Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Burglar" Livestream answer

Comments

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I still think it is flipjack crazy that we have fires but no fire department and we have police but no burglars.

O.o
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    People complain that the game is trying too hard not to upset people and then proceed to get upset over a joke. Logical.
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    edited October 2017
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    People complain that the game is trying too hard not to upset people and then proceed to get upset over a joke. Logical.

The point is that their "joke" was a poor attempt to dodge a reasonable question. There's a marked difference between making a valid criticism against EA/the gurus and just getting upset to be upset.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    If they didn't want crime to be in the game, there wouldn't be a literal criminal career.

I think burglars will eventually be added. But, like they said multiple times in the stream, they can't discuss future content - whether or not that content is planned to happen.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    So many people want Sims 4 to have burglars. Perhaps what with Vampires breaking in, they're trying to get the balance right?

We've got a Criminal Career, a Detective Career, and Vampires that break into our house. If they've not yet given us burglars, it's probably for a better reason than "We don't want to offend people's sense of personal space."

We still can't be sure if roofs aren't the only thing coming in the Pre-EP patch. There are a lot of guesses and none of them has been confirmed or denied.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    @Nikoa Off topic, but I gotta ask. Your profile picture. Is it based off the Coraline movie?
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Nikoa wrote: »

The point is that their "joke" was a poor attempt to dodge a reasonable question. There's a marked difference between making a valid criticism against EA/the gurus and just getting upset to be upset.

They just made a joke, they weren't trying to dodge anything, if they wanted to dodge it they just wouldn't have brought it up. Also asking about burglars on a C&D livestream and then getting upset that they didn't give a serious answer is just silly.
  • Options

They just made a joke, they weren't trying to dodge anything, if they wanted to dodge it they just wouldn't have brought it up. Also asking about burglars on a C&D livestream and then getting upset that they didn't give a serious answer is just silly.

well he didn't have to say anything about it at all and it did not sound like a joke I saw it
  • Options
    I wonder if there just saying it was a joke so people wont be mad
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I wonder if there just saying it was a joke so people wont be mad

I've considered that too. We don't know they were sincere or not on whether or not it was just some trolling on their part. But it strikes me as almost illogical to not put burglars in the game.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    I just watched the latest livestream and the SimGurus were asked "Why aren't there burglars in TS4?" and the team answered "Because we don't want crime in the sims".

I cannot stress on how disappointing that is, to literally have no negative/challenging aspects of the game besides sims leaving trash around and being directed to clean it. Burglars are a huge part of the sims experience. They're about saving to buy stuff for your sims and then having a little risk of sims being robbed! That was like fires.. a little bit of loss of control and a little challenge here and there!

I really really hope they reconsider burglars, gameplay can't just be all positive things all the time! Some of you have to agree, right?

How was the burglar challenging? If you have an alarm and it goes off, the police come and arrest the burglar and your sim just stands there looking lost. If you don't have an alarm, you sleep through it. If you try to wake your sim up, by the time your sim is up, the burglar is gone.

There are absolutely no challenges associated with a burglar.

We have the KLEPTO trait which makes you the burglar. That seems full of challenges and possibilities.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I believe the rachel Franklin (I think that was her name) is the cause for a lot of the lacking/missing gameplay and features as she was head producer of the whole thing, and sadly the gurus are low hanging fruit who now bear the brunt of her bad decisions. The gurus are left trying to make the best from what they got.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I just watched the latest livestream and the SimGurus were asked "Why aren't there burglars in TS4?" and the team answered "Because we don't want crime in the sims".

I cannot stress on how disappointing that is, to literally have no negative/challenging aspects of the game besides sims leaving trash around and being directed to clean it. Burglars are a huge part of the sims experience. They're about saving to buy stuff for your sims and then having a little risk of sims being robbed! That was like fires.. a little bit of loss of control and a little challenge here and there!

I really really hope they reconsider burglars, gameplay can't just be all positive things all the time! Some of you have to agree, right?

How was the burglar challenging? If you have an alarm and it goes off, the police come and arrest the burglar and your sim just stands there looking lost. If you don't have an alarm, you sleep through it. If you try to wake your sim up, by the time your sim is up, the burglar is gone.

There are absolutely no challenges associated with a burglar.

We have the KLEPTO trait which makes you the burglar. That seems full of challenges and possibilities.

They said "negative\challenging aspects of the game". And slashes [ \ ] are typically used to indicate a choice between the words they seperate. The burglar is certainly a negative thing to happen to your Sim. They also spoke generally.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member

well he didn't have to say anything about it at all and it did not sound like a joke I saw it

He was responding to quite a lot of questions. Not like the typical thing game reps do in livestreams where it seems like they're only picking out ones they have a prepared response for. So it makes sense that it was a joke.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    Pretty sure it was a joke based on the 'no burglars because they don't want to trigger people' speculation which the gurus would know is garbage considering they work on the game. I'm sure it's office banter.
    If that's the case, to be honest I thought the joke was pretty funny. They've probably got burglars in the works or at least being planned in the future because it looks like things that will never be considered are allowed to be talked about ie. in the stream, the gurus mentioned the apocalypse pack as a pack they'd wish they'd make but didn't expect to.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    So many people want Sims 4 to have burglars. Perhaps what with Vampires breaking in, they're trying to get the balance right?

We've got a Criminal Career, a Detective Career, and Vampires that break into our house. If they've not yet given us burglars, it's probably for a better reason than "We don't want to offend people's sense of personal space."

We still can't be sure if roofs aren't the only thing coming in the Pre-EP patch. There are a lot of guesses and none of them has been confirmed or denied.

We don't have a criminal career. At least I don't think we do... I think in previous games (TS2 specifically), being low level crime career made you a burglar while playing other households.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

We don't have a criminal career. At least I don't think we do... I think in previous games (TS2 specifically), being low level crime career made you a burglar while playing other households.

There is a criminal career in The Sims 4. It came with the base game.
  • Options
    TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I think by the delivery of 'we don't like crime' I have a feeling that we will be getting burglars at some point hopefully soon. I'm pretty optimistic people have been going on and on (myself included) about having them in the game. And a few threads on burglars have been closed in the last few months which I think is odd. So I'm really hopeful we might see them soon <3
  • Options

I had no idea haha! Now I'm even more mad about burglars not being in the game... It makes no sense.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I had no idea haha! Now I'm even more mad about burglars not being in the game... It makes no sense.

I hope they will be patched in. I mean vampires can break in. But we would need police though.
  • Options

I hope they will be patched in. I mean vampires can break in. But we would need police though.

Police outfits and arrests animations are already in GTW. If they made proper NPCs again they could hide them well from CAS for those who don't own GTW and just use them for policemen.
  • Options
    Our Butlers already come with their own traits like Kleptomania and wander around the house stealing things. There are pickpocket interactions. No crime... piffle!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I still don't get the love for the burglar. I mean nothing really happens except you sit and watch the burglar either walk into your house and steal stuff or get caught by the cops. You have almost no interactions.

I would rather have the outfit and a set of lock picks so my burglar sim breaks open your door and sneaks around your house stealing anything I want. If my sim gets caught, he can try to run or be stopped by the home owner or escape to the safety of his home and relish his ill gotten gaines.

It seems a lot more fun to be the burglar than simply watch it happen and not be able to do anything. We have the Criminal Career and the KLEPTO trait. All we need is the outfit and the lock picks.

Maybe they could add wall safes for our "Pink Panthers" to crack open and pilfer. Imagine your sim breaking into the Landgrabbs and stealing everything in their safe, get home, and rolling in the money spread out all over the bed.

Doesn't being the burglar sound more fun than watching it happen. Besides, been there, done that. Let's try something different.
  • Options
    Maybe @Dannydanbo that's what's taking the time - making burglars better?