Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Buy a Pack With Hotels...

Comments

• Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I don't think it would impossible for them to make working elevators for hotels. I know they didn't bother in city living, but that does not mean they couldn't add them in later. Maybe it's unlikely, but I'm just saying I wouldn't look at that as a barrier, necessarily.
    Grant did say they might update the elevators later in one of the City Living Livestreams.

I genuinely would not hold my breath for that unfortunately...... Itd be nice though.
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I kinda already have hotels tho, The Grey Monarch and the Crowne Resort sit in Windenburg along with a couple of other buildings that serve to complete the skyline. The club function is set for all residents and they can use any of the spaces anytime they like as a vacation or a squatter, plus other clubs (townies) already have their club set to those locations, add in lot switching and I have no use for CL - I made my own bustling downtown. Sure they walk up the stairs, but the lots are built with purpose so they have a reason to go from floor to floor during a stay.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    Yes. I'd definitely buy a pack with hotels.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    To be honest I would be surprised if they did build hotels with shells that cannot be edited. The elevators can be cloned over from CL so it will once again be a few short cuts to try and create an 'illusion' of a busy hotel while the excuse for watering them down will be to cut down on 'lag'

What would be the point of having hotels anyway if the only places you can visit on a resort will only be acessable through a loading screen

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    This wouldn't stop me from buying a vacation pack if the rest of the content interests me. I don't recall I ever built an hotel in TS2 Bon Voyage now that I think about it, and I had fun with it so clearly it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I'd rather have seasons available in the vacation destinations, rather than buildable hotels.
  • Options
    LittlestGamer168LittlestGamer168 Posts: 88 Member
    I'm not sure. I don't really buy packs that much - the only pack I have is vampires. I think it would be better as a GP, as we already have a vacation pack, and I wouldn't pay £30 for something that we got a similar version for £15.
    Why I play the sims is a question with a million answers.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    A huge and fat no from me. I love apartments in TS4 but I can imagine they would be terrible as hotels.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    I kinda already have hotels tho, The Grey Monarch and the Crowne Resort sit in Windenburg along with a couple of other buildings that serve to complete the skyline. The club function is set for all residents and they can use any of the spaces anytime they like as a vacation or a squatter, plus other clubs (townies) already have their club set to those locations, add in lot switching and I have no use for CL - I made my own bustling downtown. Sure they walk up the stairs, but the lots are built with purpose so they have a reason to go from floor to floor during a stay.

I have some make shift motels/hotels, too. However, I would still like to see the venue lot catagory, the desk clerk, the maids/housekeepers, and a way to book reservations etc. Pretend is fine, we have been pretending about stuff since 2000. But I hope they don't go down CL's road and make hotels as restrictive as apartments turned out to be. BTW, I found it's easier to set a motel or hotel as a retail lot, don't mark anything for sale and then NPC employees show up though your Sim may be the only one to use a bed, at least you can have employees there, who will clean etc., Sims who will swim or use the TVs in the rooms etc. and you can sort of pretend they are staying and your Sim can stay there for as long as you like. But for homeless to sleep on a motel lot, it has to be set as a park to make it work that way.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I guess the reason I gave that a no earlier is more that I don't want the area to be so resource heavy that it's not as workable. I'm beginning to like CL quite a bit at this point despite the crazy outfits that happen at festivals especially but the time rebounding while my sims sleep when they live there is disconcerting .. so a lot of my fear about Hotels and as I said earlier Dorms is based on that they would do it the same way as CL. There should be a loading screen between the Hotel and some resource heavy area below it. I don't care if there are semi busy surroundings I just think the festivals in the same area as the played sims home is bordering on or too much for the games engine to handle well. If they do it.. do it so it's workable.. that's all I really want.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Neia wrote: »
    This wouldn't stop me from buying a vacation pack if the rest of the content interests me. I don't recall I ever built an hotel in TS2 Bon Voyage now that I think about it, and I had fun with it so clearly it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I'd rather have seasons available in the vacation destinations, rather than buildable hotels.

I can see how this wouldn't interest those who never play outside the bounds of what was intended, no offense, but I do understand if you never explore what all you can do in a game outside of the box then things like this wouldn't be a deal breaker. ETA: One reason to build hotels in any world in TS2 was for the following (just one of the hundreds of reasons)....in the 'main' world you had a different set of townies who show up on community lots though they can travel to vacation worlds and downtown worlds, they mainly stick to main world. If you built a hotel/motel in the main world then those are the Sims who would check in...it was a way to avoid the Bon Voyage crowd townies. Just one of the hundreds of reasons sandbox players like sandbox.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited August 2017
    @Cinebar
    I think you misunderstood me, it's not that I don't play outside the bounds (I even tweak the game outside of its vanilla state ;)), it's that I never felt particularly tempted to do so in the context of a vacation destination like Bon Voyage's. They were highly thematic and I like to keep things cohesive, I'm also more interested in house building than community lots, so all that made the idea of building hotels less appealing than other things, and I'm a human so I don't have unlimited play time, thus I never ended up doing it. I also don't care at all about townies, which have always been completely secondary for me, so I never cared one bit about townies that lived in my hotels/dorms/apartments.
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited August 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I have some make shift motels/hotels, too. However, I would still like to see the venue lot catagory, the desk clerk, the maids/housekeepers, and a way to book reservations etc. Pretend is fine, we have been pretending about stuff since 2000. But I hope they don't go down CL's road and make hotels as restrictive as apartments turned out to be. BTW, I found it's easier to set a motel or hotel as a retail lot, don't mark anything for sale and then NPC employees show up though your Sim may be the only one to use a bed, at least you can have employees there, who will clean etc., Sims who will swim or use the TVs in the rooms etc. and you can sort of pretend they are staying and your Sim can stay there for as long as you like. But for homeless to sleep on a motel lot, it has to be set as a park to make it work that way.

I like setting mine as a park or gym to begin with, I have The Front Desk at the entry so its usually manned. Retail is the one I dont change the lot to (even tho its available), since I cant seem to switch out while on lot during the stay. The Crowne Resort functions as every lot type, and lot switch I do. At night I set the lot to library so my sims wont be disturbed.

I do have workers, they are in clubs assigned to that building to do things, they show and do stuff like play instruments and socialize for ambiance or even tend bar/DJ/clean/etc (I found that allowing them to repair as a club activity seems to cause a lot of constant breakage). I think Clubs is the most underestimated tool in the game.

So is hotels going to be a thing then? If its anything like CL I will skip it. CL is pretty, but I hate being confined, it feels claustrophobic to me like one hand is tied behind my back as to what I can and cant do. Plus, like Get to Work, it has become repetitive and predictable. I only occasionally have my sims go to the festivals and more often then not the tables are all out of whack and in positions they should not be in, like there will be a table intersecting a stall or each other or some other fool thing. meh.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    @Nectere, I really have no information about hotels just felt like talking about them since we can 'assume' they come back at some point and hoping they get a glimmer of what we don't want if they go the CL route about them. I liked CL, o.k., but when I just like something 'o.k.' that means I'm not going to play in that vein of things very often. I would have liked it better if the apartments could have been built anywhere. NC has a street that would do very well for a high rise or an urban type apartment building (like the one in spice district) of about ten or more apartments in one area.
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    That are built like CL apartments and you can't build anywhere else, or have to use the shells, exactly like apartments, where you can't alter anything but the room? Example: wouldn't be able to build motels, but just alter the rooms inside and not the hallways etc. or outside etc.?

Hotels seem a very nice idea and if a vacation pack is going to be introduced at some point, then I can defenitely see hotels returning. But, if hotels were implemented like in the example you gave, then I would be very disappointed.

Instead I would like to be able to make themed hotels. Changing the outside and the hallways would be very useful in that case. I would also like to be able to run the hotel. Hiring maids and receptionists and dealing with complaining guests. I think hotels should work like restaurants in Dine Out. Sims are able to get their own table there, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to get their own room. Wouldn't that just be like getting access to their own door?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They would never give us hotels the way they gave us apartments in CL. They found out quickly, that we like to build our own venues and not be locked into a unchangeable world mold. A four story hotel would be more than enough for gameplay. And it should be no problem to add elevators that function the way an elevator should so our sims could get into the elevator and ride to each floor. But, if they say "elevators are too difficult to create in this version", fine, I can have stairs, it's only four floors tops anyway. Just give us room doors for picking a room or suite and a desk for checking in and out or ordering room service. I would like these to be useable on any lot, like the bar, so we could have a restaurant in our hotels. Therefore the HOTEL lot venue type would need to allow a restaurant without it being labeled as a restaurant, but a hotel instead.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,097 Member
    Yes...after they give us a beach and swimmable ocean.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    They would never give us hotels the way they gave us apartments in CL. They found out quickly, that we like to build our own venues and not be locked into a unchangeable world mold. A four story hotel would be more than enough for gameplay. And it should be no problem to add elevators that function the way an elevator should so our sims could get into the elevator and ride to each floor. But, if they say "elevators are too difficult to create in this version", fine, I can have stairs, it's only four floors tops anyway. Just give us room doors for picking a room or suite and a desk for checking in and out or ordering room service. I would like these to be useable on any lot, like the bar, so we could have a restaurant in our hotels. Therefore the HOTEL lot venue type would need to allow a restaurant without it being labeled as a restaurant, but a hotel instead.

I would like to be a fly on the wall in their meetings, lol, so I can scream no, no, no. I hope you are right and they aren't just fake shells that we can't alter. You know they will probably return somehow, so I'm getting my gripes in early. :D
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    No thank you. city living apartments was bad enough........
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    I would love to see a expansion pack like the Sims 3 Island Paradise. You had resorts, swimming, beaches, etc. It could be modeled from the Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat layout, where you don't have to load anything once you're there. Would love to beach activities, ocean swimming, fire spinning, and a mermaid cove.

Hotels could be mimicked after the Sims 4 City Living Model, where you choose a room and the rest get grayed out. You would have daily maid service, room service, and a front desk.

Also be neat to see cheap hotels have roaches and easily broken items which then you'd have to call room service, just like calling a landlord in City Living. Expensive hotels would give a positive moodlet and have more amenities, like a swimming pool, gym, and in-ground hot tub.
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    @Cinebar
    I think you misunderstood me, it's not that I don't play outside the bounds (I even tweak the game outside of its vanilla state ;)), it's that I never felt particularly tempted to do so in the context of a vacation destination like Bon Voyage's. They were highly thematic and I like to keep things cohesive, I'm also more interested in house building than community lots, so all that made the idea of building hotels less appealing than other things, and I'm a human so I don't have unlimited play time, thus I never ended up doing it. I also don't care at all about townies, which have always been completely secondary for me, so I never cared one bit about townies that lived in my hotels/dorms/apartments.

I was sort of attached to Benjamin, Goopy, and others in TS2 as townies so I understand it when others don't care at all for townies. I never could stand Marisa what's her face, lol, she always showed up and caused problems, lol. Goopy always made a great manager in my stores, so I guess to each their own.
  • Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    I would rather have streetside Motels we could build our selves or streetside ones created by the creators. Of course if we had both that would be fine. :smiley:
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I don't know if it would be a dealbreaker, but when I think of hotels in the sims, I imagine it being more like a venue than an apartment lot. I guess the hard part is, how would you transition from it being like a venue to being separate rooms, so that your sim can sleep and such, in the fastest game speed, and still have the room match the rest of the hotel's design (especially on the outside)? That I don't know. Maybe don't instance the rooms and instead have some kind of global command that sends the patrons of the hotel to sleep or something.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    If it is holidays that we are talking about here I would much rather they take a note from us Europeans and make places like Marbs or Ibiza or Zante. Maybe the people who work at |EA should sit down and watch Coach Trip?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I liked the hotel setup in S2 BV. You had a decent sized hotel with a lobby desk that controlled the checking in, checking out and room service. You could claim more than one room if you had a big household. Some hotels were all in one building and other had bungalow rooms that were off by themselves. You could get a massage, eat in the restaurant or soak in the hot springs or try to catch the disappearing ninja to learn his secrets. Plus, you could go on adventures or explore and try to find the secret lot and the hidden treasures it held.

I didn't like S3 because I hated the big "Tower" that had to be a part of every hotel. All the extras your sim experienced in S2 turned into a rabbit hole in S3. Not very realistic.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I liked the hotel setup in S2 BV. You had a decent sized hotel with a lobby desk that controlled the checking in, checking out and room service. You could claim more than one room if you had a big household. Some hotels were all in one building and other had bungalow rooms that were off by themselves. You could get a massage, eat in the restaurant or soak in the hot springs or try to catch the disappearing ninja to learn his secrets. Plus, you could go on adventures or explore and try to find the secret lot and the hidden treasures it held.

I didn't like S3 because I hated the big "Tower" that had to be a part of every hotel. All the extras your sim experienced in S2 turned into a rabbit hole in S3. Not very realistic.

Yep, we had more freedom of where to build and what to build on hotel lots in TS2, best game ever. :p