Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NOTHING NEXT QUARTER

That's right..nothing in this quarter but Cats & Dogs...a bit disappointing :/
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    We might still receive a patch and free content update like the Christmas/winter packs? Not sure about a challenge though, I think those are usually announced
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    We might still receive a patch and free content update like the Christmas/winter packs? Not sure about a challenge though, I think those are usually announced

Yes, there will be patches. That is already confirmed

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I still think we'll get wether patched in before Cats and Dogs; and it's gonna be raining cats and dogs.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    I still think we'll get wether patched in before Cats and Dogs; and it's gonna be raining cats and dogs.

No they won't :#

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

You don't know that. We can just wait and see.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this may be the first economic quarter ever where they did not release a stuff pack.

And nothing of value was lost.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm glad there isn't any stuff packs coming. Not really surprised there's no game pack and I think free content doesn't tend to come in teasers.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Even though I knew there wasn't going to be anything other than C&D, a little part of me still hoped we'd see a teaser for rain. Guess I'll have to keep on waiting.
  • Options

Yes I know. They won't patch in seasons for free due to "budget" and even then...they will be horrendous Minecraft rain.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member

Yes I know. They won't patch in seasons for free due to "budget" and even then...they will be horrendous Minecraft rain.

She said weather (aka rain), not seasons. :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options

I didn't say "seasons". I said "wether". Read "rain".
    People tend to use seasons and wether on here synonymously even though they are different concepts.

Also, we got little to nothing patched in content this year. All that budget should have went into something.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Petarce123 wrote: »

She said weather (aka rain), not seasons. :)

It's still hardware-heavy. If they were to patch weather in, it would have to be pretty lousy weather to run at base game minimum specs. I know people got excited because of some puns in patch notes, but they're not, with how they've been doing things lately, going to patch in weather that's that low quality. And they aren't going to patch in anything that requires new base game minimum specs.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,407 Member
    Why don't they give us the laundry pack before Christmas after approx. 156 years of polls?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Why don't they give us the laundry pack before Christmas after approx. 156 years of polls?

It only just went into the next stage of development a couple of weeks ago.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    Are they letting the franchise die a slow death? Seriously EA, one EP and one stuff pack in 6 months?!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    B_E2009 wrote: »
    Are they letting the franchise die a slow death? Seriously EA, one EP and one stuff pack in 6 months?!
    Sure looks like it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member

EA give weather for free.... hahahahahahahahaha. Yeah, we know that won't happen. You can dream, but be prepared to be disappointed. Why would they give us any weather for free? That's so not gonna happen.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »

EA give weather for free.... hahahahahahahahaha. Yeah, we know that won't happen. You can dream, but be prepared to be disappointed. Why would they give us any weather for free? That's so not gonna happen.

Could say same reason they gave us toddlers for free so they could expand on it in another pack that we will actually buy because we have part of it and need more to make it work out well.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm glad there isn't any stuff packs coming. Not really surprised there's no game pack and I think free content doesn't tend to come in teasers.

They usually stick in a mention of an update for the Holiday freepack, but maybe they're still firming up details of what will be included? Feeling a bit underwhelmed especially for those folks who can't play Cats & Dogs because they can't meet the specs, but hopefully we'll get some substantial patches that fix a lot of the current game issues to make up for the lack of paid content.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DivieOwl wrote: »

Plus, if weather is going to require similar specs as Cats & Dogs, patching in weather could end up degrading performance for players who are playing on older systems; I can't see Maxis doing that. :|
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited October 2017

We had parenthood at the end of May. Fitness stuff in June and Toddler stuff in August.

I would love more EPs and less stuff packs but I hardly think the past six months have been slow content wise.

On a general topic, I think people may have jumped the gun with regards to weather. I don't see EA patching it in for free.
  • Options

We had parenthood at the end of May. Fitness stuff in June and Toddler stuff in August.

I would love more EPs and less stuff packs but I hardly think the past six months have been slow content wise.

On a general topic, I think people may have jumped the gun with regards to weather. I don't see EA patching it in for free.

We'll likely have the Community SP early next year -- maybe January or February.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member

August had a stuff pack.
  • Options
    HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    I was hoping for more. I am still very happy c&d is coming but yeah, was hoping.