Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NOTHING NEXT QUARTER

Comments

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    Why did they even bother making that teaser :D
    Lol exactly my thoughts! It's very repetitive. What a let down. They should have just made a gif teaser since there was nothing significant in that
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    I still think we'll get wether patched in before Cats and Dogs; and it's gonna be raining cats and dogs.

No they won't :#

You don't know that. We can just wait and see.

Yes I know. They won't patch in seasons for free due to "budget" and even then...they will be horrendous Minecraft rain.

I didn't say "seasons". I said "wether". Read "rain".
    People tend to use seasons and wether on here synonymously even though they are different concepts.

Also, we got little to nothing patched in content this year. All that budget should have went into something.
    Petarce123 wrote: »
    I still think we'll get wether patched in before Cats and Dogs; and it's gonna be raining cats and dogs.

Yes I know. They won't patch in seasons for free due to "budget" and even then...they will be horrendous Minecraft rain.

She said weather (aka rain), not seasons. :)

Why would they solely patch rain? That's dumb
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    DivieOwl wrote: »

EA give weather for free.... hahahahahahahahaha. Yeah, we know that won't happen. You can dream, but be prepared to be disappointed. Why would they give us any weather for free? That's so not gonna happen.

Could say same reason they gave us toddlers for free so they could expand on it in another pack that we will actually buy because we have part of it and need more to make it work out well.

No, you can't say the same at all. It is a life simulation, releasing a core life-stage as dlc is incomparable to extra dynamics to make the world more lively.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I think there will be a free patch update with 'new' content in it, but other than that.. I wasn't expecting anything but Cats and Dogs. It's going to be 40 dollars. So - I think it's a good idea that we're not getting any other packs until 2018. Laundry Day stuff will possibly be released Jan-March; and I'm thinking.. possibly a new game pack will be released in January.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @EA_Mage & @EA_Leeloo How is this rumor and speculation when YOU released the freakin teaser?

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I think some people on here are getting their hopes up way too high on Seasons. To patch in rain, I see as extremely unlikely. I'll gladly eat my own words if I end up being wrong, but if anything, we'll probably get the ability to swim in ponds and oceans or new instruments, burglars, or new roofs. But at the very least, I expect a few bug fixes.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    @EA_Mage & @EA_Leeloo How is this rumor and speculation when YOU released the freakin teaser?
    Quick point -- neither of them released the trailer, nor were they involved in its production in any way. They are not Maxis staff, but rather EA community forum management staff.
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Quick point -- neither of them released the trailer, nor were they involved in its production in any way. They are not Maxis staff, but rather EA community forum management staff.

I already know. What I just meant is it was released by EA and not some made up fan-trailer

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    You know what? Cats & Dogs is a pretty BIG DEAL. Plus, there's the Gift-Giving Holiday coming the very next month. Kaching, kaching. And, for those who celebrate the New Year, depending on what they do, that can be expensive, too. Me? I get a very slight break, as I don't do New Year's Eve. I choose to go to bed at my normal time and try to get some sleep. That's if my neighbors don't get too wild with the fireworks, that is. It's still the new year when I get up in the morning, so I don't really miss anything. But, we do throw one heck of a Superbowl Party every year. So, my pocketbook is glad there's not something in this quarter. My copy of the EP is already paid for.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I think we're all just a bit disappointed considering we got Vintage Glamour after City Living last year.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Pfffff they could at least bother with a trailer... this is ridiculous
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    There may still be some free content that they're not ready to reveal -- remember that the teaser in January didn't mention toddlers. Perhaps we get burglars and/or firefighters NPCs. Since animals can have fears, maybe Sims will as well which could mean a revamp of the whims system in some way, and patching in of traits like Brave and Cowardly.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PintSizedPiratePintSizedPirate Posts: 105 Member
    I have to admit, it is pretty disappointing. But hopefully, there will be enough content in Cats & Dogs that it's worth it. I'm just hoping Brindleton Bay isn't tinier than the other towns.
  • Options
    HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    You know what? Cats & Dogs is a pretty BIG DEAL. Plus, there's the Gift-Giving Holiday coming the very next month. Kaching, kaching. And, for those who celebrate the New Year, depending on what they do, that can be expensive, too. Me? I get a very slight break, as I don't do New Year's Eve. I choose to go to bed at my normal time and try to get some sleep. That's if my neighbors don't get too wild with the fireworks, that is. It's still the new year when I get up in the morning, so I don't really miss anything. But, we do throw one heck of a Superbowl Party every year. So, my pocketbook is glad there's not something in this quarter. My copy of the EP is already paid for.

You mean Christmas?
    Why not just say Christmas?
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Himynameis wrote: »

You mean Christmas?
    Why not just say Christmas?

I think because Christmas isn't the only gift-giving holiday in December, we also have Hanukkah which starts on the 12th and ends on the 20th of December and for some people there is Kwanzaa celebrated from the 26th to the 1st of January.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Yeah, pretty pointless "quarterly trailer," it only showed Cats & Dogs, and they didn't even show anything new about the game either. We already knew all that information about Cats & Dogs before. Wasn't expecting much else, the holiday challenges are pointless, hopefully the pre-EP Patch has some good stuff!
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    A new EP is a big deal.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    B_E2009 wrote: »
    Are they letting the franchise die a slow death? Seriously EA, one EP and one stuff pack in 6 months?!

We had parenthood at the end of May. Fitness stuff in June and Toddler stuff in August.

I would love more EPs and less stuff packs but I hardly think the past six months have been slow content wise.

On a general topic, I think people may have jumped the gun with regards to weather. I don't see EA patching it in for free.
    You got it confused he said 6 months as in July August Sep = 1 stuff pack, Oct Nov Dec = 1 expansion. So yes we are going 6 months with only a stuff pack and a expansion the content is coming in very slow.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

I didn't say "seasons". I said "wether". Read "rain".
    People tend to use seasons and wether on here synonymously even though they are different concepts.

Also, we got little to nothing patched in content this year. All that budget should have went into something.
    Petarce123 wrote: »

She said weather (aka rain), not seasons. :)

Why would they solely patch rain? That's dumb

Also my stance on that. While it would be ''nice'', if they plan on Patching in Weather, they better go all out. Weather is more than just ''Rain''.

If they decide to make a ''Seasons EP'' (and with the current release schedule in mind) we have to wait another year (past 4th anniversary....) for maybe Seasons to release. Yay aren't we all having so much fun?

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    That's right..nothing in this quarter but Cats & Dogs...a bit disappointing :/

Well we have the console version coming with 4 dlc packs. :D
  • Options
    I think there will be a free patch update with 'new' content in it, but other than that.. I wasn't expecting anything but Cats and Dogs. It's going to be 40 dollars. So - I think it's a good idea that we're not getting any other packs until 2018. Laundry Day stuff will possibly be released Jan-March; and I'm thinking.. possibly a new game pack will be released in January.

Hoping SP will release in January so we can get a Gamepack in Feb. Hoping for a Romance GP.
  • Options

Is Gift Giving confirmed? Haven't seen any confirmation on that.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Cats&Dogs isn't small. Perhaps EA reckons that there just won't be enough money in people's pockets after they've shelled out for their computer upgrades and the EP. Also, they often have a new year sale. Why put a pack up for release a few days before it goes on sale?

Besides, it doesn't mean the team has stopped working. maybe it's even take a pause now so they don't run out of completed packs.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    Cats&Dogs isn't small. Perhaps EA reckons that there just won't be enough money in people's pockets after they've shelled out for their computer upgrades and the EP. Also, they often have a new year sale. Why put a pack up for release a few days before it goes on sale?

Besides, it doesn't mean the team has stopped working. maybe it's even take a pause now so they don't run out of completed packs.

What makes it so bad is we're not getting any pack in October either. The January quarterly will be 2 weeks later cause of the holidays.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Is Gift Giving confirmed? Haven't seen any confirmation on that.

She means the real life holiday. Christmas.