Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A quick SimGuru update...

Comments

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Thank you, SimGuruGraham. As a long time Simmer, I have come to appreciate your calm voice of reason whenever chaos breaks out. Your dedication to the game and the fans is heartwarming. You deserve a medal for all the good things you do for us. <3
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Thank you for this update Graham! I really appreciate it, especially because we don't have a CM to do these kind of statements.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Thanks for the update. I'm relieved because I was worried the computer game would be binned in favour of mobile games.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Thank you, Graham! You are so freaking awesome!!!

In light of your past and future awesomeness, your sim self has been inducted into the Ceres Hall of Fame, which means virtual Graham is forever safe from the voodoo doll, and other forms of mischievous deviance, in my game. <3 lol
    (Not valid when concerning kitchen fires due to poor grilled cheese preparation, cause that's just shameful).

Thanks for taking the time to dispel the insanity!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,835 Member
    What was expressed to me was that, while we aren’t going to discuss or refute rumors and speculation point for point (which I’d really suggest approaching with a healthy dose of skepticism), it’s totally fine to reiterate publicly shared info that yes, The Sims 4 continues to be a genuine success, and there’s plenty to look forward to on the PC in the future.
    Awesome! Thanks @SimGuruGraham
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Thanks SimGuruGraham for the update. ;)
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sir, your efforts to reach out and speak to us directly are most appreciated. Thank you.
  • BlueJeans04989BlueJeans04989 Posts: 84 Member
    Great news and good to hear about the PC team. Thank you so much for reaching out. I know how difficult that can be sometimes in a highly public situation.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited May 2018
    You are my favorite guru for a reason! Thanks for addressing the unrest. I really love Sims 4 on PC and was heartbroken when rumors first broke out that this may be the end! I can't wait to see what's in store for my favorite game. :)
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited May 2018
    Thank you, Graham. I truly appreciate you taking the time to come on here and give the community some peace of mind. :) I know we can be a bit worried sometimes because of flooding rumors, I can't speak for the whole community, (because there's mixed feelings about Sims 4), but I know that we love this franchise on the PC side and we just want to see our favorite PC game (The Sims generally not specifically just Sims 4) shine/strive/succeed. You have always been one of the Guru's that steps up and comes to the forums to shed some light on things and it may not seem like it, but you're appreciated, at least in my book. ♥

While I wasn't thinking that the Sims 4 was going to be discontinued, I was a little bit worried when staff was moving/leaving, etc just because it seemed super sudden.. and it makes me sad and happy just because I know that some of the team went to try new opportunities and I wish them the best! But also, sad because some have been with us for a really long time. Been playing since Sims 1 and we've been through so many Guru's over the years, but it doesn't make it any less harder when one (or more) give us a fare well message. :(

I figured this much when we were told we weren't getting a Quarterly teaser this April that we'd have to wait until June. This probably could mean... something pretty exciting is coming if you're wanting to announce it at EA Play something you guys have not attended in since EA Play begun, and you haven't even been attending E3. So, that makes me a bit excited and extremely anxious... because we just don't know what it could be. I feel that it has to be something exciting, because why else would you attend E3/EA Play when you haven't in so many years? But that's where the anxious part comes into play because.. it makes me feel like.. maybe it's a "line up" like the end of Sims 3. But you say Sims 4 is still going strong.

Hopefully it's a line up.. to give us some better insight and to maybe give us two expansion packs instead of 1! That would be AHMAZING! ;p but like I've mentioned before... a Simmer can dream... ehem.. D:

Again. Thank you for the clarification. I love the Sims 4 and I feel that it has so much more to explore! So, bring on the announcement this June, I'm readyyy! :D

1 month and a few days to go. Woo! *confetti*
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Hope we get a stuffpack in July.
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Thank you, SimGuruGraham. As a long time Simmer, I have come to appreciate your calm voice of reason whenever chaos breaks out. Your dedication to the game and the fans is heartwarming. You deserve a medal for all the good things you do for us. <3

This! Very well said. Also want to thank @SimGuruHouts for stopping by as well. It is appreciated.
  • DecemberlynneDecemberlynne Posts: 2 New Member
    Whew! Good to know, I looove my SIMS! Would hate to lose it! <3.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    THANK YOU, SimGuruGraham.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    I make Cinebar's words mine.
    And I add something: where are our functional elevators, spiral staicases, cars, story progression, terrain tools, for example?... :(
    And thank you for your words, SimGuruGraham.
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    thank you SimGuruGraham , we all appreciate the update , thank you for taking the time to write it
    shame we have to wait till June for any new stuff , I hope it's worth the wait ,
    I don't know why you can't be CM But you are probably to busy for all that , if I lived in the US I Would apply lol

Happy simming everyone

• IndustrialSimIndustrialSim Posts: 12 New Member
    thank you so much! I've been really uneasy, pretty much because I've been playing sims for the past 16 years, and it's been a constant in my life. It's a game I love very much and im sure I'll play for the rest of my life. I would be extremely sad if the sims had an abrupt end. Thanks again!
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Thanks for sharing this @SimGuruGraham. Nice to get some clarity.
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Its Nice to hear !! Thank you , Thank you.. I have been worried and you have calmed my fears..... Now looking forward to whats next , with out fear !!
    Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited May 2018
    Thank you for the update, must admit I was concerned that the PC version was being quietly killed off. I wish you guys could tell us more and be more open, but I guess that's just how most of these big companies operate. It would probably be beneficial for EA and Maxis if they were more open, it would keep fan enthusiasm up and improve consumer-company relations. I guess that would take a big culture change, we all know how rigid big companies are.

I don't think anyone blames the Gurus when there is an information drought :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Thank you for this!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Thank you for the update @SimGuruGraham, I hope you all find a very epic CM for us! Until then cheers and keep on simming! <3