Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A quick SimGuru update...

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    Thanks Graham, I was also getting a bit annoyed with the community negativity as of late. I understand where it's coming from but genuine discussions about sims ideas or speculation seemed to be getting pushed to the side in favour of some good old fashioned doomsaying.

I hope this puts an end to that and we can see some more interesting discussions about the game and future content now. Afterall that's what I'm here for.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    When you guys aren't working on the game, do you take the time to read some of these threads? Also, is this a justified necro or not? I understand if it's not.
  • Options
    AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    Thank you for the update. I'm not sure if Sims 4 is going anywhere particularly great so I wouldn't mind a new iteration but I don't want the Sims to end.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I don't believe this silence is about anything other than EA needing to make a big announcement at EA Play. The fact EA just rolled out Sims4 for console and Sims4 mobile doesn't automatically hint that the PC version is ending. The PC version of The Sims has always been the most popular. The sales figures for the console version are good today but what will happen if those numbers dip in the future? What will happen when Sims4 can't be played on the next generation of consoles? Truth is, I doubt EA is willing to put all their golden eggs in one basket. If they play this out properly they can look forward to making money across three different platforms in the future. This is something they have been attempting to accomplish for years. So I do believe there are good things coming for Sim4. And I am happy SimGuruGraham was able to tell us all is not lost. The Sims will survive but we might have longer spans of time between releases of new content to look forward to as this iteration goes along. And as far as there not being a Sim5? That won't happen as long as the PC version remains the most popular and sales support it.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    People who think Sims 4 on console means Sims 4 on PC is ending are nuts.
    It's the other way around. Sims 4 will be alive until next generation of consoles. At a minimum. Pumping out expansions to twice as many customers = Twich the cash.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited May 2018
    That's perfectly understandable. I think everyone is glad to hear that the Sims 4 will continue to be updated with new content and isn't going anywhere.

P.S I don't know how feasible this would be, but would it ever be possible for EA to put out a CC scanner that finds broken or incompatible content in the mods folder for both PC and MAC? I think that would be wicked cool for an update. lol
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    When you guys aren't working on the game, do you take the time to read some of these threads? Also, is this a justified necro or not? I understand if it's not.

Speaking for myself, I skim through various sections of the forums daily to get an overall sense of what players are discussing. I know other gurus read them as well :)

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Speaking for myself, I skim through various sections of the forums daily to get an overall sense of what players are discussing. I know other gurus read them as well :)
    thanks @SimGuruGraham <3
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Thanks for letting us know, Graham. (Hope you had an excellent birthday yesterday!)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID!!!