Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of The Sims 4 on PS4/Xbox One?

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    I recently started having teenage couples and what I have noticed is that not only are their romance actions (kissing, making out) more passionate than from Young Adult onwards, but Romance actions that aren't available in the later years. With Teenage Romance, you have:

- Attempt to Seduce
    - Kiss Neck

I think from Young Adult onwards, their Passionate Kiss should all involve Kiss, Kiss Cheek and Kiss Neck.

On PC those options are all available to my Sims teen to adult. The only noticeable difference is teen can "mess around" being fully clothed and YA to elder can Woohoo or try for baby.
    Adults don’t have the kiss neck on pc that’s solely for teens. That’s always been a teen interaction. Attempt to seduce is also just teens. Unless it came with some update I’m not aware of. Adults have the “sexy pose” interaction which is almost the same as seduce.
    Console and Pc all have the same gameplay interactions, there’s no difference.

I’ve seen attempt to seduce for adults, it must have been patched in. Agree about kiss neck being teen only (unless you use MCCC)
  • DarthSliverDarthSliver Posts: 14 New Member
    Does anyone know the potential dlc release schedule for console version?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2018
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > I have freezing and ignoring. I thinks it may be a hardware\processor thing not a bug. Could be wrong.

mine still does it too

Again i think its the hardware or console processor. Just plan things a sim hour in advance, trust me it works

I have had a lot of bugs on the ps4 pro.
    The bugs I have had are just like the ones for PC.

Freezing and ignoring from my sims when I select an action.
    Unfinished cooking.

Yeah seems the console versions are having some of the same issues the PC version gets.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• icchigo13icchigo13 Posts: 5 New Member
    How do you open the taking photo option on the ps4? It keeps randomly open the camera to take a photo and it won't let me close it all the time it just gets stuck in camera mode and i lose hours of game play. Please help me
    icchigo13 wrote: »
    How do you open the taking photo option on the ps4? It keeps randomly open the camera to take a photo and it won't let me close it all the time it just gets stuck in camera mode and i lose hours of game play. Please help me

You need to hold down the share button ;)

• RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    It's fun, but the patch schedule is far too slow. Some days, I can play for a few hours with no issues. Other days, within ten minutes, I am forced to stop because of a bug that forces me to close the game (something like the collectibles getting stuck on a sim and then trying to force every button press to be a "move there"). It does not feel worth it to keep starting and restarting, so I move onto a different game, or do something else entirely. At least they fixed the save bug.
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    There's some issues that bothers me like the bug controls and the crashing that sometimes happen.
    I wish they fix the way the sims texture skin looks because I notice how patchy and odd it looks in well lit rooms.
    But other than that I'm enjoying the game.
    [
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    I thought a patch was going to be released mid-January soon after the PC patch, but that never happened.
    Sipop wrote: »
    There's some issues that bothers me like the bug controls and the crashing that sometimes happen.
    I wish they fix the way the sims texture skin looks because I notice how patchy and odd it looks in well lit rooms.
    But other than that I'm enjoying the game.

I have noticed the crashing happens a lot if I don't save regular.

• adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I've created some really beautiful women in this game.

The problem I have is I want to create split-level staircases and unless I alter the foundations, it can't be done. A tutorial video said you can create one by doing this but then if you want to make the house higher off the ground, you can't.

Now, if you can create a staircase using normal walls, why can't you create an enclosed area using half-walls, build a deck on top of it and have the stairs go up to that??
    2quwd7.gif

• Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    RionAgrias wrote: »
    It's fun, but the patch schedule is far too slow. Some days, I can play for a few hours with no issues. Other days, within ten minutes, I am forced to stop because of a bug that forces me to close the game (something like the collectibles getting stuck on a sim and then trying to force every button press to be a "move there"). It does not feel worth it to keep starting and restarting, so I move onto a different game, or do something else entirely. At least they fixed the save bug.

I was wondering when we will see another patch, there wasnt one last month and the last patch was back in December.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It's getting a lot better with updates and packs. I have all the packs so far. I'm now waiting for Cats and Dogs,Outdoor Retreat and Backyard Stuff.
    It's getting a lot better with updates and packs. I have all the packs so far. I'm now waiting for Cats and Dogs,Outdoor Retreat and Backyard Stuff.

Well it seems cats&dogs is about the best were gonna get over the next couple of months if indeed its coming in march.

RionAgrias wrote: »

I was wondering when we will see another patch, there wasnt one last month and the last patch was back in December.

Haven't they just put one out to update?

• rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

Well it seems cats&dogs is about the best were gonna get over the next couple of months if indeed its coming in march.

I’m just ready for parenthood, their build & buy is great and it adds family play. Cats and dogs is nice but it’s a buggy mess. I’ll probably wait on it. Until a few patches come out to iron out the hiccups.
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    edited February 2018
    Thats just your opinion though. There's a lot of people, me included that think differently. I've been playing the sims on console since the first sims on ps2, those were the days. If it wasn't for a console, I would of never played the sims. I've liked every sims game on console, some more than other. Just because a game started on a certain platform, doesn't automatically mean it's meant for that platform only. If they made a hd collection of sims 1, the sims busting out, and the sims 2 and added it to the ps4, I would snag that up faster than you could say "console gamer"

Same, I started playing "The Sims" on GameCube when I was super young and, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't had played any of the Sims series.
    Ect Bustin out, Sims Urbz, Sims 2. Yes there's a big difference of the console vs the PC but it's still definitely enjoyable. Tbh when I first played the Sims 3, "which was the first PC version I ever touched". I wasn't into it at first. But now in 2018 there's so much potential for Sims on console than there ever was.

[
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

I’m just ready for parenthood, their build & buy is great and it adds family play. Cats and dogs is nice but it’s a buggy mess. I’ll probably wait on it. Until a few patches come out to iron out the hiccups.

Yes looking forward to parenting to. mostly for toddlers and kids. I just can't stand playing teens anymore. being how they still look. newborns needed a few more items to. it blows that newborns get more items in freeplay.

that aside, can't wait.

as dine out as been a buggy mess. I don't expect cats&dogs to be any better.

hopefully it wont be the case.

One thing I hate in Build mode, especially when I'm trying to do something careful, is you get the camera exactly where you need it when all of a sudden, the game moves it up or down.

Also, when I see a Sim walking down the street that I'd like my Sim to speak to, I tell them to speak to this person and they run straight past them (??), up to where the Sim was heading and by the time they've arrived, my Sim's action instantly cancels itself, like it had completely forgotten what to do.

Why does the game do this? Who not just go up to the person and talk to them, rather than running far away to the end of the street where the Sim was going?
    2quwd7.gif

• Samijane22Samijane22 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have really enjoyed the Sims 4 Xbox one version a lot! Although, I do have one complaint. The Sims Freeplay has WAY more already built mansions/houses to choose from than Sims 4 console. & in my opinion, that’s super disappointing considering Sims Freeplay is free and Sims 4 most definitely is not. I would like to see either a lot more prebuilt template homes added to the library or a Gallery option like the PC version has where you have the option to download prebuilt homes that other players have shared. Also, it can get frustrating, how fast the time moves on normal speed. It would be nice if they would add one more speed option that is slower than normal.
  • johnvincent0021johnvincent0021 Posts: 15 Member
    - so disappointing
    - no gallery
    - no mod support
    - takes too long to release all the packs
    - the prices for the packs are so expensive
    - the expansion packs for pc is %60 off right now but on console it is still the same price
    I know they work really hard but c'mon bruh can't wait any longer
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    - so disappointing
    - no gallery
    - no mod support
    - the expansion packs for pc is %60 off right now but on console it is still the same price

1. They're working on the gallery
    2. It takes a while to port packs
    3. Prices are expensive because the packs just came out. They aren't automatically gonna be on sale.
    4. PC has had packs for years. Not even they put newly released packs on sale.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    - so disappointing
    - no gallery
    - no mod support

Packs have been on sale already a few times. I expect they will be on sale again soon.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    - so disappointing
    - no gallery
    - no mod support

Packs have been on sale already a few times. I expect they will be on sale again soon.
    That is true. I bought a couple of the packs when they were on sale. I couldnt wait for a sale on the console version of Get to Work, so I went ahead and bought it the day of release. :D
    He/Him
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    - so disappointing
    - no gallery
    - no mod support
    Sounds like you’re better off on pc. We’ve been getting new packs each month. :| I really don’t understand why people think that Console packs should be discounted or “free” since it’s already out on pc? In what universe does that happen?? You do know EA Is a business right?
    That’s like saying PubG should be free because it came out on pc first now it’s ported over to console... like no... that’s never going to happen. Sorry to sound rude, Its just very aggravating seeing how people really think they’re entitled. Also the price for packs are the SAME as pc when they come out. Stuff pack has always been 10$ Gamepack 20$ EP 40$. There’s literally no price change.
    My two Sims last night acquired the photography skill, maxed it out then took some photos of each other; they're in love. Now, when the photos were being taken I made sure that the Sim was perfectly centred in the frame yet after putting the photos on the wall, I noticed that they were all off-centre.
    2quwd7.gif