Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of The Sims 4 on PS4/Xbox One?

Comments

• crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    Thats just your opinion though. There's a lot of people, me included that think differently. I've been playing the sims on console since the first sims on ps2, those were the days. If it wasn't for a console, I would of never played the sims. I've liked every sims game on console, some more than other. Just because a game started on a certain platform, doesn't automatically mean it's meant for that platform only. If they made a hd collection of sims 1, the sims busting out, and the sims 2 and added it to the ps4, I would snag that up faster than you could say "console gamer"
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Thats just your opinion though. There's a lot of people, me included that think differently. I've been playing the sims on console since the first sims on ps2, those were the days. If it wasn't for a console, I would of never played the sims. I've liked every sims game on console, some more than other. Just because a game started on a certain platform, doesn't automatically mean it's meant for that platform only. If they made a hd collection of sims 1, the sims busting out, and the sims 2 and added it to the ps4, I would snag that up faster than you could say "console gamer"

I played both versions. I am both a PC gamer and console gamer. I can tell you that Sims is best on PC, just based my gameplay in both. My go-to console game is the Story of Seasons (formally Harvest Moon) francise though. I viewed gameplay of the past Sims games on console and saw them all as subpar just based on the gameplay I viewed.
  • DougyDougy Posts: 47 Member
    [quote="NorthDakotaGamer;c-16222138"][quote="crashhat141;c-16216464"]Thats just your opinion though. There's a lot of people, me included that think differently. I've been playing the sims on console since the first sims on ps2, those were the days. If it wasn't for a console, I would of never played the sims. I've liked every sims game on console, some more than other. Just because a game started on a certain platform, doesn't automatically mean it's meant for that platform only. If they made a hd collection of sims 1, the sims busting out, and the sims 2 and added it to the ps4, I would snag that up faster than you could say "console gamer"[/quote]

I played both versions. I am both a PC gamer and console gamer. I can tell you that Sims is best on PC, just based my gameplay in both. My go-to console game is the Story of Seasons (formally Harvest Moon) francise though. I viewed gameplay of the past Sims games on console and saw them all as subpar just based on the gameplay I viewed.[/quote]

Still that is based on your opinion , doesn't make your opinion right and anyone else's opinion wrong .
  • Lady_LuSsh01Lady_LuSsh01 Posts: 328 Member
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > Im enjoying it. Its brilliant that console players now have the same experience as pc players.

i agree with you but theres still so much that needs fixing, but i defo love that its on console now
    even tho i love the console ive been having a lot of issues with freezing and Sims not doing what i ask, has anyone else experienced this.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    ^ I haven't experienced freezing, but my sims like to ignore my requests too.
    > @floralney said:
    > ^ I haven't experienced freezing, but my sims like to ignore my requests too.

its super annoying right
    has any one been eaten by there cow plant? is that a thing, because i pressed to feed it cake and it chewed me and spat me out lol, i was shocked coz iv never got that far before on the gardening career
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    > @Lady_LuSsh01 said:
    > even tho i love the console ive been having a lot of issues with freezing and Sims not doing what i ask, has anyone else experienced this.

I get that all the time. Very annoying when playing many sims in the same household.
    > @JPNeko said:
    > > @Lady_LuSsh01 said:
    > > even tho i love the console ive been having a lot of issues with freezing and Sims not doing what i ask, has anyone else experienced this.
    >
    > I get that all the time. Very annoying when playing many sims in the same household.

i even get it with one sim
    edited December 2017
    @Lady_LuSsh01

On PC it takes a couple times being eaten by the cow plant to get a sim to die. I assume the same is needed on console.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
    > @NorthDakotaGamer said:
    > @Lady_LuSsh01
    >
    > On PC it takes a couple times being eaten by the coolant to get a sim to die. I assume the same is needed on console.

thanks for the info
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I have freezing and ignoring. I thinks it may be a hardware\processor thing not a bug. Could be wrong.
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > I have freezing and ignoring. I thinks it may be a hardware\processor thing not a bug. Could be wrong.

mine still does it too
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > I have freezing and ignoring. I thinks it may be a hardware\processor thing not a bug. Could be wrong.

mine still does it too

Again i think its the hardware or console processor. Just plan things a sim hour in advance, trust me it works
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > Lady_LuSsh01 wrote: »
    >
    > > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > > I have freezing and ignoring. I thinks it may be a hardware\processor thing not a bug. Could be wrong.
    >
    > mine still does it too
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Again i think its the hardware or console processor. Just plan things a sim hour in advance, trust me it works

ok thanks
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Ever since I bought this game on Nov 14, apart from when I finished Battlefront 2, I've been playing this every night and can't wait to start playing and hate having to turn it off at night to go to bed.

Also, one thing I have been wondering relates to character attractions. When a character flirts with another, why does one person react positively which results in a loving relationship whereas another rebuffs it? For example with 3 characters that I created (Laura, Natalia, Megumi):

- Laura starts chatting with Natalia then flirts with her. Natalia knocks it back.
    - Laura starts chatting with Megumi then flirts with her. They eventually got married.
    2quwd7.gif

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Apart from the speed up time button I am constantly having to stop a lot during live mode. It looks and plays as good as the PC version to me. after playing it a bit more.

It needs some form of gallery. Newcrest is empty. If your not a builder this will be a problem. It needs more packs like

Get to work
    Spa day
    Dine out
    Get together to fill it up.

Wish they would hurry up releasing these older packs tho :(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

floralney wrote: »

I have had some freezing. But my sims to ignore my requests a lot when I want them to cook. Sometimes the kitchens full of unfinished cooking. I think this is some kind of bug for me. It keeps happening:(

• floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

I have had some freezing. But my sims to ignore my requests a lot when I want them to cook. Sometimes the kitchens full of unfinished cooking. I think this is some kind of bug for me. It keeps happening:(

The unfinished cooking is definitely a bug. So many people are having it.
    marcel21 wrote: »

The unfinished cooking is definitely a bug. So many people are having it.

Thank you. I thought as much. They start cooking only to stop, abandone and select and start a new dish.
    I had this issue with the PC version but the fix game option helped me here. Hopefully ps4 will get a fix soon.

• NefNef Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="JPNeko;c-16196416"]> @Jokertastic said:
    > I was excited for this game on PS4 at first, but I am not regretting my purchase. I came in with the expectation that I could have a premade house, and not have to build one from scratch. It took me hours just to create my characters, and with no architectural eye and very little time to play my PS4 (only on the weekends), I don't even see myself playing this. At this rate, I'd pay for a pre-made house option for DLC.

I agree that we should get the option to play one of the premade households when starting a new game. It also took me ages to create one to begin playing. Hope that option can be added with a future update.
    [/quote]

You can play as one of the premade households, though. Just select a house while in the world select, and click play on it.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I recently started having teenage couples and what I have noticed is that not only are their romance actions (kissing, making out) more passionate than from Young Adult onwards, but Romance actions that aren't available in the later years. With Teenage Romance, you have:

- Attempt to Seduce
    - Kiss Neck

I think from Young Adult onwards, their Passionate Kiss should all involve Kiss, Kiss Cheek and Kiss Neck.
    2quwd7.gif

I recently started having teenage couples and what I have noticed is that not only are their romance actions (kissing, making out) more passionate than from Young Adult onwards, but Romance actions that aren't available in the later years. With Teenage Romance, you have:

- Attempt to Seduce
    - Kiss Neck

I think from Young Adult onwards, their Passionate Kiss should all involve Kiss, Kiss Cheek and Kiss Neck.

On PC those options are all available to my Sims teen to adult. The only noticeable difference is teen can "mess around" being fully clothed and YA to elder can Woohoo or try for baby.
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member

- Attempt to Seduce
    - Kiss Neck

On PC those options are all available to my Sims teen to adult. The only noticeable difference is teen can "mess around" being fully clothed and YA to elder can Woohoo or try for baby.
    Adults don’t have the kiss neck on pc that’s solely for teens. That’s always been a teen interaction. Attempt to seduce is also just teens. Unless it came with some update I’m not aware of. Adults have the “sexy pose” interaction which is almost the same as seduce.
    Console and Pc all have the same gameplay interactions, there’s no difference.