Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Beginnings - Building Newcrest *07-11-22*

Comments

• Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    haswh wrote: »
    @AudreyFld Yes she was!!! :heartbreak:
    Well, fortunately she's dead now!

@haswh, @Bugsie2016 and @InfraGreen - Never ever forgive her....ever.... Jackson... :bawling::heartbreak::bawling: still....
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »

@haswh, @Bugsie2016 and @InfraGreen - Never ever forgive her....ever.... Jackson... :bawling::heartbreak::bawling: still....

It so broke my heart when he went with Winter and I won't ever forgive her either. Jackson! :bawling::heartbreak:
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited June 2018

It so broke my heart when he went with Winter and I won't ever forgive her either. Jackson! :bawling::heartbreak:

Winter was my baby. Stop talking ill about her or I'm going to have to kill a Heffner. :bawling:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »

Winter was my baby. Stop talking ill about her or I'm going to have to kill a Heffner. :bawling:

You were probably going to kill a heffner anyway.

So, Duke wasn't the locker rat? I was sure it was him! :open_mouth: Just need to insert some New Beginnings stuff to keep this post on topic.
  • Options

:o:#:worried::no_mouth:
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited June 2018

:o:o:o That almost sounded cynical. :o:o:o Is this still the same old Bugsie or did aliens abduct and replace her? This new Bugsie seems tough as Jack Bauer.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 <3 it’s mostly my fault....I dereailed my own thread but thanks for the effort.

@Maladi777 Don’t you dare kill another Heffner!

@haswh Taking a page from Daisy’s book I see... great use of emojis.... <3o:)B):*;)
  • Options
    edited June 2018

:o:o:o That almost sounded cynical. :o:o:o Is this still the same old Bugsie or did aliens abduct and replace her? This new Bugsie seems tough as Jack Bauer.
    I'm just remembering what you said about your three choices on Chris... :open_mouth:
  • Options

I'm just remembering what you said about your three choices on Chris... :open_mouth:

Ack...two of them involved not breathing.....I think.....stop.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    After the latest chapter, my first thought was "yikes, Mia now has quite the back story for an asylum challenge story thanks to these chapters." Also, this whole thing made me feel really bad for Laney. She lost her boyfriend due to a jerk jock trying to make moves at the prom and then she lost her friend due to backstabbing vindictiveness. Unless Laney ate Mia's Oreo creams and put the cookies back in the packaging than I'm not sure there was anything that happened before that was worthy of that level of betrayal.

I'm still shocked that Cole's pet kitty wasn't the real perpetrator (even though the title alludes to it as a joke).
  • Options
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    After the latest chapter, my first thought was "yikes, Mia now has quite the back story for an asylum challenge story thanks to these chapters." Also, this whole thing made me feel really bad for Laney. She lost her boyfriend due to a jerk jock trying to make moves at the prom and then she lost her friend due to backstabbing vindictiveness. Unless Laney ate Mia's Oreo creams and put the cookies back in the packaging than I'm not sure there was anything that happened before that was worthy of that level of betrayal.

I'm still shocked that Cole's pet kitty wasn't the real perpetrator (even though the title alludes to it as a joke).
    I don’t think Laney was the one that ate the cream filling....so undeserving of Miaks craziness. And yes, I can totally see her in an asylum challenge! Full of other teenage girls....

Maybe Cole will feel badly enough to give it another go with Laney....
  • Options
    mistfallmistfall Posts: 7 New Member
    My friend @GLovely1 lead me to your well-crafted, very developed story of New Beginnings. I think I left comments on every other chapter in your blog. I am a bookworm and took the time 2 days to read Ben. It took me one day to read Cole way up to where you say to be continued.
    I will comment first on ben then cole in a different comment. As others are reading your wonderful story dont want to spoil it for them....
    You brought up alot of issues with Ben.
    First issue is growing 🐸🐸🐸🐸 first for recreational use then for sales. San Myshuno I believe growing 🐸🐸🐸🐸 was illegal. Not sure about the other communities though like Willow Creek. Just like the prohibition era, when alcohol was illegal, and then made legal. It is still illegal to sell alcohol to minors. Big point is the bad effects of alcohol does not go away with the world legalizing it or not. There is still the addiction of alcololism. There is still a bad effect of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ie heightening the sex drive that for some is an addiction whether it is illegal or not
    Then there is the criminalization of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (If guns are outlawed only the criminals and police will have guns and you are doomed....)Ben being forced to sell his 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to the mafia, the trashing of apartment, the threats to his family, the beatings.... Even moving to Willow Creek did not help. It is hard to get out of the mafia once you are stuck in. Loved your solution to that problem though, and looking forward to lonestars story expanding on that solution (BlueAngels right?).
    Thanks for your story of very well devoloped, realistic and likeable characters.
  • Options
    You brought up alot of conteporary issues in Ben.
    The second issue I wanted to bring up was. Abuse and controlling another person. Ben losing his temper verbal abuse is one way of attempting to control a person. Ben's Father abusing his mother until she left. Jesse was a prme example of another very bad way of controling a person. Wont spoil it for those who have not gotten that far, ie baggage, damaged goods, etc to an important Character in your story.
    Again you had a very realistic solution and a good one too to that issue.
    Thanks for your well developed characters, even the villians are relatable...
  • Options
    You brought up many issues in your story of ben.
    third one is divorice. Divorice is the hardest on the kids. Remarrying too. blending of extended families. Ben's life was shaped by his Dad's abuse, their divorice. and both remarrying. He did not feel connected and it shaped his life and every relationship suffered because of it. Noncommitual, "friends with Benefits", not wanting kids and marriage in the beginning. A serial romance womanizer. It took a wise, insightful, understanding woman to finally pry open his closed heart. It took a strong stand-by-her guns woman to get him to change the direction of his life. Again your solutions are a very good ones and I loved them.
    Thanks again for your insightful development of the above, not glorifying the issue.
  • Options
    There were alot of contemporary issues in Cole.
    Premarital teenaged sex. Part of the big issue is the wishy washy way Ben, the father handled Cole. First a wink and passing of condoms, then I am going to give Jim, Noah's uncle, a piece of my mind for allowing liquor in a teenager party, and for no adult supervison there. Nothing was said about sneaking off to that kind of party. At least Cole has a good enough relationship that he could share without too much prodding.
    My feeling is that Children, including teenagers, need the security of boundaries, standards and rules in their family. yes there is a teen stage of pulling away from their parents and shaking off their security blanket before grabbing it tightly again.
    The loving relationship between Ben and Sofia, was a good model for Cole. Great example there. Great that Cole could talk to Sophia with a little prodding about some of his problems....Sophia adopting him, was a great way of making him feel connected not just his step mother.
    You are free to make decisions but you are NOT free from the consequences of these decisions.
    BTW loved the mystery of the locker room rat. great who dun it.....subchapters in Cole.
    Thank you for well devloped and believable characters and the story development so far.
  • Options
    @mistfall - thank you so much for all of your insightful comments here and on Wordpress. I was a joy to see you going through and making comments. I did try to respond to all of them... and I hope you enjoy the continuation of Cole’s gen with my next chapter in the morning! <3
  • Options
    Steady dating in High School. The first girl Cole dated was Nicky. Boom he went steady. The second girl Cole dated was Laney. Boom he went steady and all the way. Now he is just dating Dannie, and maybe Avery in the future. There are several aspect I wanted to point out in going steady. the High School years are a time for teens to get to know others and find out what they really want. dating is a selection process. Very Very few people wind up marrying their high school sweeties for a big reason, cause they keep changing finding out who they are. You cant shorten the selection process or you make mistakes big time.
    second part is ownership. (sorry) ie you are an item now you belong together now. It is safe and secure way of insuring you have dates etc. It is like having a sign on your back saying property of.....
    third part is what comes next. being pressured and ready to take your rrelationship to the next level, sex. The high school years is NOT the time for this. Ideally steady is what comes just before you get engaged to get married. One leading to the other to the other.
    One example was Nicky, not being honest with Cole. There is NOTHING wrong with wanting to save yourself for marriage. Putting limits on the dating. Ie no kissing for more than one minute, no heavy petting, getting home in a decent hour way before hand would have saved their friendsip and it might have developed into more after high school. Believe it or not guys respect girls for doing this. and the ones that dont should be dumped pronto. The same goes for guys too. Girls respect guys for doing this too. I have seen girls clustering around the guys planning on going on missions after High School.....
    That was the problem with Cole and Laney re the Prom Incident. If they have not gone all the way and going steady as long as they did, it would have turned out differently. So Cole was studying for important lifetime test. He could have helped Laney find another date for the prom or let her go with his blessing and to have fun. Laney would not have been his "property" and hands off. He would not have felt betrayed...
    Anyway without spoilers. You showed big time the pitfalls of going steady and premarital sex. Kudos. Great job showing how it affects each person. Thank you for the storyline so far.
  • Options
    mistfall wrote: »
    Steady dating in High School. The first girl Cole dated was Nicky. Boom he went steady. The second girl Cole dated was Laney. Boom he went steady and all the way. Now he is just dating Dannie, and maybe Avery in the future. There are several aspect I wanted to point out in going steady. the High School years are a time for teens to get to know others and find out what they really want. dating is a selection process. Very Very few people wind up marrying their high school sweeties for a big reason, cause they keep changing finding out who they are. You cant shorten the selection process or you make mistakes big time.
    second part is ownership. (sorry) ie you are an item now you belong together now. It is safe and secure way of insuring you have dates etc. It is like having a sign on your back saying property of.....
    third part is what comes next. being pressured and ready to take your rrelationship to the next level, sex. The high school years is NOT the time for this. Ideally steady is what comes just before you get engaged to get married. One leading to the other to the other.
    One example was Nicky, not being honest with Cole. There is NOTHING wrong with wanting to save yourself for marriage. Putting limits on the dating. Ie no kissing for more than one minute, no heavy petting, getting home in a decent hour way before hand would have saved their friendsip and it might have developed into more after high school. Believe it or not guys respect girls for doing this. and the ones that dont should be dumped pronto. The same goes for guys too. Girls respect guys for doing this too. I have seen girls clustering around the guys planning on going on missions after High School.....
    That was the problem with Cole and Laney re the Prom Incident. If they have not gone all the way and going steady as long as they did, it would have turned out differently. So Cole was studying for important lifetime test. He could have helped Laney find another date for the prom or let her go with his blessing and to have fun. Laney would not have been his "property" and hands off. He would not have felt betrayed...
    Anyway without spoilers. You showed big time the pitfalls of going steady and premarital sex. Kudos. Great job showing how it affects each person. Thank you for the storyline so far.

Thank you so much for your comments. They are always so insightful...I am glad it feels real and shows how things can get very messed up when teens pretend to play like little adults. :)
  • Options
    :) Happy Saturday! :)Chapter 2.26 - Birthday Bowling Dannie gets a good dose of Ben’s family at Amelia’s 12th birthday. We see Kaitlin, Leroy, Ben and Sofia. <3

<3 Brother sister love? <3
    06-15-18_8-55-25c2a0pm.png
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    :) Happy Saturday! :)Chapter 2.26 - Birthday Bowling Dannie gets a good dose of Ben’s family at Amelia’s 12th birthday. We see Kaitlin, Leroy, Ben and Sofia. <3

A message for Ami...
    happybirthday.gif
    Happy 12th birthday, squirt! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options

A message for Ami...
    happybirthday.gif
    Ami grudgingly thanks you...But watch out she can kill you with her diva stare or worse sic her Mom on you! :joy:

I can’t wait until she is a teen...she is gorgeous! Yep, I peeked! :wink:
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

A message for Ami...
    happybirthday.gif
    Ami grudgingly thanks you...But watch out she can kill you with her diva stare or worse sic her Mom on you! :joy:

How could she not be gorgeous? She's Ben & Sofia's kid! :love:
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options

A message for Ami...
    happybirthday.gif

How could she not be gorgeous? She's Ben & Sofia's kid! :love:

So very true!
  • Options
    I ship Dannie & Cole! :) I would ship Laney and Cole but I'm doubting that would end well (that and I want to keep Laney's genetics to myself. >:) )
  • Options
    That was a wonderful Birthday party. :) It was so nice to see Kaitlin and Leroy I love them both and they also love each other so much! <3 Bowling was fun to see and Dannie is terrible just like she said! :D Love that Dannie and Cole are such great friends. But might there be a bit of something in their future to pop up?! I guess we shall see. So both of them are going to go for it and try again with Ryker and Laney. Hmmm. I have a feeling that it might not go as well as Cole thinks.

I know there was something else I was going to say but it slips my mind right now...

Wonderful chapter!! <3<3