Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Stuff #3 on Origin

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The Sims can become addiction and as a Sim addict I'll buy anything Sim related even knowing it's recolor gimmick. I have been on this Sim train for 20 years even bought a new PC just for the Sims. The Sims are relaxing compared to the first person shooters I play.
  • Options
    HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    HueyJefe wrote: »
    Nobody has the right to tell another person what they can and cannot buy. I bought it, I'm not ashamed. It's my money, it's my decision. I wasn't one of those folks who was having a breakdown over this pack. I needed those shades.

Well I’m happy for you but I bought it too and I am ashamed. I could’ve gotten a medium sized coffee with that $10. I might go get one anyway and reflect on my poor financial decisions.

Pretty sure you could get a whole package or two of coffee for $10, lol.

I bought a Keurig and tried the k-cup thing but it just doesn’t taste the same. Maybe it’s the experience of having it made. Idk. Plus I get Caps & Fraps mainly and idk how to do that. First-world problem but Starbeezy gets all my monies!
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I would have thought the real question was how well it sold compared to other stuff packs. If they make less money from this than other packs then that will be what influences them even if they still made money on this pack. I'm also assuming this list is most popular at the moment, so given the fact this pack released yesterday I would expect it to be high on the list.
  • Options
    HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2018
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    I would have thought the real question was how well it sold compared to other stuff packs. If they make less money from this than other packs then that will be what influences them even if they still made money on this pack. I'm also assuming this list is most popular at the moment, so given the fact this pack released yesterday I would expect it to be high on the list.

Yep. Whoever is good at Excel should take one for the team and crunch some numbers or sumn.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I think for me it is more of the case as to why this couldn't have been an update like toddlers were but at the moment I don't really need this pack so I will get it at a later date or when the next EP comes out.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    happygurl wrote: »
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Nobody has the right to tell another person what they can and cannot buy. I bought it, I'm not ashamed. It's my money, it's my decision. I wasn't one of those folks who was having a breakdown over this pack. I needed those shades.

No one here is telling you not to buy it. Personally I liked the shades and the hairstyles but I still won't buy the pack because of them. That's my decision though, yours can be different. But don't expect people not to cringe at what others do, especially with the way this pack was handled. Rihanna going back to Chris Brown after he beat her up was her decision but people still found it concerning.

Are you comparing a woman going back to an abusive boyfriend to buying this pack??? :/

Didn't you know? Nothing's too far when it comes to trashing this pack or those who buy it! :p

I don't even know where to put that one on the list.. Uncaring, blind, zombie, cringeworthy, abusive tolerating? It doesn't flow well.. Cheerleader is so much happier!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Anyone should buy this if they want to! I hope they will have fun with it.

But I do kind of feel like EA is making us so hungry for content, that some will still settle for this. I'm not surprised tbh. I haven't bought this, like many other packs.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    samlyt22 wrote: »

I agree, I mentioned it already in another thread. Also, the thing is how many people will enjoy it or decide it's a bit of dissapointment. I'm sure there will be people in both groups.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I'm getting it. Didn't get the laundry-pack because that wasn't my thing but I really liked the content on the livestream and I have always wanted a rat. Haven't even gotten the new vacation GP yet but will wait a bit longer for that one. Only have time for short sessions now.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they are going to do a Vampire's Stuff Pack or something along the dangerous-side.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    NickSims wrote: »
    Anyone should buy this if they want to! I hope they will have fun with it.

But I do kind of feel like EA is making us so hungry for content, that some will still settle for this. I'm not surprised tbh. I haven't bought this, like many other packs.

undoubtedly. EA is, well, EA. luckily, I don't think we'll see anything similar to this very soon. I'm sure EA can tell one (two if you count C&D) packs dedicated to pet clothes is probably enough. we hopefully won't see such blatant content cutting again but if we do, I suspect it'll be for like horses or something. like here's our cool farm pack and here's an SP dedicated to luxury tuxedos for your ponies. unless they introduce a different unique life state that has its own separate clothing/items/etc. who knows. I don't think things being chopped up between packs is new for TS4 and the sims in general but usually it's less obvious. I like the items in the pack but I don't like how we got them.

also I fully support getting your point across to EA and stuff but not everyone who disagrees w/ ur views is like emotionally inept or disturbed. it's just video games dudes. anyway EA is stingy.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    I just don't want to buy it because I don't want them to think that making small packs for this price is okay, and would rather see a lot of items and content to justify buying a stuff pack (and also, who's first pet was a hamster?

I mean, I know all first pet experiences are different, but its like they only got a small feedback of what everyone's first pet was and happened to be a hamster (with a few different swatches) I wonder if they'll add new small pets like what they do with the holiday pack (probably not)

My first pet was a betta and my sisters was a goldfish and if we couldn't take care of it, no way were you getting a hamster or guinepig)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Ill buy anything EA dangles at me for Sims lmao

So will I.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Expect more DLC for DLC :)

I want to make one thing clear. Even though I like this pack and bought it I hope we don't see stuffpack or gamepack DLC Dependent on Expansion Packs in the future. I want new content not recycled from other packs. I sure don't want them to do this with Seasons.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2018
    It's certainly not trending in the gallery
    gyYPN78.jpg

edit to add: this screenshot was taken like 10 minutes ago.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Tempted to buy my daughter the Sims 4 and Cats&Dogs bundle while on sale.... hmm. Thanks for shoving the sale price in my face with this thread.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The main reason it's #3 is because it's just released. After all, The Sims is one of their highest selling franchises anyway.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    The main reason it's #3 is because it's just released. After all, The Sims is one of their highest selling franchises anyway.

Yah its like netflix everything new trends for while.Than after a few days it stop trending.Unless this break a stuff pack record we have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member

Well I’m happy for you but I bought it too and I am ashamed. I could’ve gotten a medium sized coffee with that $10. I might go get one anyway and reflect on my poor financial decisions.

This made me laugh. Because I'm feeling ashamed at *thinking* about buying it, yet I haven't. Thankfully, I don't like coffee. ;)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

Pretty sure you could get a whole package or two of coffee for $10, lol.

I bought a Keurig and tried the k-cup thing but it just doesn’t taste the same. Maybe it’s the experience of having it made. Idk. Plus I get Caps & Fraps mainly and idk how to do that. First-world problem but Starbeezy gets all my monies!

Starbucks and EA. :D:D
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    Very annoyed, indeed.
    I am one of those who haven’t bought this hamster/hedgehog pack.
    I assume those who bought the pack consider $10 nothing.
  • Options
    happygurl wrote: »

No one here is telling you not to buy it. Personally I liked the shades and the hairstyles but I still won't buy the pack because of them. That's my decision though, yours can be different. But don't expect people not to cringe at what others do, especially with the way this pack was handled. Rihanna going back to Chris Brown after he beat her up was her decision but people still found it concerning.

Are you comparing a woman going back to an abusive boyfriend to buying this pack??? :/

Well I'd probably stop doing it if I wouldn't see "I'm really disappointed with TS4 and I don't even know why but I still want to buy it." posts anymore.
    While the circumstances and factors differ between the scenarios, the psychology behind them is very similar. So yes, I do compare the two.

But if I don't want to buy the pack, I won't get beat up. I don't see them as that similar. My opinion, though.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited March 2018
    Hi all,

I am closing this one down. While I understand negative emotions are currently high, this is basically a thread designed to bash certain members of the community.

Thanks for understanding.

-Mage.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top