Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October Patch Speculation 2017 (Patch is out Update To The Holiday Pack)

Comments

• Options
    Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    Burglars

That'd be nice.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Burglars are a possibility. It's October, burglars are kinda scary and they could fit with the upcoming expansion pack, as dogs could possibly scare them away.

I heard they weren't going to do burglars because it's a trigger to some people who've actually been robbed... I don't know how truthful that is but if it is there are a lot more "triggers" in the game already lol

I honestly don't know how true that is. Our house has been broken into twice already (once while we were away on vacation, and once while it was 3 AM) and the burglars in the game are so cartoonish that they aren't scary at all (apart from the really loud stinger that scared me as a kid). Someone also mentioned this, and I don't think the burglars in the game are really "triggering" to anyone.

Someone along the line probably made that up for their own reasons.

That's how I feel because it came out of no where and it makes no sense considering what's in the game already. I never heard EA confirm so like I said I don't know how truthful it is. Heck I'm scared of clowns and having the tragedy clown in the game isn't triggering to me lol ive had my car stolen from my driveway before but I still would like to see them in the game. It would be nice if they could flat out say it's just a rumor lol
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    So, when might we get the new patch, any day now? Closer to Halloween?
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    > @WillKDavid said:
    > So, when might we get the new patch, any day now? Closer to Halloween?

I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow! Aren't patches usually released on a Tuesday?
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hope we get the patch today.
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I really hope the patch comes soon.. I'm too impatient to see what October brings!! I hope there's something good after all these rumours. I really want to see the return of burglars and firemen. And I hope jasmine has something special for us!! Eek hope my excitement doesn't crash and burn.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Since our Sims will be able to work as a vet, bring their pets to the vet, and own a vet clinic, I'm hoping the patch will allow:

1. Sims to work as chefs in their own restaurant.
    2. Sims to be able to go to the hospital when they're sick.

And I hope they'll also patch the doctor career so that you can get your supervisor to diagnose a patient and get promoted.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Burglars and Pre-teens Burglars so the pets can chase them away.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

A patch on the same day as a livestream? That doesn't sound likely, unless it's just a small patch.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I am still gonna keep my prediction of patch on October 31!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member

No patch today !

Only 3 weeks before the week of Cats & Dogs... hmmm ... the next patch should be the EP Patch.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I dreamt we were getting Halloween stuff?? First Sims dream I've had in a long time! Honestly not top of my personal list, though. I'm not really expecting anything this month except an event-type-thing.

I have to say I have never dreamt of the sims :p
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I wish they would just patch when they have something to sell. It takes me a week to clean up the mess they make of my game.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The EP patch and monthly patch will both come together to save time. It's more efficient that way.

Either the Devs are being really tight about something we want really bad, or we're expected to find roofs a lot more exciting than they really are.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    > @Loanet said:
    > The EP patch and monthly patch will both come together to save time. It's more efficient that way.
    >
    > Either the Devs are being really tight about something we want really bad, or we're expected to find roofs a lot more exciting than they really are.

I agree! It makes a lot more sense to release a pre-EP patch in October and then one in November that fixes any EP-related bugs people might have issues with.

You're right about the roofs, too, I think - if they are in fact the "great things" that are supposed to come with this patch, why would they blow the surprise and talk about them months in advance? No, it must be something else.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited October 2017

I think we will get it on the 18 because the sell for spooky stuff ends on the 17
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited October 2017
    I’m hoping we get to see more toddlers around in public lots. Like a daycare lot or a “kid friendly” lot trait or something
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I’m hoping we get to see more toddlers around in public lots. Like a daycare lot or a “kid friendly” lot trait or something

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Welp, were half way through October now. I hope we get the patch soon :)
    I also can't wait for the one in November. I hope it'll be more than the roofs
  • Options
    TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I think the patch will be next week as we have another live stream on the 26th and 2nd I think hopefully anyway :)
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    I believe that the new roofs will be patched in for all. I might just redesign my entire main house when we get them.

I just hope that's not the only thing we get. Cus y'know... free stuff...

If the new roofs are patched in, we wouldn't have seen them yet because they can't announce free content before the quarter it's coming out in.

Actually, they are confirmed to be patched in. One of simgurus tweeted something about it.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    The EP patch and monthly patch will both come together to save time. It's more efficient that way.

Either the Devs are being really tight about something we want really bad, or we're expected to find roofs a lot more exciting than they really are.
    The patch better be large the last huge patch was toddlers in January hopefully we get something as game changing. Since they have already mentioned roofs I highly doubt its the big feature they have been hyping. At this point I need something every possible feature I was excited to see with a Pets expansion is not coming with Cats and Dogs.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2017
    There also was another ''Free Pack'' mentioned in the main menu of Cats and Dogs.

People were speculating about whether it being a wrapped gift box or something else (the icon) and today, when I saw a Dutch youtuber who went to SimsCamp for Cats and Dogs, she actually had the main menu in full size on screen, and yes, there was another '''Free Pack'' (with gift box icon) in the menu.

I know, Gurus have been back and forth about it being the Grim Guitar, but I don't know. I think it's a plum cover up excuse. I mean, one Guitar doesn't make a pack.. right? lol.

So who knows what's coming..

To see it yourself, here is the video:

https://youtu.be/tlDl5gWNd-Q
  • Options
    HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I had this crazy thought, I am probably wrong but what if they patch in, the things we do not have from Sim's mobile, because sim's mobile is basically Sims 4 anyways, someone posted some new hair styles, and we do not have the fashion career yet either. I would definitely be surprise if they do this. But I doubt they will anyways. What are your guys thought's? It is a random possibility