Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heir Dilemma

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Fife (black hair)

off topic
    @Mikezumi Dag, Martin aged up better than I thought he would!! <3:love:

on topic
    I change my vote to both...but, of course we can't change it officially on the first post. :)
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Both and play and overstuff household
    @bekkasan I think both might be the way to go, at least until they have had a couple kids and I can see which family is my favourite :)
    Martin has Don's eyes but is otherwise mostly his mother.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Euan (ginger)
    Euan. A guy with a jaw like that... Wow! B)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    On the subject of rage-quitting, hey I do this too. I'm only human (despite some theory or other propagated on a different thread). But I think rage-quitting means different things to different players. To me, it means everything that could possibly go wrong in a particular game session has done so. Every.Single.Thing. I don't want to save this, I don't even want to look at it anymore. If I did make any saves along the way, just for that day's session, they may get deleted or set aside for further consideration. I'm going to put this all away and re-play everything on that ongoing game I just tried to do later on or next time to see if it goes better. It almost always does.

@Mikezumi - Guess it's a bit late now, but I have a feeling the votes might have skewed a little more evenly towards Fife and Both if we could please see Fife smile in these pictures at least once? In the beginning it didn't matter because none of the three potential heirs were smiling. But his dark haired father and grandfather seem to light up the room when they are happy. I think we are being shortchanged by not seeing this on him. Though if you tell me that really is his full smile in all of these pictures and that's how he looks when he is totally happy, then uhh...never mind! ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @igazor I know which thread you're talking about! I quit too easily. I started a new game. The house was haunted, which I thought was cool. At around 11:00 AM game time, a ghost buster came and asked to help. I said no, then the ghost buster did the angry animation and yelled. I felt bad for both the ghost buster and the ghosts and couldn't decide whose side to take. I was also a little intimidated by the outburst and started to get kid of panicky. Solution? Delete.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @jillbg Thank you :) I can't say I actually noticed his jaw specifically as I tend to look at the whole face ;)

@igazor Now you got me to wondering if Fife can actually smile! He, like his father Beathan, have very serious faces and getting a smile from either when taking the family photos is a real chore! Since it's hard to get them all smiling at once (I refuse to use pose player), I tend to settle for most of them smiling and leave it at that - you ever tried to herd sims? They're worse than cats! ;)
    I went on a hunt after I saw your post and this was the best I could find.
    40738359531_7d2d7263b1_o.jpg
    I'm pretty sure he would have smiled when his boyfriend autonomously proposed to him when they bumped into each other at the bowling alley but I didn't get any close ups of his face.
    39823496545_2675375a58_o.jpg

Edit to add: I just found one in a different album!
    25810777677_2ffdfe99b0_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The first two, I know they are from different scenes but I can almost hear Fife's response to the proposal. "Well, of course. It's only logical that we should get married. What took you so long to ask?"

The third one in the family album I like a bit better. What happens if someone serves him his favorite meal?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @igazor I don't tend to zoom in when my sims are eating so I wouldn't know whether he smiles or not. I do see him clapping when he is served fish and chips. I don't like the way their mouths move and all the eating sounds. I play with the volume up high because I depend on the game sounds to know what my sims are up to when they are out of sight.
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
  • Options
    Here are the boys' boyfriends :)

Fife and Brett
    40656884082_296c469652_o.jpg

Euan and Greg
    38948021450_a96a086ee3_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Ah. Everyone has their trigger(s) for genuine contentedness. Some are just more difficult to find than others. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Ah. Everyone has their trigger(s) for genuine contentedness. Some are just more difficult to find than others. :)

Personally, people who smile too much scare me! ;)
  • Options
    bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    Fife (black hair)
    @Mikezumi voted i love my red heads but i love the look of Fife he just has that edge about him his features plus i'm a sucker for dark men with light eyes <3 So Fife got my vote i've watched him as a child and loved his look. :) Not an easy decision but i love the idea of both
  • Options
    @bebasim And the gap between the boys is almost closed! Thanks for voting :)
    I am almost decided on playing both of them for a while and then deciding after they have kids which one to keep.
  • Options
    bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    Fife (black hair)
    @Mikezumi i think that would be the best idea a little different might make it more fun and hectic at the same time lol
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Euan (ginger)
    Wow. This is a tight vote! I also look at their whole faces, but, really, Euan's jaw adds to his handsomeness! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    jaimie_c3jaimie_c3 Posts: 44 Member
    Euan (ginger)
    They are both very handsome, I voted for the red head but if you can handle it I say play both! I get too overwhelmed with a stuffed house lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @jillbg It is a tight vote! I just came out of game and found that Euan is in the lead again. Poor Fife barely felt the love yesterday but suddenly picked up. Neither of the boys got Grandpa Jordan's strong jaw but I don't do weak jaws so the boys are fine in that respect. They are both so lovely to play that I really might end up playing both! :D

@jaimie_c3 Thanks for voting. I may very well be playing an overstuffed household because I love them both! When I saw your user name I got all excited because I just visited a townie toddler on her birthday and her name was Jaimie - same spelling too! :)
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
  • Options
    MedusaSimzMedusaSimz Posts: 33 Member
    Fife (black hair)
    Fife! (My inner teen is coming out loving a brooding, dark haired boy) ;)
    tumblr_opab9ws8vL1ta5iimo1_500.gif
  • Options
    jaimie_c3jaimie_c3 Posts: 44 Member
    Euan (ginger)
    @Mikezumi That's cool! I've never met or seen someone who spells it the same way:)
  • Options
    @MedusaSimz Thanks for voting. Fife's brooding looks also appeal to my inner teen! I would totally have fallen head over heals for him back in the day. With my teens 40 years gone, I get to relive the fantasies of my youth through my sims ;)
  • Options
    Fife (black hair)
    @Mikezumi No problemo!
    Thank lord for The Sims keeping us all young! ;)

I've never done a legacy challenge or anything like that before so I'm trying to convince myself to commit to one!
  • Options
    @MedusaSimz I like to play generational saves but not necessarily legacy challenges since I want to play a relaxing game. I already did the whole work hard, pay off mortgage stuff so I don't need my sims reliving that! I cheat and my sims only have to be happy and reproduce. Give a generational save a try - keep the family small if it's too stressful. You might like it :)
  • Options
    @MedusaSimz I just noticed you are a fellow Victorian! G'day and welcome to the forums :)
  • Options
    Fife (black hair)
    @Mikezumi
    Thanks for the tip! I find that compared to The Sims 3, building a fortune up can take a significantly longer time in The Sims 4!
    A generational save definitely sounds more catered to me because I like watching the family tree grow and having history in my game!

And thank you! I'm trying to get my points up so I'm not so obviously a new member ;)