Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you going to get My First Pet Stuff??

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Ugh no
    Never!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    I don’t know yet
    I want the plum small pets but I don't want to pay $10 for just that :confounded:
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I guess....
    I'll get it but only because I've got all the other packs and it doesn't seem right not to buy one but I don't think it looks very good at all..
    I would rather they had done a stuff pack to go for the toddlers or adventures....
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes!
    Yes - I totally look forward to it - but have to wait until the end of the month. I most definitely want to get the Pygmy Hedgehog as we cannot have them in real life here in Maine - so yes.

I like the looks of the pack and the inter-actions with the sims, plus the homework and responsibility perk younger sims get with the little creatures care and study. Anything to make homework better and different is a plus for me - and new ways of getting responsibility perks to boot is a good thing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    edited March 2018
    I guess....
    mock68 wrote: »
    I'll get it but only because I've got all the other packs and it doesn't seem right not to buy one but I don't think it looks very good at all..
    I would rather they had done a stuff pack to go for the toddlers or adventures....

Agreed! Or content for teens and elders. I feel like these two generations need some serious representation in Sims 4. There's not much for them to do :(

Though I guess now they have a new pet to play with haha
  • Options
    Cellini2point0Cellini2point0 Posts: 7 New Member
    I don’t know yet
    I know I'm late to the party, but the more I see from CC creators with new animal morphs & cage designs, the more I want the pack. I'm still salty though. Mostly because I bought C&D full price & when MFPS came out C&D was on sale--which was a smart move, but still a bit of a "🐸🐸🐸🐸" to those who already own C&D.

Then I'm not someone who dresses up their sim cat/dog. Why would I pay money for stuff I genuinely don't plan on using? If 3/4 of a SP is interesting to me or I could see myself using it in my gameplay, I am willing to purchase it. In this case, I can't myself using 1/2 of the SP so I'm still trying to gauge if the remaining 1/2 is worth it. But then I also remember that I paid $40 for C&D. With the SP that's another $10. Seeing C&D on sale for that period of time after MFPS came out for $20 felt like a kick to my imaginary nuts & I'm still sore.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I don’t know yet
    It depends. Will there be a 50% off sale (or more)? I am at the point with the Sims that I won't pay more than 50% off (25% off if I'm really interested and I've waited long enough to justify what I see from reviews and other Simmers experiences - Vampires and Parenthood, you were so well done <3 ). I might get it then.
    This concept would have been better received if they had made a GP for small pets and included other options such as birds and reptiles.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don’t know yet
    However good that hamster looks, I'm in no rush.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    EmperorDittoEmperorDitto Posts: 128 Member
    I don’t know yet
    I like that it has new pets and a new death state too but shall wait until I can save some money first before buying it.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Yes!
    My daughter - in - law bought all the teens in the family (there are 9, 3 boys and 6 girls) the sp for Easter - she put a different code in one of those plastic eggs in all the teens Easter baskets - so all afternoon after church the teens actually got off their phones and spent the day having a blast with the small pets. I can attest teens male and female from 13 to 19 loved the pack. No body wanted to get off their laptops and come to Easter Dinner.

First family gathering in over 3 years the teens of the family weren't all in different corners with their eyes glued to a phone - well instead they were glued to lap tops. Lol.

ETA - The void creature seems to be the most popular - but the kids all suggest - please give them some color swatches for the void creature and the Rat in particular. They did not like every one having the same exact creature color wise, but said every thing else was good. They all have cats and dogs and loved the matching outfits for pets too. Big hit for our teens.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Yes!
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    My daughter - in - law bought all the teens in the family (there are 9, 3 boys and 6 girls) the sp for Easter - she put a different code in one of those plastic eggs in all the teens Easter baskets - so all afternoon after church the teens actually got off their phones and spent the day having a blast with the small pets. I can attest teens male and female from 13 to 19 loved the pack. No body wanted to get off their laptops and come to Easter Dinner.

First family gathering in over 3 years the teens of the family weren't all in different corners with their eyes glued to a phone - well instead they were glued to lap tops. Lol.

ETA - The void creature seems to be the most popular - but the kids all suggest - please give them some color swatches for the void creature and the Rat in particular. They did not like every one having the same exact creature color wise, but said every thing else was good. They all have cats and dogs and loved the matching outfits for pets too. Big hit for our teens.

How lovely! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Yes!
    Simgirl - you know what else I noticed - all of them were making sure their cages were clean and the creatures well cared for - they absolutely did not want any sims or the creatures to get sick or die. They also seem to like the idea their pets can be prevented from dying of old age.

It was refreshing - I have no deviate grand kids or nieces and nephews. No offense to the deviate players here - it just makes me happy. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    EspisayerEspisayer Posts: 43 Member
    Ugh no
    Pets are one of my favorite additions to the game but I think $10 for what you get is too expensive. Regardless of whether I have the money to buy it. :'( Maybe if they discount it sometime I'll get it.
    Nintendo gamer with a love for creativity, the dark side, and a sometimes childish sense of humor :p
    My YT Channel
  • Options
    belkelly29belkelly29 Posts: 14 New Member
    I don’t know yet
    > @Heyitsmesierra said:
    >

Honestly I'm not sure. Is it a pack for after you get the Sims 4 cats and dogs?
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Ugh no
    Didn't buy it.
    Didn't think about buying it.
    Never will buy it.
  • Options
    xxLucky185xxxxLucky185xx Posts: 48 Member
    I don’t know yet
    ok, I don't like the idea of this pack, and I've held off buying it (mainly coz I have no money - but also I think its screwed up) clearly it was stuff that was deliberately held off from Cats and dogs. However, I am a completionist and will probably get it in the end because I would like to have a complete set of that children's furniture from C&D.
  • Options
    HeyitsmesierraHeyitsmesierra Posts: 70 Member
    I guess....
    belkelly29 wrote: »
    > @Heyitsmesierra said:
    >

Honestly I'm not sure. Is it a pack for after you get the Sims 4 cats and dogs?

yes but there are some things such as the room things and the pets that are still functional. If you don't have cats and dogs the cat trees, dog beds, food bowls, etc. will be in your game but will not be functional, they will be decorative items.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I guess....
    I got it.
    I find it no more offensive than Toddler stuff, which basically was the same obvious cash grab.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Yes!
    Yes, eventually. :smile:

I hope it goes on sale or come in a bundle.

Right now, coming up on Seasons’ release, I’m buying Seasons and Parenthood. Maybe Jungle or Cats & Dogs, too.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DestrxDestrx Posts: 49 Member
    Yes!
    I will because I like rodents. Though I can't help but feel this pet stuff should have been in the expansion...
    Sims 4 gives me less to expect every year. :P
  • Options
    HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    Have you guys read this? The developers of sims may not make a Sims 5 due to all the negativity on social media...food for thought. Im sure we all want Sims 5....

In response to strong public criticism five months after the base game’s debut (My first pet stuff), developers stated that if the game didn’t succeed in sales, they wouldn’t be making a “The Sims 5"

The social media uproar has done a number on the morale of players, but it’s important to remember that a significant portion of players are still invested in the game, happy with the content and ready to purchase upcoming releases. As long as they keep it up, the franchise isn’t going anywhere — regardless of what a vocal minority continues to amplify.

https://studybreaks.com/culture/ea-the-sims/
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I don’t know yet
    Have you guys read this? The developers of sims may not make a Sims 5 due to all the negativity on social media...food for thought. Im sure we all want Sims 5....

In response to strong public criticism five months after the base game’s debut (My first pet stuff), developers stated that if the game didn’t succeed in sales, they wouldn’t be making a “The Sims 5"

The social media uproar has done a number on the morale of players, but it’s important to remember that a significant portion of players are still invested in the game, happy with the content and ready to purchase upcoming releases. As long as they keep it up, the franchise isn’t going anywhere — regardless of what a vocal minority continues to amplify.

Umm...there's something wrong with this. The base game has been out for far longer than 5 mths so it can't be referring to MFP as the uproar at 5 mths after release.
    It sounds more like someone stirring the pot...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited June 2018
    I don’t know yet
    Sims 4 is totally a success. SimGuruGrant specifically said so.

Also, I decided to get MFP on sale.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    DestrxDestrx Posts: 49 Member
    Yes!
    Anmirla wrote: »

Umm...there's something wrong with this. The base game has been out for far longer than 5 mths so it can't be referring to MFP as the uproar at 5 mths after release.
    It sounds more like someone stirring the pot...

I agree. I highly doubt The Sims is going anywhere - ever.
    It's one of the most successful titles on the market and has been (probably still is) one of the best selling games of all time.
    To think that they'd cancel such a lucrative source of income is crazy talk.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Ugh no
    I saw it was on sale yesterday and I laughed. I wouldn't even want it for free! Firstly out of principle and secondly because I find it lacking and I don't even care for what's in it.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.