Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruGrant confirms The Sims 4's future; "We're not going Anywhere"

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @adamzaid wrote: »
    i have a ps4 so i cant play sims 3 on console unfortunately @jackjack_k but i tried at my friends house once and i LIKED it a lot and i would definitely like to play it on my ps4!! make it ea happen plz?

TS3 is available on the PS4 Console to download thru the Sony Store. It will play on the PS4 much like Bully does.

Is was. EA took The Sims 3 off of PSN this year as they said The Sims 3 was no longer a current product, probably due to The Sims 4 console.

It's now listed as Disc Only:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-BLUS30609_00-THESIMS300000000

and The Sims 3 Pets too:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-BLUS30803_00-THESIMS3PETS0000
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    This is wonderful news. I think sims 4 is a game with plenty of potential, but needs a LOT of time to reach said potential. Just look at the things in ts4 that are frequently lauded as the best in the franchise - vampires, toddlers, and if you wanna throw it in, parenthood in terms of family gameplay as well. See what they all have in common? They're all really, really specific elements of the game. Ts4's style isn't like ts3's where they throw in a wide, expansive variety of gameplay elements into a single pack (i.e. Generations, Supernatural etc.); rather, it works best whenever it's focusing on one very specific element - it's choosing to analyze every dimension of a single box, as opposed to throwing in a whole bunch of 2-dimensional boxes. This is why ts4 needs all the time it could get if it ever wishes to have every one of its' gameplay elements fleshed out.

On that font, I wish everyone on the sims team the best of luck in developing this game to the best that it can be.

You have so eloquently articulated my thoughts and feelings on this game. Thank you.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    If you’re happy with 10 game packs, 8 EP’s and TWENTY FOUR stuff packs, you’re nuts.

I hope it ends ASAP and somebody, ANYBODY, makes a real sims game. I’m quite happy to forget TS4 entirely.

—T

After Seasons and a Tropial Vacation Destination I think I'll be ready for TS5. Hopefully no lifestates are left out of the base game.
    TS5 must be realistic, if it's released in 2020 or 2021 as predicted then it'll be ridiculous if it's cartoony style, by that time technology will much more advanced and they don't have to keep coping with people with older PCs, they can still play older Sims..
    TS5 must be like TS3 but with better graphics and much better animation (TS3 animations were very robotics and horrible even with smoother animation on)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    If you’re happy with 10 game packs, 8 EP’s and TWENTY FOUR stuff packs, you’re nuts.

I hope it ends ASAP and somebody, ANYBODY, makes a real sims game. I’m quite happy to forget TS4 entirely.

—T

After Seasons and a Tropial Vacation Destination I think I'll be ready for TS5. Hopefully no lifestates are left out of the base game.
    TS5 must be realistic, if it's released in 2020 or 2021 as predicted then it'll be ridiculous if it's cartoony style, by that time technology will much more advanced and they don't have to keep coping with people with older PCs, they can still play older Sims..
    TS5 must be like TS3 but with better graphics and much better animation (TS3 animations were very robotics and horrible even with smoother animation on)

I agree. I just hope there isn't any severe lag issues and long load times like with TS3.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member

—T

Can you provide an example of what you mean by realistic?
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited December 2017
    I quite enjoy the cartoony style of the game to be honest.

They tried for more realism in The Sims 3, and when I go back to The Sims 3 Sims now, I think the Sims are ugly and creepy.

Something with ''uncanny valley''.

I hope they will keep the cartoony style in TS5 but just give us the open world back. New and improved. Or at least open neighborhoods... it still bothers me to no end that the neighborhoods are not open. THAT would be the best compromise between open world and closed world. Just being able to visit your neighbours without a loadingscreen all the time.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

This is what I'd say is "uncanny valley"
    24974830508_bca8823638_o.jpg

not this

27070611939_9a0fd87a23_z.jpg

The two aren't even on the same level!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want the sims 4 to last as long as possible
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    This is wonderful news. I think sims 4 is a game with plenty of potential, but needs a LOT of time to reach said potential. Just look at the things in ts4 that are frequently lauded as the best in the franchise - vampires, toddlers, and if you wanna throw it in, parenthood in terms of family gameplay as well. See what they all have in common? They're all really, really specific elements of the game. Ts4's style isn't like ts3's where they throw in a wide, expansive variety of gameplay elements into a single pack (i.e. Generations, Supernatural etc.); rather, it works best whenever it's focusing on one very specific element - it's choosing to analyze every dimension of a single box, as opposed to throwing in a whole bunch of 2-dimensional boxes. This is why ts4 needs all the time it could get if it ever wishes to have every one of its' gameplay elements fleshed out.

On that font, I wish everyone on the sims team the best of luck in developing this game to the best that it can be.

Beautifully put.

In regards to the bug fixes, that's basically the standard rule with all Sims franchises going back to TS2. People like to forget that fact but it's always been the case. When you have a life sim game that every single player plays slightly differently, it's sort of unavoidable that we'll expose more bugs than the betas can. But yes, I agree that EA need to keep on the ball fixing them. And the C&D patch created as many issues as it fixed, particularly with the vampires. So hopefully they'll try to fix all those issues before taking further steps.

I am good without more EP as well. I would like more GP to expand my game in those detailed areas Lavenderlights mentioned. The C&D pack upped the game specs and while I think my PC would handle it ok, I don't really want to push down those lines. Not that there shouldn't be more EP, but I would be happy with a couple more GP. Elders and Universities. Maybe something else supernatural. Seasons are optional for me...but will probably be a computer-demanding EP and so I am ok with not having that.

Basically if TS4 is continuing, great, but too many EPs can ultimately ruin Gameplay, so hopefully they'll think really carefully about how to add to the existing franchise before they do.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited December 2017
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @To7m wrote: »

—T

I’d rather 24 Stuff Packs that Work, than 5000 store sets with most that haven’t worked well overtime.

I didn’t have to buy the entire store to get one item...

—T

Guess I'm nuts. :p I'd much prefer gamepacks and stuff packs over expansion packs.

That’s not nuts, that’s just foolish. You would prefer stuff, over actual gameplay?

Yeah, ok. And people wonder why this game is lacking? This is why.

—T
  • Options

—T

I’d rather 24 Stuff Packs that Work, than 5000 store sets with most that haven’t worked well overtime.

—T

Guess I'm nuts. :p I'd much prefer gamepacks and stuff packs over expansion packs.

That’s not nuts, that’s just foolish. You would prefer stuff, over actual gameplay?

—T

T, I agree with a lot of what you say around the forums, but perhaps people are wanting game packs (which I understand over stuff packs) instead of expansions because more of the game packs have been more fleshed out than the expansions that have been released. You were stoked about vampires, weren't you? So far the expansions have fallen a little short in areas, where with game packs they're able to focus on one particular subject and do it well all around.

Perhaps for this iteration, the game packs are the new expansion packs.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited December 2017
    aricarai wrote: »

—T

—T

—T

T, I agree with a lot of what you say around the forums, but perhaps people are wanting game packs (which I understand over stuff packs) instead of expansions because more of the game packs have been more fleshed out than the expansions that have been released. You were stoked about vampires, weren't you? So far the expansions have fallen a little short in areas, where with game packs they're able to focus on one particular subject and do it well all around.

Perhaps for this iteration, the game packs are the new expansion packs.

I actually agree with you, I was talking solely about stuff packs here. I’m good with the game packs and did indeed enjoy (and still do) vampires. Immensely. But I’m not good with them focusing on SP’s when most of that stuff could’ve gone into the EP’s, which I agree, are quite... bland in comparison to the GP’s.

But 24 stuff packs though, I mean, come on... that’s ridiculous lol.

—T
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited December 2017
    i have a ps4 so i cant play sims 3 on console unfortunately @jackjack_k but i tried at my friends house once and i LIKED it a lot and i would definitely like to play it on my ps4!! make it ea happen plz?

I prefer it just because it's so much smoother, and I've been playing the same save for 5 years and I've had 0 issues.
    adamzaid wrote: »
    and can i ask you @jackjack_k your profile pic is that sims 3 or 2 for some reason im having a hard time XD and is it on console?

It's the Wii version of the game :)

A very pretty game for it's time.

the-sims-3-wii-images-1.jpg
    the-sims-3-wii-images-8.jpg
    the-sims-3-wii-images-7.jpg

A bit more cartoony than The Sims 3 for PC, but I like it that way :)

The same save? That's amazing! I have the sims 3 games on console. I take it you never had the save bug after a few weeks In game?
    Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I prefer it just because it's so much smoother, and I've been playing the same save for 5 years and I've had 0 issues.
    and can i ask you @jackjack_k your profile pic is that sims 3 or 2 for some reason im having a hard time XD and is it on console?

The same save? That's amazing! I have the sims 3 games on console. I take it you Jane never had the save bug after a few weeks In game?

I did! I was one of the ones who signed that petition! :D

After the patch, I've been able to play TS3 on console for several Sim months. But it's The Sims 3 Pets that I've had a save going for 5 years.

I think I'm up to 200+ weeks in game! :) And it's still buttery smooth.
    Post edited by jackjack_k on
  • Options

The same save? That's amazing! I have the sims 3 games on console. I take it you Jane never had the save bug after a few weeks In game?

After the patch, I've been able to play TS3 on console for several Sim months. But it's The Sims 3 Pets that I've had a save going for 5 years.

I think I'm up to 200+ weeks in game! :)

That's amazing! I've not played in a few months but I do enjoy them. Always slightly scared I would get that bug!
  • Options
    edited December 2017

That's amazing! I've not played in a few months but I do enjoy them. Always slightly scared I would get that bug!

They fixed it, in a rare occurance haha.

The Sims 3 Pets for console is worth picking up if you don’t have it as it contains gameplay not seen in the PC game.

The PS3 version has a bit of lag issues, but the Xbox 360 version is smooth as since you can install it rather than run it off the disc.

And Suger Maple Coast is one of the prettiest worlds the Sims team has ever made.

Very similar to Brindleton Bay, but bigger. Of course.
  • Options

They fixed it, in a rare occurance haha.

The Sims 3 Pets for console is worth picking up if you don’t have it as it contains gameplay not seen in the PC game.

The PS3 version has a bit of lag issues, but the Xbox 360 version is smooth as since you can install it rather than run it off the disc.

And Suger Maple Coast is one of the prettiest worlds the Sims team has ever made.

Very similar to Brindleton Bay, but bigger. Of course.

I have both :)

Worth noting about the 360 version thanks as I had heard that performed slightly better and wasn't laggy, we do have an Xbox so could be worth a pick up as it's quite cheap now if the performance is better.

• Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »

—T

Can you provide an example of what you mean by realistic?

By realistic I mean kinda like this:
    u5ns1y9.jpg

VdBgSpn.jpg

I apologize if the male sim looks way too realistic he's actually kind of cartoony but the well defined beard makes him look weird to be in Sims however I didn't find better picture for the male..
    Notice the girl pic isn't too realistic as might you've expected as I know too much realistic Sims looking like mass effect 3 characters for ex, will look kinda weird but that doesn't mean we can't have more realistic looking Sims
    I think Sims 4 sims are better looking than Sims 3 sims, i love the well defined muscles and abs..
    In TS3 males hardly even had nipples, but I think hair textures in TS3 were much better
    I want Sims 4 Sims with TS3 hair not a big tree leaf on their head
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

not this

Oh no, no, no. I hated the animation in that film. It was "The Polar Express" wasn't it? Cold and somehow upsetting in it's near realism and made me dislike the film itself..
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »

not this

Oh no, no, no. I hated the animation in that film. It was "The Polar Express" wasn't it? Cold and somehow upsetting in it's near realism and made me dislike the film itself..

Yes that's the film. It was on the other day and it actually really creeped me out. I obviously knew it wasn't humans, but it was like photoskinned cartoons...just no!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member

not this

Well, I would certainly say that the latter is a bit freaky.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I don’t think I’m into the alpha looking sims anymore. I like it more cartoony. I think the worlds could be a little better.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    This is great news. I want sims 4 to last as long as it can.
    Also, a second wave doesn't necessarily mean the last wave. There could be a third wave.

However, usually first 2 waves is enough and the third one might turn out useless. (not many will understand)
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    @Orchid13 wrote: »
    I don’t think I’m into the alpha looking sims anymore. I like it more cartoony. I think the worlds could be a little better.

I love the worlds, but Willow Creek, Newcrest and Magonlia Promenade need a HUGE update.

I can't beleive Oasis Springs looks as good as it does, and yet the Willow Creek worlds all have 2D sprites and buildings so close to the playable section. Like everywhere you look in those worlds its 2D.

Yet Granite Falls, Oasis Springs, Windenburg, Brindleton Bay and even San Myshuno only use 2D in the far distance, but the majority looks amazing.
  • Options

—T

—T

—T

You did if you wanted the Gameplay item, they weren't sold seperately.
    And Stuff Packs have certain gameplay aspects, and Game Packs are gameplay.