Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA lack of creativity?

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    The sims 3 store was outsourced by EA. It wasn't created by the sims team, if I recall correctly. That may be why it feels like a hindrance since part of the team is basically doing it this time around.

EAs way of saving money, I guess.
    EP's were made by different studios as well, but that doesn't really interest me as a player. It's all part of EA and part of the franchise. I don't think the team all of a sudden has become less creative, I think they don't have as much room to create anymore in comparison to a few years ago. I think that's one of the reasons they let us vote, hoping that what they create at least will appeal to a lot of players. I just don't think it works that way but that's me ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2017
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Karallyne wrote: »
    If they want jobs where they get to lie around on their backs there's a few good street corners I could point them toward.
    Frankly I hope everybody who worked on TS4 find that such a job is their only option. They deserve a good black-listing from the industry.
    What a necessary, and mature comment!

I know that was meant to be sarcasm but I'm going to take it as a compliment anyway and say thank you :) I agree

You're just saying what many of us are thinking. I try to use my "inside voice," but it's refreshing when I see others not self-constrained. I'd like to think they've learned from ts4 and its shallow, meh, minimal effort/maximum profit mentality won't be repeated in ts5... but I am a too optimistic Pollyanna.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Diverse themes to use

Culturally inspired stuff packs and historical stuff packs from different time eras would really make me happy for my story telling and builds.

Maybe some, pool stuff, arcade things, a fairytale/magic theme, playground stuff, a pack that has small telescopes forget a unique theme that alone is all a pack would need in my books.

Otherwise that is all that is coming to mind right now, mind you the cultural and historical themes have a gold mine of different themes to choose from.
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I agree, they waste time on giving us pointless stuff packs that add nothing to the game. Yet as simmers as and want this stuff instead actually gameplay.
    What is so useless about stuff for kids and toddlers?Let me explain my self because I feel like toddlers and kids have gotten nothing in this game so of course I am all for packs that are for them because I am a family player and I like to have them at least have something to do and toddlers really haven't gotten anything since they got released. Parenthood is based on family play to.

I didn't mention stuff for kids and toddlers, I'm talking about stuff packs like laundry or garden stuff. These things could have simply been added within the base game or an expansion pack instead of having its own individual pack. Things that really don't change game play not significantly.

I disagree that the items in stuff packs are useless. I always build and furnish my own homes and I like getting new stuff to use in my homes. I enjoy the different styles we get. Like modern in fitness stuff and the romantic items with the garden stuff, all of it helps to beautify my sims living environment, which is important to me @BrittanyChick22
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The lack of creativity from the devs is one thing that puts me off while the lack of creativity tools is something else!

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I agree, they waste time on giving us pointless stuff packs that add nothing to the game. Yet as simmers as and want this stuff instead actually gameplay.
    What is so useless about stuff for kids and toddlers?Let me explain my self because I feel like toddlers and kids have gotten nothing in this game so of course I am all for packs that are for them because I am a family player and I like to have them at least have something to do and toddlers really haven't gotten anything since they got released. Parenthood is based on family play to.

I didn't mention stuff for kids and toddlers, I'm talking about stuff packs like laundry or garden stuff. These things could have simply been added within the base game or an expansion pack instead of having its own individual pack. Things that really don't change game play not significantly.

I disagree that the items in stuff packs are useless. I always build and furnish my own homes and I like getting new stuff to use in my homes. I enjoy the different styles we get. Like modern in fitness stuff and the romantic items with the garden stuff, all of it helps to beautify my sims living environment, which is important to me @BrittanyChick22

When beautifying becomes more important than game play, then we have a problem. I like beautifying and decorating too but there needs to be more than that in this game, i just feel like thats all we are getting with the sims 4 cause its stuff pack after stuff pack.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    @kaywilliams Same here. I use a lot of the bb objects to furnish my homes and community lots. I also use every single gameplay object that came with the packs. I have ten out of eleven (not getting spooky). I love SPs because they replace the TS3 store and I owned most of the stuff from the store including all the worlds except DV, LL, and BB. Most of my Sims have the ice cream maker and popcorn maker in their homes. I have the treadmill wall set up at the gym, and I often see my Sims using it or I send them there to use it, I use the LP stuff when I am throwing parties, my Sims like to go bowling, etc. When my Sims watch movies from Movie Hangout, I sit there and watch with them :D My point is that I use all the gameplay object items from SPs including some of the CAS items.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

When beautifying becomes more important than game play, then we have a problem. I like beautifying and decorating too but there needs to be more than that in this game, i just feel like thats all we are getting with the sims 4 cause its stuff pack after stuff pack.

Ok. But stuff packs come with gameplay objects also. And give us more options. There isnt a problem.We all just have different stuff that is important to us. Some players dont play in live mode at all and focus fully on build mode. There is no right or wrong way to play sims.

As for me, I like having more BB objects. It's not just decor items either.There are new objects for sims to interact with. The birdfeeder and the waterslide came with stuff packs. Those are nice touches :*

@lasummerb yeah, i definitely agree. there some of nice additions included in many of the stuff packs <3
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I can see now a lot of people like the way how TS4 is developed. I'm shocked to see how EA has succeeded to make The Sims comunity be so happy with a game so empty and so shallow...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member

Ok. But stuff packs come with gameplay objects also. And give us more options. There isnt a problem.We all just have different stuff that is important to us. Some players dont play in live mode at all and focus fully on build mode. There is no right or wrong way to play sims.

As for me, I like having more BB objects. It's not just decor items either.There are new objects for sims to interact with. The birdfeeder and the waterslide came with stuff packs. Those are nice touches :*

I know but why are Game play objects coming in stuff packs and not expansion packs? They would be giving us more options if they just did it that way but they put the gameplay objects in stuff packs now cause they know thats what we want. That's just their way of getting us to buy the stuff pack.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    I can see now a lot of people like the way how TS4 is developed. I'm shocked to see how EA has succeeded to make The Sims comunity be so happy with a game so empty and so shallow...

Interesting take on things. Those people are happy because they dont find the game shallow or totally empty. Everyone likes different things. Thats not to say that we dont want more stuff, but we dont have to dislike Sims 4 , in order to want more of of the game.

• Options
    edited July 2017

@Jordan061102 I feel you. I didn't get TS4 until last November during the black Friday sale. I only paid $98 for the BG, all EPs and 2 GPs. Now I have all the packs except vamps and spooky. I was tuned off in a major way because TS4 didn't have toddlers. Even after they came, the game still felt a little "empty" to me. But I'm a storyteller and as I have acquired more content and started exploring the features of different packs, as well as filling up SM with my own Sims, I have started to feel as if TS4 isn't as shallow as it was when I first got it. Do I play for 8 hours like I could with TS3? No, but I'm thankful it can hold my attention for 2-3 hours now. TS3 is still my fave.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »

@Jordan061102 I feel you. I didn't get TS4 until last November during the black Friday sale. I only paid $98 for the BG, all EPs and 2 GPs. Now I have all the packs except vamps and spooky. I was tuned off in a major way because TS4 didn't have toddlers. Even after they came, the game still felt a little "empty" to me. But I'm a storyteller and as I have acquired more content and started exploring the features of different packs, as well as filling up SM with my own Sims, I have started to feel as if TS4 isn't as shallow as it was when I first got it. Do I play for 8 hours like I could with TS3? No, but I'm thankful it can hold my attention for 2-3 hours now. TS3 is still my fave.

Yes but for me TS4 is make for the people who loves tell stories...Not for the gameplay players.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options

Yes but for me TS4 is make for the people who loves tell stories...Not for the gameplay players.

So, you speak for all people who like and enjoy this game? I dont tell stories at all. But I enjoy this game more than I did sims 3 and havent really enjoyed a sims game so much since sims 2 . Just because other plays have different preferences than you, doesnt make them less of a player.
  • Options

I know but why are Game play objects coming in stuff packs and not expansion packs? They would be giving us more options if they just did it that way but they put the gameplay objects in stuff packs now cause they know thats what we want. That's just their way of getting us to buy the stuff pack.

Wheres your text/response? I see you quoted me....
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited July 2017
    I can tell some pretty good stories with my laptop and MS Word. If I want a storytelling experience like ts4 gives me, I'd start collecting American Girl dolls, furniture/accessories, and dollhouses. I guess that is their targeted audience now. It is different than their audience for ts3 and ts2... that was made abundantly clear in their defunct and quickly closed "ask a guru" thread from a couple years back.
  • Options

So, you speak for all people who like and enjoy this game? I dont tell stories at all. But I enjoy this game more than I did sims 3 and havent really enjoyed a sims game so much since sims 2 . Just because other plays have different preferences than you, doesnt make them less of a player.
    I'm curious, what do you do then if you don't tell stories?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

I guess for me TS3 had both, the storytelling aspect and gameplay, more than TS4. With TS4, my Sims have backstories and I tend to use my imagination more because it lacks some of the core features that I miss from earlier versions like TS2 and TS3.

• Options
    edited July 2017

Wheres your text/response? I see you quoted me....
    This part was their response:

Something went wrong with the quotation markers.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

@kaywilliams I took that part of her comment to possibly mean there are less things to do in TS4?

I simply take TS4 for what it is right now and adapt the game to my own playing style.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Are you telling me to "sit down"? I am sitting and I will still share my opinion. You dont want different opinions, you probably shouldn't be part of a public discussion. I wasnt rude to you. But you get rude with me, for disagreeing with your opinion @BrittanyChick22
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I'm curious, what do you do then if you don't tell stories?

This is a weird question. He said that people who play sims 4 arent real gameplayers. We're are into gameplay. I dont play this game for storytelling.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2017
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Is anyone sensing a lack of diverse packs and creativity in making packs? For example, in 2 years we got: Backyard stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff and Patio stuff. Are any of these memorable!? Couldn't they stuff them into one?
    Or for example: Parenting GP, Kids Stuff and the new toddler stuff that's coming this summer. I mean come on!

My issue is with how much time is wasted, entire chunks of the year on similar forgettable content that should have been included in one common theme or made room for more diverse packs! As a reminder, this is the team who thought apartments shouldn't be built by the player, no time for elevators, no time to make cars and carpools, no time to make new worlds, no time for the terrain tool, and so on and so on! Then why did you waste months on 12 garden packs!?

eDoes anyone else find it ridiculous that time is being wasted on useless similar packs?

I think they do it that way because it keeps us interested, and happy something new always to look forward to. :);)

Think about it if they had put that all together it would not be interesting. too many mixed up things. It would be like making a chocolate cake, vanilla cake, carrot cake, lemon cake. strawberry cake, cheesecake all in one bowl lol. not too tasty. :s
    Oh, I saw your second part just now lol, sorry for edit, no I am not sorry. haha
    Remember they are the team and I am sure it's more than one. regardless, they still have to answer to their bosses. and the bosses the owners. So the Owners still have the last say. We are still here, most of us for years, so someone knows what they are doing, right. :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member

this is the kind of comment i really dislike. it's one thing to say the game doesn't entertain you but this just gives off a whole "all of you who are actually able to enjoy this game are uncultured trash who don't know what a good game actually is" vibe to me.