Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think the Devs ARE learning

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited October 2017
    Loanet wrote: »

From all information released, EA is planning to really milk the heck out of Sims 4, putting some faith in a Pixar-esque style that will stand the test of time, probably even more than Sims 3. Separate releases for the Supernatruals (we hope) will do this but will also see those neglected lifestates expanded. A separate Witch release would lead to some incredibly deep magical gameplay.

Pretty much this explains to me everything that is wrong with the way they constructed Sims 4 and their business model. Milk it for all they will, as long as we allow them to sell us plastic trinkets while they tell us it's gold
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited October 2017

From all information released, EA is planning to really milk the heck out of Sims 4, putting some faith in a Pixar-esque style that will stand the test of time, probably even more than Sims 3. Separate releases for the Supernatruals (we hope) will do this but will also see those neglected lifestates expanded. A separate Witch release would lead to some incredibly deep magical gameplay.

Pretty much this explains to me everything that is wrong with the way they constructed Sims 4 and their business model. Milk it for all they will, as long as we allow them to sell us plastic trinkets while they tell us it's gold

All things considered, they're no more plastic than the Sims 3 things. People are always comparing Sims 4 to Sims 3 and saying "I want Sims 5!" and acting like Sims 5 will solve all these inadequacies and failings, by dint of being... '5'.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

All things considered, they're no more plastic than the Sims 3 things. People are always comparing Sims 4 to Sims 3 and saying "I want Sims 5!" and acting like Sims 5 will solve all these inadequacies and failings, by dint of being... '5'.
    All things considered yes, they most definitely are. They in fact are elaborating on a strategy they indeed started during Sims 3 (I can clearly recall that 'what on earth are they doing' feeling at one point, when they started to release this poorly done, actively advertised, purely animation based Store stuff; nothing but hot air, that's what it was). By stating you get as much gameplay in Game Packs as you used to in (Sims 3) EP's, you're only fooling yourself for whatever reason. Sims 4 players are paying just as much - if not more because they need to have it all - for less. From the very beginning TS4 players have been complaining about needing stuff to do. They still do. Where Sims 3 players (and Sims 2 players; Sims 3 isn't the only game in this franchise that brought EP's) are still enjoying themselves with what they've got now for several years, nothing is added anymore. Creating a Sims game is more than handing a few cute animations and a script, that much is clear. Part of the problem here of course is the basegame.

I'm not sure who's asking for an immediate Sims 5 by the way? They can take all the time they need, as long as they take it seriously this time around. Sorry that people longing for another Sims game is annoying. That doesn't stop me from longing for it though. Sims 4 simply hasn't got it. I never blamed Sims 3 haters for not being happy with that game. To each their own.
    5JZ57S6.png