Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spicy Challenge Bug, and Food ordering Bug

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Here's the thing, I have to many Sims 4 file folders sitting on my desktop as it is. So how do I know which one to copy back?

When you first move the sims 4 folder to your desktop, rename the folder straight away. You can rename it the current date . Then after resetting the sims 4 folder, delete the new saves and tray folder that have been generated in the new Documents-Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder. Then go to the renamed sims 4 folder that is on the desktop and “ copy” the old saves and tray folders that are in that sims 4 folder and place them in the new Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder
    Oh okay, thank you rosemow. :)
    ETA: There's one other trick to try. See both of the sims that are having issue with eating what they have ordered from the food stall down in Selvadorada have ordered food from other food stalls and ate them just prior to heading to Selvadorada. But the one sim that can eat food from the stall in Selvadorada didn't order food from the other food stalls in the other worlds first. I had sent that sim straight to Selvadorada where they had ordered their first dish from a food vendor first. So what I'm thinking is start a new game, send the sim straight to Selvadorada and have them order from that food stall. And see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Update on food ordering bug: Okay now I'm really baffled about this bug. This new sim that I'm playing couldn't any thing that they had ordered from the food stall at the Selvadorada village market. So well okay, I had decided to just send them to explore the jungle with no archaeology experience what so ever. In the jungle, they go to the island, and next to the royal bath, and then on to the temple after that where they get hit with a poisoned dart. They had a small window there to finish up in the temple, and they did. So I sent the sim straight to the market from the temple for the antidote which they did chug that down and rid themselves of the poison. At this time I had remember how they couldn't eat what they have ordered from this food stall. So I had decided to have them order a drink from there. But for some reason my mind said have the sim order food from here again. And I did, I told them to order something from the secret menu. The sim did, and they ate the dish that they just order. Now I'm like okay what's going on here? Why is this sim suddenly able to eat what they ordered from this food stall when they couldn't a little while ago? They did this 5 times in a row with out fail. They ordered 2 dishes from the secret menu, and 3 from the tourist menu. Can some one at Maxis please have a look this part of the game, and find out what's going on? Why the sim was suddenly able to eat what they ordered from the food stall after having came back from exploring the temple? I have repaired the game, and are not running any Mods or CC's with this game.
    ETA: The sim's food ordering issue had started right after having gotten to Selvadorada to start their vacation there. They are on a 7 day stay in Selvadorada.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is good that they can eat the food again. It is unclear as to why there was an issue before, but it is good that the issue doesn’t seem to be there now.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is good that they can eat the food again. It is unclear as to why there was an issue before, but it is good that the issue doesn’t seem to be there now.
    No argument here about that! :) That's why I had asked Maxis for help in finding cause and fixing it. Because it made absolutely no sense at all has to why the sim had the issue, and then suddenly doesn't. It's not to say that the issue has some how corrected it's self. I mean this one has probably got to be one of the top strange game issues.