Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dating Pack!

Ive recently noticed that we dont really have a lot of dating or couple interactions in the game that is super impactful.
I remember when i played the sims 2, dating was extremely entertaining and i do miss that with the sims 4. Now that parenthood has helped ALOT with family game play. I feel like a dating game pack would be awesome. A game pack that includes, meaning full dates where the sim leaves flowers on the door step like they did in sims 2 or even add the turn ons and turn offs. Those were always fun! Because just like in real life you could be attracted to someone doesn’t mean they will be attracted to you back. Which was such a great aspect in the game in sims 2. Nothing was more hilarious than when a sim had a crush and the crush did not like that sim back. Which was a real challenge.

Pretty much in sims 4 there’s no downside to crushes or romances because you can pretty much flirt with anyone and it’s fine, they will like you back.
I dunno I’m just thinking of things that i really do miss that the sims 4 seems to be lacking in. What does everyone else think? I think a romance game pack would be awesome. Not so much a EP but a game pack would do. Especially if that is the soul focus of the GP. And remember slow dancing? And the interactions you can have with the sim while doing that action? So fun! I miss that. Or dinner table engagements? I’m a hopeless romantic at heart.

Comments

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited December 2017
    I thought this the other day as well, I miss having all the interactions like that. I really miss the shower woohoo. :D I also wish we could get prom back.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    Ive recently noticed that we dont really have a lot of dating or couple interactions in the game that is super impactful.
    I remember when i played the sims 2, dating was extremely entertaining and i do miss that with the sims 4. Now that parenthood has helped ALOT with family game play. I feel like a dating game pack would be awesome. A game pack that includes, meaning full dates where the sim leaves flowers on the door step like they did in sims 2 or even add the turn ons and turn offs. Those were always fun! Because just like in real life you could be attracted to someone doesn’t mean they will be attracted to you back. Which was such a great aspect in the game in sims 2. Nothing was more hilarious than when a sim had a crush and the crush did not like that sim back. Which was a real challenge.

Pretty much in sims 4 there’s no downside to crushes or romances because you can pretty much flirt with anyone and it’s fine, they will like you back.
    I dunno I’m just thinking of things that i really do miss that the sims 4 seems to be lacking in. What does everyone else think? I think a romance game pack would be awesome. Not so much a EP but a game pack would do. Especially if that is the soul focus of the GP. And remember slow dancing? And the interactions you can have with the sim while doing that action? So fun! I miss that. Or dinner table engagements? I’m a hopeless romantic at heart.

I really think romance would be great for a game pack. I like your ideas about the return of attraction system. I think bringing in likes/dislikes and having them tie into the dating process would be cool and add a layer of personality to each sim. Perhaps in CAS we should be able to give like 3 favorite things tied to interactions/objects and then 3 least favorite things from the same list. For example, you say that a sim's favorite thing is "coffee" and they tend to drink more coffee and if their house doesn't have a coffeemaker they get a negative moodlet here and there saying "I need myself a coffeemaker! I love coffee!" and then if they hate painting and you force them to paint they could break the fourth wall like Sims 2 did and look right at you and glare about being forced to paint. Anyway, I got off track from romance topic! I was going to say that they really need to bring back the ASK... menu and have different questions a date could ask just like in Sims 2 and interests could be one of those things. They could bring in a nuanced reputation system and the ability for others to notice if one is cheating. If a sim's friend notices their partner flirting with another sim they could get a moodlet that could last a while that read something like "Noticed friend's partner cheating!! Should I tell them or not?" and if you played that sim you could get option to inform of cheating. There could be so many things like this added to a reputation system. We need more systems in the game that require the sims to react and respond to the events going on around them! It would add so much to the game!!!
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    This is not the first thread I see about a dating pack, and I definitely agree. There are some things I miss couples doing, like slow dancing, but mainly I'd love an attraction system of some kind. Like the character values from Parenthood, it could give sims more personality and make them really unique. Also, just an idea, but say all sims get three turn-ons and three offs, unflirty sims could get only two turn-ons and 4 turn-offs. That might help them a little less likely to flirt.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2017
    rekandtrs wrote: »

I agree and the game needs a lot more kiss types as well. One kiss I really want back it the peck kiss from TS2. If they can't do that they can recycle the proposal kiss peck so it can be used anytime. Also in bed romantic stuff needs to return as well as a cuddle on the sofa were they're watching tv and don't break away after 5 seconds. And I'm all for the slowdance.

In addition we need an online dating app on the phones and pc and I'd also like to see they 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Matchmaker return. And what would a romantic pack be without a honeymoon destination complete with a heartshaped fireplace,lip sofas,heart hottub for two and a vibrating heart shaped bed?
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    They should definitely do a Finding Love game pack. For a new skill they could make Romance an actual skill which unlocks new romance interactions, along with a Dating System we can spend points on. Another system they could add into the pack is the Chemistry System with the ability to learn a sim's turn on's/turn off's, like and dislikes, fears and desires, this way our sims could find the perfect match or at least find a compatible mate.

New sim relationships could be added to the pack such as In-Laws, Ex-Spouse/Boyfriend/Girlfriend, Step-Children When sims learned about another sim's relationships we could find that they're divorced and have children or not.

Woohoo could be added to the shower, along with cuddling interaction on bed, as well as on the sofa. Some new wedding attire could be added to the CAS, as well as new lingerie. Maybe even add "Seductive Dance"- nothing risque due to the E-rating of The Sims. Candles that give off a romance emotion. And maybe even a new pet-type, "Dove" since doves are associated with weddings and romance.

As for dance types- slow dancing, along with Bride & Groom dance or ballroom waltz. A new musical instrument- Harp. And maybe even a bad kiss type- "Sloppy"... with a Sim who 🐸🐸🐸🐸 another sim's face and that could be added to the Romance Skill... at level 1 romantic interactions are awkward along with the sloppy kiss which would be a huge turn-off.

New party types- Anniveraries and Bachelor/Bachelorette Party. A new special event- Wedding & Reception. Maybe even funerals.

A new vacation neighborhood the size of Forgotten Hollow... a quaint and charming Bed & Breakfast overlooking vineyards; the perfect location for a Honeymoon or a Anniversary Getaway with new gameplay activity like Nectar Tasting and Croquet.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yes please. I would like my Sims to take time through the dating process. Since there really isn't too much to do, I tend to marry them quicker than I want.

This would be the pack to take a look at adding some much needed stuff as listed by others on the thread like dancing(for the love of everything good in the world let them face each other when dancing together), honeymoons, getaways, sim relationships(in laws and such), turn on and offs (attraction system), the parties etc.

I would also like to add Mistresses\and the guy version and after a certain amount of time they might ask the sim to leave their spouse. You can choose to stay or go and your sim's answer may affect the relationship. Add the attempt to seduce interaction to the adults and make it more meaningful. Based on the attraction level will determine if a Sim is seduced easily or not. I need more drama..lol Maybe add a seductress trait

Bring back the surprise kiss from Sims 3 and add the table proposal from Sims 2 to dine out.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I will agree partaly because of the new vaction spot but I would use this new vacation spot for family vaction whee I would send the whole family but that's just me since with the choices I made I kind of prefer to keep my sims single parents and unmarried.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Yes please. I would like my Sims to take time through the dating process. Since there really isn't too much to do, I tend to marry them quicker than I want.

This would be the pack to take a look at adding some much needed stuff as listed by others on the thread like dancing(for the love of everything good in the world let them face each other when dancing together), honeymoons, getaways, sim relationships(in laws and such), turn on and offs (attraction system), the parties etc.

I would also like to add Mistresses\and the guy version and after a certain amount of time they might ask the sim to leave their spouse. You can choose to stay or go and your sim's answer may affect the relationship. Add the attempt to seduce interaction to the adults and make it more meaningful. Based on the attraction level will determine if a Sim is seduced easily or not. I need more drama..lol Maybe add a seductress trait

Bring back the surprise kiss from Sims 3 and add the table proposal from Sims 2 to dine out.

You mean the Heat Of The Moment Kiss right? Yes that was my favorite.
  • Options
    rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    I’m so glad I’m not the only one! Chemistry system is exactly what we need! I need drama in the sims where the girl likes the cool bad boy and the bad boy just sees her as a friend and who he really is attracted to is her bestfriend that’s more “mature”. I’d just love that! Also i kind of miss horoscopes from the sims 2. And interest. Those were so fun. I agree with having an ask question menu. I loved that with the sims 2. A Romanc pack is definitely needed. I really hope The Sims Team takes a look at this. It would really make the game complete for me in the case of interactions. Cause romance and family is what really makes gameplay entertaining.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm more so irked there's STILL no sort of slow dancing with two sims. Like why?? I definitely feel like sims in relationships could have more depth to them. Surprised there was no 'throw drink' option when at the table at a restaurant or surprise proposal.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I'm more so irked there's STILL no sort of slow dancing with two sims. Like why?? I definitely feel like sims in relationships could have more depth to them. Surprised there was no 'throw drink' option when at the table at a restaurant or surprise proposal.

In TS3 we didn't get the Slowdance till Seasons came out.

Also something else missing is take a romantic picture together were two sims would kiss when they took the picture. I want that back so bad.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    If they ever make a pack like this I really hope they check threads like these with the surveys we keep getting features no one ever asks for. Like with Find Love the feature they offer is "Meet your date on SimMatch" when players instead are begging for a deep attraction-turn on turn offs/dating system and ways to experience more expanded date game play with more romantic interactions (sims cant even kiss on the couch without getting up) and things like slow dancing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    they also need more romance places to go also another interaction I miss from sims 3 is the I will protect you interaction
    and the someone to watch over me moodlet
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    If they ever make a pack like this I really hope they check threads like these with the surveys we keep getting features no one ever asks for. Like with Find Love the feature they offer is "Meet your date on SimMatch" when players instead are begging for a deep attraction-turn on turn offs/dating system and ways to experience more expanded date game play with more romantic interactions (sims cant even kiss on the couch without getting up) and things like slow dancing.

I agree on an attraction system but I do want my Sims to meet their date on Sim Match.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Something else were missing is eating,giving and sharing a heart shaped box of chocolates. This was mentioned in a TS3 Survey and never made it but Sims 1 had this.

And something else I want the bear rug and romantic picnic basket to come back with kiss,makeot,cuddle,drink champagne together and woohoo and try for a baby interactions.

And we also need working cinemas for date nights.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Something else were missing is eating,giving and sharing a heart shaped box of chocolates. This was mentioned in a TS3 Survey and never made it but Sims 1 had this.

And something else I want the bear rug and romantic picnic basket to come back with kiss,makeot,cuddle,drink champagne together and woohoo and try for a baby interactions.

And we also need working cinemas for date nights.

yes
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

I agree on an attraction system but I do want my Sims to meet their date on Sim Match.
    For me its pointless but if you want a special npc to spawn just so you can have a "SimMatch" that should be a side feature hardly even worth mentioning I'd rather have it Sims 2 style where you bring your Sim to a bar or wherever and scope the room.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm definitely interested in this type of pack depending on how it is executed. I've seen it discussed before but I think it is good to "make some noise" if people are interested.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member

For me its pointless but if you want a special npc to spawn just so you can have a "SimMatch" that should be a side feature hardly even worth mentioning I'd rather have it Sims 2 style where you bring your Sim to a bar or wherever and scope the room.
    I really did like that!! The scope room interaction was great. I miss the whole chemistry system in general from the sims 2..
  • Options
    AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    (First of all, I'm not English speaker, so please, forgive my mistakes)

Yes, I totally agree! Me and my friends form Polish Forum dreaming about Love Pack! And I think, that Simmers from other countries will agree with me. We need more love!

And not only because romantic interactions are very poor... Did you see "kiss" on the couch? It's just like your mommy kissing you goodbye. On the other hand we have very nice animation before woo-hoo in the closet!

Many people complain, that their pair of lovers do not interacting like lovers do. But when the neighbor shows yourself in the area, one of our "love birds" wants to flirt with him. Why? i like romances with complications (Pride and prejudice is one of my beloved books) but at the end I want to have loving marriage. I loved when in The Sims 2 I could make a couple, who started romance without my help.

In The Sims 4 I think, that we have hidden attraction system! Some of our Sims started romance faster, some slower, and some rejecting all romance interactions and need flirty moodlet to full the pink romance bar... why?
    I'm 90% sure, that there is a system and the producers hide it! You can check it with "ask risqué question". The question works like "do you like what you see?" In The Sims 2 (99% sure!). The Sims reacted in different ways - from anger to acceptation and blow kiss. I think, that depends on attraction level. Now I have a couple, who almost always answers positive (only exception, when they are in very bad mood or after they broke up). And I just said, that they acting like "three bolt" couple from The Sims 2... When they are free (not sleeping, using toilets...), one of them always starting friendly or romantic interaction... they woohooing 3, 4 times per day! (My God!). :)

I've made a little investigation. My two roomies used (on the beginning) RQ and when it was negative, I reset the game and changed them in CAS. I discovered, that after I changed my female Sim hair (from red to black), the guy immediately started to dream about her and accepted RQ with blow kiss animation! And then he, autonomously, flirted and confessed his feelings! Wow!
    In different game RQ were accepted, when I changed my female Sim body type!

Next - I think, that the "attractiveness level" getting lower, when they are in bad mood. When they split, they get something like "fury" in Part 2 (temporary attraction were erased).

The main problem is, that I don't have any idea how does it works! Maybe it was a coincidence? (I started new game for many times and at the end I got what I want - they started to "like each other" very much... Sometimes after many, many resets and visits in CAS...). Maybe it's based on the looks? Main aspirations? Skills? Traits? I don't know!

That's why I dream about new pack! I must know why my male Sim prefers strange girl from discotheque over his own wife! The Sims 4 for now is a game for single Sims, who like to dating with many others... At least you do not feel sad and angry, when your dream couple not match very well...

Best regards!
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • Options
    Aericia wrote: »
    That's why I dream about new pack! I must know why my male Sim prefers strange girl from discotheque over his own wife! The Sims 4 for now is a game for single Sims, who like to dating with many others... At least you do not feel sad and angry, when your dream couple not match very well...
    You said it best right here this game still feels designed for a single Sim at least in regards to couples, dating or being married really does not change anything about how Sims will interact with their significant other except it will make it easier for you to force them to interact yourself.
    Overall they just did not put in the effort with the Sims 4 in past games Sims would cuddle in bed dream about the Sims they cared about there is just nothing set in place to make it seem like they actually care about each other.
  • Options
    AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    @ChadSims2
    Thank you for your answer. :) I spend months (I bought The Sims 4 in June 2017) playing a single Sims - it was fun - but how many times you can go to discotheque, flirting with other Sim, first kiss, wh and done! I got some emotions, when he or she has meet two or three lovers at the same area... But when I got "player" trait (the reward for Romantic aspiration) I lost this too... That's all!
    In The Sims I love to make romantic stories. I love pets, but in game I got one homeless kitten from asylum, I do not fishing or collecting treasures.

If you try very, very hard, you can make a good couple, but what's the point?
    I've lost whole my free from work day to make a good couple - reset game and random changes in CAS many, many times, till I got a small hope, that I'm successful...

But what if you want to make two Sims from different areas and meet them in town? I've tried to split my "chemistry" couple by saved them and start whole new game, where they live in different houses. I got several games, and I was failed, when the guy answers negative for RQ to his own ex-wife (I was sure, that he liked her very much!). Maybe their inner "turns on" are resetting, when we starting a new game? That's cruel! :(
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • Options
    edited December 2017

It's pointless to have an online dating app if you can't meet single sims who might be your sims soulmate. The game has plenty of homeless townies to make use of. You can even add you're own. We could still utilize the Check Out Sim feature in bars if we didn't want to use the online dating app. It's just more options for single sims to find love.
  • Options
    summer_berrysummer_berry Posts: 105 Member
    I would love if likes/dislikes or turn ons/off were added to the base game! I think it would be cool to have this back like in previous games. More romantic interactions would be so cute!
    "We make our own future." - Dean Winchester, Supernatural
  • Options
    KariSt_SimmerKariSt_Simmer Posts: 5 New Member
    Yes, I would love for some of the old interactions of Sims 2 to be added back into Sims 4 it really showed their love for each other and made it really cute. Escepcially celebrations such as an Anniversary I also would love for them to bring back the proposal at the dinner table and slow dancing. Things that really strike emotion and show off that cutesy lovey-dovey side of the Sims.