Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enough unwanted packs! EA! Give what customers want!

Comments

• Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    From what I have seen and read about the mods for TS4 they are just exaggerating and manipulating what is already in the game.

well duh, u cant mod something that doesnt exists.
  • Options
    tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member

I like clubs and party packs. I would rather have the supernatural packs, with witches, fairies and mermaids. So no you do not have any idea what I like.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Kuroi wrote: »
    > @windweaver said:
    >
    > "We" have a right to voice our opinions. We are not judging those who find the game fine the way it is. Why are you so defensive? Go play, stop worrying about those of us who want to get Maxis to work a little harder. I know they can do better, I've been a Simmer since the first game, and have bought and paid for every single Sims game they have made since. Many of the "We" have each game and WE have a right to complain or give our opinions.
    >

People are not complaining about the fact that the OP gave her opinions - they are complaining about HOW she did that. If you want to criticise the game or suggest new theme packs or whatever: Don't generalise your point of view and act like everyone ("the customers") feels the same. OP simply had no right to do that.

And how long you have been playing The Sims or how many expansions you have bought doesn't play any role in this discussion. It's about the current part (which is The Sims 4) and how it can be improved in order to meet the wishes of hopefully most of the players. Although the developers seem to be interested in our opinions, the development of new packs is not a democratic procedure and long-term players do not have a "special vote".

Generally this seems to be the old story: Sometimes I feel like the Sims fans are kind of divided into two camps: the ones who want the game to be as realistic as possible (with realistic graphics, gameplay with disabled sims or sims on drugs, growing hair, micro-management and so on) and those who don't need so much realism and appreciate the comic looks, the fantasy elements and the humor. And I guess that's what often causes so many discussions and arguments.

"We" is more than one. I sincerely doubt anyone is the only one on any given topic. Therefore, each and everyone of us has the RIGHT to use the word "WE"

And being a veteran does mean something special, whether or not you think so.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    > @windweaver said:
    > Kuroi wrote: »
    >
    > > @windweaver said:
    > >
    > > "We" have a right to voice our opinions. We are not judging those who find the game fine the way it is. Why are you so defensive? Go play, stop worrying about those of us who want to get Maxis to work a little harder. I know they can do better, I've been a Simmer since the first game, and have bought and paid for every single Sims game they have made since. Many of the "We" have each game and WE have a right to complain or give our opinions.
    > >
    >
    > People are not complaining about the fact that the OP gave her opinions - they are complaining about HOW she did that. If you want to criticise the game or suggest new theme packs or whatever: Don't generalise your point of view and act like everyone ("the customers") feels the same. OP simply had no right to do that.
    >
    > And how long you have been playing The Sims or how many expansions you have bought doesn't play any role in this discussion. It's about the current part (which is The Sims 4) and how it can be improved in order to meet the wishes of hopefully most of the players. Although the developers seem to be interested in our opinions, the development of new packs is not a democratic procedure and long-term players do not have a "special vote".
    >
    > Generally this seems to be the old story: Sometimes I feel like the Sims fans are kind of divided into two camps: the ones who want the game to be as realistic as possible (with realistic graphics, gameplay with disabled sims or sims on drugs, growing hair, micro-management and so on) and those who don't need so much realism and appreciate the comic looks, the fantasy elements and the humor. And I guess that's what often causes so many discussions and arguments.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "We" is more than one. I sincerely doubt anyone is the only one on any given topic. Therefore, each and everyone of us has the RIGHT to use the word "WE"
    >
    > And being a veteran does mean something special, whether or not you think so.

you like to say some pretty dense things don't you
  • Options
    tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    edited June 2017
    windweaver wrote: »
    > @windweaver said:
    >
    > "We" have a right to voice our opinions. We are not judging those who find the game fine the way it is. Why are you so defensive? Go play, stop worrying about those of us who want to get Maxis to work a little harder. I know they can do better, I've been a Simmer since the first game, and have bought and paid for every single Sims game they have made since. Many of the "We" have each game and WE have a right to complain or give our opinions.
    >

People are not complaining about the fact that the OP gave her opinions - they are complaining about HOW she did that. If you want to criticise the game or suggest new theme packs or whatever: Don't generalise your point of view and act like everyone ("the customers") feels the same. OP simply had no right to do that.

And how long you have been playing The Sims or how many expansions you have bought doesn't play any role in this discussion. It's about the current part (which is The Sims 4) and how it can be improved in order to meet the wishes of hopefully most of the players. Although the developers seem to be interested in our opinions, the development of new packs is not a democratic procedure and long-term players do not have a "special vote".

Generally this seems to be the old story: Sometimes I feel like the Sims fans are kind of divided into two camps: the ones who want the game to be as realistic as possible (with realistic graphics, gameplay with disabled sims or sims on drugs, growing hair, micro-management and so on) and those who don't need so much realism and appreciate the comic looks, the fantasy elements and the humor. And I guess that's what often causes so many discussions and arguments.

"We" is more than one. I sincerely doubt anyone is the only one on any given topic. Therefore, each and everyone of us has the RIGHT to use the word "WE"

Actually being a veteran doesn't really meant that much in view of games. I am a veteran in another game, I was there prior to launch but that doesn't make my views or what I want more important than a person just starting to play the game.

Using the word we is not something that should be done. When I have a suggestion or an idea I normally say me or if it is on the other game and I know my guild/friends support my idea I say my friends and I think. I restrict the use of we as it can come across like I am talking for everyone and that is something I do not want to do.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    We are not amused

Well....
    maybe a little
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I agree with you OP, so now you officially have a we, since we is considered more than 1 person. I find a lot of some what rude comments recently in the Sims 4 forums.
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    > @windweaver said:
    >
    >
    > "We" is more than one. I sincerely doubt anyone is the only one on any given topic. Therefore, each and everyone of us has the RIGHT to use the word "WE"

In this case "we" stands for the "customers" which is a bit more than only "more than one". Actually, it means all (or at least "most") of us. Furthermore she wrote that EA released packs "that nobody wants". It's like I said: She over-generalises. And that's it.

> And being a veteran does mean something special, whether or not you think so.

In what way does it mean something special, exactly? It might mean something for you personally, which is completely understandable. But I doubt that it means something for the developers because they have to satisfy both longterm users and newbies, respectively gain new customers.

And even veterans have very diverse opinions on the upcoming packs: Some want to have packs from the older games recycled for The Sims 4, others want something completely new.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Ah, more chest thumping about Veteran Simmer (TM) status. The bread and butter of the Sims community.
  • Options
    laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    I think EA is doing a great job and I love a lot of the content they have been releasing for this game and just because you find these packs useless doesn't mean everyone else does.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    You know, if you think that the modders are doing a better job than EA, you could just download mods and save the money that you would have spent on packs. I personally feel like we've gotten things that I'm very happy about and if you feel like the modders do that for you and EA can't, I don't really see what you're on about.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Ah, more chest thumping about Veteran Simmer (TM) status. The bread and butter of the Sims community.

That's right. There wouldn't be a TS4 without the people who launched them to stardom. Never forget the little people.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    > @windweaver said:
    >
    >

I'm a sims veteran too, but it doesn't make us anymore special or make our opinion any higher. Someone on these forums use to tell me my opinion was less valid because they played the sims longer than I have and Drake had to step in and tell them that no matter how long you played the sims doesn't matter.

Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion and playing longer doesn't make it higher or any more special.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »

That's right. There wouldn't be a TS4 without the people who launched them to stardom. Never forget the little people.
    Let me state this directly and very simply. The fact that I have purchased and played all of the main entries in The Sims series since 2000 does not give my opinion any more weight than anyone else. This statement is also true for you and anyone else using the supposed Veteran Simmer (TM) crutch. It may be healthier for both you and your community if you were to drop such juvenile tactics.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm proud to be a veteran simmer also but my dollar doesn't spend any better than the new simmers.. I think being around since the beginning is basically only good for nostalgia and reminiscing.
    Why when I was young we had to squint to see the sims faces sonny boy! And dancing girls popped out of cakes! The good ole days. You could name your sims Hi.cks and everybody laughed. Girls dressed like girls and boys.. why they dressed like boys! Well except for them there dancing boys, yeah they was somethin alright..
    Time moves on.. we gotta move on with it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'm proud to be a veteran simmer also but my dollar doesn't spend any better than the new simmers.. I think being around since the beginning is basically only good for nostalgia and reminiscing.
    Why when I was young we had to squint to see the sims faces sonny boy! And dancing girls popped out of cakes! The good ole days. You could name your sims Hi.cks and everybody laughed. Girls dressed like girls and boys.. why they dressed like boys! Well except for them there dancing boys, yeah they was somethin alright..
    Time moves on.. we gotta move on with it.

Honestly, I think the only difference that comes with being a 'veteran' simmer, is that you get the jokes when they bring back an npc or object from the previous version of the sims. Which should be more than enough :-)
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    I don't have any way of knowing what "most" people want. All I can say is I have no interest in a Pets or Seasons EP. Time for something new.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    It's not possible to ensure that everybody is happy. It seems that everybody wants completely different things and all they do is complain until they get it. There was many people who wanted Parenthood because they were missing the family features, it's new and creative for us. It seems that EA can't win with people, it's sad how greedy some people have become.
  • Options
    KeiRoMultiverseKeiRoMultiverse Posts: 11 New Member
    That drug mod doesn't even add any gameplay. It's just a couple of animations and moodlets. I know it's just a new mod still being developed, but to say that modders are doing better than EA? They aren't. Come back when the drug mod has actually deep gameplay like maybe addiction, cop raids, and turf wars, then maybe you can say modders are getting an upper hand.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2017
    As far as modding goes it sometimes fixed what EA/Maxis would not do in a timely fashion. however, it is not the modders job to fix something that EA/Maxis should have fixed w/o modders getting involved. I do not use mods in my games but I do appreciate them trying. The modders appear to be very talented because some cannot even do what they do, keep doing the do modders. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LynELoveLynELove Posts: 1 New Member
    Clearly this is what you want and you should state that and try not to throw "we" around as if you speak for the entire realm of Sim players. I have played Sims since Sims2 and have never played pets, they are annoying, tried it on TS2 and never again.

What all you are failing to realize is that when you purchased this EA is giving you what you bought. They NEVER promised you any of the expansions and stuff packs from previous versions. You are expecting something that was not promised or implied. I, for one would like to thank them for making this new and not just a carbon copy of the previous versions.

This game is more complex and it takes a lot to create the graphics and design for it, so some things cannot be rushed. If something is in development, whining on the forum will not make it come out any faster.

Oh and by the way, if you want your Sim to have a tan, make them darker.

The game is good as it is and that is the thing of it, it is a great GAME! If you don't like it don't play. If you don't like this pack don't buy it. I like that they are breaking them up because then I can buy what I want and not have what I wont use.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    That drug mod doesn't even add any gameplay. It's just a couple of animations and moodlets. I know it's just a new mod still being developed, but to say that modders are doing better than EA? They aren't. Come back when the drug mod has actually deep gameplay like maybe addiction, cop raids, and turf wars, then maybe you can say modders are getting an upper hand.
    99.9% of the time I don't even think twice when someone compliments work done by a modder.

In this case, it gave me some pause because the OP said that they don't actually use mods. So how do they know that mods are better if they don't use them? It just seems like it's a tactic to pressure Maxis in this context. I don't think it should even be relevant to Maxis's output whether modders are doing a 'better' job or not (which is partly subjective to begin with). It's two different worlds.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I think they should fix the forums so that they work and people who qualify can become full grown members again. I care more about that than any EP, to be honest.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    I think they should fix the forums so that they work and people who qualify can become full grown members again. I care more about that than any EP, to be honest.

so much salt your blood pressure will rise to the gods