Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are We Getting a New Free Pack This Year? (Leaked And Debunked by SimGuru)

Comments

• Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Aaaaaand... SimGuruDrake comes in to poop on the party..

An icon for one free guitar? Are they adding anything to Grim's guitar? Because gee whiz. Are we going to get an icon for the free shirt we just got? How much sense does that make?
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    Aaaaaand... SimGuruDrake comes in to poop on the party..

An icon for one free guitar? Are they adding anything to Grim's guitar? Because gee whiz. Are we going to get an icon for the free shirt we just got? How much sense does that make?
    She says in a tweet after that that it's from an unpolished build and we won't see it on pack release. I'm skeptical though, after the yoyoing.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited September 2017
    Yep, Lyndsay said it's the guitar as well.

It's really odd that only the Gurus get that icon, when not a single player who signed up for the guitar has it. I guess it's a bug that nobody ever reported, because we didn't know it was a bug.

Either that or they're trying to cover their tracks, lol.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited September 2017
    So we are getting another one of Grim's guitars? o.o?
    Well at any rate I think I'll take my leave from the thread here.
    Have fun. :smile:
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    The guitar actually makes sense, everything in the game that's optional and separate to the base game has a pack. Normally free content is patched into the base game however the holiday pack was an optional download and for whatever reason they made the guitar an optional download so it has an icon as though it's a pack. I don't know why but the icon is just something that shows up on their version of the game and not ours. Perhaps there was a time limit to get the guitar so they didn't want an icon constantly reminding those that missed out? I would rather it was something else but it would still make sense if it was the guitar.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    The guitar actually makes sense, everything in the game that's optional and separate to the base game has a pack. Normally free content is patched into the base game however the holiday pack was an optional download and for whatever reason they made the guitar an optional download so it has an icon as though it's a pack. I don't know why but the icon is just something that shows up on their version of the game and not ours. Perhaps there was a time limit to get the guitar so they didn't want an icon constantly reminding those that missed out? I would rather it was something else but it would still make sense if it was the guitar.

It definitely makes sense, but the strange thing is, according to the gurus, we're supposed to already have that icon, and nobody does.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Ok, I have a theory maybe Grimmy was feeling unappreciated :( and was about to quit his job with EA. :'( so they said ok Grimmy we will give out an icon in your honor for your guitar under free gifts.
    So Grimmy said ok, :| but it's not enough, and wanted them to add more gifts. hahaha. so yup we are (maybe) getting more with this guitar in a free gift pack. ;)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    This is getting silly. :(
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    This is getting silly. :(
    Well... if we start over completely, I think it's clear we're getting something with the pre-Pets patch (the new roof type, if nothing else, as I can't see them limiting that to the Pets pack). Beyond that, it's pretty much open season for speculation. It may well be that we are getting something the size of the Holiday free pack, but it won't have a free pack icon or be delivered like it's a pack.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Ok, I have sad theory # 2. perhaps that was a picture of someones sims 4 game that had the console version. and the email may not be needed for consoles. so they added it to gifts.

This in itself does not mean we will not get a new gift pack, for Christmas, how will we get our new holiday things?. just a patch would be boring, but very appreciated :)o:)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    It definitely makes sense, but the strange thing is, according to the gurus, we're supposed to already have that icon, and nobody does.

Nope, they've confirmed we're not supposed to have the icon nor will we get the icon at a later date.
  • Options
    SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I really don't believe what the gurus said, they told us not to read into pets yet some of us had the lucky guess if anything I'd be suspicious and I've got the guitar so it's an unreasonable excuse to put it in an icon now like what's the point?
  • Options
    I really don't believe what the gurus said, they told us not to read into pets yet some of us had the lucky guess if anything I'd be suspicious and I've got the guitar so it's an unreasonable excuse to put it in an icon now like what's the point?

They're not putting it in an icon now, they're saying it's always had an icon on their computers. Lyndsay originally said it was the guitar, then she said she must have been mistaken, then she said she was sure it was the guitar but she doesn't understand why we don't have the icon so she doesn't know what it is. Then Drake said it's 100% the guitar and they have no intention of giving us the icon, it's just for their version of the game that they work on. I know we can't trust everything they say and it's always possible that this will turn out to be one of those things but they have given an explanation and while sometimes they deny something that's true, they also deny things that are false.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited September 2017
    This seems like probably just something they have on their working copy of the game. They are going to have slight differences from what we the customers have so I'm guessing this turned out to be nothing. But that's ok
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Maybe they should prove it was for grims guitar then??
    jWLjZ.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Yep, Lyndsay said it's the guitar as well.

It's really odd that only the Gurus get that icon, when not a single player who signed up for the guitar has it. I guess it's a bug that nobody ever reported, because we didn't know it was a bug.

Either that or they're trying to cover their tracks, lol.

It's not odd at all, the devs are using special builds, and we're using a public build. Remember in the livestreams they had cheat codes we don't have either.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2017
    Okay but if that is pcs the Sims Camp is using then it should not be the same as the devs - or was not in past games anyway. Maybe it is different this time. Drake may not know seeing she was not here in past games - but Lyndsay should know - she's been here since the first Sims game. Sims camp pcs don't usually have all the bells and whistles the devs do. Maybe they changed that for Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Okay but if that is pcs the Sims Camp is using then it should not be the same as the devs - or was not in past games anyway. Maybe it is different this time. Drake may not know seeing she was not here in past games - but Lyndsay should know - she's been here since the first Sims game. Sims camp pcs don't usually have all the bells and whistles the devs do. Maybe they changed that for Sims 4.

But it's still a special build they are using, most likely one they built for Sims Camp, not the public build we have.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Maybe someone else (with more talent) can try this.

Using Paint, I zoomed in (about 400%) and tried just blacking out the icon's (dark gray) background - leaving only the light gray areas. What I got looked like a messed-up foot! :neutral:

Like I said, if someone more talented than I could give it a try?
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Not saying the simgurus are lying, but they're not completely trustworthy when it comes to these kinds of things.

Remember, toddlers were not planned....
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Maybe the free pack is music-based?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    JackieGoOutsideJackieGoOutside Posts: 33 Member
    Maybe they're adding Grim's Guitar to a free SP so they aren't technically telling a lie but it's not the whole truth.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Maybe they're adding Grim's Guitar to a free SP so they aren't technically telling a lie but it's not the whole truth.

We already have grim's guitar?? What's the point of adding it to a free pack? :|
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    JackieGoOutsideJackieGoOutside Posts: 33 Member
    > @Ciarassims said:
    > We already have grim's guitar?? What's the point of adding it to a free pack? :|

It's available only to people who signed up to the newsletter, which not everyone did so they could be patching it in the game for everyone. Unless they already patched it in. Did they already patch it in?