Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friends of Foes: A simLit - Is Back! (Latest Update: 11/04/23)

Comments

• Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    Well there are things that are hard to post and stuff so I understand...
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Shadyboop wrote: »
    Well there are things that are hard to post and stuff so I understand...

Thanks @Shadyboop . Yeah, this is one of those posts. I just need to give myself time. :)
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    No need to apologize. :)
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    citysimmer wrote: »
    No need to apologize. :)

Thanks @citysimmer :)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Hi everyone. Just letting you know that this week Friends of Foes will be featured as a Tasty Read in Bookclub. The chapter that will be the focus of discussion is Henry and The Prince. So feel free to drop on by.
    Would love to see you there. :)
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    edited June 2018
    @simscognito finally I found a few quiet minutes to read your latest update...
    Sweet to hear more about Alex' family! It is quite spreaded, I guess xD Analisa seems to be a sweet person.
    But omg, what Alex did to Loki, boils my blood :angry: Really! I'm so mad at him now!! If he's too lazy to take care of an animal, especially a pup, he should just give him to someone that would! He has enough servants, doesn't he?
    I hope he'll pay for this!
    Sorry, but now I like Alex a lot less :c

Also about your next update, don't worry! We all have stuff that is hard to write, and affects us emotionally. So take all the time you need :)
  • Options
    @simscognito finally I found a few quiet minutes to read your latest update...
    Sweet to hear more about Alex' family! It is quite spreaded, I guess xD Analisa seems to be a sweet person.
    But omg, what Alex did to Loki, boils my blood :angry: Really! I'm so mad at him now!! If he's too lazy to take care of an animal, especially a pup, he should just give him to someone that would! He has enough servants, doesn't he?
    I hope he'll pay for this!
    Sorry, but now I like Alex a lot less :c

Also about your next update, don't worry! We all have stuff that is hard to write, and affects us emotionally. So take all the time you need :)

Thanks for reading @candycottonchu :)

Okay, for all of you who are feeling sorry for Loki, has it occurred to you he might be lying? :D
    I thought I ought to mention it in case you're too cross with Alex to feel sorry for him in the next chapter. XD
    Yeah, I suppose they are quite spread out. Most of Alex's family on his mama's side are from Mexico. The rest are in Simsland, but they've all originated from Mexico. On his father's side it's a little complicated. His grandparents came through a portal from 1066, Norway and found themselves in 1977, Simsland. Since then they have lived in Simsland. Yeah, Analisa is sweet. Alex thinks she's great. :blush:
  • Options
    it actually didn't. :open_mouth:
    i guess i'm not used to scheming puppies xD
    the name should have maybe given it away, tho.
  • Options
    it actually didn't. :open_mouth:
    i guess i'm not used to scheming puppies xD
    the name should have maybe given it away, tho.

@candycottonchu hehe no worries. :D
    Hey, Alex wasn't very nice to Loki the last time we saw him, so I don't blame you. Although, Loki was showing his tricksy side there as well with Whisper.
  • Options
    @simscognito yes, Alex wasn’t nice :c
    Loki being tricksy was cute though <3
  • Options
    @simscognito yes, Alex wasn’t nice :c
    Loki being tricksy was cute though <3

Aww poor Alex. I'm feeling really sorry for him now. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @simscognito at least he's not abusing his dog... (i hope! x.x)
  • Options
    @simscognito at least he's not abusing his dog... (i hope! x.x)
    @candycottonchu Alex is many things but he's not an abuser, so you have nothing to worry about. :blush:
  • Options
    @simscognito I'm glad...
  • Options
    Hi everyone. This next chapter is going to be late again, so I won't have a chapter up tomorrow. Things will get back to normal next week. I've just been quite busy this week. Again, very sorry.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hi everyone. This next chapter is going to be late again, so I won't have a chapter up tomorrow. Things will get back to normal next week. I've just been quite busy this week. Again, very sorry.

No need to apologise twice, @simscognito . We all understand what it's like to be busy! :smiley:
  • Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

No need to apologise twice, @simscognito . We all understand what it's like to be busy! :smiley:

Yeah! I'm also busy as heck
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options

Shadyboop wrote: »

Yeah! I'm also busy as heck

Thanks @Bugsie2016 and @Shadyboop :)
  • Options
    Hi everyone. I finally did it. I finally released a new chapter. XD
    Yes, this is a pen pal chapter, but it's also an important one, so do recommend. :)

Interlude: Alex Has A Pen Pal 2
    interlude-alex-has-a-pen-pal-2_orig.jpg
  • Options
    @simscognito I just have read the chapter. Holy 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I think I might have a new favourite :D
    I love Disneyland! You definitely used a few great buildings, and I like how you set the sceneries.
    It's also great to see the inside of Alex. What he thinks, what he remembers and how he feels. Like, truly feels, beside what he shows on the inside.
    So his family doesn't like that he's catholic? How weird. Are they afraid that his religion might interfere with his ruling? His aunt surely was mean. I'm not surprised he doesn't like her.
    At least he has Henry. It looks like Henry really gives him a lot of strength. He's lucky to have found a friend like him.
    Also his grandma is so cool :D
  • Options
    @simscognito I just have read the chapter. Holy plum! I think I might have a new favourite :D
    I love Disneyland! You definitely used a few great buildings, and I like how you set the sceneries.
    It's also great to see the inside of Alex. What he thinks, what he remembers and how he feels. Like, truly feels, beside what he shows on the inside.
    So his family doesn't like that he's catholic? How weird. Are they afraid that his religion might interfere with his ruling? His aunt surely was mean. I'm not surprised he doesn't like her.
    At least he has Henry. It looks like Henry really gives him a lot of strength. He's lucky to have found a friend like him.

Thanks for reading @candycottonchu aw really? :smiley: I'm glad because this chapter was a nightmare to write. :D
    This chapter is actually entirely Alex's fault. I was playing in my fun save with Alex and Henry and I took them round some Disney builds I had found on the gallery. When Halex got to the Coco set, Alex took one look at the place and broke down. I'm not kidding, he started crying. I didn't know what was wrong, so I decided to write a chapter about it. It even got me to watch Coco, which is a cool movie by the way. Of course Alex hasn't seen it... and has no intention of seeing it, you must understand. :D It's actually a typical 'Royal' thing to say, 'I haven't seen it,' because as a royal, you're not supposed to have opinions that may place you on a particular side of the Public, ie those who like the film and those who don't.
    Yeah, I felt Alex needed a chapter where we really got to know him. I wanted to show you a different side of Alex and the royal family.
    His family have their reasons for not wanting Alex to be Catholic. I'll explain it later, but this was Alex's perspective and he doesn't understand why. They have a problem with him being foreign too and again, Alex doesn't know why, but we will find out.
    Yeah, Henry's lovely and he's very lucky to have him. He knows it too. It kinda puts everything into perspective as to why Alex would try so hard to keep Henry in his life.
  • Options
    I kinda felt sorry for Alex in this chapter. :'(Despite the whole Loki thing.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @Bugsie2016 oh come on. Alex said it himself. Loki is lying! :D
  • Options
    @simscognito I just have read the chapter. Holy plum! I think I might have a new favourite :D

Thanks for reading @candycottonchu aw really? :smiley: I'm glad because this chapter was a nightmare to write. :D
    This chapter is actually entirely Alex's fault. I was playing in my fun save with Alex and Henry and I took them round some Disney builds I had found on the gallery. When Halex got to the Coco set, Alex took one look at the place and broke down. I'm not kidding, he started crying. I didn't know what was wrong, so I decided to write a chapter about it. It even got me to watch Coco, which is a cool movie by the way. Of course Alex hasn't seen it... and has no intention of seeing it, you must understand. :D It's actually a typical 'Royal' thing to say, 'I haven't seen it,' because as a royal, you're not supposed to have opinions that may place you on a particular side of the Public, ie those who like the film and those who don't.
    Yeah, I felt Alex needed a chapter where we really got to know him. I wanted to show you a different side of Alex and the royal family.
    His family have their reasons for not wanting Alex to be Catholic. I'll explain it later, but this was Alex's perspective and he doesn't understand why. They have a problem with him being foreign too and again, Alex doesn't know why, but we will find out.
    Yeah, Henry's lovely and he's very lucky to have him. He knows it too. It kinda puts everything into perspective as to why Alex would try so hard to keep Henry in his life.

I love when things like this happen! Suddenly you have a story you never thought about before c:
    And wow, it actually makes a lot of sense to give that answer! I've never thought about this before. I'm glad you showed more of Alex. It makes him more multidimensional.
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 oh come on. Alex said it himself. Loki is lying! :D

Hey! I felt sorry for Alex, that should be enough!