Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be buying The Sims 4 on console?

Comments

• Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
    I officially preordered my copy for xbox one :#:#:# . Just three more weeks!
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Jinx23 wrote: »
    I officially preordered my copy for xbox one :#:#:# . Just three more weeks!

Exciting! Cant wait! Im so hyped!
  • AdamSimAdamSim Posts: 8 New Member
    I’ve preordered mine for PS4. Got the digital deluxe edition :) Looking forward to it!
  • MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    Still waiting for Amazon to make physical copies available again. I feel like they got pulled so they could make a bit more money on digital purchases. :*
  • JosephsBabyDollJosephsBabyDoll Posts: 14 New Member
    Will I buy for console? Nope.
    Why? I've tried playing the sims on console before...hated it. (TS3 on the Wii)
    Will I buy for console? Nope.
    Why? I've tried playing the sims on console before...hated it. (TS3 on the Wii)

Even though this is the same version as the pc?
  • Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    I just Pre-ordered the Deluxe Party Edition. Has anybody got the Pre-order theme for PS4 yet?
    Grease is the word!
    edited November 2017
    I just Pre-ordered the Deluxe Party Edition. Has anybody got the Pre-order theme for PS4 yet?

Aparently some do, ive seen a few people on the PlayStation community sims 4 group post screenshots of it. One guy from the usa sais that you only get to download pre order themes straight away on purchase if you live in the states, other countries have to wait until launch. Not sure how true that is though. Best to check themes under settings on your playstation 4. It downloads automatically when it becomes available so if you have it it will be there. I pre ordered the deluxe party edition from the playstation store a couple of weeks ago and the theme hasnt unlocked for me yet but it could be because i live in the UK.
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    I stopped playing consoles past the PS3. It's only PC and handhelds for me now. Sims has always been best on PC anyway.
  • Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    Just got the theme last night. Not bad.
    Grease is the word!
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    No because I have not and will not buy a Xbox 1 or PS4, I'm still stuck in the past I have the older consoles lol.
  • fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    I'm a huge sims fan, been playing it since sims 1.

I'm not a fan of playing sims on the console, i had played it on ps3 omg i hated it soooo much,

i pre-ordered it on Xbox one cause my computers are old, and dont have an extra $1000 or $2000 to invest in new computer, i love playing sims 3 on the pc.

So i'm hoping Sims 4 on the xbox is same gameplay as the pc version. And looking forward to the new pre-order bonus stuff. i went to my Ebgames/Gamestop and pre-ordered there.
    I'm a huge sims fan, been playing it since sims 1.

I'm not a fan of playing sims on the console, i had played it on ps3 omg i hated it soooo much,

i pre-ordered it on Xbox one cause my computers are old, and dont have an extra $1000 or $2000 to invest in new computer, i love playing sims 3 on the pc.

So i'm hoping Sims 4 on the xbox is same gameplay as the pc version. And looking forward to the new pre-order bonus stuff. i went to my Ebgames/Gamestop and pre-ordered there.

The game is exactly the same as the pc version which is cool.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I remember when The Sims 4 was announced, that a lot of people wanted a console version because they preferred playing with a Controller, plus it's easier for those who don't have powerful PC's.

Will you be buying a console variant or stick with the PC? I know some people can't play until they get a console release, but just curious if anyone would actually switch.

It seems 50/50 on Twitter.

For me, I would consider it because I love waking up in Bed and playing Sims in bed :p

Nope, I will not be buying it even though I have a ps4. The only reason I have an origin account is to share the game on multiple devices. I am not re-buying it just for console. Besides, the no gallery feature and no cc or mods capability killed it for being a desired way to play.
  • LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes i will buy it for Xbox One. My computer cant handle The Sims 4 anymore so its the only chance i got to play again. (Refuse to spend $1000+ on a computer i'll only use for 1-2 games). Im buying the standard edition first. If i like it, i'll buy the packs. If i don't then well at least i have something to play the sims 4 on.
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
  • LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    LauraMSim wrote: »
    Yes i will buy it for Xbox One. My computer cant handle The Sims 4 anymore so its the only chance i got to play again. (Refuse to spend $1000+ on a computer i'll only use for 1-2 games). Im buying the standard edition first. If i like it, i'll buy the packs. If i don't then well at least i have something to play the sims 4 on.

Im just hoping if i like it all the other packs (want Cats&Dogs so bad) will be added soon.
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
    My friends been trying to buy the physical copy from amazon and apparently they are still not accepting pre orders. Usually that means they have sold out!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    My friends been trying to buy the physical copy from amazon and apparently they are still not accepting pre orders. Usually that means they have sold out!

Are you Sure? My cousin pre ordered yesterday from there.

Are you Sure? My cousin pre ordered yesterday from there.

Its ok now i think but you havnt been able to for a few weeks.
    I've been waiting 30+ days, it has said Unavailable for physical copies this entire time. Amazon got back to me and said EA is responsible for availability, and they haven't withdrawn it from the store.
    I'm kinda convinced they are trying to get the extra $10+T from Digital sales (if you have Prime, it's $48-49 or something). Just can't shake that thought. :(

Atleast make some available the week of please.
    MrStrange wrote: »
    I've been waiting 30+ days, it has said Unavailable for physical copies this entire time. Amazon got back to me and said EA is responsible for availability, and they haven't withdrawn it from the store.
    I'm kinda convinced they are trying to get the extra $10+T from Digital sales (if you have Prime, it's $48-49 or something). Just can't shake that thought. :(

Atleast make some available the week of please.

Wow is the physical version still not available? Im suprised at that! Mind you its only become available again here on amazon uk in the last week.
  • iiTzJayxDiiTzJayxD Posts: 9 New Member
    I’ve just been able to pre order from amazon after its unavailability all month!
  • FEDEXsfan11FEDEXsfan11 Posts: 22 Member
    i get both Xbox one & ps4 down the road :p
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > MrStrange wrote: »
    >
    > I've been waiting 30+ days, it has said Unavailable for physical copies this entire time. Amazon got back to me and said EA is responsible for availability, and they haven't withdrawn it from the store.
    > I'm kinda convinced they are trying to get the extra $10+T from Digital sales (if you have Prime, it's $48-49 or something). Just can't shake that thought. :(
    >
    > Atleast make some available the week of please.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wow is the physical version still not available? Im suprised at that! Mind you its only become available again here on amazon uk in the last week.

They must've heard me. It's available for preorder today. <_<
    Which I just did. :wink:
  • fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    Are you all getting the phyiscal copy or digital download? Any huge difference between the 2? As i noticed its cheaper to buy the game from Ebgames/Gamestop $69.99 (deluxe) then the Xbox Store as it selling for $70 plus tax so about $80 for me