Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of The Sims 4 on PS4/Xbox One?

Comments

• Options
    johnvincent0021johnvincent0021 Posts: 15 Member
    > @rekandtrs said:
    > Sounds like you’re better off on pc. We’ve been getting new packs each month. :| I really don’t understand why people think that Console packs should be discounted or “free” since it’s already out on pc? In what universe does that happen?? You do know EA Is a business right?
    > That’s like saying PubG should be free because it came out on pc first now it’s ported over to console... like no... that’s never going to happen. Sorry to sound rude, Its just very aggravating seeing how people really think they’re entitled. Also the price for packs are the SAME as pc when they come out. Stuff pack has always been 10$ Gamepack 20$ EP 40$. There’s literally no price change.

Calm down people it's only my opinion don't take it seriously
  • Options
    Hann23Hann23 Posts: 15 Member
    I'm a console gamer and have been since I was a child so I like console games in general. I do play on my laptop sometimes.

I like the game but it is so buggy and the loading screens get tedious fast. I miss the sims when we could literally walk across the street to the next door neighbours house without having to wait 5 minutes!
  • Options
    xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    I do hope they can update the trophies list for this game, especially for the new skills both patched-in and from all the eps and gps.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • Options
    MrDuckMrDuck Posts: 15 Member
    > @xingyicaicn said:
    > I do hope they can update the trophies list for this game, especially for the new skills both patched-in and from all the eps and gps.

This, I was disappointed to see they didn't add new achievements/trophies to the game with new GPS/EPS.
    It might be a stretch but I'd love a Xbox One X/PS4 Pro patch to improve performance.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I have only ever played the sims games on console, so the sims4 is the best simsgame on console for me, since it is finally (almost) exactly like the PCversion and we will be getting all the packs and since the pc already has them, I can get infos about the packs now and don't have to wait for weeks after one is out to get some detailed info, I call it a plus.
    It makes me more exited for packs and lets me already consider them when choosing what to use lots for and interior choices for example, I am keeping in mind to keep a spot open for a vet-clinic in willow creek (which I am currently remaking) and space for petstuff like doggy beds, bowls etc. in houses that will get a pet once C&D comes along for xbone.

So there's a good side to already knowing what's to come, though the waiting can still be tough, I am anxiously waiting for C&D.

I have never and will never care about stupid, petty rivalries between the console players and the PC players, honestly I don't get it...we all love gaming and especially this game, I want to share the fun makes it.... just more fun :-)

But I do envy PCgamers for Mods, CC and certain functions "we" console players don't have, gotta admit...
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    How often does this game autosave? I was playing a household last night and a lot happened in about an hour but then the game crashed for no reason. When I reloaded the game, the last autosave was about five minutes after I started playing. I got so wrapped up in what was going on that I forgot to save it half-way through.

It seems I'll need a timer to make sure I save it every 30 minutes.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    ScottrealbauerScottrealbauer Posts: 4 New Member
    It's great. I'm in love but getting very impatient with dlc content jealous of PC
  • Options
    Why does this game seem to have problems doing what current console games and do easily three-times as well, in relation to how much detail or goings-on can be done at once? The last two nights I was playing a household and while I was moving the camera around to see what was happening, or following a character, the game seemed to get all tangled up and crashed.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    lizisprocrastinatinglizisprocrastinating Posts: 125 Member
    How often does this game autosave? I was playing a household last night and a lot happened in about an hour but then the game crashed for no reason. When I reloaded the game, the last autosave was about five minutes after I started playing. I got so wrapped up in what was going on that I forgot to save it half-way through.

It seems I'll need a timer to make sure I save it every 30 minutes.

It only auto saves when you travel.
  • Options
    Encountered another issue with this game last night.

I was in Build mode for several hours building a new house for a family and suddenly the D-Pad wouldn't work in changing floors or altering views. It was very hard trying to decorate a small 3x3 bathroom. I could 't even go up and do the roof. All the D-Pad would do was alter the size of a selected item. I had to quite the game and go back into it just to finish the house off.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    AnnabelleAnnabelle Posts: 248 Member
    I must admit that at first play I wasn't too phased with the console version and didn't think I would "get used to it," but after playing a few different families and becoming more comfortable with the controls, I'm really enjoying it now. I started with the base game and have just purchased the Get to Work/Dine Out/Cool Kitchen Stuff bundle pack. (I had a $50 voucher and the pack was $59.95, so I was only $9.95 out of pocket - score! ;)) Thankfully my game has run smoothly. I'm a terrible builder on the PC version, so you can imagine how I fare with the PS4, lol, so in that aspect I really miss the gallery - though I know it will come eventually so for the meantime I'm remaining patient and am looking forward to more packs coming out in the future. :)

Side note: one of the greatest things about the console version though... definitely has to be being able to lay in bed while I play, oppose to sitting upright at a computer for hours at a time. ;):p
  • Options
    SteveTheSimmerSteveTheSimmer Posts: 49 Member
    I love it, I'm obsessed
  • Options
    DeelunaDeeluna Posts: 33 Member
    Okay I am sure this has been covered somewhere in the previous pages, but is there a basic run down of just how different or similar the titles are between console versions and PC versions? Is the PS4 versions, for example, exactly the same as the PC version with the exception of control method? Or are the games more like the console vs PC games of the past from the sims 3 and back? Or is it some hybrid between the two?
  • Options
    RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Well, you can't share things to the gallery for other console players to choose. At the moment, there's only a few things sprinkled and base stuff/expansions. I cannot say for sure if every bug the consoles have/had are alike, but it is a Sims game. Well, if you want a difference, it does not look as good. But, the truth is, they have tried to make it pretty close to the PC version (just a stripped gallery that you cannot share, and no mods).
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Deeluna wrote: »
    Okay I am sure this has been covered somewhere in the previous pages, but is there a basic run down of just how different or similar the titles are between console versions and PC versions? Is the PS4 versions, for example, exactly the same as the PC version with the exception of control method? Or are the games more like the console vs PC games of the past from the sims 3 and back? Or is it some hybrid between the two?

Console version is the exact same as PC version.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Console is much better now with Cats and Dogs and Gallery Creations added to our libraries. Laundry Day is out on August 14th. Still waiting for Seasons and Get Together. Hopefully we'll be seeing Outdoor Retreat and Spooky Stuff in September in October.
  • Options
    RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    I actually adore it on ps4. As my laptop was just not doing it anymore with it cuz it just..it was much. Sure i dont have the mods but i had on pc but ive found im having almost more fun playing it on console probably cuz things arent lagging as badly and im noticing more clothing and other things i never even realized was in game before so really its been a fun time! I love it! :D
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • Options
    Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    I have played it on both and love it on console more i can relax more and I tend to play it longer on console than pc but you can't really say that you do and don't like it on one or the other as such as it is the exact same as pc as console because they transferred it from that only difference packs aren't all out I like that though gives us something to be excited each month for and also just the controls and cc other than that it's the same game play
  • Options
    Could someone tell me whereabouts in Build Mode is the rectangular marble block that's perfect for displaying things on?
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I do hope they can update the trophies list for this game, especially for the new skills both patched-in and from all the eps and gps.

I've always wanted dlc trophies too but it's doubtful. I think simguruduke said a while back they won't be doing that :neutral:
  • Options
    I_need_awnsersI_need_awnsers Posts: 2 New Member
    The sims on Xbox and ps4 is just starting to get boring we need a way to either get cc for skin tones or skin tones added. The only fun sims game is on pc and that’s just it sims on the Xbox is so limited because of the lack of CC. It’s just so limited then the Pc and it makes it a lot more boring and CAS is less fun.
  • Options
    I have never had a PS4 game that has so many problems with it.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I used to think it was great until this latest patch. I spent hours designing a new home from scratch, as well as a new Sim. I started a new game earlier tonight, and the game freezes up in Build Mode. It's unplayable.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Why does everyone have problems with the game on console I play on a ps4 500gb (not pro) and it has not once crashed
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Why does everyone have problems with the game on console I play on a ps4 500gb (not pro) and it has not once crashed
    I guess it depends on how old your game is. Seriously, it’s been an issue for most PS4 and XBOX users. You are/were bound to eventually run into the issue.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)