Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are We Getting a New Free Pack This Year? (Leaked And Debunked by SimGuru)

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    I just saw a YouTube video by Bokado Sims reviewing the Cats and Dogs CAS. In the beginning she has her game on the home screen of Cats and Dogs and you can clearly see another gift shaped free pack icon. I don't know if it is or isn't Grim's guitar but it probably is since the footage from this screen is pre-recorded with the EA version of the game with Cats and Dogs. And if it was another Free Pack it probably would've been in the quarterly teaser.
    CLJMoDN.png
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Unfortunately, this has just been debunked. According to SimsVIP on Twitter, SimGuruLyndsay said it was for the free guitar we got.

Edited to add link:

She would have been better off just saying we'll have to wait and see. I don't buy it at all. Why would one object need an icon, an icon on the main menu at that?

Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    Unfortunately, this has just been debunked. According to SimsVIP on Twitter, SimGuruLyndsay said it was for the free guitar we got.

Edited to add link:

She would have been better off just saying we'll have to wait and see. I don't buy it at all. Why would one object need an icon, an icon on the main menu at that?

For technical reasons possibly. They have a system in place to make packages of content (packs) and distribute them through Origin. It makes sense they would reuse it for the guitar too.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Neia wrote: »

Edited to add link:

For technical reasons possibly. They have a system in place to make packages of content (packs) and distribute them through Origin. It makes sense they would reuse it for the guitar too.

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I mean, we pretty much accepted that it's just the guitar, but can you imagine if we get surprised by a new free pack this month? We haven't gotten anything in october yet.
  • Options
    petey1petey1 Posts: 5 New Member
    Isn't that first one for the Holiday pack? It looks like a present and I know I have it on my game menu. I don't know what the other one is though. I can't remember if I have it or not!!
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    This came up in my game today, but when I clicked on the image, it was the previous holiday pack. However, some of the items in this photo look unfamiliar to me. It could be nothing, but it seemed odd that this would show up and not show any of the items in the pack that it would seem to be promoting.
    33f5dur.jpg
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    This came up in my game today, but when I clicked on the image, it was the previous holiday pack. However, some of the items in this photo look unfamiliar to me. It could be nothing, but it seemed odd that this would show up and not show any of the items in the pack that it would seem to be promoting.
    33f5dur.jpg
    It's in the patch notes. :) They added some Diwali items to the holiday pack.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    33f5dur.jpg

I JUST noticed that right after I posted. :D
  • Options
    Triplis wrote: »
    33f5dur.jpg

I JUST noticed that right after I posted. :D
    Hehe. :smiley:
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    So basically they tried to pull a fast one on us once again
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I bet this was supposed to be a new separate free pack but they decided to include it in the one we already have. I personally like the CAS, it fits with City Living and the clothes are gorgeous in my opinion. And I really like the Build Mode items too. They are really versatile.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited October 2017
    They mislead us so often! "Oh no no that super obvious leak/hint/whatever was nothing. Nothing at all to see here. Move along..."
  • Options
    So basically they tried to pull a fast one on us once again
    If you mean them saying that the "leaked" icon was for grim's guitar in a different version of the game where it's visible, then not really.

If they were trying to pull a fast one, they covered their tracks well. Cause the only way I can see it as being a lie is if they were originally going to add the Diwali stuff as its own pack and then merged it instead to make it look like they weren't lying. But that would be a cluttered way to add a few new holiday items, so it wouldn't make much sense for them to have done it separately to begin with.

So I mean, I guess it's possible, but there's no actual proof of their statements having been misleading. As far as I'm aware, they never actually stated whether there would be holiday adds. All they did was address the leaked icon on the main menu.

Don't get me wrong; I'm all for calling out lies and misleading behavior. But this is a pretty ambiguous situation.

Personally, I'm also going to be more forgiving of a lie that is used to cover a leak about something being added that is a positive for players than I am with other types of lies or deception. Thinking I won't get something cool and then getting it does no harm to me. And in that situation, they may be at legal or financial risk by having information leak out early.

Granted, (speaking hypothetically of course) if any kind of deception or misleading behavior happened a lot, no matter the context, I'd have a hard time taking them at their word. But then, taking any company at its word is a difficult thing to do in the world we live in, in general. It's far too easy for deception to occur in little ways without any consequences.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited October 2017
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    They mislead us so often! "Oh no no that super obvious leak/hint/whatever was nothing. Nothing at all to see here. Move along..."

But it's indeed nothing, just like they said.
    I bet this was supposed to be a new separate free pack but they decided to include it in the one we already have. I personally like the CAS, it fits with City Living and the clothes are gorgeous in my opinion. And I really like the Build Mode items too. They are really versatile.

No. If you have the dev build the second icon would still be there / has nothing to do with these new items.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Technically we haven't had the roofs patched in yet. Hopefully there's more to come than a few lights. The wall lights will certainly be great for your house in Christmas. I'm surprised they're doing it seperately is all.

The items are nice, and FREE STUFF YAY! But I'm not seeing anything that makes me gasp with its awesomeness.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    edited October 2017
    Either way they've lied before, they said the pets render was fake well it's not, same with toddlers... I can't stand someone who lies, it really irks me. If they want to be secretive okay just keep quite but don't lie.