Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Fringe

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Karilan wrote: »
    @MadameLee Sorry to hear that you're leaving! I really hope that you don't get banned, but I've seen some odd activity on the forums lately regarding bots and banning and it really rubs me the wrong way. :(

@CathyTea Thanks for your kind words! I hadn't thought about setting minimum goals for myself. I tend to make rather broad goals, often without deadlines, which ends up being a weird balance of not enough pressure to get it done, and a lot of disappointment for making no progress.

I'm going to try applying this to some of my ideas!

One thing I've felt tremendously guilty about is not keeping up with other people's stories. Although I haven't made my promises, and I really hope no one feels I've lied when I say their story is interesting to me, but I don't get around to reading as often as I'd like. I am disappointed with myself that I've had stories on my reading list for over 2 months that I haven't found time to start on.

I might try setting a small, minimum goal like 3 chapters a day or something to get me started on making visible progress on my reading list!

Hi @Karilan I sometimes have that problem too, not being able to catch up with everyone's stories, even though I really enjoy them. I actually have a lot of reading I have to do in real life, which makes it difficult to catch up with simLit and legacies. Setting up small goals is a great idea. Another thing I like to do, is rotate around stories I read. So at one point I am reading a part of one person's story, then I rotate to the next, and eventually come round to the story I've started with. There, I've dipped into a lot of people's stories, giving me an idea what everyone's up to. (Hope I'm making sense. It's been a long day. :D ).

@MadameLee, sorry you're leaving. Will miss having you on the forums, although I totally understand why you're going. :(

I will be back in a couple of days.. it's just I'm getting a bit tired of staff on this site for Reasons @friendsfan367 closing my threads

just curious why did you tag me?

it happens but you explained why I was leaving for a little while earlier to the other person (who happened to joined my forum)

is that good or bad?

good
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @MadameLee Sorry to hear that you're leaving! I really hope that you don't get banned, but I've seen some odd activity on the forums lately regarding bots and banning and it really rubs me the wrong way. :(

@CathyTea Thanks for your kind words! I hadn't thought about setting minimum goals for myself. I tend to make rather broad goals, often without deadlines, which ends up being a weird balance of not enough pressure to get it done, and a lot of disappointment for making no progress.

I'm going to try applying this to some of my ideas!

One thing I've felt tremendously guilty about is not keeping up with other people's stories. Although I haven't made my promises, and I really hope no one feels I've lied when I say their story is interesting to me, but I don't get around to reading as often as I'd like. I am disappointed with myself that I've had stories on my reading list for over 2 months that I haven't found time to start on.

I might try setting a small, minimum goal like 3 chapters a day or something to get me started on making visible progress on my reading list!

Hi @Karilan I sometimes have that problem too, not being able to catch up with everyone's stories, even though I really enjoy them. I actually have a lot of reading I have to do in real life, which makes it difficult to catch up with simLit and legacies. Setting up small goals is a great idea. Another thing I like to do, is rotate around stories I read. So at one point I am reading a part of one person's story, then I rotate to the next, and eventually come round to the story I've started with. There, I've dipped into a lot of people's stories, giving me an idea what everyone's up to. (Hope I'm making sense. It's been a long day. :D ).

@MadameLee, sorry you're leaving. Will miss having you on the forums, although I totally understand why you're going. :(

I will be back in a couple of days.. it's just I'm getting a bit tired of staff on this site for Reasons @friendsfan367 closing my threads

just curious why did you tag me?

it happens but you explained why I was leaving for a little while earlier to the other person (who happened to joined my forum)

is that good or bad?

good

yeah i guessed right . when i try and help with your story i usual get confused where you want it to go.
  • Options
    My dad is the silliest person ever..but I guess it because he never ridden (bus)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    How is everyone??
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    How is everyone??

Hi @MadameLee I'm good. Doing the cleaning. Annoyed with the sims gallery, because I'm currently having trouble connecting to it, and I made two really awesome prisoners for you and I can't share them. :( But oh well, I'll try again tonight. How are you?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    How is everyone??

Hi @MadameLee I'm good. Doing the cleaning. Annoyed with the sims gallery, because I'm currently having trouble connecting to it, and I made two really awesome prisoners for you and I can't share them. :( But oh well, I'll try again tonight. How are you?

A little disappoint Mom wouldn't let me borrow her bundy buggy (and in case you don't know what a bundle buggy is
    pACE3-10633394enh-z8.jpg
    ) for tomorrow. But I'm also excited for tomorrow as well!! Want to know why???
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    How is everyone??

A little disappoint Mom wouldn't let me borrow her bundy buggy (and in case you don't know what a bundle buggy is
    pACE3-10633394enh-z8.jpg

Aww, mums can be pains sometimes. My mum's got me cleaning my brother's bedroom, while he's away on holiday because our cousins are arriving next week and I can tell you, his room is a mess. XD Ooh what's happening tomorrow? :)
  • Options
    How is everyone??

pACE3-10633394enh-z8.jpg

Aww, mums can be pains sometimes. My mum's got me cleaning my brother's bedroom, while he's away on holiday because our cousins are arriving next week and I can tell you, his room is a mess. XD Ooh what's happening tomorrow? :)

@simscognito My day-program is going to a mall!!! Which means I can do some shopping (Christmas or otherwise) going to go to Laura Secord's, Coles (a bookstore),Look at both the Bath&Body works and the Body shop, Dollaramara. But mainly I'm excited since it means I can buy lunch!! I don't get to do that a lot. And there's a lot of choices for (fast) food:
    I'm going to try everything (but the sushi place-according to Mom not a lot of options which doesn't have avacodo) once
    and then I will repeat the stuff:
    A&W
    Bawarchi Kebab NEW
    Bourbon St. Grill
    Edo Japan-tried this (twice)
    Jimmy The Greek
    KFC
    Manchu Wok-tried this (once-and I dropped my tray but then again it WAS my first time dealing with a tray)
    New York Fries
    Subway
    Taco Bell
    Thai Express-tried this
    Tim Hortons
    Umi Sushi Express
    Vanellis< thinking of eating something from here tomorrow
    Villa Madina

and i might get some IC either a blizzard from Dairy Queen or a cup of something from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    How is everyone??

pACE3-10633394enh-z8.jpg

@simscognito My day-program is going to a mall!!! Which means I can do some shopping (Christmas or otherwise) going to go to Laura Secord's, Coles (a bookstore),Look at both the Bath&Body works and the Body shop, Dollaramara. But mainly I'm excited since it means I can buy lunch!! I don't get to do that a lot. And there's a lot of choices for (fast) food:
    I'm going to try everything (but the sushi place-according to Mom not a lot of options which doesn't have avacodo) once
    A&W
    Bawarchi Kebab NEW
    Bourbon St. Grill
    Jimmy The Greek
    KFC
    Manchu Wok-tried this (once-and I dropped my tray but then again it WAS my first time dealing with a tray)
    New York Fries
    Subway
    Taco Bell
    Thai Express-tried this
    Tim Hortons
    Umi Sushi Express
    Villa Madina

and i might get some IC either a blizzard from Dairy Queen or a cup of something from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory

That's great @MadameLee . I did some Christmas shopping yesterday and had lunch out too, although it was tainted by clothes shopping afterwards, because I hate trying on clothes - sooo boring, but it has to be done! :p

Wow, it's like your on one of those food road shows, where you go around all the food places, trying out the different kinds of foods (I know I used the food word three times in one sentence - must be hungry. :wink: Sounds like an exciting day, I'm rather jealous. XD
  • Options
    How is everyone??

pACE3-10633394enh-z8.jpg

A&W
    Bawarchi Kebab NEW
    Bourbon St. Grill
    Jimmy The Greek
    KFC
    New York Fries
    Subway
    Taco Bell
    Thai Express-tried this
    Tim Hortons
    Umi Sushi Express
    Villa Madina

That's great @MadameLee . I did some Christmas shopping yesterday and had lunch out too, although it was tainted by clothes shopping afterwards, because I hate trying on clothes - sooo boring, but it has to be done! :p

Wow, it's like your on one of those food road shows, where you go around all the food places, trying out the different kinds of foods (I know I used the food word three times in one sentence - must be hungry. :wink: Sounds like an exciting day, I'm rather jealous. XD

i got all mine done on black friday . then kar was mean and made me remember i forgot Brian.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    How is everyone??

pACE3-10633394enh-z8.jpg

A&W
    Bawarchi Kebab NEW
    Bourbon St. Grill
    Jimmy The Greek
    KFC
    New York Fries
    Subway
    Taco Bell
    Thai Express-tried this
    Tim Hortons
    Umi Sushi Express
    Villa Madina

i got all mine done on black friday . then kar was mean and made me remember i forgot Brian.

Ah! Did you find something for Brian yet?
    I'm actually not done yet either. I still need stuff for my fiance's parents.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    We are rebels and we don't shop! I will send out Christmas cards to family and a few friends. And I think we're doing secret Santa at the office... and we might buy some music to share (we're thinking of a Beethoven piano sonata box set! :) ), but that's about it...

Although, I'll probably buy tons of great food for a feast... and we sort of already bought holiday StarWars PJs... and I bought a ton of plants and seeds at the nursery for the winter garden... and we'll get our car a Christmas oil change....

OK. We shop... It's just we do it our style, and so it's not stressful because it's not obligatory. We hacked Christmas shopping! :D
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    How is everyone??

pACE3-10633394enh-z8.jpg

A&W
    Bawarchi Kebab NEW
    Bourbon St. Grill
    Jimmy The Greek
    KFC
    New York Fries
    Subway
    Taco Bell
    Thai Express-tried this
    Tim Hortons
    Umi Sushi Express
    Villa Madina

Ah! Did you find something for Brian yet?
    I'm actually not done yet either. I still need stuff for my fiance's parents.

no . i miss the days when i could lie and say i'm broke.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    We are rebels and we don't shop! I will send out Christmas cards to family and a few friends. And I think we're doing secret Santa at the office... and we might buy some music to share (we're thinking of a Beethoven piano sonata box set! :) ), but that's about it...

Although, I'll probably buy tons of great food for a feast... and we sort of already bought holiday StarWars PJs... and I bought a ton of plants and seeds at the nursery for the winter garden... and we'll get our car a Christmas oil change....

OK. We shop... It's just we do it our style, and so it's not stressful because it's not obligatory. We hacked Christmas shopping! :D

I like that! We only buy for very close family and friends.

@friendsfan367 As a single income household and a known crafty couple, everyone expects hand made gifts from us. It's so much fun to sit down and think about someone while you make something for them though! Even if I had pots of money I'd probably hand make gifts instead.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

I think this is the first year we've managed to post our presents on time. *Does a little dance*
  • Options
    How is everyone??

pACE3-10633394enh-z8.jpg

A&W
    Bawarchi Kebab NEW
    Bourbon St. Grill
    Jimmy The Greek
    KFC
    New York Fries
    Subway
    Taco Bell
    Thai Express-tried this
    Tim Hortons
    Umi Sushi Express
    Villa Madina

@simscognito this will be my 2nd Christmas I can actually buy presents for my family instead of either of my parents just handing me the card and telling me (you giving other parent/sister X/Y for Christmas)!! Oh I should see about me buying some Christmas cards. Mom's going to be meeting me there at 3pm to go home together since she's at work nearby.

I sometimes think of telling my friend (I'm calling him that because it's easier to say then former class/schoolmate) Paul that if he wants too his children could call me an Aunt (name) except for the fact I think they have many aunts-one being Paul's sister, and I guess Paul's sister(s)-in-laws.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    How is everyone??

pACE3-10633394enh-z8.jpg

A&W
    Bawarchi Kebab NEW
    Bourbon St. Grill
    Jimmy The Greek
    KFC
    New York Fries
    Subway
    Taco Bell
    Thai Express-tried this
    Tim Hortons
    Umi Sushi Express
    Villa Madina

@simscognito this will be my 2nd Christmas I can actually buy presents for my family instead of either of my parents just handing me the card and telling me (you giving other parent/sister X/Y for Christmas)!! Oh I should see about me buying some Christmas cards. Mom's going to be meeting me there at 3pm to go home together since she's at work nearby.

I sometimes think of telling my friend (I'm calling him that because it's easier to say then former class/schoolmate) Paul that if he wants too his children could call me an Aunt (name) except for the fact I think they have many aunts-one being Paul's sister, and I guess Paul's sister(s)-in-laws.

@MadameLee my parents used to do that. It's particularly annoying when you have a different idea on what to buy 'said person.' Ahh christmas cards can be tricksy to buy, because there can be so many bad ones! Well, at least where I live there are. :D I hope you find some decent ones. I always find the charity christmas card sets are decent quality, and the money's generally going to good causes.
  • Options
    How is everyone??

pACE3-10633394enh-z8.jpg

A&W
    Bawarchi Kebab NEW
    Bourbon St. Grill
    Jimmy The Greek
    KFC
    New York Fries
    Subway
    Taco Bell
    Thai Express-tried this
    Tim Hortons
    Umi Sushi Express
    Villa Madina

@MadameLee my parents used to do that. It's particularly annoying when you have a different idea on what to buy 'said person.' Ahh christmas cards can be tricksy to buy, because there can be so many bad ones! Well, at least where I live there are. :D I hope you find some decent ones. I always find the charity christmas card sets are decent quality, and the money's generally going to good causes.

I had Italian food-Spaghetti with meatballs and Caesar Salad and a fountain drink of Pepsi. I also got complimentary garlic bread.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    @MadameLee That sounds delicious - and now I'm craving garlic bread.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    @MadameLee That sounds delicious - and now I'm craving garlic bread.

@PurplishSimEater I don't think Dad will be so thrilled once I get to the "fast" Fast food places (ie KFC/Taco Bell's) once I get there after I tried the "cultural" fast foods
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee Well, you can't please everyone 100% of the time.
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options

her parents are less strict than they used to be. now shes getting make some choices on her own like wgen to buy sim packs and what to eat when her day program goes on trips. before it had to be strictly healthy.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 Hooray for baby steps, then. (I didn't have that background context)
  • Options

her parents are less strict than they used to be. now shes getting make some choices on her own like wgen to buy sim packs and what to eat when her day program goes on trips. before it had to be strictly healthy.

Well not strictly healthy Dad would prefer I just buy food which is "$5" for lunch but nothing IS $5 and this is someone who spends at least $30-$40 of food at Jack Astor's every week. and what did you mean by wgen?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

her parents are less strict than they used to be. now shes getting make some choices on her own like when to buy sim packs and what to eat when her day program goes on trips. before it had to be strictly healthy.

Well not strictly healthy Dad would prefer I just buy food which is "$5" for lunch but nothing IS $5 and this is someone who spends at least $30-$40 of food at Jack Astor's every week. and what did you mean by wgen?

typo. it was supposed to say when.