Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be buying The Sims 4 on console?

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No. I have it on pc so I don't see the point in getting it on the ps4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Nope. I don't like playing on consoles that much, I prefer playing on PC, so I have no interest to buy it.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I can't wait for gamescom announcement, I hope they show images of the sims 4 console version and announce pets or something big!

Im kind of gutted nothing was shown, I dont understand the secrecy regarding it. It comes out in 3 months.
  • Options
    antonio26298antonio26298 Posts: 32 Member
    [quote="Simsfan99111;c-15972322"][quote="antonio26298;c-15971406"]I can't wait for gamescom announcement, I hope they show images of the sims 4 console version and announce pets or something big![/quote]

Im kind of gutted nothing was shown, I dont understand the secrecy regarding it. It comes out in 3 months. [/quote]

Well, tomorrow people can try the game so... I hope that somebody post experiences
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    No because I doubt consoles will have the same kind of mod support. I hope, though, that they bring xbox controller support to the PC.
  • Options
    PeachynesssPeachynesss Posts: 57 Member
    I really like the idea of playing the Sims on my ps4, I know I always loved playing it on Gamecube. However, I'm not so sure because it literally looks like the PC version, without the expansions. It seems like that would be sort of a downgrade.. I was really hoping for a story mode or something. I guess I'll see until we have more info about it.
    319a2d108b51035bcdd43edc37866094.gif

Origin ID: Peachynesss
  • Options
    _Kiss_Kiss Posts: 18 Member
    Meh, probably not. I'm perfectly happy with sims 4 on PC.
  • Options
    MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    Yep. I don't have a great PC, and more importantly, no $ to improve on or buy a new PC.
    HOWEVER!
    $40-60 for a copy of this is well within what I can afford.
  • Options
    I hope we get all of the pc content though not just one or 2 pieces.
  • Options
    KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    edited September 2017
    No I don't think so after thinking about it I think I will just stick with pc
  • Options
    Ross4Boss90Ross4Boss90 Posts: 4 New Member
    Absolutely
  • Options
    So is there like no way to create a discussion on mobile??
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    @Ross4Boss90 Still your a member you can't create a discussion on this forum.
  • Options
    I'm using the S8. I'm on the tapped out forum as well and I don't have a issue there. But when I tap the pencil here there is only a white trim at the bottom of the screen. The create a discussion form does not fully open and show.
  • Options
    [quote="Ross4Boss90;c-16055860"]I'm using the S8. I'm on the tapped out forum as well and I don't have a issue there. But when I tap the pencil here there is only a white trim at the bottom of the screen. The create a discussion form does not fully open and show.[/quote]

@james64468
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I thought about it, was going to, then found out there won't be a gallery and decided that I won't unless I come across a cheap as heck copy. I love the gallery for sims 4 and would struggle playing without it. Not having all the restaurants and public lots that people make would seriously effect my gameplay. There's also the fact that I have zero interest in re purchasing all the dlc when I already own it for pc. I think that alone will make a lot of potential purchasers back away. This game is very expensive, it would make more sense to purchase the base game and transfer over your dlc. I get why they wouldn't, but then again think about all the people who they could make a profit on by just having them buy the base game again. It makes me think of grand theft auto online transferring to new gen consoles. They persuaded us to make the switch and keep everything we have. Most of us did just that, it's definitely something to think about for the future if sales flunk imho.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes. I already have it preordered. Should be getting the SP that has hottubs as well since I preordered. This however won't stop me from buying future packs for the pc version.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Well it's an exact replica of the pc version. My argument to this is if you want to play it on an HD Televison with a Large Screen. Console will automatically come with ultra graphic settings from the start for people who can't play them on pc.
  • Options
    So is there like no way to create a discussion on mobile??

Make sure you're logged in on the mobile version.
  • Options
    SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member
    Be a nice stocking stuffer for peeps with xbox.
  • Options
    Im buying the Dlc bundle too!
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Well it's an exact replica of the pc version. My argument to this is if you want to play it on an HD Televison with a Large Screen. Console will automatically come with ultra graphic settings from the start for people who can't play them on pc.

For me I dont own a laptop and a decent gaming one is super exensive. Having the game on console means if i go away for work i can take it with me in my bag so i have something to do.
  • Options
    RazerRonnieRazerRonnie Posts: 2 New Member
    I See No point of Buying it on either Xbox or PS4 if you already own PC Version. It's like a major step back. It's basically the same Version as you have now where you have to sit at your home to play it except this time it has no MODS and If they still use the same Click to action button the control will be difficult IMO. But if you don't own PC Version you should get it because The Sims 4 is a fun game. For Me if TS4 come to Switch, I will buy it considering that it's portable and seems like a perfect platform for Sims.
  • Options
    KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hopefully, they will add more to it than they did with the previous iterations. I did enjoy the others, but The Sims 3 on console was not as fun as the PC version (IMO).
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I don't have a New Console. I have my old Game Cube. :lol: lmao