and The Doctor.

Yep. Time for bed.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I keep wondering if Witches will get their own life-state at all or if we'll be humans learning magic. It saves the Devs making a new lifestate and would give them time for working on magic.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I hope it's an expansion and not game pack, but seeing as how they released vampires in a game pack worries me that there will be no supernatural EP and they will release bits and pieces as game packs instead which would be really disappointing if so

this is why I don't feel game packs should be a replacement to expansions. bit and pieces instead of a fuller pack like supernatural.

allready we have outdoor restreat and jungle adventure and I find world adventures and the holiday packs so much better then either

vamps are great but don't want to have to buy each life state in game packs instead of a supernatural expansion.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    For Witches specifically, I want a GP over an EP. EPs are bigger, but they're also broader and I feel that if Witches were included as one of many Supernatural life states, their gameplay wouldn't have the level of depth that the Vampires have. I really want my Witches to be fun to play.

I do hope that the life state isn't overly influenced by pop culture too much. It'd be cool if the system was flexible enough to mimic Harry Potter, the Wicked Witch of the West, Frozen's Elsa and any other given example. I don't want magic to be rooted into wands, or tired to a morality system.
  • Options
    Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    P-please.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2018
    Either September or November, I want that GP to have no relationship with Halloween, at all, it just limits the concept.

But I hope there's a Sorcerers GP... or a Werewolves GP this year, something Supernatural.

I can just picture it already

Elemental Spells
    Fireball - Conjure a ball of fire, keep warm, a candle Light a fire, char your enemies to the bone!
    Lightning Strike - Summon a bolt of Lightning down from the heavens to, simply make a point, or smite your enemies.
    Splash - Spin a vortex of water at your enemies, knocking them off their feet.
    Ice Storm - Send a chill of Ice into the air, keep cool, or freeze your enemies to their soul!
    Quake - Make sims tremble by creating shock waves into the earth
    Quicksand - loosen the ground
    Tornado - create fast winds and blow around sims, and lighter objects.

Light Magic, dealing light magic to a victim gives them familiar warmth and energy, so Energized and Happiness could enrich the victim.

Lux Flare - Engulf the area in a shroud of Blinding Light, leaving victims stunned (Dazed).
    Protection (+) - Place a Protection spell on a Sim or Property. Forbidding malignant forces from entering, unless they surrender.

[trying to think of more awesome light magic spells so light magic doesn't seem so frail and weak]

Dark Magic, dealing Dark magic to a victim usually insinuates, hopelessness, helplessness, so Sadness and anger could befall the victim. but the more darkness the victim takes on the more endurance they build against it?

Dark Aura Blast - Blast a wave of dark energy devastating the target.
    Shadow Form - Move about the shadows shrouded in darkness.
    Immobilization - Stop a creature in their tracks, almost as if they're frozen in time So you can carry out your plans/plans without interference.
    Eclipse - cloud another's vision in Darkness.
    Heart Thief - With intention, do not hesitate, it's like plucking an apple ready for harvest, simply reach into the chest of another sim, get a grip on the Victims, and pull out. and hey presto, you now hold hold control over your victim. what's that? don't they need their heart to survive?
    Well yes, However the Heart you hold is an Enchanted. Strong enough to keep it's owner to live outside the body... no strings attached.
    What can you do with another's Heart?
    When you hold a heart you control it. You control their actions, their emotions, their life is literally in you hands.
    What about the Sim?
    Does it matter? Well if you must know, That sim after a few days will feel emptiness, and slowly turn into a Heartless, a state of emotion, feeling nothing, not even anger, sadness, or pain, just an emptiness longing for fulfillment.

Now that is what I call Dark Magic.

Game Play Objects:
    Spell Book - Unlock and Learn Spells (Part of UI)
    Cauldron - Craft your Potions, Curses, Elixirs.
    Old Fashioned broom - it's just a broom, doesn't really serve a purpose... perhaps you can give it purpose?
    Looking Glass - A grand ornate mirror, Not nearly as, personal. You ought to make it personal. imbue it with enough of your own power and see what happens. Plus you'll always have someone to tell you "YOU are the fairest in all the land."

Potions and Curses - While I love Potions that toy with emotions, and needs. I would love it if it went deeper.
    Maybe ingredients, that determine how a curse can be broken/reversed? So if I was making a Sleeping Curse, and I did want true loves kiss to break the curse, I would have to add a symbol of love. Also he Game should register if I was playing rotationally, and I played the victim's house who was under the sleeping curse, they should always remain asleep, rotating house holds will not wake them. Only those with Good friends or higher relationships can wake the victim, if player kills all sims who have a relationship, the sim will also never wake.

[adding later]

Sleeping Curse - Places victim under a Perpetual Slumber
    Side effects when woken up: Nightmares/Insomnia.

Corpulent Curse - Ruin that gym bod they were working so hard on.
    Diminishing Curse - Reduce victim to nothing but skin and bones, also resets Fitness and Wellness skill
    Curse of Infertility - Ruins the chances of a couple of ever conceiving a child.
    Ingredients: I don't care about the other ingredients but I believe The Tears of a Toddler/child should be a part of it.

I'm aware of the ratings and I don't think anything I listed above will boost the ratings. there's no blood, no spells would bring death. I just think Magic should run deeper and be more serious. which makes it more fun.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »
    I think I may be over tired, I see this thread and think: I don't want my witches to fall! Please give their brooms seat belts!

And then I tied to reread the thread name POSSIBLY WITCHES/MAGIC WORLD AS GP(as in general practitioner, as in Doctor) FOR FALL
    Which then has me thinking that there should be a pack with witches and The Doctor.

Yep. Time for bed.

LOL--I wish there was a funny button. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Either September or November, I want that GP to have no relationship with Halloween, at all, it just limits the concept.

But I hope there's a Sorcerers GP... or a Werewolves GP this year, something Supernatural.

Elemental Spells
    Fireball - Conjure a ball of fire, keep warm, a candle Light a fire, char your enemies to the bone!
    Lightning Strike - Summon a bolt of Lightning down from the heavens to, simply make a point, or smite your enemies.
    Ice Storm - Send a chill of Ice into the air, keep cool, or freeze your enemies to their soul!

Light Magic, dealing light magic to a victim gives them familiar warmth and energy, so Energized and Happiness could enrich the victim.

Lux Flare - Engulf the area in a shroud of Blinding Light, leaving victims stunned (Dazed).
    Protection (+) - Place a Protection spell on a Sim or Property. Forbidding malignant forces from entering, unless they surrender.
    [trying to think of more awesome light magic spells so light magic doesn't seem so frail and weak]

Dark Magic, dealing Dark magic to a victim usually insinuates, hopelessness, helplessness, so Sadness and anger could befall the victim. but the more darkness the victim takes on the more endurance they build against it?

Immobilization - Stop a creature in their tracks, almost as if they're frozen in time So you can carry out your plans/plans without interference.
    Heart Thief - With intention, do not hesitate, it's like plucking an apple ready for harvest, simply reach into the chest of another sim, get a grip on the Victims, and pull out. and hey presto, you now hold hold control over your victim. what's that? don't they need their heart to survive?
    Well yes, However the Heart you hold is an Enchanted. Strong enough to keep it's owner to live outside the body... no strings attached.
    When you hold a heart you control it. You control their actions, their emotions, their life is literally in you hands.
    What about the Sim?
    Does it matter? Well if you must know, That sim after a few days will feel emptiness, and slowly turn into a Heartless, a state of emotion, feeling nothing, not even anger, sadness, or pain, just an emptiness longing for fulfillment.

Game Play Objects:
    Old Fashioned broom - it's just a broom, doesn't really serve a purpose... perhaps you can give it purpose?
    Looking Glass - A grand ornate mirror, Not nearly as, personal. You ought to make it personal. imbue it with enough of your own power and see what happens. Plus you'll always have someone to tell you "YOU are the fairest in all the land."

Potions and Curses - While I love Potions that toy with emotions, and needs. I would love it if it went deeper.
    Maybe ingredients, that determine how a curse can be broken/reversed? So if I was making a Sleeping Curse, and I did want true loves kiss to break the curse, I would have to add a symbol of love. Also he Game should register if I was playing rotationally, and I played the victim's house who was under the sleeping curse, they should always remain asleep, rotating house holds will not wake them. Only those with Good friends or higher relationships can wake the victim, if player kills all sims who have a relationship, the sim will also never wake.

[adding later]

Corpulent Curse -
    Diminishing Curse -
    Curse of Infertility - Ruins the chances of a couple of ever conceiving a child.
    Ingredients: 1 Toad Stool, 1 Rose, The Tears of a Toddler.

I'm aware of the ratings and I don't think anything I listed above will boost the ratings. there's no blood, no spells would bring death. I just think Magic should run deeper and be more serious. which makes it more fun.

Love these ideas. The looking glass reminded me of Alice in Wonderland...it'd be cool if there was a world you could find (similar to Planet Sixam) that was magical!
  • Options
    Weather spells, for those who have seasons.
    Transformation spells.
    (You remember in the old days when you could turn other sims into frogs? I want that back, with a few more options)
    Flying brooms are a given.
    I already mentioned the beards.

What I would love, but was never in a Sims game, is if our Witches could use crystals to make circles of protection that protect us from magic spells of other witches and stop unwanted Occults from entering.
  • Options
    For Witches specifically, I want a GP over an EP. EPs are bigger, but they're also broader and I feel that if Witches were included as one of many Supernatural life states, their gameplay wouldn't have the level of depth that the Vampires have. I really want my Witches to be fun to play.

I do hope that the life state isn't overly influenced by pop culture too much. It'd be cool if the system was flexible enough to mimic Harry Potter, the Wicked Witch of the West, Frozen's Elsa and any other given example. I don't want magic to be rooted into wands, or tired to a morality system.

I'm not so willling to assume that they will be better in a game pack than they were in the sims 3.

vampires I know are okay. until I see them I can't say if they will be great or any other lifestate.

I hope so though magic is my second favorite...

• Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

I'm not so willling to assume that they will be better in a game pack than they were in the sims 3.

vampires I know are okay. until I see them I can't say if they will be great or any other lifestate.

Witches are my favourite. That is why I am so passionate about them. (Well, that and some stuff in my Childhood. Long Story)

With that said, we do know that the Sims Team has a limited amount of time and money per pack. As Vampires was a Gamepack, they could focus on them, instead of adding them as a on the side thing in City Living or something. They added Aliens to GTW and had a small world that barely counts as playable space. Aliens have two outfits, a series of interactions and such, but they aren't that special compared to Sims 2 or Sims 3. Vampires had the entire Budget and development time dedicated to them, and the result was the best vampires in the Sims Franchise yet. Maybe gaming in General, but maybe that goes a bit far...

Vampires really set the bar high. Vampires being so good creates high expectations for future Occults. And I am sure they know that.
    Therefore, if they really are as passionate about the game as they say and aren't just saying that for the money and actually secretly hate the game, they will want to make any occult to come live up to that or top it even.
    Witches have such a great potential, with powers FAR beyond vampires, they could actually pull that off, if done correctly and with enough dedication. And that works best if they don't have to worry about 300 other things to put in the same pack at the same time.

I am not saying they are guaranteed to be great. What I am saying is that it is more likely for them to be as good or perhaps even better than vampires is if they have their own Gamepack dedicated to them.
  • Options
    Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    I'm dying for occults because normal Sims bore me to death. A witch centered game pack couldn't come soon enough. Witches, Werewolves and Faeries, please! I highly doubt they'll make mermaids since you can't even swim in anything but pools, though.
  • Options
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Elemental Spells

What about the Sim?

Game Play Objects:

[adding later]

Corpulent Curse -
    Diminishing Curse -
    Ingredients: 1 Toad Stool, 1 Rose, The Tears of a Toddler.

Love these ideas. The looking glass reminded me of Alice in Wonderland...it'd be cool if there was a world you could find (similar to Planet Sixam) that was magical!

I was thinking Snow white, You can imprison other sims in your mirror, to make your own personal Magic Mirror. but Using Mirrors as portals, if not to another new dimension, using it as a way to travel would be cool too.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    Armilus616 wrote: »

Witches are my favourite. That is why I am so passionate about them. (Well, that and some stuff in my Childhood. Long Story)

With that said, we do know that the Sims Team has a limited amount of time and money per pack. As Vampires was a Gamepack, they could focus on them, instead of adding them as a on the side thing in City Living or something. They added Aliens to GTW and had a small world that barely counts as playable space. Aliens have two outfits, a series of interactions and such, but they aren't that special compared to Sims 2 or Sims 3. Vampires had the entire Budget and development time dedicated to them, and the result was the best vampires in the Sims Franchise yet. Maybe gaming in General, but maybe that goes a bit far...

Vampires really set the bar high. Vampires being so good creates high expectations for future Occults. And I am sure they know that.
    Therefore, if they really are as passionate about the game as they say and aren't just saying that for the money and actually secretly hate the game, they will want to make any occult to come live up to that or top it even.
    Witches have such a great potential, with powers FAR beyond vampires, they could actually pull that off, if done correctly and with enough dedication. And that works best if they don't have to worry about 300 other things to put in the same pack at the same time.

I am not saying they are guaranteed to be great. What I am saying is that it is more likely for them to be as good or perhaps even better than vampires is if they have their own Gamepack dedicated to them.

I do hope magic is as good,if not better than the sims 3.
    I agree vampires are the best yet. I regard them as one of the best features to come out of the series.

I guess I just lack trust in the develpers because of the most recent GP's EP's.

I understand where your coming from.

• Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    The only lot Trait idea i have so far for Witches GP is Magical Ley-line.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Armilus616 wrote: »

I do hope magic is as good,if not better than the sims 3.
    I agree vampires are the best yet. I regard them as one of the best features to come out of the series.

I guess I just lack trust in the develpers because of the most recent GP's EP's.

I understand where your coming from.

You're not the only one, and I'm still thinking about what they came up with in the Sims, Sims 2 and Sims 3. *Cringes*
    Sorcerers could easily outdo Vampires, as they should.They are not even close to the same life state, so they would require a whole new power system, and such.

Cynel1 wrote: »
    The only lot Trait idea i have so far for Witches GP is Magical Ley-line.

Hmm, Something like "Sacred Grounds" would be cool, Sort of a Natural Enchantment that has been there since the dawn of time, that Keeps Energy Levels up to allow infinite amounts of spell casting.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I keep wondering if Witches will get their own life-state at all or if we'll be humans learning magic. It saves the Devs making a new lifestate and would give them time for working on magic.

I want both types of witches, natural born and human. I'd like witches to be born into magic and can learn spells and develop powers from a "tree" the same way we could with vampires.

Humans should be able to study and develop magic but not to the same extent that born witches can, there should be a difference if you're born into magic as opposed to learning it. Maybe the top tier of powers (the really good, powerful ones) are lock to humans with magic.

As for the world, I'd like something similar to Makin' Magic. I'd like three neighborhoods.
    One for magic that would have vendors who sell brooms, magic books, ingredients, etc. A place to learn to ride your broom, a dueling spot, and other things like this that witches need.
    Another could be the Spooky Carnival where strange things can happen. A haunted house, Clown/Spooky coaster, miniature golf, "magic" shows, etc.
    The last would be a neighborhood for sims to live in but I want it to be less of a subdivision and more spread out. I don't want the houses right next door to each other. I want some distance between them with winding dirt roads and forests in between. Similar to the farm area in Windenburg.